***** Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) *****

Options

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:
      Level 3: Reduce up to 3 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Countdown tiles. Level 4: Reduce up to 4 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Countdown tiles. Level 5: Reduce up to 64 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Countdown tiles.[/color]

Reducing 4 at level 4 to 64 at level 5 is one crazy ramp up.

Well, Pumpkin Bombs + Speed Shot or Maggia Pawns+ World Rupture just became a thing!
  • binarypillbug
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Reducing 4 at level 4 to 64 at level 5 is one crazy ramp up.

It's awkwardly phrased, but it's equivalent to "all". That's how icon_hood.png scales as well.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Green Goblin Hops off his glider and remote controls its razor-sharp wings straight towards his foe.

Not your fault, Cthulhu, I know you're copying and pasting, but that is some clunky tinykitty writing. "Green Goblin leaps from his glider before it smashes into his foe!" I mean, anything really would be better.
    The Chosen tile’s color will determine the Countdown tiles’ effect.

aaaaaaaaand?
    Level 5: Reduce up to 64 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and(PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Countdown tiles.

So, I get what this is saying, but is there a reason this is phrased differently from the Hood's Intimidation?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    himatako wrote:
    Still, here's hoping that the less powerful version of fortifying tiles will be available to other characters. I also wish we knew the effect of his bomb on each colour, since I doubt that I'll get to use him anytime soon.

It would have been nice if they had given a non-refreshing version of them to the vision for his blue and yellow powers in his update.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, I get what this is saying, but is there a reason this is phrased differently from the Hood's Intimidation?
    Makes you think they're going to be giving us a 12x12 playfield one of these days...
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    himatako wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    And black disadvantage is nothing, wait just two turns to double cast? You need 8AP, so that is potentially 3 turns, so there is really no disadvantage AT ALL (it should have been at least 4 turns, maybe 5...)
    His black power is re-enabled only when the black CD tile activates normally. If it's matched or destroyed in anyway, he cannot use his black for the rest of the fight. On paper, I'd say this sounds like a big disadvantage. Using IF's purple to boost black can results in a match that destroy your CD tile fortification or even destroying the tile itself. Still, I guess we have to see how this will actually play out.

Mmm well if it is like that then yes, it is a disadvantage. I thought it was more like 'while the countdown is present you can use the ability', but I guess the text looks like the power works the way you said...

Is the position random?

PS: But even if you can use it just once, it is a hell of a power!
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IMO, Black sounds very risky to use....
    • It doesn't sound like you can select the placement of the countdown tile, which possibly means it will appear somewhere and make a 3 or 4 match
    • The fortifying tile ability doesn't kick in until the start of your next turn, so your precious countdown tile is sitting out there unprotected for at least one turn
    The fortifying tiles and reducing countdowns sound like a great support ability and I'm very curious to see what the Trick or Treat powers are. Black sounds more like a Hail Mary, man, I hope this power goes off kind of thing, which doesn't sound great.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's kind of the opposite of a Hail Mary - if you just need one desperation shot it'll work fine, but it's risky as a consistent source of damage that you fire over and over.
  • I think you have a typo on his yellow. Can we really reduce up to 64 tiles at one time?
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Plus, at a cost of 8 it's worth the risk.

Still hoping someone will shed light on the different effects of pumpkin bomb colors.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well we know red bombs do damage and blue does stun.

I'm going to 'guess' the other four destroy basic tiles (green?), creates a strike tile (Black?), drains AP (purple?), and creates a protect tile (yellow?)

But yeah, since god knows they won't fit that entire description in game, we really need the full detail at each level of each color here. "Gets stronger!" is hardly enough.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Trick or Treat - 10 purpletile.png AP
    Green Goblin cackles as he flings pumpkin bombs at his enemies, the contents of which are certain to be an unpleasant surprise. Creates 3 3-turn Countdown tiles of a chosen color. The Chosen tile’s color will determine the Countdown tiles’ effect.

Level 3: Creates 3 3-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect, all of Green Goblin’s pumpkin bombs get stronger.
    Level 4: Creates 3 2-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect.
    Level 5: Creates 3 2-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect, all of Green Goblin’s pumpkin bombs get stronger.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Creates 3 3-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect. Level 4: Creates 3 2-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect, all of Green Goblin’s pumpkin bombs get stronger. Level 5: Creates 3 2-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect, and Yellow, Red and Black pumpkin bombs get stronger!

These upgrades don't line up. Also... what the heck does each color do?
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Goblin King - 9 yellowtile.png AP
      Level 4: Reduce up to 4 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE)
    Fortify 3 random friendly Reduce up to 64
    Uh... what?
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    It's like Phoenix's purple, an active power that has an attached passive ability. You can spend 9 yellow to reduce friendly countdown tiles, and at the start of your turn GG will automatically fortify friendly countdowns.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can guess what it does. It's what she typed that seems wrong.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's kind of the opposite of a Hail Mary - if you just need one desperation shot it'll work fine, but it's risky as a consistent source of damage that you fire over and over.

Wait, I know we're getting off topic, but isn't "a one-time desperation shot" the exact definition of a Hail Mary?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Makes you think they're going to be giving us a 12x12 playfield one of these days...

The 64 tiles is correct, basically it means "all cd tiles", so if you have the entire board filled up with tiles, they will all get affected.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options

Wait, I know we're getting off topic, but isn't "a one-time desperation shot" the exact definition of a Hail Mary?

Not if it's guaranteed to work. A football Hail Mary is a pass that's probably going to be incomplete, but if your guy manages to beat the odds and catch it, it's a touchdown. icon_greengoblin.pngblackflag.png is a for-sure touchdown without any of that risk of getting nothing at all for your effort -- the gamble is in the fact that the ball might explode afterward.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Red is damage, blue is stun. We know these. Since "all" the pumpkin bombs get stronger at 3 and 5 covers, it's safe to assume that the 5-cover stun effect is 3 2-turn countdowns that each stun a character for 3 turns.

Yellow and black get stronger together, and scale separately from the others, so it's a safe bet that they make strike and attack tiles, respectively. Protect tiles are out of theme for the character.

That leaves green and purple. Could be lots of things, but AP theft for purple along the lines of Loki and random tile destruction for green like Juggernaut both seem pretty plausible and very strong.

My worry is that the ability is likely to be just waaaay too versatile. I mean, I realize this is a 5*, and also that the AI is probably going to suck at using it optimally, but even if the individual effects are a little disappointing for 10 purple, the sheer breadth of options is going to make him pretty insane.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think his passive CD protection could be a bit much, it basically mean you're *ahem* out of luck if you can't match a CD right after he (or his team) put some on the board. So even if you take a risk with his black at 3-turn you're getting a protection the next turn most likely, even played alongside his purple.

Not much of a problem for me, I have not opened a single LT and will not do so until scaling with 5*s is adressed. Maybe if I eventually get him I could team him up with 2* Hawkeye and finally get more than 2 CD's of his to resolve with any luck... icon_lol.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    I'm interested to see if the blue effect is just a stun or a hybrid of some sort, because otherwise there's no difference between one tile going off and three (unless you stagger the countdown timing with low-level Intimidate/Goblin King).