Feedback Request: Versus Matchmaking Test - Magnetic Mayhem

Options

Comments

• jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I did not notice too much of a difference.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Were any other people having a tougher time? It seems that most of the posts here are very positive, but as I posted earlier, matchmaking was actually harder from the get-go for me; this makes my heart sink a little, since I assume the changes will go through and I'm going to have trouble climbing at all.
  • Thevipper
    Thevipper Posts: 90
    Options
    I reached the 500 pt reward fast and ended up getting the 650 pt with my 2* team of thor obw storm wolvie and dakken. Now i always get the 400 to 650 according to how much i push if i push hard enough but this sentry one for me i'm at 300 to 400 pt push so far alot 3* and saw 1 5* with 3* that retiliation, but for the test i seen alot more 3*,4*, and 5* retaliation/attacked around this point which is earlier than usual but every time i skipped there would always be a 2* or 3* team that i could beat usually i have to really hunt enimies. Overall I say finding a match easy not getting hit with more devoloped rosters harder i liked it.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    At first, it seemed pretty much the same to me. As the event progressed, I noticed that most of what I was drawing in my queues were similar rosters to my own. I have 16 championed 3*s, one 12-cover 4* at level 250, one 11-cover 4* at 188, and a 4-cover 5* still at level 255. The vast majority of my opponents were boosted 3*s or occasional champed and unboosted 3*s.

In the normal system, I struggle to hit the 800 point progression with my roster. I hit a wall with 4* rosters beyond my reach being the main queued teams, and I get pummeled by similar teams. Under the test matchmaking, I did get hit a couple times by 4*-5* teams, but there was only one 4* team that actually hit my queue. It had the loaner Magneto and a boosted XForce DP plus one other boosted 4* (don't remember who). I managed to quite easily hit the 1000 point progression this time even though I got hit after I shielded and dropped 60 points to my final resting place of 944 (must have queued me up before I shielded?).

On the whole, MUCH better scaling for my roster, and it didn't feel like a complete kick in the head trying to reach higher progression.
  • Barbarizenow
    Barbarizenow Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I like it. I was actually able to find winnable matches after the first three.
  • TaoSpoons
    TaoSpoons Posts: 50
    Options
    Going to update my experience with a brief description of my play in Starfall.

I'm running championed 3 star teams, usually Kamala Khan and either Black Panther or Thor depending on who I'm facing. The first few matches felt similar to Magnetic Mayhem, but from 300 points onward the grind returned to far less winnable matches. At this point in Magnetic Mayhem, I was less than 100 points from 1K. I have yet to hit 725 in Starfall.

I'm not certain if that's because of the nature of the PvP and the boosted champions or what, but it certainly feels harder to progress in Starfall than it did in Magnetic Mayhem.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I liked it better. The matches were more fair for the points. However, I didn't see as many 75 pt matches as I typically do - not sure whether that was a slice issue or what. I felt that the matches overall reflected the "challenging-but-fun" idea.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I ran lvl 390 Old Man Logan and a lvl 352 Red Hulk along with a lvl 178 Magneto. Every fight was vs teams that were at least as strong as mine or stronger. I still got my 1300 but it was a pain in the tinykitty. Seems to me like D3 wants every fight to be hard fought. If that becomes the norm i doubt i'll keep playing much longer.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Running Starfall reinforces how much better the Magnetic Mayhem test worked for my roster. Having to constantly skip teams that are 100 levels above mine when I'm at 500 points just takes a lot of the fun out PvP. The Magnetic Mayhem test was just a more solid experience.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It was basically the same to me. Although I did face a greater variety of teams, so that was fun. Thanks!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I noticed no appreciable difference, which is just fine. my mmr wasn't one that was messed up. so any adjustments that were made were not noticeable for me.
  • vaportrail
    vaportrail Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    I think that the Magneto matchmaking was better than the past 2 PVPs for me (Patch and Sentry). I have a couple mid level 5 stars and I faced more variety of teams especially when I was at a lower score. I joined the Patch pvp last night and immediately saw the same 5 people no matter how much I skipped around.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I noticed a difference going back to Starfall, too -- "oh yeah, this stinks compared to the test run". Cleared 100 points and start seeing Jeanbuster teams at level 280 or so for.... 40 points. Yeah... no. So I give the test a thumbs-up.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Early on, I found more matches against easier teams that were worth 40-50 points. Around 750 I wound up seeing the same 5-6 people over and over until I finally just hit some 20-30 point matches to get out of that zone. After hitting 1000, I was able to continue climbing all the way to 1265 with under 30 minutes to go, and had my heart broken as I was now stuck with the same 5 matches all against some combination of 400+ OML or championed Cyc/Ice/XFDP. I wasn't able to find a match I could finish before losing over 100 points.

Overall, the MMR change didn't seem all that drastic to me, but I have a pretty well developed roster, with my strongest characters at or near the top in terms of level.

I would like to see something done about "skip jail" though. It seems difficult to believe there's nobody in my slice that isn't running either 2 boosted 4* champions for 35 points or max champion 4* plus 400+ 5* for 60 points.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Comparing the matchmaking between CMags PVP & Starfall, the test run felt a lot smoother. More points available early and overall, less 5*'s teams early (late 4* transition, under six covers on my 5*'s).

Test run felt a lot more fair considering where my roster is.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Boosted Kamala might be skewing people's perceptions of Starfall a little - she works pretty well with Sentry's self-damage-centric moveset, and he can tank green for her. Every other team was running Sentry/KK/whoever for me... until about 400 when I started seeing 4* teams as is usual for me in PVP these days.
  • Highdark
    Highdark Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Def liked this system. Was able to get to 700 fighting actual 2* instead of championed empowered 3*. Implement now!
  • Greggles
    Greggles Posts: 18
    Options
    The change made it very difficult for me. Immediately after the seed teams I was met with teams that were too difficult for me to beat, or left me very near defeat. After reading some of this thread, I'm intrigued as to why players are having such different results with these changes. Some players seem to love the change while others, like myself, do not.
  • Feherlo
    Feherlo Posts: 4
    Options
    It as better for me I have 3* roster and I haven't met the fully covered boring jeanbuster pair...
  • Deeznutz1234
    Deeznutz1234 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Didn't notice much a difference but I've got a pretty middle of the road roster