The Hulk Event Discussion Thread

Comments

• pasa_ wrote:
    So it sounds like your issue is with rubberbanding here, not repeatable vs. unrepeatable nodes. Even the one-time nodes from the first Hulk events had rubberbanding. I don't have an issue with that. I would like to be done with this event, however, and repeatable nodes mean I need to keep an eye on the rankings periodically until close. Boo.

My only issue is even simpler: it is the fact that you can gain 67k points on the last day alone. On a tournament with progression going to 160k. That is damn imbalanced. The points of last day should be similar to other days or way less. The past was like that. I'd say 15-20k should be there tops. under 10k be ideal.

Alternatively announce it properly beforehand so people can just show up for last 3 days and still finish on top.

That's a fair concern. Luckily, it seems like people aren't pushing to get the full points, possibly due to scaling. I went to sleep at ~#220, and with 10 hours to go I'm only down to ~#240. Probably only an issue if you're right on the border between two tiers. Best of luck locking down your rewards!
  • #540 with 217k at -10.5 hours. Start to feel confident it will be okay and can make up enough points in the last 8h if needed.
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    So, im #1746 with 189.000. I guess thats it, right? 10 hours left, i shouldnt fall from the 3333s... right? Maybe ill do 1k every 3 hours or so.... just to be sure.

Leaderboards should be scrollable. I would like to see how much to my next milestone.
  • Ditto, at the 30th range with 260k and I lost max banding, only 6k behind first.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Chimaera wrote:
    Ditto, at the 30th range with 260k and I lost max banding, only 6k behind first.

A few days ago it looked to me like max rubber banding was at approximately 6500 points.
  • Once again I walk the edge of the abyss with a current ranking of #197, done every high-point mission 2-3 times during lunch to now, taking a break until it refreshes 2 hours from the end. Top 200 breakpoint is currently 241142 with 10 hours to go. No pressure.
  • Thanks very much for the update on 200th. Should be in the bag then. I can do a few matches in between magic games tonight if necessary. With cmag at 4 blue the high level desert nodes are a joke. Have to boost though but at this point it's fine for a x-force.
  • jozier wrote:
    Usually the tournament progression rewards are only for the top tier of players. It seems they didn't calculate that the changes they made to the Hulk event would overshoot the top progression rewards by this large a margin.

They definitely messed up the estimates *again* and reality blew all their figures through the roof. just they appear exactly as unprepared for this.

If I'm on a project with similar behavior after a milestone we have a retro and discuss how to prevent a failure in the future. And when we're about fielding the next thing I expect to have a contingency plan in place should history repeat itself as it is in its nature.

In first Hulk event like 120 players passed the last progression point, and by 500-ish points.
    I'm pretty sure the point values available from main missions are NOT intended or anything close. Just forgot a 10x multiplier or a limit in the rubberband formula. And I'm also sure some people there saw it coming from the second day in tops; it could have been fixed before the effect gets noticable. And we did have several updates this week, it could be deployed in any of them. Their QA completely beats me.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX -- Can we get a character block and stats for Modern Thor, who will be out tonight?
  • Okay, that is all of the grind that I have left in me. I should finish top 200 unless 189 people leapfrog me.
  • radav
    radav Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    HailMary wrote:
    If we double or triple the needed community points to unlock a hulk can we unlock additional ones? icon_e_biggrin.gif

+1
    This is a no-brainer to me.

As an aside, I hope 250K actually is enough for final top 200. Moon/Rags + Jugg + Venom without serious stunlock capability is not fun.

Would also like to see something like this. Unfortunately it's pretty obvious that they completely messed up the numbers here. Would be cool to see something like that in the future.

