Patch Notes - R96 (03/14/16)

Options

Comments

• Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Found it:

Women-of-Power-Marvel.jpg

Obviously, it could be from one of the other listed games, or just from women of power generally. My bad.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Mockingbird, Coulson, Agent Carter, JJJ, Aunt May, etc should all be 1*s.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If Fury is a 4*, so is Coulson. Both directors of SHIELD.

Either way, star rating is about status, not power. The icons and big names become 5*.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,512 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smoq84 wrote:
    I like the idea of Mockingbird icon_e_smile.gif I hope it's her!

Edit:
    But she couldn't be 5*... Is it confirmed that next character will be 5*?

I actually doubt it will be. The last release was a 5*, they have been releasing 2 4*s for every 5* so far. I think this is way too fast, actually, considering many of us don't even have a 5* Spider-Man or Green Goblin.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    PLEASE

Punisher2099.jpg

This is really the only other version I can think of as well...

Maybe they will start working on the 2099 cast now icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Mercurywolf
    Options
    It could also be Victoria Hand as sort of a Reverse-Nick Fury character.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    Found it:

Women-of-Power-Marvel.jpg

Obviously, it could be from one of the other listed games, or just from women of power generally. My bad.

Do any of the other games use cover art, though? I haven't played all of them. I dunno, I feel like it's a "whoops" reveal.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mega ghost wrote:
    Until someone with inside knowledge tells me otherwise, this is definitely either another version of Punisher or Daredevil. Does Punisher have any other distinct versions worthy of an additional character, though? As for Daredevil, we could get him in the black suit, as the head of / possessed by The Hand (circa Shadowland.)

FRANKENCASTLE!
    Remember to Forget – That Time the Punisher Became a Black Guy
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    Options
    As much as I want it to be a 4* Punisher (he isn't a character in the league of 5* unfortunately) since he is my favorite Marvel character, it will probably be a woman and I am surprised no one has mentioned Silver Sable yet.

Btw there was a woman Punisher for a time but I think it was not very long and I don't remember much about her.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    so list of JaGs with no extra-human abilities:
    fury
    stark
    nova
    kingpin
    hood

? total side-tangent, but maybe someone else finds it interesting

Don't forget about...

Devil Dinosaur
    [pushes glasses up on nose]

Actually...
    The young Devil Dinosaur was nearly burned to death by a tribe of Killer-Folk, hostile beings native to his planet, but was rescued by Moon-Boy, a young member of a rival tribe, the Small-Folk. Exposure to the Killer-folk's fire activated a mutation in the dinosaur which gave him powers greater than others of his species and turned his skin from olive green to flame red. Devil Dinosaur was fiercely loyal to his constant companion Moon-Boy and seemed more intelligent than the average dinosaur.*
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    pheregas wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    fury
    stark
    nova
    kingpin
    hood

Don't forget about...

Devil Dinosaur
    [pushes glasses up on nose]

Actually...
    The young Devil Dinosaur was nearly burned to death by a tribe of Killer-Folk, hostile beings native to his planet, but was rescued by Moon-Boy, a young member of a rival tribe, the Small-Folk. Exposure to the Killer-folk's fire activated a mutation in the dinosaur which gave him powers greater than others of his species and turned his skin from olive green to flame red. Devil Dinosaur was fiercely loyal to his constant companion Moon-Boy and seemed more intelligent than the average dinosaur.*

Ah, but you also missed that the Falcon is also not just a human!
    In his earliest appearances Falcon exhibits a close bond with his bird Redwing, which in Captain America #174 Professor X confirms as being a telepathic link. The Red Skull later reveals that he had used the Cosmic Cube to create a "super-normal mental link" between Sam Wilson and Redwing.[45] Falcon later recalled the experience, stating "Hurt like hell. Being mentally fused with that falcon. Able to see through his eyes."[46]

Falcon eventually revealed that he has been able to extend this empathic link. "I'm always psychically connected with Redwing, but through concentration I've recently tapped into another ability -- I'm able to link-up with other birds. ... I have over six billion pairs of eyes in the United States alone." He used this ability to quickly search New York City when the criminal Scarecrow kidnapped two children,[47] as well as to spy on Senator Dell Rusk (actually the Red Skull in disguise) and Henry Peter Gyrich.[48] He is also apparently able to access the memories of birds, and see things they had witnessed in the past (although birds have a different concept of the passage of time, which makes it difficult for him to know when any events they witnessed occurred).[49]

Falcon has shown some ability to apparently control birds, as shown when he enlisted their aid in attacking Scarecrow,[volume & issue needed] and when, badly injured and manacled to a wall, he telepathically summoned a large number of different birds from the surrounding area to smash through a window and attack the Red Skull.[volume & issue needed]
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    mega ghost wrote:
    Until someone with inside knowledge tells me otherwise, this is definitely either another version of Punisher or Daredevil. Does Punisher have any other distinct versions worthy of an additional character, though? As for Daredevil, we could get him in the black suit, as the head of / possessed by The Hand (circa Shadowland.)

FRANKENCASTLE!
    Remember to Forget – That Time the Punisher Became a Black Guy

icon_mad.gif I didn't want to be reminded.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Options
    What about Bucky? With civil war coming up, not exactly crazy to put in Winter Soldier who has now been on people's radar screens for many years.

Personally i'd rather have WS than another Pun, but that is my personal distaste for dupes/trips/etc.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So nitpicky! I love it!
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    rkd80 wrote:
    What about Bucky? With civil war coming up, not exactly crazy to put in Winter Soldier who has now been on people's radar screens for many years.

Personally i'd rather have WS than another Pun, but that is my personal distaste for dupes/trips/etc.

I'd put lots of money on WS being the Cap America:Civil War tie-in. We know (from the tag at the end of Ultron) that part of the movie will be a search to find Bucky. That's your PvE event right there.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    13Ln6Ul.jpg

If a 5* Punisher hits, I'll accept it. He is really good at what he does and that is kill things. Besides that, I don't see anything else coinciding with the Daredevil season dropping this month besides him if they were to do anything.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No problems with a 4*/5* Punisher or a Mockingbird.

But to me Vigilance requires eyes open.

So my guess is we're finally getting Dr. Strange.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Be_Vigilant.jpg?1383591256
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    pheregas wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    fury
    stark
    nova
    kingpin
    hood

Don't forget about
    Elektra
    Devil Dinosaur
    Black Widow
    Ant-Man
    Sam Wilson
    Bullseye

I am assuming "JaG" = Just a Guy (or something to that extent?)

I mean... it kind of depends on how you define it. Technically Dr. Doom could be considered to have no superpowers becuase theoretically he got his power from study, which others could do.

If Nova doesn't count, then why would Venom? His power is basically his suit as well. At least Carnage's suit is a part of his blood now. I don't recall Juggernauts origin, exactly, but I think his power comes from some sort of gem as well. Why is Doc Oc in a different category than Iron Man?

So the ones no one has mentioned:
    Hawkeye
    Venom
    Doc Ock
    Moonstone? (IIRC, she gets her powers from an amulet)
    Juggs?

Also, does SS have any of his own power? Or is it all bestowed upon him by Galactus for being one of his Heralds?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Redrobot30 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    PLEASE

Punisher2099.jpg

This is really the only other version I can think of as well...

Maybe they will start working on the 2099 cast now icon_rolleyes.gif

There's also the hooded look.

portrait_incredible.jpg

Or...
    portrait_incredible.jpg