'Boosted' Characters Rebalancing Post-Champions

Comments

• an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    tl;dr?

It it is not a bug! It is a feature!

I'm (finishing actually) into 3* translation. Lovely...
  • gigatilburg29
    gigatilburg29 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    I will keep bumping this up until the players will get taken seriously who invest allot of time and money into this game. Making us happy about a new features wich it turned out it is actually a big setback.
  • Bossblack
    Bossblack Posts: 80 Match Maker
    I will keep bumping this up until the players will get taken seriously who invest allot of time and money into this game. Making us happy about a new features wich it turned out it is actually a big setback.

Completely agree with you and I will join the bumping. I spent a ton of ISO to bring my 3*s to 166 so I could champion them and it's a slap on the face that once you championed them that they became weaker! I should've saved those ISO for my 4*s.
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Bossblack wrote:

Completely agree with you and I will join the bumping. I spent a ton of ISO to bring my 3*s to 166 so I could champion them and it's a slap on the face that once you championed them that they became weaker! I should've saved those ISO for my 4*s.

Is this really true? I haven't really paid much attention while playing and I haven't quite grasped all the information from this new update but from what people are saying do powers actually get weaker after champing?? Would someone unchamped at 166 do more dmg than at 167 champed???
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    I was using Luke Cage, boosted this week in PVP and PVE. Cause ya know, using boosted 3* along with whatever 4* I can scrape together is how I manage to survive the scaling that exists in both PVE and PVP.

I think it was in PVE where I slavishly saved my 13 yellowtile.png so I could unleash my Righteous Uppercut.

And then....the villain just laughed it off. I thought to my self, what the tinykitty, usually RU with 3 characters alive is enough to down or almost down anyone short of a big health 4*. Certainly enough for a 2* or 3* Dark Avenger. But instead the enemy just snickered as his health was lowered by just a bit more than half and then unleashed a bunch of powers om me.

And then I remembered....Demiurge completely destroyed my 3* roster by drastically lowering the 3* ability damage gains above lvl 166, and at the same time they left health unchanged or even improved it. And then I sighed and remember how much ISO I invested in those first few days of Championing, thinking that the "bug" that made damage above lvl 166 so low would be fixed. Only to find out later that the "bug" wasn't a bug at all but a complete destruction of the 3* meta....many many weeks later.
  • gigatilburg29
    gigatilburg29 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    @Bruinsfan17: Nobody knows exactly because the makers of this games cannot explain their own mechanics to the playersbase. I think it the boosted powers that are much less then before but I dunno how championed 3* like above level 200 are affected.

Why can't a 3* 270 character not be equal to a 4* 270 character? As it is explained that the 3 or 4 stars represent the rarity and not power of the characters. The difference is that the max levels will set them apart as 4* will be championed futher and eventually always be stronger then 3*.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bossblack wrote:

Is this really true? I haven't really paid much attention while playing and I haven't quite grasped all the information from this new update but from what people are saying do powers actually get weaker after champing?? Would someone unchamped at 166 do more dmg than at 167 champed???

No, that poster is a bit confused. A 167 is more powerful than a 166, just not as much more powerful as a 167 was pre-nerf. Same for every level above. Similarly this is not a problem caused by championing (at least not directly). For example, if you have a 105 or so character that will get buffed to 167, those values will be the same as the one of a maxed version + 1 champion cover, i.e. lower than they were pre-nerf.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    can't imagine a 3* roster that has a few 5*s having to grind down pve's like hulk or grocket with all the jugs/hoods/ares/dakens your have to deal with at the scaling levels that really should be reserved for 4* players. I used to use boosted 3s a ton, but really find myself just using my 4s mostly for those top nodes now. its sad really since 3s were the backbone of the game. when you feel that boosted cap and cage just don't bring enough, something's wrong.

the dynamic of scaling after rostering a 5* and this boosted 3* nerf really hit the 3* players hard. personally I need the iso issue for the top end addressed, but this affected a huuuuge chunk of the playerbase, and might have been enough to make me consider moving on had I been strictly a 3* player.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591

No, the nerf only applies to boosted stats. Level 166 is still doing the same and 167 is incremental, but the increment is less than it used to be.
  • bobby_2613
    bobby_2613 Posts: 83 Match Maker
    I'd like to join my voice to say this is a tinykitty bad decision.

I don't know any other game that screw their playerbase more than Demiurge/D3. (Still not sure who is taking the final decisions here).

