***** Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) *****

Options

Comments

• ARIS17
    ARIS17 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My guesses are GOD EMPEROR DOOM or PURPLE MAN.

1) DOOM (GOD EMPEROR):
      pretty much believable to be a 5-star character; he "needed love" of Sue Storm, so in Secret Wars upon becoming a "GOD" he saved her and she became his wife in Battleworld; Despite the Cabal guys, we have every character from the lifeboat made by Reed Richards;
    blacktile.png RUTHLESS LEADERSHIP - Every once in a while the Emperor has to show what happens if you do not obey him. Nevertheless he can't do it very often, 'cause your subordinates will rebel against your dictatorship;
    purpletile.png STOLEN OMNIPOTENCE - Power stolen from Beyonders;
    yellowtile.png MERCY of DOOM - Supports his subordinates: Barons, Thor Corps and etc.

2) PURPLE MAN (Zebediah Killgrave):
      he just "needed love" of Jessica Jones; The 8th of March is coming and it was an interesting villain in recent female-driven Netflix series. Imagine an event in which we get 4-star Jessica Jones (much wanted character!!!) and whole female squad of Marvel to battle this villain!!!
    blacktile.png - brutal sociopathic behavior, purpletile.png - tricky pawns, yellowtile.png - support his pawns.
  • geno685
    geno685 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    btw... I WANT MY WINTER SOLDIER.... icon_cool.gif

Just wait until Civil War comes out, just like strange and gambit are probably coming around October/November when their respective movies come out. And just to be different im guessing this character to be Lady death or Rogue. FEMALE POWER.
  • Mercurywolf
    Options
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    I already guessed in the patch thread that it is Green Goblin and I continue to think that way.

What I don't understand though is why Norman Osborn should be the Green Goblin here, instead of Harry, and all this considering the hint they gave us: "Villains need love too". Harry Osborn is more appropriate because he had love triangles with Peter and Mary Jane, and also Peter and Gwen. The hint doesn't make any sense for Norman in my opinion.

There was an arc, not too long ago, called Sins Past, where it was revealed that Gwen Stacy had slept with Norman Osborn, and also gave birth to two twins: Gabriel and Sarah Stacy.
  • Wendellkirk
    Wendellkirk Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just saw on Facebook. It's Green Goblin!
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yep, I'm surprised by the choice I have to admit.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What the heck... they didn't mention Starlord when he would actually work really well with him. icon_lol.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madok wrote:
    What the heck... they didn't mention Starlord when he would actually work really well with him. icon_lol.gif
    ... which is ironic, since Starlord is the character who might benefit most from fortified cd tiles...
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The irony is fairly killing me on that one. They specifically mention two of the three CD-focused 4* characters, and yet....
  • mindsuckr
    Options
    The question is does his black power hurt one person or the whole team? The interview says foes and the power description says foe. His power is one more than Silver Surfer, does about the same damage, and can be permanently lost.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Star Lord is mentioned in a new character release article" will forever be part of the MPQ forum drinking game.
  • This is all sort of anti-climatic for me. Norman Osborn just does not fit into a 5 star category in my personal opinion. When I think of Epic characters, I think of Silver Surfer, Phoenix, World War Hulk, Owen Reese.. Basically your Omega level threats. Green Goblin was a 4 star at best.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    irwando wrote:

"...but given how much love the Spider-Man family received in recent months..."

LMAO... they believe what they want to believe...
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still no full specs? He's coming into packs in less than 24 hours.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cthulhu posted in the other thread less than an hour ago that he was typing up the stats.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Options
    Hey all, no joke I had it all done, then i closed it by mistake when I was asked to join a executive meeting... Argh. I should have it up tonight still but I have band practice tonight, so if I get out of this meeting in time it will be before 6:30pm PST, if not it will be sometime after 11:30pm.

Sorry icon_e_sad.gif

I did get the smilie in so have fun with these awesome pumpkins! icon_greengoblin.png
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Hey all, no joke I had it all done, then i closed it by mistake when I was asked to join a executive meeting... Argh. I should have it up tonight still but I have band practice tonight, so if I get out of this meeting in time it will be before 6:30pm PST, if not it will be sometime after 11:30pm.

Sorry icon_e_sad.gif

I did get the smilie in so have fun with these awesome pumpkins! icon_greengoblin.png
    Rookie mistake!! icon_e_wink.gif
    We will forgive you this time.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I know it's a lot to ask for.... But are we going to get the actual specs on GGs powers?
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Options
    of course, I don't have all the specs though for his Trick Or Treat power, that one is very interesting!

sooo... I'm still in this meeting. I will have to update later tonight and I apologize about this delay.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:
    of course, I don't have all the specs though for his Trick Or Treat power, that one is very interesting!

sooo... I'm still in this meeting. I will have to update later tonight and I apologize about this delay.

Hey - don't you go burying the lead here....
    Cthulhu wrote:

Sorry icon_e_sad.gif

What kind of band?!?
    Where can we hear it?!?
    Do you do MPQ-themed songs?!?!?
    We gotsta know!!!