As for the comment about Moon/Rags + Jugg + Venom. I would love to know how you beat these guys without someone *cough cough* Spidey *cough cough* to stunlock them. I am fortunate enough to have a 5 blue Spidey so he can make things fairly straightforward but just for fun I tried to use a couple different setups to take the Jugg + Rag + Venom fight on without him. HAHAHAHA the match damage alone eats through my HP so fast I have no chance to get things rolling with Punisher for instance before my other guys are dead. If they get a big cascade you're one shot, Juggernaut can 1 shot you, Rags combo can ruin your day, venom's stun, so many things can go against you there. You get a big cascade what does that do for you? You can fire off a few abilities and Juggernaut is still standing there with 18k HP left wondering whether you just hit him or was that a fly that landed on his shoulder. Are the fights tuned in such a way to encourage you to want to have 3 level 141 heroes to do it? Cause it honestly doesn't feel like even if I were there with that kind of party I'd still be getting blown to bits without Spidey to lock things down.
  • Daken would be the most improbable to win without Spiderman. Most combinations you can at least hope they match blue/yellow/black (if no Ares) for a while as you're getting your combos going. Against Daken, you pretty much can't have any green matches from either sides, and green is a major attack color. The most common ways to attack the 5 digit HP guys involves piling up strike tiles and the best strike tiles in the game right now is generated via green. I've had games where a regular match was doing 1K damage from Daken, and there's no way you can outlast that without stuns.
  • Whoever mentioned Modern Storm as an option the other day - thank you. Have been taking immense satisfaction from beating the living **** out of 230x3 and their combined 30000+ health with a roster totalling less than half of that. All for very little damage taken to boot and no stunlock needed icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I'm at 3301 exactly with 174128
  • Phantron wrote:
    Daken would be the most improbable to win without Spiderman. Most combinations you can at least hope they match blue/yellow/black (if no Ares) for a while as you're getting your combos going. Against Daken, you pretty much can't have any green matches from either sides, and green is a major attack color. The most common ways to attack the 5 digit HP guys involves piling up strike tiles and the best strike tiles in the game right now is generated via green. I've had games where a regular match was doing 1K damage from Daken, and there's no way you can outlast that without stuns.

I'm going to second this - Daken is completely pants-on-head ****. All strike tiles outside of Psylocke's red and Black Panther's yellow are green abilities. The only counter is to keep him stunned - if he's not, he'll start pooping out almost 300 damage worth of strike tiles per green match, and recover far too much health to beat down without the use of your own strike tiles! I hate him with a passion, and any mission involving him at high level demands Spiderman. Combined with Ragnarok, I want to eat a baby given how the obscene amount of cascades always results in Black Widow getting giblitized. I've swapped her out with Hood until this event is over, she can be boosted all she wants, but Hood always buys me another turn before cascades start happening - and that turn is one more chance to gather some blue. Sure, no double-tapping, but if my stunlock fails, Hood will at least have bled their resources dry.
  • I don't have time to grind my second refresh of the main maps so I'm leaving thousands of points on the board which will likely cost me a top 200 spot. Oh well.
  • Ya I take the non daken matches with Max Hood punisher OBW with little difficulty, they can cascade you but if you have a steal ready the hood keeps them on minimal mana. Punisher tiles and OBW espionage hits hard. For the desert it's lvl 20 storm, 102 Cmag , green cover for the match damage. Hulk or punisher. Super easy.

And I avoid the city daken node now... It's too high.
  • Reached 160K today. First time I manged to get all the progression rewards icon_e_smile.gif

Also got my first IW from a heroic token won in one of the sub-events.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    radav wrote:
    As for the comment about Moon/Rags + Jugg + Venom. I would love to know how you beat these guys without someone *cough cough* Spidey *cough cough* to stunlock them. I am fortunate enough to have a 5 blue Spidey so he can make things fairly straightforward but just for fun I tried to use a couple different setups to take the Jugg + Rag + Venom fight on without him. HAHAHAHA the match damage alone eats through my HP so fast I have no chance to get things rolling with Punisher for instance before my other guys are dead. If they get a big cascade you're one shot, Juggernaut can 1 shot you, Rags combo can ruin your day, venom's stun, so many things can go against you there. You get a big cascade what does that do for you? You can fire off a few abilities and Juggernaut is still standing there with 18k HP left wondering whether you just hit him or was that a fly that landed on his shoulder. Are the fights tuned in such a way to encourage you to want to have 3 level 141 heroes to do it? Cause it honestly doesn't feel like even if I were there with that kind of party I'd still be getting blown to bits without Spidey to lock things down.

1. I'm only seeing ~L130 villains, probably since I'm only fielding L77 Thor, L77 OBW, and L40 Punisher, and somehow lucked out on PvE level scaling.
    2. 3x +1 AP boost for R/Y (for Thor), 3x +1 AP boost for B/P (for OBW), 40% rainbow match damage boost.
    3. Luck. Success vs. complete post-retreat wipeout is pretty much a coin flip.

L136 Daken+Rags+Moonstone match damage after ~10 turns is just ludicrous for my 2* team.
  • Reached 160K today. First time I manged to get all the progression rewards icon_e_smile.gif

Also got my first IW from a heroic token won in one of the sub-events.
    It feels great to see that 4* in a pack, doesn't it? Only had it happen once, but man it feels good.