***** Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) *****

Comments

• Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 623 Critical Contributor
    notamutant wrote:
    This weekend I will try to get my green goblin video up. I still haven't found my headset since moving, so I can't really make a full character analysis video without it.

Thanks as always for your videos, NAM -- they're always informative and appreciated!
  • bbf2 wrote:
    Does anyone have a screenshot or video of him firing his purple? I kind of want to see what it looks like when you choose what color you want to use

No, but I saw it many times today when he kicked my teams butt....grrrr
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbf2 wrote:
    Does anyone have a screenshot or video of him firing his purple? I kind of want to see what it looks like when you choose what color you want to use

You just select the tile on the board after firing the power, you dont have any clue on what they will do if selected. Then when the countdown reaches 0 you see a goblin pumkin the effect is resolved and that's it.

I could post a screenshot, but there is not that much to see icon_razz.gif
    notamutant wrote:

This weekend I will try to get my green goblin video up. I still haven't found my headset since moving, so I can't really make a full character analysis video without it.

I am really interested in this video, specially I want to se him when low covered (around 315-330 level). Just with one cover he is already doing 4.8k with red bombs! I think GG is going to be the 5 that is usefull faster, with just 5 covers he is going to be much better than most 4s.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    https://youtu.be/X0ZTMqT6RuQ

I finally got the video up. Sorry for the delays. I tried a new video editing method that ended up taking forever. I thought I would use the YouTube video editor instead of Sony, but the upload time for 64 GBs of video was longer than the processing time on my computer that makes a 3 GB video. I added a poll to the video for the first time on best builds.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    notamutant wrote:

I finally got the video up. Sorry for the delays. I tried a new video editing method that ended up taking forever. I thought I would use the YouTube video editor instead of Sony, but the upload time for 64 GBs of video was longer than the processing time on my computer that makes a 3 GB video. I added a poll to the video for the first time on best builds.

Thanks for posting this. I haven't been fortunate enough to pull him yet, so it's nice to see him in-game.
  • Polares
    notamutant wrote:

Nice work man! A pitty we couldn't see red bombs for 360+ levels. It is a problem that the game doesn't list alternate abilities or in this case bomb different effect for all the colors. Devs need to bring a better UI for powers.

Anyway, as I suspected he is really good with 5-6 covers, much better than all other 5s. A 2/2/1 is as good as any 4. And I think he is probably the best char for PvP, OML is still better for PvE (where you need more sustained play), but his black is so good (and the other team has just one turn to destroy the tile, the fortify passive makes this ability OP in my opinion), probably best ability in the whole game. Then purple is also very good for the same fortify ability, again you will have just one turn to destroy the tiles, so it is going to be really easy to at least detonate 2 bombs, against the AI, probably all 3 of them without any problem.

Funny enough, it is probably the Fortify ability what makes GG so super good, his abilities are already very good, but this ability makes them even better. What is the disadvantage of black when you can't destroy the tile ? That you have to wait until you do three black matches again? icon_razz.gif

It is curious that his best partner in 5 land is Spidey, just one color overlap, but Spidey purple is passive so no problem AI firing the wrong one. I guess SS can be a good partner too if you have GG slightly underleveled so SS claims black so GG can sit behind SS when matching black (I don't know how many levels is that, because black is SS third color, but probably too many), and because SS black is more expensive I guess AI will always cast GG black one...

What does the AI with purple, anybody knows? Does it chose the color randomly?
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Polares wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

Nice work man! A pitty we couldn't see red bombs for 360+ levels. It is a problem that the game doesn't list alternate abilities or in this case bomb different effect for all the colors. Devs need to bring a better UI for powers.

Anyway, as I suspected he is really good with 5-6 covers, much better than all other 5s. A 2/2/1 is as good as any 4. And I think he is probably the best char for PvP, OML is still better for PvE (where you need more sustained play), but his black is so good (and the other team has just one turn to destroy the tile, the fortify passive makes this ability OP in my opinion), probably best ability in the whole game. Then purple is also very good for the same fortify ability, again you will have just one turn to destroy the tiles, so it is going to be really easy to at least detonate 2 bombs, against the AI, probably all 3 of them without any problem.

Funny enough, it is probably the Fortify ability what makes GG so super good, his abilities are already very good, but this ability makes them even better. What is the disadvantage of black when you can't destroy the tile ? That you have to wait until you do three black matches again? icon_razz.gif

It is curious that his best partner in 5 land is Spidey, just one color overlap, but Spidey purple is passive so no problem AI firing the wrong one. I guess SS can be a good partner too if you have GG slightly underleveled so SS claims black so GG can sit behind SS when matching black (I don't know how many levels is that, because black is SS third color, but probably too many), and because SS black is more expensive I guess AI will always cast GG black one...

