The Hulk Event Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm so glad I decided to give up on third *** Thor cover earlier. Currently I'm at #1594 place with 190k points and I don't think I need to play any more to get the two Thor covers.
  • Rubberbanding in general is a good thing, because it lets you play less and still do well. These events are just too damn long. I would say 5 days max would be better, with a break between 5 day events.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    I also wish they were one and done nodes, but I feel compelled to point out that there was a frothing mob with pitchforks and torches outside Castle Demiurge after the original Hulk events because the nodes weren't repeatable.

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

The problem is not them being repeatable. But the point values they provide.
    Is it really due to a 10x rubberband modifier applied based on the global leader with the 300kish points? If so they messed up the estimates AGAIN plus how many times we asked to drop rubberbanding altogether?

Not like we're getting the wishes. I mean in a form near what we asked -- like this Hulk event is definitely NOT the one we wished for, the original was in our good memories for being not infested with new ruining stuff.

So it sounds like your issue is with rubberbanding here, not repeatable vs. unrepeatable nodes. Even the one-time nodes from the first Hulk events had rubberbanding. I don't have an issue with that. I would like to be done with this event, however, and repeatable nodes mean I need to keep an eye on the rankings periodically until close. Boo.
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Options
    Well, I just broke the 250K mark and find myself in 73rd place. I guess I'm going to take a break and get some work done until lunchtime and then check back to see how things are going.

90K past the final progress reward and still going....
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The levels are skyrocketing!
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Did I say earlier that the most annoying (not dangerous, annoying) enemy was a lvl 230 Bullseye? He and lvl 230 Daken are kinda tied.
    MIgNdiTl.jpg

On another note, I'm so happy with my Hood I could cry. I only had one untouched fight left, the Final Showdown with Ragnarok, Venom (both mostly harmless) and Juggernaut (now he's a cheapo and needs a stunner badly). First went Punisher/Spider-Man/Hood and didn't even need Spidey's stun for 20 turns or so, only started stunning when Juggs acquired 6 red. Then I thought of using cStorm, well lol her Raging Tempest never triggered because I never let the enemy hit me with an attack, but her blue did good.
    ivl1wsIl.jpg

On to heal the heroes. icon_razz.gif So, in fact, lvl 230 Juggernaut is manageable without Spidey, alas, the Hood isn't exactly a very accessible character either.
    What are your strategies besides using Spidey for lvl 230 Juggernaut?
  • If we double or triple the needed community points to unlock a hulk can we unlock additional ones? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And lovely....When I finally stopped playing around 3am, levels were still reasonable. However, there was apparently another damn refresh and all of the available nodes have doubled or tripled the bad guys.
  • I also wish they were one and done nodes, but I feel compelled to point out that there was a frothing mob with pitchforks and torches outside Castle Demiurge after the original Hulk events because the nodes weren't repeatable.

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

That had more to do with a lot of people falling just short of progression awards they thought they were going to get. This time, progression awards aren't really a problem (the amount for the top award might not get you top 3333) so repeatable missions just means more grinding.
  • If we double or triple the needed community points to unlock a hulk can we unlock additional ones? icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Now that's an idea to play with. How about if progression rewards were dropped altogether for those long PvE events and we instead get the option to buy rewards directly after the event for the points gained? Black, red, green hulk, 100k points each. Buffed ** covers 50k each. Some utility rewards (hero points, boosts, ISO, event token) for a minor amount of points. Each reward only purchasable once, so there might be 50 hero points for 1k, 10k, 25k, pay 36k if you are dead set to get all of them. Seems more fitting for a 10 day event, pick what you need most after putting so much effort into it. Also serves as additional incentive to keep on hitting those missions, there's currently no point once you've reached the topmost progression reward and don't care about placement.
  • Usually the tournament progression rewards are only for the top tier of players. It seems they didn't calculate that the changes they made to the Hulk event would overshoot the top progression rewards by this large a margin.
  • What is going on? I just did "The Final Showdown" mission 4 times in a row, and it is STILL giving 1500 points. I have to work. I can't play non stop. My comfortable finish around 500th place has fallen to below 1000 and I'll never catch up now.
  • Did it again, and it finally fell to 1200. This is still absurd. I can't afford to grind this much.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I did Search and Destroy III about half an hour ago and it still shows 1.5k

I noticed it didn't actually award me the points either...
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Marquoz wrote:
    What is going on? I just did "The Final Showdown" mission 4 times in a row, and it is STILL giving 1500 points. I have to work. I can't play non stop. My comfortable finish around 500th place has fallen to below 1000 and I'll never catch up now.

I posted about this on a different thread before I saw this. However, mine is doing the same thing and ISN'T giving me ANY points. I am trying to top the 160k mark and am about 2k away. grrr
  • So it sounds like your issue is with rubberbanding here, not repeatable vs. unrepeatable nodes. Even the one-time nodes from the first Hulk events had rubberbanding. I don't have an issue with that. I would like to be done with this event, however, and repeatable nodes mean I need to keep an eye on the rankings periodically until close. Boo.

My only issue is even simpler: it is the fact that you can gain 67k points on the last day alone. On a tournament with progression going to 160k. That is damn imbalanced. The points of last day should be similar to other days or way less. The past was like that. I'd say 15-20k should be there tops. under 10k be ideal.

Alternatively announce it properly beforehand so people can just show up for last 3 days and still finish on top.
  • Jdberia wrote:
    I posted about this on a different thread before I saw this. However, mine is doing the same thing and ISN'T giving me ANY points. I am trying to top the 160k mark and am about 2k away. grrr
    Try alternating mission. I used to experience this behavior a few times in other events to a lesser extent, doing another mission in between always seemed to resync it.
  • Twysta wrote:
    I did Search and Destroy III about half an hour ago and it still shows 1.5k

I noticed it didn't actually award me the points either...

****, you're right! That's why I was falling farther back instead of progressing. At least I'm finally scoring some points....
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Currently in 38th with 259k points. Hoping I don't have to run any more missions to lock up that top 200 finish.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    If we double or triple the needed community points to unlock a hulk can we unlock additional ones? icon_e_biggrin.gif

+1
    This is a no-brainer to me.

As an aside, I hope 250K actually is enough for final top 200. Moon/Rags + Jugg + Venom without serious stunlock capability is not fun.