Patch Notes - R96 (03/14/16)

Options

Comments

• Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If it's the Garth Ennis/Steven Dillon Punisher, I'll accept him as a 5*. I mean, has the Phoenix or Surfer ever done this?

11.jpg
  • Soma
    Soma Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:
    .......clearly, I mention THE FIVE STAR'S RARITY, because that was their chance to START OVER and make that tier actually MEAN something.

Silver Surfer. Check.
    Phoenix. Check.

Old Man Logan. Checkish.

Black Suit Spidey. Checwhaaaaa? Okay, let me pretend this is SECRET WARS Spidey. Checkish.

Goblin. Oh Lord. I love him and he IS truly one of the cornerstones of villainy, so......I'll allow it.

Punisher. GOODNIGHT!!!!!

Maybe instead of having a machine gun, molotovs, a pistol and a rocket launcher, his 5* version will have...uh...what trumps a rocket launcher? Gotta be 5* worthy, too. Hrm. Well, it's a toss up between 5* Punisher riding on the back of a robot T-Rex with laser eyes and chainsaw hands that is itself riding on the back of a giant shark, or else he has his own Death Star.

LASER CATS!!!!!

399f95f5b7ed13f00b5585dfd4051ec5.jpg
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Frankencastle?
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jobob wrote:
    I get what you are saying... but I can also see how someone could see a general trend, and wouldn't call it "baffling."

I wouldn't say it has "NOTHING" to do with power levels in the game... I mean, there's probably a reason that there is no 2* Phoenix or Silver Surfer, and I doubt we will get a 5* Yelena Belova any time soon.....
    I think that the two that throw it off the most are the push from Marvel, and the Power Creep... I think they re-released all the characters today with no influence from the Marvel hype machine, you would see a roster that much more closely mirrors power levels in the comics.

I agree to some extent. I think the devs are erratic in ranking the characters but that's at least in part due to what people want and what they might pay for. When they introduce a new rarity level they will sell it as super powerful of course because people pay to get the next super team. And they will chose powerful characters to underline that power.

Regarding power levels though even at the 1star level the difference between characters like Widow and Juggernaut is so huge they would be more than 1 star apart if it was ranked by comic book powers.

Spider-man is largely the same except for the added symbiote or armor maybe yet he exists on all rarity levels.

Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, and Daredevil are all on the 3star level and Elektra is rated higher than them....i mean there's so many huge gaps in power that these star rankings never covered. So really there's no reason to see it as a ranking in power except maybe that one wants it to be.

Imho they'll round up their 4star roster and move up to releasing 5 and 6 stars eventually and once they're past the 4star level whoever they'll release will have more stars regardless of their power level.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Have they confirmed its Punisher? That choice would really surprise me.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jobob wrote:

No, nothing is confirmed, it's just speculation. I still believe it's gonna be a female, for Marvel's Women of Power month.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jobob wrote:

No, nothing is confirmed, it's just speculation. I still believe it's gonna be a female, for Marvel's Women of Power month.

We're just getting all the goofy speculation out here, before they start a new Unknown thread... and then start all over again there icon_e_biggrin.gif .
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    If it's the Garth Ennis/Steven Dillon Punisher, I'll accept him as a 5*. I mean, has the Phoenix or Surfer ever done this?

11.jpg

He does that to one of mine?

We're done, Punisher.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Uatu the watcher!
    Blue power- i wont meddle (does nothing)
    Yellow power - Just watching (does nothing)
    Black power - Nullifier time! (Replaces other 2 chars for Htorch and MrFantastic. If galactus is present, he flees
  • antreas1911
    antreas1911 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    R96 available for android
  • Pentagoon
    Pentagoon Posts: 98
    Options

Yeah, and it's still got the same, dumb looking TAHulk on the loading screen. Ugh.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pentagoon wrote:

Yeah, and it's still got the same, dumb looking TAHulk on the loading screen. Ugh.

I just came here to say this exact thing.

Ugh Indeed.
  • IlyaF
    IlyaF Posts: 47
    Options
    And the game now crashes on startup under Android 6.0.1. Great update!
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IlyaF wrote:

I'm on 6.0.1 on a Nexus 5 and it's working fine. Might want to mention your phone model to help resolve the issue.
  • IlyaF
    IlyaF Posts: 47
    Options
    Broken on both Nexus 6 phone and Nexus 7 tablet. Also, I am not the only one having this issue

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41318
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    STILL no new title screen?
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The art team has been hard at work coding new bugs and couldn't make a new splash screen.

The devs tried to make a new one but the stick figures failed to gain Marvel approval.

Hopefully next week the locksmith will finally arrive and the two teams can get locked into the proper offices.
  • Pentagoon
    Pentagoon Posts: 98
    Options
    I've got 2 alliance mates that are dead in the water until this Android bug is fixed. I just don't understand how they don't have unit tests or regression test to cover these upgrade patch scenarios - if it's not fully tested, don't release it. Ideally, you're not letting anything into a Sprint that doesn't meet the definition of ready, and not letting anything escape that doesn't meet the definition of done. I hope your release retrospective produces mitigations to prohibit them in the future, i.e. augment your Def of Done to include verification that addresses the root cause of this issue, whether it's additional hardware, OS upgrades, or test suite updates.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IlyaF wrote:

I have the same problem with the game crashing on startup.

I reinstall the game, worked fine when I start scratch, but when I try to link it to my Facebook account, the game start to crash at startup.

It may be specific to the usage of Facebook save.... Send in a ticket, but so far no response.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Android has a diverse hardware environment. It's pretty difficult to test on every device.