Why are we seeing lv667 opponents in Galactus?

Comments

• Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    HqH4Jmp.png?1

The face of customer service reading everyone's Bug/Help Tickets.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    This is why so many people soft-cap!!! Scaling drives us all nuts!

Galactus doesn't scale. He's gonna be level 704 regardless of what your roster looks like.
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler

Galactus doesn't scale. He's gonna be level 704 regardless of what your roster looks like.

Then please explain why several of us within the same alliance are seeing different values for level and health during the same round?
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    blinktag wrote:

Then please explain why several of us within the same alliance are seeing different values for level and health during the same round?

First I've heard of this. More data needed, if you would be so kind.

Roster average of people involved.
    How many times successfully completed galactus for each person.
    Round.
    Level and hp of galactus.

Screen shots would be helpful if you have them. Thanks.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    blinktag wrote:

Someone didn't update to R93? Someone's lying? The event is borked?

I'm going based on how it should work (based on previous runs), not what it's doing. But yeah, screenshots would help, because so far I've seen nothing but level 704 in round 8.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    blinktag wrote:

Someone didn't update to R93? Someone's lying? The event is borked?

I'm going based on how it should work (based on previous runs), not what it's doing. But yeah, screenshots would help, because so far I've seen nothing but level 704 in round 8.
    I suspect option 3. I have updated to R93, and I haven't faced a level 704 Galactus yet. Fingers crossed...
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Quebbster wrote:
    I suspect option 3. I have updated to R93, and I haven't faced a level 704 Galactus yet. Fingers crossed...

What level is your Galactus in round 8? How much health does he have?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:

I'm only in round 7. That might explain the difference. Should hit 8 before the end of the event though...
  • Tatercat
    Quebbster wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

I'm only in round 7. That might explain the difference. Should hit 8 before the end of the event though...

Yeah, I'm in Round 6 right now and seeing lvl 354 Galactus (or around that number), so given the way scaling has been going the last 24 hours, a lvl 704 in Round 8 doesn't surprise me.

I saw on Monday night that some top alliances were already in Round 6 or 7. I'd be curious to see if anyone saw these kinds on of levels in those last few rounds during that first 24 hours.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm on Round 8, with the dreaded level 704 Galactus. It seems to be that way, no matter what your roster. Of course, this cannot be proven because those with lower level rosters can't get to Round 8 anyway...

Devs already posted elsewhere that some of the Galactus event stuff is bugged in regards to levels of opponents. What I don't think they realized is that the scaling issue would also effect Galactus himself.

This is from Page 3 of this thread:

Hi everyone,

There is currently a confirmed issue affecting the scaling of minion enemies in the Galactus Hungers event. We apologize for the frustration some players have experienced. Demiurge are working on the the issue and seeing how quickly they can implement a fix. Here's word from the team:

"There is a bug causing players to face enemies that were scaled much higher than what we intended for the Galactus Hungers event. Unfortunately, we will be unable to change the minions that players are currently facing in the event.

We are looking into the next event to see if we can address the unintended scaling issue. We hope to address this and will get back to you once we know."

Thank you.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Round 8. Turn 3, Hulk goes in front to tank the two CD's. Galactus cascades, Hulk dies. Lol. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

icon_cry.gif
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    And this is why the devs need a kick in the pants. If you had a bug benefiting the players on this scale, it would be hot fixed. Oh, lvl5 outer nodes and a lvl10 galactus throuh 8 rounds? Fixed!

Enemies scaling twice your highest character? Boosted characters not really being boosted? Um, hey, we will address it 3-4 updates from now.
  • Tatercat
    Ruinate wrote:
    Round 8. Turn 3, Hulk goes in front to tank the two CD's. Galactus cascades, Hulk dies. Lol. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

icon_cry.gif

Kinda makes me grateful my current Alliance probably won't make it past Round 7 (if that). Oh, well I should at least be able to make the LT progression reward with 2 more clears, which I know I can handle in Round 6.
  • Quebbster
    Tatercat wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:

icon_cry.gif

Kinda makes me grateful my current Alliance probably won't make it past Round 7 (if that). Oh, well I should at least be able to make the LT progression reward with 2 more clears, which I know I can handle in Round 6.
    My alliance will probably clear 7 but not 8, so I don't have to do more against uber-Galactus than I have to. Might send some onestars up against him just to reset the submissions...
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Between super-Galactus and only-works-sometimes PX, it's a wonder we're doing as well in this event as we are. I didn't even wonder why Galactus had 56k health. I assumed everything was working as intended.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly the number and impact of bugs in this game is getting atrocious. I only speak for myself, but I would rather YOU TAKE THE TIME TO TEST YOUR CHANGES before releasing updates rather than releasing updates every two weeks just to stay on a "schedule". The problem is that nearly every update seems to cause unforeseen issues and we do not want to be test subjects like we currently are now. I think the MPQ community would give you some slack in allowing more time for updates to appear if you have them be correct. In this event, the node levels are clearly out of whack compared to previous Galactus events. Scaling during playing is also terrible as I have seen 70+ level increases of nodes in a short period of time, that is far more than normal scaling in other PvEs. I understand that there are unintended consequences when releasing updates every once in a while, but nearly every update over the past few months has caused fairly significant play issues.
  • newton999
    newton999 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Instead of release Spider characters every 15 days, they should take time to fix all their stuff.

(and make a back to back to back Galactus with 3 new 4* !! Spider Gwen, Silk and SpiderHam... icon_e_biggrin.gif)
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apparently getting a new picture of Spider-man* on a pedestal was more important then doing play testing.

*Don't fix the character. Fix the picture. We'll never notice, right? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    The thing is, I was having no trouble beating Galactus round 6, other than the health pack usage. He was lvl 300, but actually lvl 334. He was wiping out hulk every time, but I killed it every time. We earned the Hulkbuster reward earlier today, which is great. I was struggling on some of the essential nodes, but didn't realise these were over scaled too.

However, in round 7 he is lvl 350 - a level I know I can beat, but actually in game he is 478. I can beat lvl 350, regularly, as proved in round 6. I wouldn't mind if I lost, because it was always a little close. I can't speak for all of my alliance, but judging by our scores since moving to round 7 I doubt we can complete this round.

I appreciate there is nothing that can be done while the event is running. I know I could beat round 7 if it was correctly at 350, and I'm confident my alliance could too - but we cannot now reach the second hulkbuster target, nor I think can I reach max progression.

Such a shame.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa wrote:
    Honestly the number and impact of bugs in this game is getting atrocious. I only speak for myself, but I would rather YOU TAKE THE TIME TO TEST YOUR CHANGES before releasing updates
    I agree, except the major things that got broken in this release (PvE scaling and PvP iso) are UNRELATED to any changes that were implemented in this release. That's the part that always astounds me.