***** Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) *****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited October 2016 in Character Details
Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) icon_greengoblin.png
5 Star Rarity (Epic) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 43529 Tile Damage: 438/60/71/501/66/564/314/4.3x

Goblin Glider - 8 blacktile.png AP
Green Goblin Hops off his glider and remote controls its razor-sharp wings straight towards his foe. Deals 3211 damage, disables this power and creates a 3-turn Black Countdown tile which re-enables this power.

Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Deals 3848 Damage and creates a 3-turn Black Countdown tile. Level 3: Deals 4485 Damage and creates a 3-turn Black Countdown tile. Level 4: Deals 4962 Damage and creates a 2-turn Black Countdown tile. Level 5: Deals 5599 Damage and creates a 2-turn Black Countdown tile.
Max Level
    Level 3: Deals 18029 Damage and creates a 3-turn Black Countdown tile. Level 4: Deals 19949 Damage and creates a 2-turn Black Countdown tile. Level 5: Deals 22509 Damage and creates a 2-turn Black Countdown tile.

Trick or Treat - 10 purpletile.png AP
Green Goblin cackles as he flings pumpkin bombs at his enemies, the contents of which are certain to be an unpleasant surprise. Creates 3 3-turn Countdown tiles of a chosen color. The Chosen tile’s color will determine the Countdown tiles’ effect.

Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Creates 3 3-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect, Yellow, Red and Black pumpkin bombs get stronger. Level 3: Creates 3 3-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect, all of Green Goblin’s pumpkin bombs get stronger. Level 4: Creates 3 2-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect. Level 5: Creates 3 2-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect, all of Green Goblin’s pumpkin bombs get stronger.
Max Level
    Level 3: Creates 3 3-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect. Level 4: Creates 3 2-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect, all of Green Goblin’s pumpkin bombs get stronger. Level 5: Creates 3 2-turn Countdown tiles with chosen color determining the tiles’ effect, and Yellow, Red and Black pumpkin bombs get stronger!

Goblin King - 9 yellowtile.png AP
Osborn uses his maniacal genius to manipulate those around him. Reduce up to 3 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn.

(PASSIVE) At the start of your turn, Fortify 2 random friendly Countdown tiles. Fortified tiles must be matched twice to remove them.

Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Reduce up to 3 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 2 random friendly Countdown tiles. Level 3: Reduce up to 3 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Countdown tiles. Level 4: Reduce up to 4 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Reduce up to 64 Level 5: Reduce up to 64 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and(PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Countdown tiles.
Max Level
    Level 3: Reduce up to 3 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Countdown tiles. Level 4: Reduce up to 4 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Countdown tiles. Level 5: Reduce up to 64 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1 turn and (PASSIVE) Fortify 3 random friendly Countdown tiles.

Comments

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's really a 5*? My prediction of God Emperor Doom might just come true! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Cthulhu
    Yes! It's really a five star.
  • Edarion
    Edarion Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Green Goblin?
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    May be getting ahead of myself, but does this mean OML becomes exclusive to Classic LTs?
  • Cthulhu
    haven't heard about that, but I'll try and find out
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Sounds like we are just getting our own baby Galactus!
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Cthulhu wrote:

Special Tile - 10 AP - Creates 3 chosen color special tiles which have different effects based on color.

My guess is Thanos. This power screams Infinity Gauntlet. Each color having a different power. Yes, yes and yes.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Harry Osborne (green goblin) gotta be 5*
  • Redrobot30 wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:

Special Tile - 10 AP - Creates 3 chosen color special tiles which have different effects based on color.

My guess is Thanos. This power screams Infinity Gauntlet. Each color having a different power. Yes, yes and yes.

This.

