The Hulk Event Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• radav wrote:
    As for the comment about Moon/Rags + Jugg + Venom. I would love to know how you beat these guys without someone *cough cough* Spidey *cough cough* to stunlock them.

My spidey is 3 in blue, I only used him on the early missions only with the angry hulk. Alone it's no-brainer and with DAs stun helps.

These late fights: the desert ones are actually easy, just bring MStorm and someone who can convert AP to damage. Usual team CMags and Punisher (~115 natural level, latter is buffed) but most others will do (but forget Patch). But Mags really makes it a single long turn after you picked up 5 reds and blues. You can bring stocks if paranoid. Under 180 it's simple, over 200 one of the tanks finishes under half life from early hits. Desert is tinikitty broken even just naturally but with MStorm it's just crazy.

On normal maps I used Punisher/CMags/OBW and usually pack palette damage, critical possibly some other color boosts (criticals grow on trees, others also fail to go below 20), the crit works king with Mags. Up to 140 it's easy again, over 180 I expect someone finish under 1000. About lvl 200 a headbutt or devour still fits in the HP pool, but it is a setback as you might sacrifice the blues on a heal.

From start I pick every red with look for purple and blue. Must collect 11 purple ASAP to steal their stock before used. Tile damage is still significant but ok. Once purples are in stock you might feel safe to collect more AP ahead, then I again go off in an endless turn using judgement, Mags blus, red and molotovs. The early stock of reds help going ahead when the other things got stuck. Preferably just keep the turn but they can do some matches as you stripped them recently and likely gain another contingent of purples eventually.

I target jugs first on high levels but rags on lower ones. If Bullseye is presen obviously he's first and must waste mags blue to kill his shields. Daken left second, when I have strike tiles.

On the battles with BP I more used patch, but enemies were lower usually. His healing and direct damage rulez but molotov and judgement proved somewhat better -- maybe just for Frank being buffed by those 30 levels. Maybe for the extra tile destruction that helps getting new supply of blues.

I used hulk only where required, he was okay too, just slower and requires excessive amount of healing afterwards.
  • Well got back into the top 10 looks like the leader not doing anything this refresh. So I feel reasonable safe now. Back to Marvel Agents of shield just started up again on UK TV.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Daken would be the most improbable to win without Spiderman. Most combinations you can at least hope they match blue/yellow/black (if no Ares) for a while as you're getting your combos going. Against Daken, you pretty much can't have any green matches from either sides, and green is a major attack color. The most common ways to attack the 5 digit HP guys involves piling up strike tiles and the best strike tiles in the game right now is generated via green. I've had games where a regular match was doing 1K damage from Daken, and there's no way you can outlast that without stuns.

For daken fights I was more inclined to use Patch for healing up, and Mags helped to kill the tiles. Tried going with Loki, mixed results, when got the blacks it was excessive fun, especially the bulls/daken/X company. Other times I overlooked that he picks some tiles and lost him. I work without AP stocks, if one starts with enough black, I'm sure he rulez the field.

If the board is not that full of green you can keep the amount of daken strikes to low number at a time. Old suggestions went with alternative tactic: saturate the reds ASAP. might have some merit.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    Well got back into the top 10 looks like the leader not doing anything this refresh. So I feel reasonable safe now. Back to Marvel Agents of shield just started up again on UK TV.

I've been a bit dirty and streamed it upto where it is on US TV.
    That said I'll probably buy it on DVD when it comes out.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    Well got back into the top 10 looks like the leader not doing anything this refresh. So I feel reasonable safe now. Back to Marvel Agents of shield just started up again on UK TV.

I've been a bit dirty and streamed it upto where it is on US TV.
    That said I'll probably buy it on DVD when it comes out.

What are you opinions of the show? I enjoy it, it could be better, but I feel like Marvel has a lot of input on what they can and cannot use from the Marvel universe. Outside of Agent Coulson, Fitz and Simmons are my favorite characters.
  • LOL, stand exactly at #500 with 220083, 8h32m to go. Hope for no need to play a single game in this thing.
  • Twysta
    Options
    It started off really slow and I think I only continued to watch it because well...
    a) It's Marvel
    b) Coulson is a boss
    c) Chloe Bennett/Skye is worth it

It's really starting to pick up now and I'm enjoying it.

Disney own both ABC and Marvel so essentially they can use mostly anyone they want minus mutants due to Fox owning the rights for x-men.
  • Twysta wrote:
    It started off really slow and I think I only continued to watch it because well...
    a) It's Marvel
    b) Coulson is a boss

Disney own both ABC and Marvel so essentially they can use mostly anyone they want minus mutants due to Fox owning the rights for x-men.
    I've only seen bits here and there but didn't recognize anyone. Who are some of the bigger name superheroes that appeared on the show?
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I like it, I do not watch many thing and are very selective of what I watch. I really like Joss Whedon's writing style, it has what I look for in shows. Action, Comedy, advanced foresight into the plot. Can take or leave the romance whatever. I do like the Marvel universe but I am not a comic book guy. I usually need to look up the references from the show after I watch it. Like who Lorelei was and what Deathlok is etc.

