Why are we seeing lv667 opponents in Galactus?

Comments

• xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]"Unfortunately, we will be unable to change the minions that players are currently facing in the event.

We are looking into the next event to see if we can address the unintended scaling issue. We hope to address this and will get back to you once we know."

Thank you.
    Wait, wait, wait. Hold the tinykitty phone. This scaling didn't exist from the start of the event. It suddenly appeared today and you're saying you can't turn it off? Then how did it get turned on in the middle of an event in the first place? That switch doesn't work both ways? Much like an overpriced ISO purchase, I'm having a hard time buying that one.
  • Tatercat wrote:
    JordonLee wrote:
    Tatercat wrote:
    Does this mean my Hulk node has this whopper? It shows opponents as between 144-395. Wondering if I should even bother trying that one.

I'm curious about that one too. Still waiting for the big head countdown to end for one Galactus fight before I start the new minion clear. Of course the near 200 level hood/kingpin/doom node doesn't look like much fun either.

Just did that node and I lucked out and somehow managed to beat it. The first wave is about 8 Turn to Smoke ninjas that by the end of it do like 2k damage with their move per turn, sigh. Afterwords it's a standalone Eddie Brock.
    Only managed to defeat it due to a team up of GSBW destroying all those attack tiles and using Scarlet Witch to (almost) perm-stun Venom. God these nodes are viscious.

NOW I remember that node, it used to be Gorgon at the end. Thanks for the heads up!

Venom is easier than Gorgon as he can't use the stored Red. So as long as you ignore just how much HP he has you'll be fine
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]"Unfortunately, we will be unable to change the minions that players are currently facing in the event.

We are looking into the next event to see if we can address the unintended scaling issue. We hope to address this and will get back to you once we know."

Thank you.
    Wait, wait, wait. Hold the tinykitty phone. This scaling didn't exist from the start of the event. It suddenly appeared today and you're saying you can't turn it off? Then how did it get turned on in the middle of an event in the first place? That switch doesn't work both ways? Much like an overpriced ISO purchase, I'm having a hard time buying that one.

I don't think it got turned on in the middle, but rather was there from the start. Just the earlier rounds were set to be really low level fights so we didnt notice.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    I'd bet that if all the nodes accidentally became really easy that it would be fixed before the next event
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    "There is a bug causing players to face enemies that were scaled much higher than what we intended for the Galactus Hungers event"

So in other words, we weren't supposed to see 667th level enemies until next week.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    So...level 700 galactus in match. 3000+ damage per cosmic tile per turn. If you don't have a win finite setup done by turn 3 you're dead. Galactus 1 all over again. Thanks D3! Just what I always wanted.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I'm in round 8 and I just fought a 56k Galactus, but I only got the points for a 32k galactus. Is this part of the scaling bug and do we need to submit a ticket for compensation issues?
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just free Hulkbusters for everyone. No need to fix scaling. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    I was beginning to think that this would be the first error problem free ultron/galatus event...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Best part of this?

Only the levels of the side nodes are acknowledged to be buggy.
    Apparently Galactus being advertised as Level 350, but actually being Level 478 is working as intended, as is the lower points payout.

Thanks, Demi!
  • kaelad
    kaelad Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    I thought this was just a problem for the vets. I'm on day 112 and my highest leveled characters are some champed, boosted 2* (OBW and Wolvie) in the 160s. I too noticed a big jump in the level of the baddies in those side missions. I just checked the mission that requires The Hulk and it's 2 waves with a level range of 84-315.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    HqH4Jmp.png?1

yeah thanks

fyi - Champed 3* and a bunch of 5* that haven't been levelled.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    kaelad wrote:
    I thought this was just a problem for the vets. I'm on day 112 and my highest leveled characters are some champed, boosted 2* (OBW and Wolvie) in the 160s. I too noticed a big jump in the level of the baddies in those side missions. I just checked the mission that requires The Hulk and it's 2 waves with a level range of 84-315.

That's probably intended. It's one node of goons, and then a second note against one playable character.
  • This is worse than server issues, at least when they were fixed you could play okay... but is this actually going to be fixed? Or is it a wait until the next patch fix...
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    Wow man, I was having so much fun in the first rounds of this event and now this. And it is obvious all of this is related with the R93. I played the first rounds in R92 and the scaling of the nodes was super low, then I applied the patch and voila! they went from level 70-80 to 200.

My scaling is not that bad because I still have my OML and SS without leveling (I am winning some iso to level both iceman and OML at the same time in one go), so my max level is Jean 273 and XForce (buffed this one to 354) and my enemies are still around 230-250 level in Round7 (well maybe it is not that because XForce is buffed to 354 ...). I guess round 8 will be worse.

PS: Level 704 Galaktus, OMG!!! And If you beat it you just get 30k instead of 54k ... that is hilarious icon_razz.gif
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    kaelad wrote:
    That's a special case. It's seven Teisatsu in the first wave and then solo Eddie Venom on the last wave. Just have a Stun ready for Venom and it isn't as bad as it looks. He can't use Red so it takes him a long time to fire off any abilities in any case. He does have a lot of hit points, though.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why does high scaling still exist in this game in any form? The admins used to claim it was a by product of folks using Spiderman, Magneto and Ragnorak. Now all those cheap endless moves have been changed shouldn't have the upper tier scaling been removed long ago?
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scaling has been the worst thing to happen to PvE ever.
    The countless people I've heard getting burned out and quit playing PvE because of it is off the chart.
    I don't know why they're still keeping it. I really don't. icon_neutral.gif

yiqk3.jpg

I'll be kind of shocked if they don't offer some kind of compensation... but I wouldn't be surprised. Sadly - if you know what I mean. icon_e_confused.gif
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Twysta wrote:
    I'll be kind of shocked if they don't offer some kind of compensation... but I wouldn't be surprised. Sadly - if you know what I mean. icon_e_confused.gif
    Moonstoken for everyone!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    HqH4Jmp.png?1

yeah thanks

fyi - Champed 3* and a bunch of 5* that haven't been levelled.

Wow, my Galactus is Lv 704 as well! What's crazy is that he has 56K hitpoints, yet if I somehow manage to beat him, I only win around 32K points.

He shows up as lv 400 when I first click on the node, but then within the battle himself, his level jumps up to 704. It doesn't seem fair that if I've worked hard to get strong characters, the game should not only punish me with crushing difficulty and also not give me any better reward, such as more points, iso, cp, hp etc.

This is why so many people soft-cap!!! Scaling drives us all nuts!