As much as I'm not gonna hold my breath for Thanos the infinity stone theory sounds spot on.
  • It's gotta be Thanos. 2nd ability screams infinity gauntlet, and yellow and purple as two of his colors? Granted, it would make a little more sense if the first color was blue, but oh well.
  • thanos color scheme, infinity gauntlet like powers... definitely lady death.... since both he and deadpool are in love with her and they declared it deadpool month

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPhE_P5NjfJKPynLiQDA__FUCgW3F-YUOepD2Am6oFRYskThMt-w

black. final countdown, long term instakill CD maybe??
  • QuizB
    QuizB Posts: 35
    Dr. Strange?

Astral plane, 2nd ability I'm not sure, third is 5* equivalent of SWs countdown?

Agree that both Thanos and Green Goblin seem just, if not more likely.

Quick question - what is (canonically) the difference between Green and Hob Goblins, aside from being different people?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Pre-release ability precis:
      Damage/Special Tile - 8 AP - Deal Damage and create countdown tile. Ability is disabled until the special tile goes away.

Special Tile/Passive - 9 AP - Benefit friendly special tiles by reducing countdown and strengthening them.

If we're working off of "Villains need love too...", and it's a 5-star...

I don't see this being Green Goblin. The powers don't mesh, Norman Osborn is already a non-playable character, and Harry is far from a 5-star tier character. Then again, black suit Spider-Man wasn't really 5-star tier in my mind either.

The powers don't really make sense to me for with Thanos either despite the different effects based on color, and if we're bringing the Infinity Gauntlet into play he's well beyond a 5-star.

I could see this being Phoenix Force infused Emma Frost, at which point she was an omega-level mutant.

The purple and yellow abilities could easily be powers of a strong/experienced telepath, manipulating the battlefield and their friends/foes. Maybe the special tile you create is based on the color tile selected? Such as, selecting yellow creates a yellow protect tile in that space, red a red strike tile, black an attack tile, etc.

Black could be a psionic attack of some form followed by her Diamond Form, in which she is nearly impervious. This would exist as a very strong protect tile, or the above-mentioned countdown tile. She can't use her psychic powers when in Diamond Form, so it would make sense that this ability is disabled while the special tile exists.
    • my guess is Molecule Man
    • _Ryu_
      _Ryu_ Posts: 149
      Cthulhu wrote:
      Pre-release ability precis:
        Damage/Special Tile - 8 AP - Deal Damage and create countdown tile. Ability is disabled until the special tile goes away.

Like Visions blue? As long as tile is on the board, every own match does more dmg?
        Cthulhu wrote:

Every colour a nother effect? Since we have 6 colours, it couldnt be the standard protect, strike, attack tiles.
        Cthulhu wrote:
        Special Tile/Passive - 9 AP - Benefit friendly special tiles by reducing countdown and strengthening them.

Like Hoods black in mix with Falcon yellow?

Thanos is defiently like a boss, he shouldnt be playable. If it is Deadpools lover Death, it will will be the coolest Marvel character ever, but then she should have a instant kill backdoor like Superwhales, because... ur... you know... its Death (^_^)
      • IlDuderino
        IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
        May be getting ahead of myself, but does this mean OML becomes exclusive to Classic LTs?

TlNY7ob29c4Gk.gif

hqdefault.jpg

3130348.jpg
      • fmftint
        fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
        It's gotta be Thanos. 2nd ability screams infinity gauntlet, and yellow and purple as two of his colors? Granted, it would make a little more sense if the first color was blue, but oh well.
        They've already said, Thanos will be a boss event NOT a playable character
      • Quebbster
        Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
        fmftint wrote:
        It's gotta be Thanos. 2nd ability screams infinity gauntlet, and yellow and purple as two of his colors? Granted, it would make a little more sense if the first color was blue, but oh well.
        They've already said, Thanos will be a boss event NOT a playable character
        Terraxia, then. icon_e_smile.gif
      • CrookedKnight
        CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
        Redrobot30 wrote:
        Cthulhu wrote:

My thoughts exactly. If not him then somebody else with a similar array of distinct powers.
      • SolidQ
        SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
        icon_e_smile.gif
        Green_goblin2.jpg