Why are we seeing lv667 opponents in Galactus?

12346»

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    So this has robbed me of two rewards. HB black, we are on R8 and now have little chance and my progression LT. I'm on 700k but doing such small amounts of damage per 10 pack I might as well not bother. All I'm doing is playing for 20 minutes then waiting 6 hours for health packs!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's really sad, this. I was enjoying the heck out of Galactus from round 1-5. Round 6 was kinda tough but now we're on round 7 and the whole thing just eats through my health packs. My level 350 Galactus is actually level 473. Minions jumped from level 50 to level 150 between rounds.

This went from being a chilled out, fun, rewarding event to a frustrating, painful experience. I'm just glad we managed to get a single hulkbuster before it all went to hell. I hope we can manage a second, but considering two of my Galactus fights ended with me doing maybe 1/8th of his HP in damage I'm starting to wonder.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2016
    well this sucks. I was on pace to get the legendary token, likely won't happen now.

despite the new missions everything is locked.
    http://i.imgur.com/7tl3Ehw.jpg
    galactus says defeat the nodes
    http://i.imgur.com/ztIgVCg.png
    and the nodes say beat galactus :/
    http://i.imgur.com/pFCywjp.png

I already quit out the game and restarted it. I figure it will fix itself when my galactus node unlocks in 7 hours, which would leave me with 36 minutes to beat him and the nodes... if you know I was home to do that but I will be at work at that time -_-

edit: it finally fixed itself so I have 30 min before i have to leave to work to try to beat up galactus and beat the "trivial" nodes.
    and yay my level 350 galactus is actually level 478 :/
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    My best guess on seeing the level 667 goons instead of 395 is that it's looking to see what level enemies you'd be facing using the old system of max 395 enemies & then scaling that up to the new system max of 667, rather than just checking what levels you'd face against the new max of 667. And then Galactus is getting his levels boosted because the game thinks his preset level is based on the old system & so needs adjusted.
    Pure speculation.

Also, the whole "I beat the level 704 Galactus with 56K health but only got the points for beating level 400 Galactus at 28K health!" is worse than we thought. It's not capping the points, it's SCALING THE POINTS.
    I did 24K damage to my level 478 Galactus before the match ended. I only got 17K points.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    *UPDATE* (02/03/16 1:23 PM PST) We hope to push out a fix for the minions issue within the next 2 hours. Here's word from the dev team:

"We have identified the issue and the issue will be part of today's daily patch (around 5pm EST). Minions in current and future events will behave like they did in events prior to Galactus."

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for hanging in there with us!
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*UPDATE* (02/03/16 1:23 PM PST) We hope to push out a fix for the minions issue within the next 2 hours. Here's word from the dev team:

"We have identified the issue and the issue will be part of today's daily patch (around 5pm EST). Minions in current and future events will behave like they did in events prior to Galactus."

Is that including the weird scaling for Galactus himself?
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Tatercat wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*UPDATE* (02/03/16 1:23 PM PST) We hope to push out a fix for the minions issue within the next 2 hours. Here's word from the dev team:

Is that including the weird scaling for Galactus himself?

This. Have they even acknowledged this issue?
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    blinktag wrote:

Galactus doesn't scale. He's gonna be level 704 regardless of what your roster looks like.

Then please explain why several of us within the same alliance are seeing different values for level and health during the same round?

Seems to be a one or the other deal. Those with 700 galactus have normal goon nodes, those that have level 400 have ridiculous goon nodes. Teiatsu tiles doing 2000 damage per turn and such.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did anyone else find the jump in the minions nodes more annoying than the one for Galactus, I think it would be a much better event if they kept those nodes as trivial and the difficulty increase was limited to Galactus himself as that way everyone could get to their attempt on him without having to use health packs, this seems fair since this is the only event where survival nodes only have standard node rewards.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    So, EVERYTHING is fixed, now?

Goons AND Galactus AND full points?
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    TLCstormz wrote:
    So, EVERYTHING is fixed, now?
    Well, "everything" is saying a lot... icon_e_wink.gif
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Yes, all of those seem to be fixed.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:

what about compensation for the players that got crushed by these opponents? In a timed event, with very specific access points to when and for how often we can play, such bugs are exacerbated. If we can't play through because of your bug and consequently miss out on rewards, what then?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    chamber44 wrote:
    "David wrote:

what about compensation for the players that got crushed by these opponents? In a timed event, with very specific access points to when and for how often we can play, such bugs are exacerbated. If we can't play through because of your bug and consequently miss out on rewards, what then?

