'Boosted' Characters Rebalancing Post-Champions

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I'm positive this thread holds the record for red-name sticky thread quickest to be un-stickied, ever. So not only took a month of begging for the issue to be acknowledged, it's also now quickly being swept under the rug. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets moved to the suggestions sub-forum next.

I don't think we need any more confirmation than this that the devs know that this change rightly outrages a significant percentage of the playerbase.

Yup. I also don't think I've ever seen a red post only get 1 like. Even the "you're supposed to lose" Galatcus post did better than that.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I'm positive this thread holds the record for red-name sticky thread quickest to be un-stickied, ever. So not only took a month of begging for the issue to be acknowledged, it's also now quickly being swept under the rug. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets moved to the suggestions sub-forum next.

I don't think we need any more confirmation than this that the devs know that this change rightly outrages a significant percentage of the playerbase.

Yup. I also don't think I've ever seen a red post only get 1 like. Even the "you're supposed to lose" Galatcus post did better than that.

I propose a daily "bump" post, to keep it on the first page.
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Linkster79 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

We greatly appreciate your feedback on how the updates have affected your gameplay experience. While there are no current changes planned, we are definitely open to making adjustments in the future.

If you would like to list specific instances (in the General forum thread) where you believe this change has impacted your game experience negatively, we'd like to know. From there we can begin to assess the info and can make any needed changes based on your feedback. Your help would be appreciated and immensely beneficial to us.

Thank you!

There have been at least 3 threads already made that has oodles of examples of feedback, please may yourself or a moderator link to which one you would like us to post in so we know which one either yourself D3 Go! or Demiurge is most likely to read?

Thank for your (somewhat delayed) communication regarding this issue.

How do we feel about the nerf of buffed 3*s
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40034

Patch Notes - R94 (02/16/16)
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39528&hilit=r94

Official Balance Changes Feedback Thread [Provide Details]
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37871
  • this topic needs to stay at the top (or as close as possible) so...

this is a bump.

there are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Funniest thing about the situation. 5*s broke the game. Instead of fixing the the real problem, they are breaking everything else, making the problem worse.

I know nothing (or less) about game design. However, it seems almost logical that if the game broke when a certain feature was introduced, the best solution is one that addresses that specific feature, not ignores it.

P.S. Players have reported for months the 5* system, from tokens to match damage, is broken. Then again, these are players who actually play with and against these characters. Obviously, their first hand knowledge and experience is less valuable than theoretical design.

It's funny, because we KNEW the 5*s were going to be too much for the 4*s to handle. The devs knew it to, so they announced a plan: when more people get 5*s, we will buff the 4*s.

We told them, "yeah, but won't that mean that 4*s will be too powerful for the 3*s?"
  • Buret0
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32657#p407407

Is September long ago enough?
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker

Was that D3's last communication?
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    I find it quite informing that this important announcement wasn't stickied like the others yesterday were.

It's almost as if someone wants this topic to be forgotten.......
  • CaptainFreaky
    More to the point. Can a mod please sticky this for at least a couple days?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards

Mods won't touch threads created by Reds
  • CaptainFreaky
    udonomefoo wrote:

Mods won't touch threads created by Reds

Ah..I forgot about that - thanks for the catch.

Hi-Fi - if you are reading this, can you let this thread stay STICKIED for a few more days?
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    To Hi-Fi and development team:

Here are the suggestions you requested from a 3* to 4* transition player who this change really, really has impacted:

1.) As noted earlier by another post, how about you scale those Dark Avengers and minions back too then. Why should a level 220 Juggernaut pr a 220 lvl 2* Daken be any close to as good as a level 220 Iron Fist or Cyclops? (PvE)

2.) How about you reduce the damage and HP of goons as well. You just made Muscles, Hand, Hammer dudes, etc. way more difficult since I rely heavily on boosted 3* to fight the difficult nodes. (PvE)

3.) Since I can no longer compete in PvP like I use to, how about make separate tiers for PvP - 1*/2* tier, 3* tier and 4*/5* tier. I used to regularly place top 25 in PvP and now I am lucky if I can reach 800 due to 4* and 5* teams dominating. Those 3* cover rewards I used to get for placement would be really helpful now that I could champion them. (PvP)

4.) Since I was unlucky enough to be in a position to buy all the good 4* covers, how about creating an effective tool like DDQ was for 2* to 3* transition to aid in 3* to 4* transition. Clash of the Titans is not it. It is for people who already have developed 4* rosters. I can win about 1 in 3 of them ONCE PER WEEK. It often takes me many, many frustrating tries to do so. I hope the development team realizes it is not a way that helps players 3* players transition to 4* due to its difficulty, frustration and once per week nature.