You guys are sooooo lucky to have a unique Marvel licensed game and this wonderful community that care so much about it cause I truly think most sane person would have quit by now. (I know many that did, tho) You gave us a super nice new feature with championing but you had to tinykitty it all. SMH

I was looking forward to see your new scaling changes but now, I can't be opmimistic. (Which, by the way, you told us about but never really explained us how it will work. So some people might already take the wrong decision and not knowing) Do I really have to wonder what will be screwing my gameplay experience next time??

As usual... This shall pass... but you don't deserve it.

(This is my bump)
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alright, I'm goin to ask this as nice as possible here, because I understand the plight here; I'm not even through the 3* transition - I get it - however, I have to ask the people that are bumping this thread without any new content to please refrain. I want everyone to vent their frustrations, but you're hurting the cause by diluting the pool with posts without content.

In concession, I'm going to go ahead and re-sticky this topic. Take this in good faith and please cooperate, since I could definitely get in trouble myself.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's not forget that they also massively boosted 4*'s when they're powered up. Characters reaching up to 30,000 HP, dealing twice the damage they usually do... It's overpowering the 3* tier badly with this new nerf, non-powered up 4*'s have even trouble keeping up.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I recognize that I'm talking to a wall here, but I'm gonna do it anyway.

There are 2 parts to this:

Match dmg - this part I agree with, it was silly to begin with that we even had to ask what level a 4* had to be at to do the same damage as a 166 3*, the answer should have always been "the same level". That's a sane change.

Ability dmg - this part I don't agree. If the 3* abilities scaled too high beyond a certain point then gently flatten the curve! 25-30% reduction at lvl 240 is not "gentle". Leave them as they were up to 290, then have them flatten off considerably after that. Or flatten them a bit from 200-290, but no more than 10%.

What this plan plainly fails to realize is that 4*s have a FAR greater potential for max level.

Honestly, I don't think the bumping or complaining or anything else even matter. This move was to force people to not get complacent at the 3* tier and push for the 4* tier. Of course, there aren't enough 4* rewards available, so you'll have to buy your way in.

That's that, end of story.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:

Honestly, I don't think the bumping or complaining or anything else even matter. This move was to force people to not get complacent at the 3* tier and push for the 4* tier. Of course, there aren't enough 4* rewards available, so you'll have to buy your way in.

That's that, end of story.

Not sure where you get this from, yes i spend some $$, but only for shields anymore, the last token pack i bought was anniversary for some dino's...

Having never bought a single cover, i have over a dozen 4*s fully covered, mind you i need over 7million iso to max them, but getting covers is easier than ever these days.. 1 from each pvp @ 1k, another with CP @ 1300, the CP from each PVE, 4* DDQ...

And with the introduction of the 20cp token, for every 4 25cp's you win, you get 5 pulls. Now with the 80 item vaults, more 4*s will be flooding out.. and none of the includes the rare happy accidents from non LT tokens.

4* covers are not an issue at all, not even close, the 1 and only issue right now is ISO. I see dozens of max 3* teams hitting 1300+ in every pvp these days, regardless of what damage changes were made, it really is not that hard, and that is just my bracket..

Even though i have 1 servicable 5*, and 3 max 4*s (hopefully 4 by tomorrow) , i still use max 3*s in PVE and even in PVP.. the change was barely noticeable.
  • udonomefoo
    Malcrof wrote:

*snip

i have over a dozen 4*s fully covered

4* covers are not an issue at all, not even close, the 1 and only issue right now is ISO.

ISO is absolutely an issue, but come on Mal. Of course it's not a problem for you, you already have a bunch of fully covered 4s, with HB, Teen Jean and RHulk maxed/champed. You claim you use 3s, but for what? The seeds? The first 300 points?

I'd dare you to play with nothing but 3*s for a couple pvp events and see how far you get, but your mmr wouldn't make that a true comparison to what players below you are facing. It would actually be harder for you, so go ahead and take the challenge, prove me wrong. I guarantee that the players who don't have a fully covered, top tier 4* yet aren't being "flooded" with 4* covers.

I have a maxed 4cyc and a Jean that's getting close, so this isn't even me complaining about my situation, it's the people who don't even have one usable 4 yet who got screwed. The argument isn't that it's "impossible" now, it's that it got harder for no reason at all.
  • grunzadin
    grunzadin Posts: 52 Match Maker
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I guarantee that the players who don't have a fully covered, top tier 4* yet aren't being "flooded" with 4* covers.

