Avengers' Battle Kit (possible new purchase) - now w/ Poll!

justplainchips
justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Who's seen the in game survey about a possible new bundle for purchase?

$9.99 gets you

700 heropointsbig.png
10000 iso8big.png
2 token_legendary.png
4 token_heroic.png
9 commandpointsbig.png

Very intriguing to a player like me who only spends a bit every once in a while. But for those who are already big spenders and need tons of ISO, I'm not sure.

What are people's thoughts and reactions?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• justplainchips
    ...I suppose I could have mentioned what I thought of it more than just "very intriguing."

I said "Yes" to whether I'd purchase it, though really it's just "likely."
    I said that the most interesting part is the LTs and the least interesting part is the Heroics.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Where did you see 9.99? Mine asks if I'd spend 14.99 on it. Was actually coming to see if anyone had worked out if it's worth it.

I was told there would be no math.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2016
    my survey from PC had a price of $14.99.

thus one of the following is going on.

A. They are going to attempt to screw over PC players with increased cost (goes great with the fact that 2.5 years later PC players still can't get facebook rewards and thus the iso drought is even worse on there)
    B. It is a test to see how reactions differ between response to $9.99 or $14.99.
    C. It was an honest mistake.

Either way I voted against it and told them even though there is a huge iso drought to screw the iso as buying that amount of iso is pretty much pointless. would much rather have more HP or more tokens.

Edit: with more info in it's clear that this is case B where they are testing responses to the two different price points randomly.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2016
    10k iso is out of place in this, that's less than 1 days earnings

Was $14.99 for my survey, I play android
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    WHY WOULD THEY NOT MENTION THIS TO US, ON HERE???!?!?!?

Like....OMG.....these people are so so so bizarre.
  • MeatLoafX
    MeatLoafX Posts: 74
    My survey, on mobile (iOS), said $9.99.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Where did you see 9.99? Mine asks if I'd spend 14.99 on it. Was actually coming to see if anyone had worked out if it's worth it.

I was told there would be no math.

Interesting. They're trying to find if charging more is tolerable using different survey groups. Mine was at $9.99.

Abk.png
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I had $9.99 which I said I would buy and my choice was the LT but I would like to have added the CP and the 700 hero tokens were wanted also. The 10k ISO is a nice bonus but not why I would buy it.

This was actually suggest on the forum ages ago. I hope this does get implemented it would be nice to have a cheaper way to progress. Especially as there are loads of 4*s I want to get covers for especially Punisher Max. I'm all about the strike tiles.
  • justplainchips
    zulux21 wrote:
    A. They are going to attempt to screw over PC players with increased cost (goes great with the fact that 2.5 years later PC players still can't get facebook rewards and thus the iso drought is even worse on there)
    B. It is a test to see how reactions differ between response to $9.99 or $14.99.
    C. It was an honest mistake.
    My first guess would be that it is A/B testing.
    But it will be interesting to see if the price is consistently different depending on platform. (I'm on Android)
    EDIT: And from above it looks like they price does vary even on mobile. So I'm sure they're doing A/B testing.
    fmftint wrote:
    10k iso is out of place in this, that's less than 1 days earnings
    Though it is pretty much in line with what they consider ISO worth in dollars. But I'd be inclined to agree with you that it probably wouldn't hurt to bump that up. And seeing as though it's only a once a month purchase (forgot to mention that above), even if there was a ton of ISO, it shouldn't screw with any existing ISO purchases. (of which we all hope there aren't many)
  • justplainchips
    TLCstormz wrote:
    WHY WOULD THEY NOT MENTION THIS TO US, ON HERE???!?!?!?

Like....OMG.....these people are so so so bizarre.
    Maybe so they could get some "real" data on what people's preferences are before everyone discovers that there are two separate prices and then everyone who gets the $14.99 price immediately says "NO".
  • Square-Chopper
    Square-Chopper Posts: 54 Match Maker
    MeatLoafX wrote:
    My survey, on mobile (iOS), said $9.99.

Weird. Mine was $14,99 also on iOS.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Peeps, the difference in price is (probably) based on the region in which you live and what platform you play.

Americans on IOS/Android will (probably) be offered 9.99...

