***** Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) *****

Options

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So with his yellow are the devs trying to bring Sentry back into style? Up to 64 CD's? His black looks really powerful even at low levels since it has he risk of being completely removed for the match so it is a nice balance. His pumpkin bombs are also a nice addition as depending on what you place them on. I think the key is to fire his black let I get fortified before firing off his pumpkins to do more damage. I still don't see myself using 64 CD so I don't know why I would want 5 in yellow other than that is how the LT work for me over the next 2 years
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    So with his yellow are the devs trying to bring Sentry back into style? Up to 64 CD's? His black looks really powerful even at low levels since it has he risk of being completely removed for the match so it is a nice balance. His pumpkin bombs are also a nice addition as depending on what you place them on. I think the key is to fire his black let I get fortified before firing off his pumpkins to do more damage. I still don't see myself using 64 CD so I don't know why I would want 5 in yellow other than that is how the LT work for me over the next 2 years
    Has to be a typo, rank 4, 4 CDs

+60 is a helluva jump
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    64 is the entire board, so it just means "all CDs," which is the same as Intimidation at 5 covers.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    Has to be a typo, rank 4, 4 CDs

+60 is a helluva jump
    Loki's black says "not really... "
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm interested to see if the blue effect is just a stun or a hybrid of some sort, because otherwise there's no difference between one tile going off and three (unless you stagger the countdown timing with low-level Intimidate/Goblin King).

I've been wondering about this myself. Unless they each stun a non-stunned character, which I guess would be roughly equivalent to a team stun. For 10 AP and a 2 turn delay I guess that's not the most brutal thing, considering you're also giving up whatever of the other 5 effects you could have chosen.

Edit: Ooh ooh! If you're about to get hit with this, grab Cyclops and stun yourself right before it goes off!
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Options
    It is the whole board, I put 64 just to be super clear
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Where info about Purple? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    the gamble is in the fact that the ball might explode afterward.

I would watch so much more football.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm interested to see if the blue effect is just a stun or a hybrid of some sort, because otherwise there's no difference between one tile going off and three (unless you stagger the countdown timing with low-level Intimidate/Goblin King).

I'd imagine the old move stunned character to the back 'bug' was intended to fix this...I'd guess the new solution is to just make each CD a random stun.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Maybe it's just that there's greater likelihood of a stun with three? Still, seems like a weaker skill considering the others will do greater damage if they all go off. Good guess on this being the reason for the stun-move-to-back thing, too.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It looks like at least 4 in black is a given for the shorter countdown tile. If the glider gets destroyed, is the power unusable?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It looks like at least 4 in black is a given for the shorter countdown tile. If the glider gets destroyed, is the power unusable?

Yes
  • danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    So is that something they just forgot to add to the character details on the front page? That's a pretty important detail to leave out.

I'm assuming that downside was mentioned in the interview?
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So is that something they just forgot to add to the character details on the front page? That's a pretty important detail to leave out.

I'm assuming that downside was mentioned in the interview?

I also remember this from the interview page so I'm not sure if it was changed at the last minute or left out of the character description. Would really like to see some info on what each tile does on his purple too.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    his abilities are actually really good, pretty damn versatile, i'm predicting 5/3/5 for max damage build or 3/5/5 for support, but all his abilities are pretty damn good.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you read the description closely it does say the move is lost if the countdown doesn't resolve, but you have to be looking for it.

As written, the move deals damage, disables itself, and then places a countdown that enables the move again when it hits 0. Therefore, if the countdown is destroyed before it hits 0, the move is never re-enabled.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Can you also be super clear with purple? Or at least something beyond super vague? Or are we just going to have to wait til tomorrow for a sandboxer to let us know what this ability actually does?
  • thetimelord
    thetimelord Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2016
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Can you also be super clear with purple? Or at least something beyond super vague? Or are we just going to have to wait til tomorrow for a sandboxer to let us know what this ability actually does?

Well, this sandboxer has tested the abilities. One thing to keep in mind is that you can only target one tile, it will create 2 more CD tiles of the same color elsewhere, so you cannot mix color combinations. This is at max level and 5 purpleflag.png covers btw.

redflag.png Bombs: Deals 11k dmg to the current target for each bomb. (Edit: its 10k dmg)
    blueflag.png Bombs: Stuns a random enemy for 2 turns per bomb.
    greenflag.png Bombs: Destroys 4 random tiles and deals damage per bomb.
    purpleflag.png Bombs: Steals 3 AP of 3 random colors per bomb.
    yellowflag.png Bombs: Creates a yellow protect tile of around 1400 per bomb.
    blackflag.png Bombs: Creates a black strike tile of about 1400 per bomb.
  • billy
    billy Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:

Well, this sandboxer has tested the abilities. One thing to keep in mind is that you can only target one tile, it will create 2 more CD tiles of the same color elsewhere, so you cannot mix color combinations. This is at max level and 5 purpleflag.png covers btw.

redflag.png Bombs: Deals 11k dmg to the current target for each bomb.
    blueflag.png Bombs: Stuns a random enemy for 2 turns per bomb.
    greenflag.png Bombs: Destroys 4 random tiles and deals damage per bomb.
    yellowflag.png Bombs: Creates a yellow protect tile of around 1400 per bomb.
    blackflag.png Bombs: Creates a black strike tile of about 1400 per bomb.

If you wait for the right board, and have yellowflag.png to fire off right after purpleflag.png , most of these have been going off for me. The red is pretty great at ~30k damage for 10AP icon_e_biggrin.gif

So far, he's pretty fun. Definitely gonna use him for PVE goons.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Purple steals up to 27 ap? icon_eek.gif