I would assume it chooses the color randomly, based on other pick a tile skills like GSBW and KK. So kind of random if he will be good on defense. Still, denying 8 black AP will be hard. The passive part of fortify interestingly enough wasn't all that helpful, as if you used his active yellow, you could get the timers down to one turn anyhow (assuming you had the AP). A bit expensive though at 9 AP since it does no damage, compared to the Hood's intimidate, which does damage and reduces countdowns. Because both BSS also has no healing, even if they might be good teammates, the team as a whole is horrible for sustainability. I would also be afraid of using SS for defense, since the AI might save up AP an extra turn or two for SS black instead of GG black. There really aren't any reliable teammates for defense in the 5 star land. Maybe we should look at 4 stars. The BSS has an incredible teammate in Spider-Gwen, maybe GG has something similar.
  • Polares
    notamutant wrote:
    Polares wrote:

I would assume it chooses the color randomly, based on other pick a tile skills like GSBW and KK. So kind of random if he will be good on defense. Still, denying 8 black AP will be hard. The passive part of fortify interestingly enough wasn't all that helpful, as if you used his active yellow, you could get the timers down to one turn anyhow (assuming you had the AP). A bit expensive though at 9 AP since it does no damage, compared to the Hood's intimidate, which does damage and reduces countdowns. Because both BSS also has no healing, even if they might be good teammates, the team as a whole is horrible for sustainability. I would also be afraid of using SS for defense, since the AI might save up AP an extra turn or two for SS black instead of GG black. There really aren't any reliable teammates for defense in the 5 star land. Maybe we should look at 4 stars. The BSS has an incredible teammate in Spider-Gwen, maybe GG has something similar.

Well thing is, there is really no team that works specially well in 5 land. You can put two 5s together and they work basically because they are 5s, but there is not that much synergy between them. I guess devs want us to team our 5s with some 4s... (so we don't obliterate the other teams icon_razz.gif)

I guess you can play GG with Cyclops, he is probably his best match. They only clash is in the yellow, and in that case you want the AI to cast cylops one which is cheaper, so you can match team ups to get black even faster. Then you still have a very good attack in red. Maybe Carnage can be also a 'good' partner for hops.

If purple is completely random, then I guess as long as it doesn't fire it in yellow or green the ability is at least good enough, being so much better if it is in purple and specially in red. It can also be annoying if it is in blue, having all the team stuned. GG doesn't go after red, so maybe then there will be more red tiles on the board...
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) icon_greengoblin.png
    5 Star Rarity (Epic) Wiki Link
    At Max Level: HP: 43529 Tile Damage: 438/60/71/501/66/564/314/4.3x

Goblin Glider - 8 blacktile.png AP
    Green Goblin Hops off his glider and remote controls its razor-sharp wings straight towards his foe. Deals 3211 damage, disables this power and creates a 3-turn Black Countdown tile which re-enables this power.

Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 3848 Damage and creates a 3-turn Black Countdown tile. Level 3: Deals 4485 Damage and creates a 3-turn Black Countdown tile. Level 4: Deals 4962 Damage and creates a 2-turn Black Countdown tile. Level 5: Deals 5599 Damage and creates a 2-turn Black Countdown tile.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Deals 18029 Damage and creates a 3-turn Black Countdown tile. Level 4: Deals 19949 Damage and creates a 2-turn Black Countdown tile. Level 5: Deals 22509 Damage and creates a 2-turn Black Countdown tile.

Trick or Treat - 10 purpletile.png AP
    Green Goblin cackles as he flings pumpkin bombs at his enemies, the contents of which are certain to be an unpleasant surprise. Creates 3 3-turn Countdown tiles of a chosen color. The Chosen tile’s color will determine the Countdown tiles’ effect.

Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Creates 3 3-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect, Yellow, Red and Black pumpkin bombs get stronger. Level 3: Creates 3 3-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect, all of Green Goblin’s pumpkin bombs get stronger. Level 4: Creates 3 2-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect. Level 5: Creates 3 2-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect, all of Green Goblin’s pumpkin bombs get stronger.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Creates 3 3-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect. Level 4: Creates 3 2-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect, all of Green Goblin’s pumpkin bombs get stronger. Level 5: Creates 3 2-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect, and Yellow, Red and Black pumpkin bombs get stronger!