Canadians on IOS/android would be up to 14.99.. I know Canadians on ios pay more for their HP purchases, while Canadians on google play, pay a couple bucks less... ($119.99 for stark on android and $139.99 on IOS)

Thoughts?
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    My survey said $9.99 (US, I assume) for that amount. When I try to go back to it, I just get a "thanks" screen.

I picked the LT as most compelling (and more rich-get-richer breakaway potential) and the Heroics as the least compelling (with 1/20 odds of being some 4* cover I can use).

I think 2LT on their own is worth $10 (and consider the rest bonus), but I'm weary of giving this game any more money, as they find new things to make it feel like more of a must-grind-to-not-get-left-behind chore than a game that's fun in its own.

You know what was fun today? On my 650 PvP point token, I pulled a redflag.pngicon_x23.png . That was a good morning. I felt like I had made progress and expanded my options. I wish I had more days like those.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I hope if they do launch it they put it at $9.99 which is about £6.99 here.

I really want that additional boost that this would bring but I play full retail games a lot and I can't justify chucking in a huge monthly sum into a mobile game.

I have netflix for 6.99 a month and that is tons of different tv shows. 9.99 a month for unlimited music on spotify. Subscriptions are all about little and often and whilst I know this isn't a subscription I would absolutely get hooked after that first purchase and buy it every month. Especially if they keep LT as rare as they are now for the casual player/developing 4* player
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Mine said 9.99 (android.) friends said 29.99, not sure what platform he's on but it's definitely mobile. Looks like they're putting out different options for people to see what the sweet spot would be.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2016
    Mine was also 14.99. I put no, stating that it was too expensive. Considered putting in $9.99 as a fair price, but even then decided against it. Any more than $5 and I'm not paying.

Anyways, as another fellow mentioned, it appears they are surveying with different price points to gauge the optimal amount of money. AKA the amount of money most folks will pay, while they still turn out a maximum profit. Sneaky, but I admire their attempt.

[EDIT] For anyone keeping track, I'm on Android (mobile/tablet) and in Canada. Previously purchased, but no purchases in the past 12-18 months (except for a $5 Android only deal just before the Champion feature).
  • justplainchips
    OJSP wrote:
    Is it possible that they ask for $9.99 from those who've never made a purchase before and $14.99 from those who have?
    I've made a purchase before and was asked about $9.99.

Region is an interesting question. I'm in the US. For those who saw $14.99, where are you located?
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2016
    OJSP wrote:
    Is it possible that they ask for $9.99 from those who've never made a purchase before and $14.99 from those who have?

I've purchased a Loonies this week, and I got the $9.99 price, so I don't think so.

I think, less than splitting by region or OS/platform, they're seeing what price point would bring more income (EDIT: Although I would expect thetly could also examine those responses by region, OS, and purchase history).

Could they get 50%+1 more subscribers at $10 than they would at $15?

Could they get twice as many at $15 as they would at $30?
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    BigRussian wrote:
    Peeps, the difference in price is (probably) based on the region in which you live and what platform you play.

Americans on IOS/Android will (probably) be offered 9.99...

Canadians on IOS/android would be up to 14.99.. I know Canadians on ios pay more for their HP purchases, while Canadians on google play, pay a couple bucks less... ($119.99 for stark on android and $139.99 on IOS)

Thoughts?
    I am on steam in the US and saw 14.99.

since someone else mentioned seeing 14.99 in the US on IOS the platform and country don't seem to be why there are differences in prices. perhaps it's a higher price for people who have spent X amount on the game, or have played so many days.

My account would show I have spent $120 on the game (I think, I got gifted the $50 bundle on steam, maybe it would only show $70)
    and I am on day 866.

let's find out if they are targeted people who pay or have played longer with a higher price or if they are just doing it randomly icon_razz.gif
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2016
    BearVenger wrote:
    I think 2LT on their own is worth $10 (and consider the rest bonus)

I don't think that. I got the 9.99 poll, and though the LTs were the most compelling, I still said no. Ten bucks for a potential Chulk and Baglady... actually, one thirteenth of a Chulk and Baglady.

Yeah, I'll pass. Guarantee a 5*, and we might be talking. Spending real world cash on the RNG is a no go here.