Feedback Request: Versus Matchmaking Test - Magnetic Mayhem

Options

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not seeing any difference, @500 points now, 38-current has been mass skipping 35 point matches. Not seeing anything +40
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Early thoughts are job well done! I did the 3 seed teams and instead of seeing non stop maxed 4* + featured I am nowriting seeing non stop maxed 3* which is a fair reflection of my roster strength. I scooted up to 600 points then shielded for 24 hours. The only negative I can give is that it took a fair few skips to get the good points but seeing as I was top 10 after doing the 3 seed teams I will chalk it up to that.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've noticed a slight difference. After clearing seed teams I'm used to seeing maxed 3* champs, undercovered 4*s, or 1-cover 5*s. It takes maybe 2-3 rounds before I start encountering serious 4* threats,.

This event seemed like I had a few extra matches before encountering maxed 4*. One team with champt 2*s, then a few non-maxed 3*. Overall, ~ 150 points that were easier to get than normal. Once I hit 300 it's back to normal, facing maxed-out Jeanbusters for 30 points, or fully-leveled boosted 3* for less.
  • Khaoz77
    Khaoz77 Posts: 16
    Options
    I've been reading the forums for a while (I just passed the 500 days of gameplay) and I felt this was importante enough to register and post.

Despite I'm being constantly attacked and for that reason not climbing more than 500, I'm finally having fun in PVP. I don't have to let go hundreds of teams much more stronger than me or not worth even 38 points being at my level. So far I've only seen teams very similar to mine (2 cover 5* as the highest, very few 4* half covered and a handful of champion 3*).

So I feel I'm really in the pool I have to be. But, as I said, I get attacked a lot, and as I cannot play more than an hour a day (and not straight), it's hard to climb the progression. I probably finish top 50 so I guess everybody is attacking each other like fools and that evens things out.

It's definitely a whole differnt thing than PVE, which I refused to continue playing because of the consuming time it demanded, and being really too hard every single time. I have to say I like the approach and the idea behind the changes (no timetable for me is great, and the point of "challenges" teases me too) so I think it's a matter of numbers.

icon_e_smile.gif
  • fmftint
    Options
    Feedback part 2, now at 900 and my skip queue is 3 players... all worth less than 30 points... skip, skip, skip... skip, skip, skip... skip, skip, skip
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Feedback part 2, now at 900 and my skip queue is 3 players... all worth less than 30 points... skip, skip, skip... skip, skip, skip... skip, skip, skip

What rank are you? How many above you that you can see on the board are unshielded? Just curious.
  • fmftint
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

What rank are you? How many above you that you can see on the board are unshielded? Just curious.

S4, rank bouncing around T10 in a newish bracket. There are points in the slice, I just cant break queue jail
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sounds like you hit "the wall", which is what I was hoping would change in this new matchmaking. Once you hit a certain amount points, you're "walled" in from then on in. You're going to see teams higher than you no matter how many skips and how much ISO you spend. You will also rotate the same names and same teams until you shield or quit. This is my most hated aspect of PVP, but it looks like it's here to stay.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Finding decent matches up through ~600 in s1. When I check rosters they seem a little bit worse than mine - fewer 3* champions, and no underleveled but cover maxed 4*s like I have.

I think that in past events I would have harder matches by now.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Have to say I was surprised after what happened in EOTS, I have 4 maxed 4 stars, at least half of my 3 stars are maxed, by maxed I don't mean fully championed. Really doesn't seem to be much of a change, I'm seeing a lot of maxed 3 star teams with some 4 stars mixed in. I shielded around 850 points. Skipping through nodes I'm seeing some strong 4 and 5 star teams now but I'm also still seeing some 3 and 4 star teams. Doesn't seem like much of a change to me and I'm OK with this
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hitting around 400 points, so far I'd seen more lower level teams. A few maxed out ones, but the general climg has been *slightly* easier. Had a few more fights worth actually fighting since they were worth the points.

Not seeing a huge change overall though. I'll also need to see how it goes when I start nearing the 800 mark.
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have 4 4* champs and just hit 1k without shield, like i normally do. Only difference was seeing the same 3 guys in q hell at 900. Usually you have a wider choice to cycle through ,although still woth a lot of the same guys
  • thesamuraipig
    thesamuraipig Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've had a much easier time to say the least...but I think it's because of a couple of factors. (the changes - but also the selection of boosted characters)

I have a mostly solid 3 star.png team...with a few fully covered 4 star.png (but not fully leveled.) I do however have a 315 6 cover OML. I know I leveled him way too early and I knew the consequences...he's just so solid. I was dealing with those consequences. But PVP has been rough though...especially when he's not available or doesn't make sense in the team. I run into full 4 star.png teams a ton and almost right off the bat. It made climbing very rough.

With the Magneto event my climb was a nice change...played a bit to 350 yesterday. Just stopped at 950. I had some challenging teams to beat. Got hit some by the bigger guys but all around the climb was nice and steady with little frustration. It felt fun again.

Long story short...keep the changes guys. The Samurai Pig Approves.
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    Options
    As a light PVP player (usually just to 650 Progression) it seemed a bit easier to me. I like it
  • Flakricket
    Options
    I have enjoyed the changes as it seems that the teams I fight are more compatabile to the team I am using. While I don't always win, I am not burning through health packs to play a good run. I would vote to keep these changes.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rawfsu wrote:
    Sounds like you hit "the wall", which is what I was hoping would change in this new matchmaking. Once you hit a certain amount points, you're "walled" in from then on in. You're going to see teams higher than you no matter how many skips and how much ISO you spend. You will also rotate the same names and same teams until you shield or quit. This is my most hated aspect of PVP, but it looks like it's here to stay.

I seem to have reached that point in my group, before I gave up and shielded there were a couple of names that I ended up hitting a few times and them hitting me back a few times.

As I don't usually play pvp much, is it usual to run out of opponents in the 800-1000 points range or have I just been unlucky in this event?
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    rawfsu wrote:

I seem to have reached that point in my group, before I gave up and shielded there were a couple of names that I ended up hitting a few times and them hitting me back a few times.

As I don't usually play pvp much, is it usual to run out of opponents in the 800-1000 points range or have I just been unlucky in this event?

Good targets thinning at 800-1000 has been the norm for a long time. Few players spend much time in or above that range without shielding.
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    First time I have ever climbed to 1000 in one go. One attack just after I got the carnage cover. I only used champed mags, champed im40 and 120 hood. My roster is 11 champed 3's and no highest levelled 4* is prof X at 166.

The run was smooth. Didn't hit a max 4* wall below 500 like usual. Lots of 1 cover 5* though. After 650 hit the skip wall and had 1 viable target. Then after that kept struggling to find targets tilli cracked 1000. For some reason a 20 point 4thor, champed im40 and low level mags popped up.

Seemed a fair bit easier and better targets throughout. So much more enjoyable but mags has always been a high scoring PvP for me. His is the only other time I have hit 1000. So make of that what you will.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not seeing too much difference here, matchups are slightly easier and not all 4*'s until past 900/1k.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For me it's a little easier till now (~550pts.). Not much, but I didn't see single Jean or Hulkbuster yet and opponent teams seems to be at a bit lower levels.

My roster:
    3x 5* with 1-2 covers @255lvl
    many underlevelled 4* with max 11 covers @188lvl
    most of 3* championed @172-176lvl