New Galactus Hungers Details

Comments

• Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Of course, the only HB power I have zero covers in is the LAST one being rewarded.

/tableflip
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    rbdragon wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

The Galactus Hungers event is on the way and we’d like to provide you with some details on a few changes and what’s on offer during the event arriving in early February. We hope you find the info helpful!

-The power “Cosmic Wrath” now destroys every tile on the board, deals 1,000,000 damage to the enemy team and wins the battle.

-Galactus and Ultron cannot be sent airborne.

-Various back-end performance optimizations were done for this run.

-The event will run in place of a normal PVE.

-Command Points have been added as rewards to the Galactus mission.
    (*Note: not the other missions that unlock the Galactus mission.)

• Alliance Round Point Targets:
      Round 1 - 90,000 Round 2 - 150,000 Round 3 - 390,000 Round 4 - 985,000 Round 5 - 1,970,000 Round 6 - 3,000,000 Round 7 - 4,400,000 Round 8 - 5,900,000

• Alliance Round Point Rewards:
      Round 1 - Galactus Hungers Token Round 2 - Galactus Hungers Token Round 3 - Galactus Hungers Token Round 4 - Magneto (Classic) Blue Cover Round 5 - Galactus Hungers Token Round 6 - Iron Man (Hulkbuster) Red Cover Round 7 - Iron Man (Hulkbuster) Blue Cover Round 8 - Iron Man (Hulkbuster) Black Cover

Ummmm - didn't Cosmic Wrath always destroy every tile and deal 1,000,000 damage to the team?

And why is a random Magneto cover thrown in there for the round point rewards between the token rewards? Not saying I don't want it or anything - just seems....well, random - especially for round 4 instead of round 5...

Anyway - I personally will be looking forward to this event - I just wish it was going along with a normal PVE instead of in place of one.
    I'm guessing Hulkbuster and Magneto will be essential characters in the next PvE...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    rbdragon wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

The Galactus Hungers event is on the way and we’d like to provide you with some details on a few changes and what’s on offer during the event arriving in early February. We hope you find the info helpful!

-The power “Cosmic Wrath” now destroys every tile on the board, deals 1,000,000 damage to the enemy team and wins the battle.

-Galactus and Ultron cannot be sent airborne.

-The event will run in place of a normal PVE.

-Command Points have been added as rewards to the Galactus mission.
    (*Note: not the other missions that unlock the Galactus mission.)

• Alliance Round Point Targets:
      Round 1 - 90,000 Round 2 - 150,000 Round 3 - 390,000 Round 4 - 985,000 Round 5 - 1,970,000 Round 6 - 3,000,000 Round 7 - 4,400,000 Round 8 - 5,900,000

• Alliance Round Point Rewards:
      Round 1 - Galactus Hungers Token Round 2 - Galactus Hungers Token Round 3 - Galactus Hungers Token Round 4 - Magneto (Classic) Blue Cover Round 5 - Galactus Hungers Token Round 6 - Iron Man (Hulkbuster) Red Cover Round 7 - Iron Man (Hulkbuster) Blue Cover Round 8 - Iron Man (Hulkbuster) Black Cover

Ummmm - didn't Cosmic Wrath always destroy every tile and deal 1,000,000 damage to the team?

And why is a random Magneto cover thrown in there for the round point rewards between the token rewards? Not saying I don't want it or anything - just seems....well, random - especially for round 4 instead of round 5...

Anyway - I personally will be looking forward to this event - I just wish it was going along with a normal PVE instead of in place of one.
    I'm guessing Hulkbuster and Magneto will be essential characters in the next PvE...

That;s normally how it works! Not to mention Galactus tokens tend to be yummy, and Nova will be in them!!!
  • Krongle
    Krongle Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Really looking forward to this. Galactus 2 was a load of fun, and this go around doesn't seem to be any worse! Genuinely one of my favorite events after they fixed it.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm afraid that Nova will be a Required character, which is a little unfair to all the people who are playing the slices that won't have him as a reward until after the first 8 hour cycle.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    I'm afraid that Nova will be a Required character, which is a little unfair to all the people who are playing the slices that won't have him as a reward until after the first 8 hour cycle.
    So these players will not be locked out for 8hrs at a time because they cleared all the nodes icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Guys,

Regarding the airborne thing, if you look at Nova's red - he specifically sends the opponent airborne - not sure why he doesn't just stun, but it is what it is.
    So my guess is that the airborne comment was *specifically* against Nova's red. He is probably an essential then icon_e_smile.gif
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    mindsuckr wrote:
    Will this be version 1 Galactus, version 2 Galactus, or a mix of the two?

The health stats match version 1 Galactus.
  • Quebbster
    rkd80 wrote:
    Guys,

Regarding the airborne thing, if you look at Nova's red - he specifically sends the opponent airborne - not sure why he doesn't just stun, but it is what it is.
    So my guess is that the airborne comment was *specifically* against Nova's red. He is probably an essential then icon_e_smile.gif
    So we'll face Ultron too? :p
    I think it's more that Nova is in the game than any essential status that prompted this.
    Besides, you don't have to bring the essential characters to the Galactus fight...
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    So we can reasonably assume Nova is the 4* essential. At first I thought Magneto reward meant he'd be the 3*, but more likely that's for the next PVE. Now the 2* is what I'm wondering about because if it's Moonstone, Hawkeye or Bullseye (or Bags, but they wouldn't ... right?), I'm in a little trouble. Better start hoarding those covers...
  • Quebbster
    So we can reasonably assume Nova is the 4* essential. At first I thought Magneto reward meant he'd be the 3*, but more likely that's for the next PVE. Now the 2* is what I'm wondering about because if it's Moonstone, Hawkeye or Bullseye (or Bags, but they wouldn't ... right?), I'm in a little trouble. Better start hoarding those covers...
    It should be Iron Fist and Astonishing Wolverine...
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    The Galactus event starts before the Nova event finishes so i don't really see how Nova can be an essential for this. That would be about 2 refreshes into the event surely for those in s5, surely that's beyond D3.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    My Galactus token page from last event shows Nova, Iron Fist and 2* wolvie.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Has any consideration been given to the fact that, because Nova's first essential event will be Galactus, nobody will have a promo node to play around with a fully-covered loaner?
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Jam_Adams wrote:

what does this mean?

It means they either re-coded parts of the event or added new hardware to make it easier on their server infrastructure. Net result should be that the event is less likely to bring down their servers.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Yeessssssss! More informative posts like this, this is PRECISELY what we have been clambering for for months!

*Clamouring
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    wonder if there are any side battles?
  • Why does the 4* essential have to be the new release?? That was depressing with Cyclops as not having him meant I couldn't contribute... Please rethink this
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Lol...so nova is the 4* essential, and the event starts before the hunt ends for 3 of the 5 time slices. Guess everyone in slice 3-5 gets to miss out on several of the initial battles and their rewards huh? Unbelievable...
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Lol...so nova is the 4* essential, and the event starts before the hunt ends for 3 of the 5 time slices. Guess everyone in slice 3-5 gets to miss out on several of the initial battles and their rewards huh? Unbelievable...

I play in slice 5, I won't have a Nova until 14 hours after the event starts. That's some ****.

Do the Devs put any thought into anything they do?