• Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pumpkin tiles!?
    latest?cb=20140708021402
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Options
    Villains need love to was the hint and after all the spidey heroes, this is Green Goblin. Yeah odd for him to be 5*, but whatever, its all about the hint.

As far as his powers, kind of makes sense. The various countdown colors are the various bombs he throws and the one time ability is probably him hopping on his famous air glider.

Dunno...probably wishful thinking, goblin is so overdue.
  • bbf2
    bbf2 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Green Goblin not having green as one of his colors seems wrong. I mean they've done similar things before (Scarlet Witch not having red) but this would probably be the weirdest example of that so far.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    rkd80 wrote:
    Villains need love to was the hint and after all the spidey heroes, this is Green Goblin. Yeah odd for him to be 5*, but whatever, its all about the hint.

As far as his powers, kind of makes sense. The various countdown colors are the various bombs he throws and the one time ability is probably him hopping on his famous air glider.

Dunno...probably wishful thinking, goblin is so overdue.

i think it not hopping on his glider but using the glider to ram into somebody instead, with the countdown being the time for the glider to return. Strange that he's got no green power though.
  • eviscent
    Options
    Thinking about iron man superior.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's Void. We'll finally have a powerful Sentry.
  • vesonator
    Options
    Redrobot30 wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:

Special Tile - 10 AP - Creates 3 chosen color special tiles which have different effects based on color.

My guess is Thanos. This power screams Infinity Gauntlet. Each color having a different power. Yes, yes and yes.

My first thought was Mandarin and his rings, but Thanos makes more sense considering it's DP month lol
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Im still hoping for MODOK.
  • Mercurywolf
    Options
    It could be Iron Patriot - Norman Osborn instead of Green Goblin:

The black ability could be a chest blast beam ability. (In the comics, when he made the Iron Patriot armor from Iron Man's stash, he turned the circle into a star. This had the effect of weakening the beam, which could represent the cooldown effect.)

The purple ability could represent the Dark Avengers. (Sort of like a Reverse-Nick Fury ability. He was head of the Dark Avengers during the Dark Reign event.)

The yellow buffing ability represents his Charismatic side. When he's not cuckoo-bananas as the Goblin, he is a fairly charismatic person. He's run Oscorp, the Thunderbolts, and H.A.M.M.E.R. He even convinced the Sentry to join him.

(I was originally going to make a joke post that it was Bob, Agent of Hydra with it being Deadpool month, but I was already beaten to the punch.)

Mandarin also seems like a possible choice for the multiple color effect. Thanos seems too obvious.
  • rkd80
    Options
    Hmm good point about lack of green, that casts doubt about the green goblin. Also his last power is confusing to me, no idea what it means to "strengthen" a countdown tile. What does that mean? If its not speeding up, then what?

As fun as speculating is, guess we shall see. I am putting most of my guess on the 'villains need love too' meme and the fact that this we are playing SpiderMan/Hulk-Puzzle-Quest a lack of an ostensible villain is perplexing. Whether it is Iron Patriot or GG himself, his presence will certainly balance things out.

They can then run fun events like the Heist but make it all about spideys fighting goblin and vice versa. Lots of possibilities.

The second ability matches GG's various armaments, from the wiki:

"The Green Goblin is armed with a variety of bizarre devices. He travels on his bat-shaped "Goblin Glider", an incredibly fast and maneuverable rocket glider equipped with various armaments. Other weapons the Goblin uses include incendiary Pumpkin Bombs, smoke- and gas-emitting grenades resembling ghosts and jack-'o'-lanterns, razor-edged boomerang-like throwing weapons called razor bats and gloves woven with micro-circuited filaments which channel pulsed discharges of electricity at nearly 10,000 volts. He wears a green costume underneath bulletproof chainmail with an overlapping purple tunic. His mask has a built-in gas filter to keep him safe from his own gasses."
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think that description is just unclear -- it says it benefits friendly "special tiles," not just countdown tiles. So it improves attack/protect/strike tiles while adjusting the timer on countdowns.
  • rkd80
    Options
    Special Tile/Passive - 9 AP - Benefit friendly special tiles by reducing countdown and strengthening them.

True, but it is also a passive. So what is the passive? Some kind of static multiplier? Like at the beginning of every turn all friendly tiles are x% stronger?

Does the active reduce countdown AND strengthen them? Or does the passive strengthen? Imagine if the countdown tiles get some kind of immunity from being matched away or something crazy like that.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Passive is used to describe powers you don't activate manually. In all likelihood it just triggers off a yellow match.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I assume that the yellow power is an active power (for 9ap) That creates a status (something like an invis tile) and then each turn the status is active, the power passively ticks of countries and improved special tiles. Think prof. X purple.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    I assume that the yellow power is an active power (for 9ap) That creates a status (something like an invis tile) and then each turn the status is active, the power passively ticks of countries and improved special tiles. Think prof. X purple.

It's more likely to be comparable to 5* Spidey's purple or Surfer's blue: a power that has both an active component that costs AP and a passive component that's always on. Or it could be like Phoenix' purple, where the passive component has a trigger (a match-5 in her case). These kind of mixed powers seem to be a trademark of sorts for the 5* tier.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I already guessed in the patch thread that it is Green Goblin and I continue to think that way.

What I don't understand though is why Norman Osborn should be the Green Goblin here, instead of Harry, and all this considering the hint they gave us: "Villains need love too". Harry Osborn is more appropriate because he had love triangles with Peter and Mary Jane, and also Peter and Gwen. The hint doesn't make any sense for Norman in my opinion.
  • Lilith
    Lilith Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    To me, this sounds like Super Skrull. That 'multiple effect' purpink strikes me as a good way to imitate the shapechanging to each of the F4.
  • Vyshus
    Vyshus Posts: 18
    Options
    Green Goblin is the newest playable character in marvel heroes 2016. icon_lol.gif

https://marvelheroes.com/
  • Marvelfamily
    Options
    If it's not Thanos, maybe it's the Kree one... damn, his name... from Guardians... Ronan??? I'm getting old... icon_e_biggrin.gif

btw... I WANT MY WINTER SOLDIER.... icon_cool.gif