***** Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) *****

Options

Comments

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's really a 5*? My prediction of God Emperor Doom might just come true! icon_e_biggrin.gif

I'm still crossing my fingers for AvX Emma Frost, but this is also an equally-likely (if not more likely) guess. I'm a couple of months behind on my comic reading so I'm not sure what Emma Frost is up to post-Bendis' run on 'Uncanny X-Men,' but I do know that 'Secret Wars' just ended and the collected edition is slated for release in several weeks. Given the erratic and delayed release schedule of Secret Wars #1-9 combined with the convoluted storyline that is hard to follow piecemeal (which I'm sure weakened the sales of said series), I bet Marvel is banking on the collected edition performing well, and as such would want to promote the series' biggest, most-iconic character. "Villains need love too..." could reference his infatuation with Sue Storm, or it could simply reference the fact that the game needs more villains and/or play on the proximity of the announcement to Valentine's Day.

tldr; I really want Emma Frost, but God Emperor Doom is a good fit, and if Marvel is pulling any strings the timing makes much more sense for him.
  • Cdubb1975
    Cdubb1975 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My guess: Hydra Bob
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As much as I wanted Thanos as a boss character similar to Galactus and Ultron, this definitely sounds like it could be him with the different colored tiles having different affects and the teaser "even villains need love" with his obsession with Death.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5* Doom. With the Infinity Gauntlet... He had it for a while.
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Damage/Special Tile - 8 AP - Deal Damage and create countdown tile. Ability is disabled until the special tile goes away.

Anyone parse what that means? Is it a high damaging power, but you can't use it again until the CD is gone? Or does the CD do something with special tiles (e.g. create them each turn), since it's called a "Damage/Special Tile" power?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder if they are going to be slowing down..

1 4 star a month
    1 5 star month

instead of 2 4 stars every month
  • slidecage wrote:
    I wonder if they are going to be slowing down..

1 4 star a month
    1 5 star month

instead of 2 4 stars every month

I think "1 character per patch" is what they normally aim for, which is one character per two weeks.

And I do not think they care if it's a 4* or a 5*. So they'll probably be expanding both at similarish rates I'd guess. At least for one more 5* past this one of "5eason 2"
  • kaepamerica7
    Options
    Is there any this could be Taskmaster icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Pre-release ability precis:

Special Tile - 10 AP - Creates 3 chosen color special tiles which have different effects based on color.

This is intriguing no matter who it ends up being. I love seeing stuff like this added to the game.

^ That's funny, Taskmaster actually went through my mind too for some reason (I thought the black might be some sort of photographic reflexes CD)
  • My first thought was Thanos but i'd be surprised if they made him a playable character.

While the multi-functional abilities fit Mandarin the support like nature of them doesn't and neither does the color profile.
    Molecule Man is too powerful even for a 5* and the powers don't fit.
    Green Goblin makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

My dark horse pick is Nebula who held the Infinity Union and Infinity Gauntlet at one point, would actually belong in the 5* tier and it would be nice to get another female villain in the game.

Another potential dark horse would be Gladiator.

But lets be real, it's going to be another tiny kitty character that already exists in the game. 5* Doctor Doom. Yay.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Guys, just look at which post is getting upvoted, and which post has a "guess" in a spoiler tag, if you want to know who it's going to be...
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:
      Special Tile/Passive - 9 AP - Benefit friendly special tiles by reducing countdown and strengthening them.

Can you clarify what you get from the active part of this power as it reads the same as what you get from Flaptain as a passive.

Also, can powers like this be altered to improve the friendly countdown since in some cases that can mean increasing rather than reducing a countdown e.g. 4clops yellow or mr fantastic's black.
    • Twoslot
      Twoslot Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
      Options
      Cdubb1975 wrote:
      My guess: Hydra Bob
      Only if he's got M.O.D.O.K's chair

4217576-bob-deadpool-the_gauntlet%2312-modok_chair.jpg
    • AdamMagus
      AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      fmftint wrote:
      It's gotta be Thanos. 2nd ability screams infinity gauntlet, and yellow and purple as two of his colors? Granted, it would make a little more sense if the first color was blue, but oh well.
      They've already said, Thanos will be a boss event NOT a playable character

That's highly disappointing, don't understand why so few Marvel games let you play as Thanos.

Marvel vs Capcom is the only one that springs to mind, I think maybe that Marvel Super Heroes for PS3 or something was the other.
      cardoor wrote:
      Cthulhu wrote:

Special Tile - 10 AP - Creates 3 chosen color special tiles which have different effects based on color.

This is intriguing no matter who it ends up being. I love seeing stuff like this added to the game.
      I agree, seeing completely new abilities is something to look forward to, I would love to see this in action.

As for my guess, I would've said Thanos (villains need love, Mistress Death etc), but since you're all saying that he will be a boss event, then my guess would be Mandarin

Would love for it to be Adam Warlock but Warlock isn't considered a villian, unless this is the Magus, which I doubt since he's not part of the current ANAD universe
    • FierceKiwi
      FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
      Options
      AdamMagus wrote:
      That's highly disappointing, don't understand why so few Marvel games let you play as Thanos.

Marvel vs Capcom is the only one that springs to mind, I think maybe that Marvel Super Heroes for PS3 or something was the other.

You should probably take everything D3 says with a massive grain of salt. I recall them once saying they wouldn't create any new 1* and then 1* spidey came into being...but as much as people want this to be Thanos it totally isn't.
    • Baron Zemo?
    • ronin_san
      ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
      Options
      CLWMeF8h.jpg

Peter and Gwen were out lingerie shopping, and Green goblin pumpkin bombed up the place. Since Gwen is finally in he game, Norman can now ruin their evening plans.
    • 20three
      20three Posts: 371
      Options
      Maybe Gambit

No wait, he has actually been requested a lot, and would require new character designs and such.

5 star black widow
    • Preybird
      Options
      Apocalypse? Just a thought.
    • thetimelord
      thetimelord Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
      Options
      This really seems like thanos, but if it is not him, then maybe Shiklah. It is Deadpool Month and she is Deadpool's wife, maybe she also could be considered a villain.
    • Inarius
      Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
      Options
      hey, hey MPQ, when am I getting my ****** cover? icon_e_biggrin.gif

XRTjaZa.png

^ it's prob going to be green goblin but what if it's actually him