Three months ago, my only fully covered 4* was XFW (at lv200). Most of my 4*s had less than 7 covers. I was by all accounts firmly in 3* land.

Since then, I've fully covered 6 more 4*s (JG, XDP, Thing, Fury, 4hor, and Antman) and have several more at > 10 covers (IW, Elektra, IMHB, and Carnage). I've spent $20 total on this game.

Between the influx of 4* covers from champing 3*s and the PVE changes that gave 4* covers for top 10, I've seen tremendous growth in my 4*s that will only speed up as more of my 4*s become capable of completing the 4* DDQ.

BUT I also play this game way too much and recognize that I am a significant outlier. I just wanted to point out that it IS theoretically feasible to be a F2P player and progress into 4* territory, but it will require grinding that is unrealistic for most players.
  • udonomefoo
    grunzadin wrote:

BUT I also play this game way too much and recognize that I am a significant outlier. I just wanted to point out that it IS theoretically feasible to be a F2P player and progress into 4* territory, but it will require grinding that is unrealistic for most players.

I've seen soooo many posts on this forum from people basically arguing that because they can reach something that somehow means the system works just fine. I think this is the first time I've ever seen someone directly state that they play too much and it's not realistic for most players. Good on you for being self-aware.

This turn to an argument about the availability of 4* covers is NOT what I intended by my post, honestly, that last paragraph was just me being long winded and typing too much. Can we re-focus on the prior paragraph that's actually relevant to this thread?
    Ability dmg - this part I don't agree. If the 3* abilities scaled too high beyond a certain point then gently flatten the curve! 25-30% reduction at lvl 240 is not "gentle". Leave them as they were up to 290, then have them flatten off considerably after that. Or flatten them a bit from 200-290, but no more than 10%.

What this plan plainly fails to realize is that 4*s have a FAR greater potential for max level.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Before champions were added, I relied on boosted 3*s for everything. I was lucky enough to be able to champion 20+ 3*s in the first week, and I was very lucky to have pulled a bunch of 4* and 5* covers on a small set of characters. Now I rely on OML and Red Hulk to get anywhere in pvp. A little less luck in a couple of spots and I'd be wondering how I'm supposed to reach 1000 with the same characters (plus 5 or 6 levels from championing) doing less damage than I did before against targets with more health and damage.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

*snip

i have over a dozen 4*s fully covered

4* covers are not an issue at all, not even close, the 1 and only issue right now is ISO.

ISO is absolutely an issue, but come on Mal. Of course it's not a problem for you, you already have a bunch of fully covered 4s, with HB, Teen Jean and RHulk maxed/champed. You claim you use 3s, but for what? The seeds? The first 300 points?

I'd dare you to play with nothing but 3*s for a couple pvp events and see how far you get, but your mmr wouldn't make that a true comparison to what players below you are facing. It would actually be harder for you, so go ahead and take the challenge, prove me wrong. I guarantee that the players who don't have a fully covered, top tier 4* yet aren't being "flooded" with 4* covers.

I have a maxed 4cyc and a Jean that's getting close, so this isn't even me complaining about my situation, it's the people who don't even have one usable 4 yet who got screwed. The argument isn't that it's "impossible" now, it's that it got harder for no reason at all.

Actually, i have already started.. Tried using OML/IMHB/Colossus, but too many overlaps, can't throw OML, and fights taking forever, even seeds.. so yah, i plan on using some Cmags and OBW, both are around lvl 180 + boost, i don't see it being an issue, once i get to 800, i can easily cake and bake all the way to 2k using 3*s. BTW, every time i throw Black widow, she sniper rifles ^^.

Also, for a little Turn back time, before cupcaking, before i knew about line, before i even had any 4*s, barely had max 3*s, i hit my first 1k. Page 4 is when i finally did it, page or 2 before was my first 2k in SSim. All with 3*'s, and this accidental guide that was made, simply by me asking for help, is still useful!

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=30912
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    TxMoose wrote:
    can't imagine a 3* roster that has a few 5*s having to grind down pve's like hulk or grocket with all the jugs/hoods/ares/dakens your have to deal with at the scaling levels that really should be reserved for 4* players. its sad really since 3s were the backbone of the game. when you feel that boosted cap and cage just don't bring enough, something's wrong.

the dynamic of scaling after rostering a 5* and this boosted 3* nerf really hit the 3* players hard. this affected a huuuuge chunk of the playerbase, and might have been enough to make me consider moving on had I been strictly a 3* player.

This is my EXACT situation, end THOUSANDS of others, I am quite sure.