Why are we seeing lv667 opponents in Galactus?

Comments

• Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    I noticed a sharp jump in the levels of the side nodes starting at the refresh at noon EDT (~5 hours ago). I swear their levels tripled. I had finished my previous clear just a few hours before that (transitioned from round 5 to round 6 after the 2nd clear).

I'm pretty sure we had an insanely high leveled node like that last time, too. It was a survival where the last wave had a single Gorgon opponent or something like that.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    "Educated" guess - the latest patch rolled out some/all of the coded framework needed for them to actually implement the scaling / MMR changes, and the framework itself had a few unintended side effects. I'd be amused to see if turning on the new scaling / MMR actually fixed the issue. I imagine Simon's a top (at least 25-100) finisher nearly every PvE and has been for a while, so if the back-end max-level got implemented before the actual scaling adjustment, the game may think that Simon deserves the hardest thing it can throw at him which got changed from 395 to go screw yourself.

If it turns out it's actually the new scaling, well, good luck Simon.

Thing is, I was getting those maxed out nodes and I grinded every one of them to 1. It took hours instead of half an hour (so glad I had to go to bed and started the grind way too early.)

Had I known everyone else was going to struggle with the final grind, I would have done the overnight clear and played in the morning before work. Even after joining with 52 hours left in the 5th slice and doing totally suboptimal grinds and double taps, I managed to get 26th place, six places and 3,000 points out of getting that yellow nova cover.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scaling is screwed up for sure. The jump from round 3 to 4 is way out of whack and that Hood/Muscle Node is just unfair.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sweet Jebus, that Sniper icon_eek.gif
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hi everyone,

There is currently a confirmed issue affecting the scaling of minion enemies in the Galactus Hungers event. We apologize for the frustration some players have experienced. Demiurge are working on the the issue and seeing how quickly they can implement a fix. Here's word from the team:
      "There is a bug causing players to face enemies that were scaled much higher than what we intended for the Galactus Hungers event. Unfortunately, we will be unable to change the minions that players are currently facing in the event. We are looking into the next event to see if we can address the unintended scaling issue. We hope to address this and will get back to you once we know."

Thank you.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a red-letter day! Thanks for the update David.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Galactus events are like star trek movies, odd numbered suck, even ones good icon_e_smile.gif
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    It certainly keeps things exciting around here... I'm interested in fighting a level 667 goon squad just to see how well my regular strategies cope!
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Glad to hear it's unintended. I got wrecked.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]There is currently a confirmed issue affecting the scaling of minion enemies in the Galactus Hungers event.
    So does this mean that the scaling of Galactus himself is intentional? What kind of **** is that, in an event where health=score?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

There is currently a confirmed issue affecting the scaling of minion enemies in the Galactus Hungers event. We apologize for the frustration some players have experienced. Demiurge are working on the the issue and seeing how quickly they can implement a fix. Here's word from the team:
      "There is a bug causing players to face enemies that were scaled much higher than what we intended for the Galactus Hungers event. Unfortunately, we will be unable to change the minions that players are currently facing in the event. We are looking into the next event to see if we can address the unintended scaling issue. We hope to address this and will get back to you once we know."

Thank you.
    OK, so you're going to give everyone all the rewards, right? Right?

How about you just turn scaling off, like it was before the noon EST reset?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was wondering about the scaling. I mean...I've not got level 600+ goons, thankfully. I did notice a huge jump though, round 5 they were about 35-55, then suddenly in round 6 they're 167 or there abouts. Seemed like a strange jump.

I guess I should be thankful it's only 100 levels.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

Thank you.

so simple put

NO HULKBUSTER FOR YOU
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    This is where I'd mention the obvious lack of testing, but I've been assured that it happens, so I won't...

Just imagine how bad this would be if they didn't test! icon_rolleyes.gif

Regards,
    Cypr3ss
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Does this mean my Hulk node has this whopper? It shows opponents as between 144-395. Wondering if I should even bother trying that one.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Does this mean my Hulk node has this whopper? It shows opponents as between 144-395. Wondering if I should even bother trying that one.

I'm curious about that one too. Still waiting for the big head countdown to end for one Galactus fight before I start the new minion clear. Of course the near 200 level hood/kingpin/doom node doesn't look like much fun either.
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Tatercat wrote:

I'm curious about that one too. Still waiting for the big head countdown to end for one Galactus fight before I start the new minion clear. Of course the near 200 level hood/kingpin/doom node doesn't look like much fun either.

Just did that node and I lucked out and somehow managed to beat it. The first wave is about 8 Turn to Smoke ninjas that by the end of it do like 2k damage with their move per turn, sigh. Afterwords it's a standalone Eddie Brock.
    Only managed to defeat it due to a team up of GSBW destroying all those attack tiles and using Scarlet Witch to (almost) perm-stun Venom. God these nodes are viscious.
  • I actually found the ridiculously scaled 8 ninja/brock node to be the most fun match I've had in a while. It's odd tough matchups like this that make me look foward to gauntlet.

Managed it with Invisible Woman (of all people) making Torch and Hulk invisible, spamming shields so attack tiles don't **** me, and force bubbling any that can't be matched. From there use Torch Green and sit back as Brock flails pointlessly.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    JordonLee wrote:
    Tatercat wrote:

Just did that node and I lucked out and somehow managed to beat it. The first wave is about 8 Turn to Smoke ninjas that by the end of it do like 2k damage with their move per turn, sigh. Afterwords it's a standalone Eddie Brock.
    Only managed to defeat it due to a team up of GSBW destroying all those attack tiles and using Scarlet Witch to (almost) perm-stun Venom. God these nodes are viscious.

NOW I remember that node, it used to be Gorgon at the end. Thanks for the heads up!
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Guys its ok, 667 is in the ballpark of 395 icon_e_biggrin.gif