Seriously doubt any compensation is even needed in this. They fixed it with well over a day to go, and it only affected rounds 7 and 8, which, when it was fixed, should have given more than ample time to complete the event anyway. Some groups finished before the bug-fix, and we finished with close to a day left, with only 19.. Still loads of time left. Pretty sure nothing to compensate on this.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Semi-related, is there a good way to beat the Hulk node that has a ton of Hand ninja along with the 4* Venom at the end? The best I have are 3*s and they simply can't survive the nonstop attack tiles combined with the Strength of Many attacks, not to mention the fact that if I manage make it through them, Venom is level 300-something and has over 23,000 health. I'm beginning to think it's literally impossible for my team since I don't have any maxed out 4*s and the scaling is through the roof.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    elusive wrote:
    Semi-related, is there a good way to beat the Hulk node that has a ton of Hand ninja along with the 4* Venom at the end? The best I have are 3*s and they simply can't survive the nonstop attack tiles combined with the Strength of Many attacks, not to mention the fact that if I manage make it through them, Venom is level 300-something and has over 23,000 health. I'm beginning to think it's literally impossible for my team since I don't have any maxed out 4*s and the scaling is through the roof.
    Do you have someone who can stun them before you kill them? That keeps the attack tiles from spawning. Maybe something like Daredevil, Blade and Falcon?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    elusive wrote:
    just make sure and take a nuke. not knowing what was coming, i made the mistake of taking hood and rulk (ice would have been so much better) and it was a real chore to get venom down. nuke and stun to go with hulk. cap usually does well for that. add someone like hood or even im40 to accelerate or witch to make cascades, stun, and help with blue some.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:
    elusive wrote:
    just make sure and take a nuke. not knowing what was coming, i made the mistake of taking hood and rulk (ice would have been so much better) and it was a real chore to get venom down. nuke and stun to go with hulk. cap usually does well for that. add someone like hood or even im40 to accelerate or witch to make cascades, stun, and help with blue some.

3* Cap and Thor are a really good combo too. Let Hulk take the early hits to build up green for Call the Storm but try to save them for Venom if you can. Get Cap his colors, then do the blueflag.png stun then redflag.png to take out the ninjas without Turn to Smoke. once Cap has the shield tiles down from blue, the attack tiles only do 1 pt anyway, so build up yellowflag.png & greenflag.png for Thor while Cap controls the board. If you can, finish off the last ninja with Thunderstrike - it may generate attack tiles, but you'll want Cap's blueflag.png free to stun Venom right off the bat, and it will lay down more greenflag.png for you to grab while he's stunned. Then just waylay into him with all the Call the Storm, Thunderstrike, and Star Spangled Avengers you've got saved. Save Cap's blueflag.png & redflag.png attacks for last, so there's no cascades to accidently match them. Match more greenflag.png while he's stunned and it should be no problem. Even if he gets out of stun for a few turns, he'll have no AP to use before Cap's shields return to start over. His passive might weaken your shield tiles but that's not a deal breaker. If you're lucky, you should only have to heal Hulk afterwards.
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Yes, all of those seem to be fixed.
    Are we sure? Because I'm only on wave 5, and I'm looking at a wave of 7 Thugs/Hitmen/Muscles at 338, on a node that requires a 2* hero......If that's "fixed" then I have no idea what's planned for the later waves (not that I'll see them).
    The Thugs hit for 4k+ with their countdowns.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    chamber44 wrote:
    "David wrote:

Seriously doubt any compensation is even needed in this. They fixed it with well over a day to go, and it only affected rounds 7 and 8, which, when it was fixed, should have given more than ample time to complete the event anyway. Some groups finished before the bug-fix, and we finished with close to a day left, with only 19.. Still loads of time left. Pretty sure nothing to compensate on this.
    but is that the point? I blew through my health packs and wasted the hour I had set aside to burn through that particular round. Instead of a full clear, I lost 5/5 times. if every alliance had the same problem, how much wasted opportunity is that?

It's less about the cover that one may or may not get and more about a product working as intended. Because, if a player loses all his characters and health packs to a coked-up opponent, that means that player is not only locked out of Galactus, but out of other parts of the game as well. It's a quality of gameplay issue.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    My ~3* alliance tapped out due to this *tinykitty*.
    And decided to go (back) to PvP/Gauntlet.
    No time to fix it now.

And as such we all missed last blacktile.png HB

Solution: re-run Galactus.
    Give us another chance.

Or give all aliances +1 level they finished at reward.
    (For those that passed 6th bluetile.png HB, 7th: blacktile.png HB and for those that finished and passed 8th: an extra blacktile.png HB)