Patch Notes - R96 (03/14/16)

Options

Comments

• chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Chipster22 wrote:
    Mockingbird would make sense because she is also on Agents of Shield along with Quake.
    of course, by that logic, she wouldn't necessarily make sense since she's unpowered (and not exactly at a Nick Fury level of importance).
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2016
    Options
    chamber44 wrote:
    Chipster22 wrote:
    Mockingbird would make sense because she is also on Agents of Shield along with Quake.
    of course, by that logic, she wouldn't necessarily make sense since she's unpowered (and not exactly at a Nick Fury level of importance).

She is getting a spin off show of her own soon according to reports.

Edit: Added link to article.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/marvel-mockingbird-spinoff-series-most-wanted-adrianne-palicki-nick-blood-abc-1201574713/
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm expecting them to hold off on Mockingbird until her spin-off premieres.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    chamber44 wrote:
    Chipster22 wrote:
    and antman is? level of importance in MU has nothing to do with mpq rarity.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Imo stay vigilant is a tie in to Cap Civil War/75th anniversary
    Hes getting rejuvenated in his book

5☆ icon_captainamerica.png perhaps?
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    chamber44 wrote:
    Chipster22 wrote:
    and antman is? level of importance in MU has nothing to do with mpq rarity.

Well ... yeah. Both Scott Lang and Hank Pym are incredibly important to the MU.

In the MCU, Bobbi Morse is merely a talented SHIELD agent. I don't believe she's ever been referred to as Mockingbird.

I was just making the point that so far, the only baseline human in the game is Nick Fury.

oh - and Kingpin, i guess.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    Falcon and Hawkeye are also in that club.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    chamber44 wrote:
    I was just making the point that so far, the only baseline human in the game is Nick Fury.

oh - and Kingpin, i guess.
    gotcha - missed that point. overall fury obviously on another level. kingpin too I guess to a lesser extent. I'm no mcu expert though. isn't starlord just a guy too? and ares a literal god? yeah, rarity means nothing here.
  • The Punisher is my all-time favorite comic character and I'm super excited for the second season of DD on netflix.

That said I do not want another tinykitty version of him in MPQ. He is in the game already and has been for over a year now. We don't need duplicates of every super popular character.

I would infinitely prefer this was Moon Knight but we all know it won't be and that's a damn shame.
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pretty sure agent Romanova has managed to be pretty consistently super with no powers at all for a lot longer than either of them.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    ok interesting list we have of JaGs going:
    fury
    falcon
    widow
    starlord
    kingpin

ones I'm unsure about
    technically antman is just the suit - not sure what category scott falls in.
    does squirrel girl actually have any powers or mutant/inhuman/whatever traits?
    stark is also just a suit
    Elektra?
    daredevil?
    psylocke?
    punisher?
    hood?
    nova - just a helmet?

some others can fill in the question marks. like I said I'm no expert, but those are the ones that I question any kind of alien/superpower/superhuman ability. I'm sure some of the ??? are wrong though.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    Widow has the Russian version of Nick Fury Sr's Infinity Formula. Punisher has no powers except guns, though.
  • Xyren
    Xyren Posts: 30
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:

ones I'm unsure about
    psylocke?

Psylocke is absolutely a mutant. She has different powers based on which version she is, but she consistently has telekinetic kitanas and is immune to telepathic attacks. Also, superhuman sexiness. Olivia Munn... icon_e_smile.gif
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    fury
    falcon
    widow - Russian version of super soldier serum
    starlord - half Spartax (comics) / half - something ancient (MCU)
    kingpin

ones I'm unsure about
    technically antman is just the suit - not sure what category scott falls in.
    does squirrel girl actually have any powers or mutant/inhuman/whatever traits? She can communicate with squirrels and has heightened strength and agility
    stark is also just a suit genius billionaire playboy icon_e_wink.gif
    Elektra? - low level telepathic ability
    daredevil? - Radar sense, more powerful than Parker's Spider-sense
    psylocke? - telekinetic/telepathic mutant / also a British mind in an Asian body
    punisher? super-human sense of vengence icon_e_biggrin.gif
    hood? - another "just a suit" magical clothes.
    nova - just a helmet? yep

some others can fill in the question marks. like I said I'm no expert, but those are the ones that I question any kind of alien/superpower/superhuman ability. I'm sure some of the ??? are wrong though.
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Widow has the Russian version of Nick Fury Sr's Infinity Formula. Punisher has no powers except guns, though.

Considering all that does is make her age slowly and have a really good immune system, I think that kinda qualifies as "not super" She mostly just shoots stuff, punches stuff and is a really smart, sneaky badass.
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    Options
    "Stay vigilant" --> Vigilante --> Moon Knight.

Come on guys, they've release D-List characters like Quake, Devil Dinosaur, Squirrel Girl and Ragnarok. Where is Moon Knight? I know he's Batman's copycat, but he's become a B-List by now (thanks to Ellis).
    However, I would really like to see a 4* Daredevil (Shadowland), instead of a new Punisher, who doesn't have another distinct/notable version worthy IMHO.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Again, use common sense.

Who's the most prominent Marvel vigilante? The Punisher. And oho! Whaddya know! He's a main character in Season Two of Daredevil, which is premiering in two weeks! WAT[letter standing for tinykitty]O!?!?!?!
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not make a new Punisher as a 5*. That would mean that there is literally NO HOPES of making the rarity rating mean ANYTHING in this entire game, when it comes power levels.

Unless it's the ( ridiculous ) Franken Castle version of The Punisher.

( and yes, I have completely re-imagined 5* Spidey IN the symbiote suit )
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    It's probably 5* Punisher. There are many vigilanties in Marvel, but there is only one whose definition is equal to staying vigilant, and that is the Punisher, no doubt about it.

I've been away from comics for quite a while, but I can't think of any universe where a guy with some guns would be on par with Silver Surfer and Phoenix.

I know, I know. I need to get over it because Spidey and Green Goblin aren't in that league either.

Still...
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    WAT[letter standing for tinykitty]O!?!?!?!

Watto?!

Watto.jpg