New Galactus Hungers Details

Comments

• Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Anyone else having Galactus scale up?

Level 7 and he has 38k health but hes only giving 28k points. Thought it was 1 point per hp.
  • Wooodd wrote:

Level 7 and he has 38k health but hes only giving 28k points. Thought it was 1 point per hp.

noticed this too. has anyone seen if you can get full points by doing 28k damage even if you wipe after that?
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Wooodd wrote:

Yes same here.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    thanos8587 wrote:
    Wooodd wrote:

noticed this too. has anyone seen if you can get full points by doing 28k damage even if you wipe after that?

No I didn't want to risk my 20 iso reward by not killing him.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Buret0 wrote:
    Daredevil came out of nowhere for me. I sold mine after his last PvP.

...and of course he has to come up a couple of times before I manage to roster him again.
  • So 2 bugs we're aware of so far with Galactus:

1: He's not returning the same number of galactus points as his life is worth.
    2: Goon nodes are scaling to lvl 669 for some people.

Am I missing anything?
  • another bug, you dont get anything else than 2* heroes. language D3

Mod Edit: Language
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would you please stop punishing us on Galactus? There's no need for Cosmic Wrath to deal fatal damage on top of ending the match. Just end the match. Having teams die because the board isn't enough in the players favor is so demoralizing. It already takes another mission with whoever's alive to try again. Stop purposefully killing the characters. It's cruel and unnecessary.
  • Punatulkku wrote:
    another bug, you dont get anything else than 2* heroes.

I've actually had nothing but 3*s, but since all I want is Nova this hasn't helped.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Does D3 actually test the game before they start the event? Isn't this the 3rd run? I wish my job allowed me to screw up this much. "Oh by the way there is nothing they can do to fix it." HAhahahahahahah! Thx David
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nothing more rewarding than barely managing to win against a l704 Galactus, and getting 20 ISO for your efforts.
  • kaelad
    kaelad Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Wooodd wrote:

I saw that too. We're on round 6 and was so close to beating him. Had him down to 500 hit points before he reached 30 black AP. He's supposed to be level 300 but was actually 324 so I should have beat him.
  • Between Galactus at level 600 but should you pull a miracle out of the bag and beat him, you'll only get half the points owed, and Lightning rounds not giving any iso rewards anymore...

I don't see the point in playing with this patch. I'm not earning iso and I'm certainly not going to earn a Hulkbuster. Why bother turning Mpq on today?
  • TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    I beat one of the required missions but Galactus did not unlock. Has this happened to anyone else. Did another one and he unlocked.
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Pessi wrote:
    To be honest, they can't please all time zones and all in different slices of the previous event.

Actually they could..

For me, in the UK, the reset times mean I either stay awake until 1am to do a full clear or get up and do a full clear at 8am before it resets at 9am. For me with kids/job the latter is not an option.
    You don't get half an hour in the morning before 9 am to fit in a clear?
    How in the world do you play regular PVE?

Scheduling regular PVE clears is a pain, yes.
    But Galactus is about the most time-agnostic event possible (apart from Gauntlet) so... I don't know.

I get up at 5:30 am because I do have a job, so it's a bit hard to believe you don't have 30 minutes in the morning to do a clear.
    Quebbster wrote:
    He did mention having kids... There may not be much spare time at all in the morning.

Regular PvE I can plan more to my time schedule, I use the 5pm GMT slice, but actually clear from 6:30pm-7pm, giving me time to clear at 12pm before bed, giving 10 hours. I'm at work by 9:30am, so I can do a full clear at before 10, grind down at 4-5pm. Work allowing (my working day is flexible), i regularly finish top 20, and often top 10. It isn't optimal, but it does work.

I have a wife and 3 kids, so both of us prep breakfasts, get them dressed, as well as drop to school and drive myself the 45 minutes to work. I don't expect tiny violins playing, this is the life I chose and I love it.

My point was that this event is inflexible because of the lack of slices (something that was added to make the game more flexible) - all other PvE (except ultron) is flexible and I can work my life around it - which I do.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pessi wrote:
    clear at 12pm before bed
    I can do a full clear at before 10 (AM)
    grind down at 4-5pm

sounds like a reasonable galactus schedule to me? am I missing something?
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Yea...the part where scheduling a large chunk of one's day around a mobile match 3 game with grossly broken mechanics and scaling levels for a barely significant chance of getting something useful is considered "reasonable"
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    TxMoose wrote:
    Pessi wrote:
    clear at 12pm before bed
    grind down at 4-5pm

A full 8 hour reset between 1am and 9am perhaps?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pessi wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Pessi wrote:
    clear at 12pm before bed
    grind down at 4-5pm

A full 8 hour reset between 1am and 9am perhaps?

Depends on time zone... I am EST, resets at 8pm and 4am, so clearing at midnight and 10am would be just fine.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    TheXMan wrote:
    I beat one of the required missions but Galactus did not unlock. Has this happened to anyone else. Did another one and he unlocked.
    yeah, it happened to me as well. I submitted a report, but so far, no response. going to be VERY disappointed if this ends up messing up our alliance.