Why are we seeing lv667 opponents in Galactus?

Comments

• Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    elvy75 wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    Super scaled muscles are no match for the mighty Ant Man!
    *steals everything that isn't tied down*

shh.. they are not alone, just in case you thought of some niche character that could steel the tiles they've put hood to keep them company icon_e_biggrin.gif

Curses, foiled again by a character with 4k health at levek 600. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    my ai levels are advertised between 157-194 from the first to last node, cannot jump in one yet to verify if the levels jumped or are as advertised but once again leave it to d3 to make an untested adjustment and totally screw something up...this is about the third thing today that has me ready to walk away from this mess...things go good for a bit then they attempt to make "improvements" and we are right back to being screwed over.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Demiurge's answer: "This is a perfect chance to use Moonstone's awesome special tile stealing ability!"
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Sure, unless there's a tile mover...then after the Muscle puts down the strike tiles and they make a single move, you're dead.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    270 * 1.46 = 395
    450 * 1.48 = 667

Don't mind me, I'm just trying to make sense of the cap #'s. *shrug*
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Blahahah wrote:
    elvy75 wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    Super scaled muscles are no match for the mighty Ant Man!
    *steals everything that isn't tied down*

shh.. they are not alone, just in case you thought of some niche character that could steel the tiles they've put hood to keep them company icon_e_biggrin.gif

Curses, foiled again by a character with 4k health at levek 600. icon_e_sad.gif

Good news! The Hood I fought had about 12K health. Didn't check his level, though, since he was already dead at that point.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    got it
    e2aa94c196a7653446f213b8bda71f87.png
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    udonomefoo wrote:
    270 * 1.46 = 395
    450 * 1.48 = 667

That's all well and good, and thanks for mathing, cuz Odin knows I sure wasn't gonna do it...but (and Simon, please correct me if I'm wrong) Simon does NOT have lvl 450 characters...there's no reason he should be seeing enemies at that level...
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    The obvious explanation is that Galactus rostered a 5*, so now the program thinks he's 200 levels higher than he is for matchmaking purposes....
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    0Fu5Vnw.jpg?1

No, it is not a joke.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    tanis3303 wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    270 * 1.46 = 395
    450 * 1.48 = 667

That's all well and good, and thanks for mathing, cuz Odin knows I sure wasn't gonna do it...but (and Simon, please correct me if I'm wrong) Simon does NOT have lvl 450 characters...there's no reason he should be seeing enemies at that level...
    Heck no... my highest level character is a lv287 HB
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    tanis3303 wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    270 * 1.46 = 395
    450 * 1.48 = 667

My highest is a lvl 345 OML, other than that, 285 IMHB. I started seeing these in The Hunt after the update, they showed lvl 395 when you choose the node, but once in, they were lvl 677.
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    tanis3303 wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    270 * 1.46 = 395
    450 * 1.48 = 667

I guess Demiurge is just very liberal with their use of rounding.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    This is just like all those classic Galactus stories in the comics, where the Fantastic Four and the Avengers were decimated by SWAT snipers and Mafia hoods. Isn't that how stories of the Devourer of Worlds normally end? Just like Jack Kirby and Stan Lee intended?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haven't notiser this yet. Should I be worried?
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Can't wait for the gauntlet. At least the essential will be hulkbuster and not an undercovered nova. See they aren't so bad guys icon_e_wink.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just checked mine:

Highest Chars - 4cyc @ 246, OML SS & PHO @ 255

Round 6

preview/in battle

Galactus:
    300/324
    24,320/26,210
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Just checked mine:

Highest Chars - 4cyc @ 246, OML SS & PHO @ 255

Round 6

preview/in battle

Galactus:
    300/324
    24,320/26,210

38k in round 7. God only knows what formula they are using to calculate that increase. At this rate he will be 60k+ round 8
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    simonsez wrote:
    SolidQ wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    It's real. Muscle goons with 40k health that drop 2500 strike tiles.
    Screenshot! icon_e_wink.gif
    Stax had the muscle goons. I have a screenshot of a morale boost goon with 27k health during PvE grind, but since I was grinding, I didn't think to check what the level was. But it had to be pretty stupid high, since I've never seen them with anything close to that much health.

I was wondering what happened. I noticed one node where the health of my enemies went up considerably after two clears... I thought I was just noticing the personal scaling effect or the community scaling had come back on and everyone was doing their final grind. I never bothered to check if the enemies in game had levels higher than the advertised ones in the intro to the node.

That Moonstone (27K health) Healer (27K health) Bullseye (18K health) node took a lot out of me. Morale boost was doing 4,500+ team healing every two rounds, Bulseye's protect tiles were massive, Moonstone's control shift meant I had to clear her of black AP before dropping OML tiles.

Thankfully, with OML's strike tiles, Jean was dropping 10K per enemy and clearing out all the CDs and protect tiles. I don't know how I would have survived that fight without overloaded JG and a 5* with tons of health and regeneration.

I fought the 2500 strike tile muscles today. I was taking a beating, so I decided to do something about it. I thought I had cleared them all out, but there was a yellow one hidden on me that I failed to notice when using GSBW's pistol. Daken took me out with one three hit cascade.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    "Educated" guess - the latest patch rolled out some/all of the coded framework needed for them to actually implement the scaling / MMR changes, and the framework itself had a few unintended side effects. I'd be amused to see if turning on the new scaling / MMR actually fixed the issue. I imagine Simon's a top (at least 25-100) finisher nearly every PvE and has been for a while, so if the back-end max-level got implemented before the actual scaling adjustment, the game may think that Simon deserves the hardest thing it can throw at him which got changed from 395 to go screw yourself.

If it turns out it's actually the new scaling, well, good luck Simon.