Patch Notes - R96 (03/14/16)

Options
123457»

Comments

• madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Any word on this Nexus access issue. It seems to be associated with the FB save. I'm slowly watching my chances at finally obtaining my last XFW cover slip away.
  • Pentagoon
    Pentagoon Posts: 98
    Options
    Android has a diverse hardware environment. It's pretty difficult to test on every device.

Seems to be related to the latest version of the Android OS, it just happens to be released for Nexus first. http://www.gottabemobile.com/2016/01/05/android-6-0-problems-fixes/ mentions lots of problems people are encountering with this version - not surprising MPQ would manifest an issue with it, what is surprising is that it wasn't broken until the latest patch! Seems to me that any Nexus device would be at the top of the regression testing list due to bleeding edge Android OS availability from Google. Just a thought...
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    In case you haven't caught sight of the thread in Bugs & Technical Issues - here's word from Demiurge on the post-R96 Android issue some are experiencing:

"Hello everyone,

We believe we have discovered the root cause of this issue. Android 6.0.1 appears to be managing memory differently than other versions of Android and it is causing the crashes for some players. This fix requires a code fix, but in the time being we can apply a work around for you.

If you are experiencing this crash, please write in CS saying that you are experiencing the crash on Android 6.0.1 and we will fix the issue for you."

Thank you."

Please visit Customer Support here if you need assistance: www.d3go.com/mpq-support
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]In case you haven't caught sight of the thread in Bugs & Technical Issues - here's word from Demiurge on the post-R96 Android issue some are experiencing:

"Hello everyone,

We believe we have discovered the root cause of this issue. Android 6.0.1 appears to be managing memory differently than other versions of Android and it is causing the crashes for some players. This fix requires a code fix, but in the time being we can apply a work around for you.

If you are experiencing this crash, please write in CS saying that you are experiencing the crash on Android 6.0.1 and we will fix the issue for you."

Thank you."

Please visit Customer Support here if you need assistance: http://www.d3go.com/mpq-support

I saw it David, thank you. I'm waiting for my next un-canned response so we can start on this work around.