There is more, but I think these 4 encapsulate the difficulty that 3* to 4* transition players are facing along with the standard issues everyone else is such as RNG, Iso shortage etc etc.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Getting close to the bottom of the page, bump.
  • Buret0
    Druss wrote:

Was that D3's last communication?

That was when we were trying to tell them that 5*s were OP and needed to be brought back down to Earth BEFORE they were launched.

Instead they went the other way. Let's make championing a thing to keep up, but also make championing a 5* a thing while nerfing boosted 3*s. Let's make the damage curve for boosted 4 and 5*s champions insane.

It's like their vision for the future of the game was a car crash and they said, let's do it and see what happens.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    It's funny, because we KNEW the 5*s were going to be too much for the 4*s to handle. The devs knew it to, so they announced a plan: when more people get 5*s, we will buff the 4*s.

We told them, "yeah, but won't that mean that 4*s will be too powerful for the 3*s?"

It wasn't even a "I'm a maths genius and I've calculated how the damage will work" or "I've consulted a super whale with a max level, perfect cover Silver Surfer and here's what they told me."

D3 literally put a node up in that season with a maxed out SS by himself against three of the then top tier 4*s and you had to work really hard not to win. People were even competing to see how quickly they could lose that fight...and some people won when trying to lose.

So instead of the message "Hey, isn't this guy great? You want him now right? 8D" they intended, we read it as "Hey, you liked your 4*s, right? Well consider this Transformers: The Movie 1986 because we're going to murder them all to make you buy new stuff."

A lot of people figured that's why they never did one for Jean Grey or any subsiquent 5*. This wasn't something you couldn't figure out. You just had to do go in that node *once* to realise how stupidly powerful those characters are. But I guess making the entire cast of 2* and 3* obsolete and do nothing for the ISO shortage so those of us trying to actually improve our 4*s and maybe hope to compete again is a much better balancing solution.

Again, I just don't get the general logic. So much good stuff all at once, just to get beaten up with this awful news. See also the announced Vision update that changes almost nothing about him. Oh, a slight damage buff, but he can't use his blue or yellow moves successively now. Damage buff? Big deal, he's been nerfed by 30% like everyone else. That might make him about as powerful as he was before, but now you can't even cheese him with Kamala.
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2016
    Despite knowing I shouldn't be, I can not help feeling disappointed that there has been no red reply within this thread to some extremely good points that have been raised.

This feels like the sort of post that is put forward and then buried just so the devs can say that they have addressed the issue - time to move on. When in fact it feels like the whole issue is being swept under the carpet.

The strange thing for me is I can not see how it fits in with the need to keep bringing in new players. The difficulty curve is just too steep to get the chumps to part with their money before they realize they are trapped on the hamster wheel.

oh well.
  • gigatilburg29
    gigatilburg29 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    What a load of bull, is this company not able to make a profit out this game and also make it enjoyable for the players? Everyday there are so many good suggestions but....i'm just lost.
  • This is the "you nerfed 90% of my roster" BUMP.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    I like how they nerfed the rosters into the ground before fixing scaling so we would "want" to spend more money. GSBW is about useless buffed now. She used to break 7k damage with sniper rifle, now she doesn't even do 5k. KK's aoe is so much better for 12 ap. Did you also notice when they nerfed everyone they wanted to players to prove it in the hopes no one would be able to point out the obvious downgrade. They do something almost every week that convinces me to spend less and definitely not recommend this to anyone. The only thing that keeps me is my collecting addiction which just requires 1 cover and I am very patient icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was giving David the benefit of the doubt that he was communicating with the devs.

But if that's the case, he's not doing well as a community manager by not at least telling us so.
    A cursory "Hi guys, I've been reading your feedback and I'll get back to you within the week for an update." style post woulda been nice =/

The silence just makes us think he chucked a bomb into the room, ran for the nearest airport and left us to deal with the aftermath, however true or not that may be.