Goblin King - 9 yellowtile.png AP
    Osborn uses his maniacal genius to manipulate those around him. Reduce up to 3 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn.

(PASSIVE) At the start of your turn, Fortify 2 random friendly Countdown tiles. Fortified tiles must be matched twice to remove them.

Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Reduce up to 3 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 2 random friendly Countdown tiles. Level 3: Reduce up to 3 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Countdown tiles. Level 4: Reduce up to 4 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Reduce up to 64 Level 5: Reduce up to 64 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and(PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Countdown tiles.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Reduce up to 3 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Countdown tiles. Level 4: Reduce up to 4 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Countdown tiles. Level 5: Reduce up to 64 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Countdown tiles.

Almost a month since this topic was created, and STILL many typo errors in this description, despite I signaled them a couple of weeks ago.
    What I don't understand is why don't you guys appoint somebody from the moderator group to write this things? I mean if you are to busy to correct a post, why don't you let somebody else do it? And by that maybe it will solve the communication problem too.

Cthulhu, if you are the producer, you know better than I do that in any game's case, we (the players) have a very important role to the success of the game and its profit. Don't you think that this lack of response on the forum shows a low-level of respect toward us? I am a developer, and I sure understand you and all of other persons envolved in this game, that there is simply not so much time to do this things. And I'm almost sure that you do respect us. So why do you give this impression that you don't? Why don't you guys find somebody to write posts on the forum from your behalf? Why don't you make a Community Manager, like other games already have? There are plenty solutions to your problem. Find one.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Got my 3rd cover... so he's a 1/1/1... interesting character.

I like that passive when combined with SW... makes that CD MUCH more survivable, which in turn makes his purple reliable. That purple AP steal is pretty nasty... 18 AP at one cover? Yikes. The enemy team was frequently at all 0's after firing it.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah I've been running my 111 goblin with cap and im40 for the big enchilada. His fortify stays on caps blue even once it becomes a protect tile making them very durable.
  • Polares
    Copps wrote:
    Yeah I've been running my 111 goblin with cap and im40 for the big enchilada. His fortify stays on caps blue even once it becomes a protect tile making them very durable.

Which is probably a bug? Well maybe not...

I would really love to have the three powers (at least 1/1/1) to test drive him a little bit. Argh, it is a pity he is not in the same tokens as OML icon_razz.gif
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 623 Critical Contributor
    I just tried using Green Goblin in Torch's pvp ("Hotshot"), thinking GG's yellow would fortify Torch's green countdown (Flame Jet) protecting it for the rest of the match. It didn't work, though -- at the start of each turn, GG's yellow would activate first, fortifying Flame Jet, which would then count down to zero, remove the fortification, and then reset itself to a count of one. This seemed to be completely contrary behaviour to what I've seen happen elsewhere, where the fortification will remain around a tile that reaches zero and transforms into something else (e.g., Fury's Escape Plan). I wonder if this is as-intended?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just tried using Green Goblin in Torch's pvp ("Hotshot"), thinking GG's yellow would fortify Torch's green countdown (Flame Jet) protecting it for the rest of the match. It didn't work, though -- at the start of each turn, GG's yellow would activate first, fortifying Flame Jet, which would then count down to zero, remove the fortification, and then reset itself to a count of one. This seemed to be completely contrary behaviour to what I've seen happen elsewhere, where the fortification will remain around a tile that reaches zero and transforms into something else (e.g., Fury's Escape Plan). I wonder if this is as-intended?
    I'd guess the way they code the Flame Jet tile is that they make it respawn in the same spot... since it's respawning, it's not the same tile you fortified. I agree, it doesn't make logical sense, but this isn't the first time we've been burned by the approaches they take to their coding.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    can someone answer this for me:

Does his black CD tile need to resolve to re-enable the black? Or does it work like 3* falcon's blue (i.e. the power doesn't happen while a CD is on the board, but comes back as soon as the CD tile is gone, no matter what happens to it).

Sorry if this info is buried several pages back in the thread.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Needs to resolve. If it is destroyed early, the power is locked out for the rest of the match.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Needs to resolve. If it is destroyed early, the power is locked out for the rest of the match.

Thanks blacksheep! Good to know.
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    So how much AP does purple steal at 1 and at 3 when it gets stronger?
  • laughingMAN
    laughingMAN Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Not sure this has been mentioned, but if you play him with Scarlet Witch always put him in the last (far right) slot. His passive will proc AFTER witch, meaning you get her countdown fortified on the same turn it's created.
  • DC1972
    DC1972 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    I've heard of GG and IM 46 being a powerful combo. Anyone know the best way to play them together?