The Hulk Event Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Miraculously saw a few rounds that were winnable without spamming this morning and played a them twice without any major disasters.

Saw the ranking keep falling over the course of the day and groaned. Seriously rolled the dice on some deadly non-desert stages with Daken and won with mad boosting (Thank you Ares Onslaught + Sunder to Daken's face. I forgot how useful Ares is for burst DD damage from the player's perspective). Tacked on 5k points, won a silver recruit token that yielded a Loki, and called it a tourney (I hope). Hoping for the best at 255k. I really don't want to have to break out one of infinite turn spam combos at the last minute to hold the prize tier. I think I'm becoming morally apprehensive of using one of them to win rounds.
  • Marquoz wrote:
    Pre-scaling, the Hulk PvE event was my favorite. Post-scaling, I hate it. I'm very glad it's ending. What should that tell you, D3?

It tells D3 you enjoy grinding for multiple hours a day.
  • windfallstar
    Options
    So I depleted a truckload of boosts and health packs, but I did finally manage to grind up to the last Punisher cover. Also, I'm miraculously in the running for a Thor cover now. I guess people are really burnt out and really don't want to grind away at those last mission now that the levels are high.
  • I think D3 just needs to know that if you give people an option to grind, they will.

Although people hated Heroic Oscorp, that sure didn't stop people from fighting for the top positions. If people really hate grinding as much as they said, it'd be pretty easy to coast to the top in Heroic Oscorp, given that event had some of the most ridiculous scaling, no rubberbanding, and a ridiculously handicapped roster.

I've been saying for a long time they need to do the TaT '2 and done' method. There was still clear separation between the players and the structure prevents anyone from grinding too much, except for the crazy brackets where people are fighting over a single point (I was in like 3 of them) and those cases are hardly applicable to the general populace.
  • RichHurtz wrote:
    I seriously hate this game sometimes. Just got into yet another game where the enemy keeps clearing nearly half the board and using about 3 powers a turn and all I can do is a match 3. And making it even worse was bullseye's power making ANY attack I did do ONE damage while there was no way to get to them or clear them.

EDIT: WOW. Revived my team after they all got killed, moved to a different map, and it happens AGAIN.

I know that feeling, happens to me once in a while, but on the flip side, I've done it to the enemy also. I've beaten a 230 team before cause I kept getting extra turns like crazy and they've only attacked me maybe 5 times before I won.

It feels like for every time I've done it to the enemy, I've had it happen against me at least 4-5 times. It gets insanely frustrating after a while, especially when it's one of the easier missions you can do while the others are going from the mid 100s to 230.
  • 2 HOURS 15 MINUTES REMAIN: Score for top 200 is currently 248937.

Like hell I'm staying at 197 though, this is the last time I skirt the abyss, onward to safer pastures.
  • Currently Sitting at 263k total for 37th place, I still got 700 point matches but am zombied out after a week of grinding.I pray i'm safe for top 200, but nvr know.My luck i'd go to bed and lose 200 spots.Lol. Kinda thinking lazy thors gonna only be leveled for featured events for me.
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got the elusive Hulk Red Cover today and one standard token gave me an IM40 red cover. Not a bad day all in all.
    So, i just purchased some hp... without telling the wife of course. What do you recommend? going for the every day discount heroic token, the 10 pack, the hulk event discount pack or what?
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Save it for roster slots.
    Or at a push buy some roosters.
  • ichijuan wrote:
    Got the elusive Hulk Red Cover today and one standard token gave me an IM40 red cover. Not a bad day all in all.
    So, i just purchased some hp... without telling the wife of course. What do you recommend? going for the every day discount heroic token, the 10 pack, the hulk event discount pack or what?

You should never buy the heroic packs unless you are really desperate for a certain hero. Using the HP for shields will almost certainly be better in the long run for earning covers. Roster slots are always useful too, though if you're not a collector there's no reason to horde a bunch of heroes you don't actually plan on using.
  • Or buy the cover you need desperately outright, HP is still given generously.Nothing worse then popping 600 HP on shields to lose spot for useless reward.
  • Will this event end already. Played as little as possible last 2 days and should still safely make top 200 still so lazy thor secured.
  • Played yet another game an hour ago, at 224k seems to keep steady above the 500 mark. Seem most people aim exactly there and stop at first above point.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Man, I'm at #138 right now (254K) with 43 minutes left to go. Just got my 3 Hood covers, and I'm nervous that a last-minute surge will drop me below #200. icon_neutral.gif
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Is it me or this feels like we are finishing this event tired, stressed, worn out, just begging for it to end...
  • HailMary
    Options
    ichijuan wrote:
    Is it me or this feels like we are finishing this event tired, stressed, worn out, just beging for it to end...
    I want everyone the second 200 to feel this way so they don't surge past me in the last mile. icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    So.... what are the odds of another PvE starting when this one ends?

The devs wouldn't leave the weekend completely open outside of a single PvP tourney in this day and age.... would they?

Hrmm.... the news page is down now....

/gets popcorn ready
  • Jumped into the top 200. Haven't been there for at least 7 days icon_cool.gif
  • HailMary
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    So.... what are the odds of another PvE starting when this one ends?

The devs wouldn't leave the weekend completely open outside of a single PvP tourney in this day and age.... would they?

Hrmm.... the news page is down now....

/gets popcorn ready

And introducing... a new 2* character <drum roll> ... Victoria Hand! Get covers of her in the new PvE: Hand Over Fist!
  • Counting down the last minute.... sank only to #497. Quite promising. Do we have any info on Lazy Thor's upgrades?