Planning, action, comedy, love it.

And for above, they are not really trotting out the big guns they are plotting their own course. They did have Sif on this weeks show as a guest appearance. They also seem to have accidentally created 2 super villains but they have not surfaced as such yet. More of an ominous hint at what is to come. They directly reference and refer to events in the movies like the avengers and more recently Thor Dark World, ties in the universe. It is a must watch if you like the movies. I would not be surprised if something from the show ended up to be a major point in one of the up and coming movies.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    a) It's Marvel
    b) Coulson is a boss

Yep, AoSHIELD looks like it'll really ramp up now and take advantage of its Marvel-universe setting now that it's finally done with exposition. I also like that May and Fitz-Simmons are becoming real characters, instead of cardboard cutouts with an intriguing hint of depth.
  • Twysta
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    a) It's Marvel
    b) Coulson is a boss

I've only seen bits here and there but didn't recognize anyone. Who are some of the bigger name superheroes that appeared on the show?

Yeah they had stated upon initial release that this show wouldn't be about superheroes but more about the little guys that work at SHIELD.
    Other recognizable appearances include Victoria Hand, Maria Hill, Nick Fury.

Hopefully the series will get better as the show develops.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    a) It's Marvel
    b) Coulson is a boss

They definitely have a large portion of that characters available for use...I think that Marvel will use certain characters for bigger endeavors though, like the Netflix series that are in production. Personally I am fine with that, it's supposed to be a Shield Agent driven show. I like the incorporation of various Marvel stories so far and hope that will continue. The Skye story line is going to be fun and I am interested in that moving forward.
  • Who are some of the bigger name superheroes that appeared on the show?
    More supervillains than heroes so far -- think the complete list is Sif, Deathlok, Graviton, Blizzard and Lorelei. Also a handful of SHIELD agents from the comics.
  • hsk808
    hsk808 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    radav wrote:
    As for the comment about Moon/Rags + Jugg + Venom. I would love to know how you beat these guys without someone *cough cough* Spidey *cough cough* to stunlock them. I am fortunate enough to have a 5 blue Spidey so he can make things fairly straightforward but just for fun I tried to use a couple different setups to take the Jugg + Rag + Venom fight on without him. HAHAHAHA the match damage alone eats through my HP so fast I have no chance to get things rolling with Punisher for instance before my other guys are dead. If they get a big cascade you're one shot, Juggernaut can 1 shot you, Rags combo can ruin your day, venom's stun, so many things can go against you there. You get a big cascade what does that do for you? You can fire off a few abilities and Juggernaut is still standing there with 18k HP left wondering whether you just hit him or was that a fly that landed on his shoulder. Are the fights tuned in such a way to encourage you to want to have 3 level 141 heroes to do it? Cause it honestly doesn't feel like even if I were there with that kind of party I'd still be getting blown to bits without Spidey to lock things down.

1. I'm only seeing ~L130 villains, probably since I'm only fielding L77 Thor, L77 OBW, and L40 Punisher, and somehow lucked out on PvE level scaling.
    2. 3x +1 AP boost for R/Y (for Thor), 3x +1 AP boost for B/P (for OBW), 40% rainbow match damage boost.
    3. Luck. Success vs. complete post-retreat wipeout is pretty much a coin flip.

L136 Daken+Rags+Moonstone match damage after ~10 turns is just ludicrous for my 2* team.

This last stage of the grind is horrible for me. The enemies are L230 and I'm using L65 Thor, 60 OBW, and 50 Modern Storm (yes, these are my strongest characters besides a 60 Classic Storm). If I don't get killed in the first few moves then it takes me 25 minutes to complete the mission. My rank is currently 2235 with 8 hours remaining. I still don't get how this scaling thing works. It shouldn't be this difficult, I think. Is anyone else out there getting ridiculously outmatched like this?
  • uggghhhh 7 nodes... So ready for this event to be over. The only reason I'm playing it is that this is the closest I may ever get to winning xWolvie.

Currently sitting at 129 (249471).
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well, it's now under 8 hours, so everyone's on their last clear opportunity.

Anyone know what the #200 cut off is now? full clear is worth 15k btw.
  • mouser wrote:
    Well, it's now under 8 hours, so everyone's on their last clear opportunity.

Anyone know what the #200 cut off is now? full clear is worth 15k btw.

I'll post in a few hours when my nodes finish refreshing, it'll be closer to when this event is over, roughly ~2 hours. I know I'll pass 200 then. I will say that I'm #224 with 241389 points at the moment.
  • Currently 15 with 263,441 time to wait and see
  • I'll share. I'm at 250668 points and in 127th place. I have a 3rd refresh available later but I'm hoping I won't need to do many nodes. We'll see.

Edit: Hmm, so #224 is less than 10k away. This is going to be really tight.
  • Right now, #200 is at 244k. I know because I'm at 199, and the combination of plans with friends tonight and scaling mean that I won't end up in the top 200...sigh.