Avengers' Battle Kit (possible new purchase) - now w/ Poll!

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Add a zero to the ISO value, please...
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    US, iOS, made previous purchases - 14.99

The funny thing is I marked no and said I would purchase at 9.99
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Initially I got $9.99. I refreshed my mobile browser and got a survey with $14.99. Refreshed again, got $9.99.

I said no.

Android. Canada. Spender.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I'm on iOS phone (in the US) and it offered $14.99. I have made purchases before, though no more than a Logan's Loonies.

I choose no, but in the Other comment field I put I would be interested at the $9.99 price that other players were offered. For the ISO alone, that beats what they currently offer (13,200 for $19.99). Could be helpful in a pinch when you're trying to max a 4* before that 14th cover expires, a never ending race I seem to be stuck in these days.

Curious to see if what it offers when I play on my iPad tonight.
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    UK, IOS, made the odd rare purchase and mine was 9.99

I said no as it wasn't anywhere near enough ISO which is really what I need now and for the foreseeable future.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Listed 14.99 for me (US/$$), I said no. Rewards "Throughout the month" really sours it for me as well.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    If they were Classic Legendaries and if they increased the Iso to say 20 to 25k I would buy them at $10 every once and awhile. If they were Latest Legendaries then no I wouldn't.
  • BlackSheep101
    My first guess would be that it is A/B testing.
    First, this. You can stop speculating about platform or how much you've spent. They're gathering data points.

Second, did anyone else notice that it said you'd collect these awards "Throughout the month"?
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    I said no - $9.99.

I'm US, iOS, spender.

Suggested add 100x the ISO and we can talk.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    So you think it would hit like a weekly Daily Resupply Crate?
  • BlackSheep101
    BearVenger wrote:
    So you think it would hit like a weekly Daily Resupply Crate?
    Possibly, with some up front benefit so you don't feel like a doofus for dropping $10-15 and then having to wait a few days to see any gain.
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    First, this. You can stop speculating about platform or how much you've spent. They're gathering data points.

Second, did anyone else notice that it said you'd collect these awards "Throughout the month"?
    I did, but it didn't really "click" in my mind and didn't affect my answer.
    But what that actually means is a very interesting question and definitely affects how attractive the kit is.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we all just pause a moment to consider what they are proposing?

Whether it is $9.99 or $14.99, they are proposing a package that comes with 2 LTs and 9 CP, amidst all the other peripheral items. Based on Stark/Lode current values 20,000HP = 78,000iso, which means 1HP = 3.9 iso. Or, 780 iso per Dollar.

Let's just say that it's $10. For $10, I'd get:

700HP = 2730 iso
    10,000 iso
    2LT = 2,000 iso
    4heroics = 1,000 iso
    +9cp.

That's 15,730 iso +9 cp for $10. That becomes 157.3 iso per Dollar.

This package then almost precisely doubles rewards per dollar spent, not to mention the CP gain. (Stark = 14.3 Dollars per CP. New proposal = 1.11 dollars per CP).

This all seems good.

But I think what this is really translating into is the death of buy clubs. You get 9cp. Not your alliance. You.

Not judging one way or the other. I'm not a fan of buy clubs, but I've certainly used a couple. Same way I'm not a fan of using Line to coordinate PVP shield checks, but.. You do what you need to do in order to proceed as far as you can with the tools you have.

Things to discuss anyway...
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    Is it possible that they ask for $9.99 from those who've never made a purchase before and $14.99 from those who have?
    I've made a purchase before and was asked about $9.99.

Region is an interesting question. I'm in the US. For those who saw $14.99, where are you located?

USA, Android, made one purchase previously, survey stated $14.99.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    US, Android, $9.99, I bought something once.

10,000 iso is a laughably small amount. Considering we each need 350,000+ to champion one single 4*, that amount is basically nothing.

The rest of the stuff is cool but not that useful. I can get 700 HP in 1-2 weeks, and I only really need it for shielding and roster slots, and the tokens and CP will most likely give me covers I don't need, so that's like another 3000 ISO, which isn't much.

Really at this point, the only thing I need to improve my experience is more ISO, but in order to buy it, it needs to be a lot, enough to make significant progress on championing a 4*, not just enough to bump it up 3-4 levels.

I'd like to level up my 4*s faster, but I'm resigned to it being at this current rate, especially because I've leveled up almost all of the good ones, so the only ones I'm leveling up now are more the lower-tier ones (SL, KP, AM etc... good but not terrifying as opponents in PVP).
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    At $9.99 I'd probably buy one every month. Seems like a great deal in relation to other purchases.

At $14.99 I might get one every 2-3 months.
  • generalTsobot
    generalTsobot Posts: 65 Match Maker

I've seen this done with other F2P games. I think the theory is to not affect existing purchases -- those "gotta have it now" types of buyers, and that this subscription offering will add new purchases that otherwise might not have happened. Additionally, it keeps you playing the game, since the rewards are coming later.

The sweetener is that subscription deals have greater "value" -- an Agency Expense under current pricing is $5 for 600 HP. This theoretical subscription offering, for $5 more (assuming this price point and not the $15) gives you 100 more HP and a bunch of other things of varying value.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think they need to serious consider 2 different offerings.

1. geared toward newer players (1*/2*/early 3*) This package is
    ---2 roster slots
    ---4 heroics
    ---40 cp
    ---700 hp
    ---5k iso.

10$

2. geared towards 4*/5* players. This package is
    ---2 roster slots
    ---2 LT tokens
    ---40 cop
    ---500hp
    ---5k iso

$15 bucks

the thing I think they are really missing in this offering is some form of roster slots.

ON the one hand, early players can buy slots insanely cheap, but the rush of 3* characters is overwhelming and they probably still need help in planing out their roster acquistion plan.

Late stage players almost always need 2 more slots a month (correspoinding to their new release schedule). and they should have the option between LT vs CP tokens. (and I think 4 tokens is reasonable and useful for even 5* players)
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I've invested heavily in this game, play on android in the US.

I was offered 9.99, sure why not.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    When LT's were introduced, wasn't part of the point that they evened the chances of getting 5*s for everyone since they wouldn't be available for purchase (i.e. whales just couldn't load up on them)? Of course, that changed a bit once LTs were added to 40-packs, but this bundle would make it much easier for the whales.