New Galactus Hungers Details

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone,

The Galactus Hungers event is on the way and we’d like to provide you with some details on a few changes and what’s on offer during the event arriving in early February. We hope you find the info helpful!

-The power “Cosmic Wrath” now destroys every tile on the board, deals 1,000,000 damage to the enemy team and wins the battle.

-Galactus and Ultron cannot be sent airborne.

-Various back-end performance optimizations were done for this run.

-The event will run in place of a normal PVE.

-Command Points have been added as rewards to the Galactus mission.
(*Note: not the other missions that unlock the Galactus mission.)

• Alliance Round Point Targets:
    Round 1 - 90,000 Round 2 - 150,000 Round 3 - 390,000 Round 4 - 985,000 Round 5 - 1,970,000 Round 6 - 3,000,000 Round 7 - 4,400,000 Round 8 - 5,900,000

• Alliance Round Point Rewards:
    Round 1 - Galactus Hungers Token Round 2 - Galactus Hungers Token Round 3 - Galactus Hungers Token Round 4 - Magneto (Classic) Blue Cover Round 5 - Galactus Hungers Token Round 6 - Iron Man (Hulkbuster) Red Cover Round 7 - Iron Man (Hulkbuster) Blue Cover Round 8 - Iron Man (Hulkbuster) Black Cover

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Yeessssssss! More informative posts like this, this is PRECISELY what we have been clambering for for months!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    so this runs Monday- thursday starting at noon est time.. going to put a damper on those in slice 3 .,4 and 5 for the pve that is running now...

nice blue cover been wanting that for months and BOOM i get 3 this week lol

Please run more types of these events and do mostly away with the pve we see today

maybe even run these along the side of normal pve so people can choose what they want to do

are tokens normal or vault type
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Essential character list please
  • mindsuckr
    mindsuckr Posts: 154
    Will this be version 1 Galactus, version 2 Galactus, or a mix of the two?
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Galactus and Ultron can't be sent airborne? Does this mean they'll be playable characters then?
  • Galactus confirmed for the first 6* icon_e_surprised.gif
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

The Galactus Hungers event is on the way and we’d like to provide you with some details on a few changes and what’s on offer during the event arriving in early February. We hope you find the info helpful!

-The power “Cosmic Wrath” now destroys every tile on the board, deals 1,000,000 damage to the enemy team and wins the battle.

-Galactus and Ultron cannot be sent airborne.

-The event will run in place of a normal PVE.

-Command Points have been added as rewards to the Galactus mission.
    (*Note: not the other missions that unlock the Galactus mission.)

• Alliance Round Point Targets:
      Round 1 - 90,000 Round 2 - 150,000 Round 3 - 390,000 Round 4 - 985,000 Round 5 - 1,970,000 Round 6 - 3,000,000 Round 7 - 4,400,000 Round 8 - 5,900,000

• Alliance Round Point Rewards:
      Round 1 - Galactus Hungers Token Round 2 - Galactus Hungers Token Round 3 - Galactus Hungers Token Round 4 - Magneto (Classic) Blue Cover Round 5 - Galactus Hungers Token Round 6 - Iron Man (Hulkbuster) Red Cover Round 7 - Iron Man (Hulkbuster) Blue Cover Round 8 - Iron Man (Hulkbuster) Black Cover

Ummmm - didn't Cosmic Wrath always destroy every tile and deal 1,000,000 damage to the team?

And why is a random Magneto cover thrown in there for the round point rewards between the token rewards? Not saying I don't want it or anything - just seems....well, random - especially for round 4 instead of round 5...

Anyway - I personally will be looking forward to this event - I just wish it was going along with a normal PVE instead of in place of one.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Are alliances locked-in as they were before?
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Are alliances locked-in as they were before?

with no scrollable leaderboards?
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    rbdragon wrote:
    Ummmm - didn't Cosmic Wrath always destroy every tile and deal 1,000,000 damage to the team?

I never tried it, but couldn't Colossus send a team member airborne and survive Cosmic Wrath before? Now it auto wins the match, which would negate that.
  • fmftint
    Akari wrote:
    rbdragon wrote:

I never tried it, but couldn't Colossus send a team member airborne and survive Cosmic Wrath before? Now it auto wins the match, which would negate that.
    You could in early rounds, but collecting enough black ap to pull it off in later rounds is practically impossible
  • nexus13
    nexus13 Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    I wish the first few rounds had higher alliance point targets. The previous times my alliance ran through the first several rounds so fast I didn't have a shot at any of the individual node rewards on some of the rounds.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker

what does this mean?
  • fmftint
    Jam_Adams wrote:

what does this mean?
    Guessing somethingto do with force quitting
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    nexus13 wrote:
    I wish the first few rounds had higher alliance point targets. The previous times my alliance ran through the first several rounds so fast I didn't have a shot at any of the individual node rewards on some of the rounds.

As I recall, this shouldn't be an issue for galactus. The unlock nodes only reset on the timer, not upon completion of every round anymore.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    For this run will players be locked out for 8 hours or will we be able to play once the next level of Galactus is unlocked?
    Also will Nova be the required 4*?
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    wymtime wrote:
    For this run will players be locked out for 8 hours or will we be able to play once the next level of Galactus is unlocked?

And if so (nova), will his essential nodes be designed with the fact that nobody will have him well-covered kept in mind?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:

Oh God, I'd forgotten that bit.
    Yes, PLEASE change the way that functioned. Nothing worse than waiting forever, wasting valuable time, because you didn't beat him at the right time. In the last run my alliance all held back at the same time, too afraid of doing that last 1000 damage to him because the timing was wrong and they didn't want to waste turns if two of us did it at the same time.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jam_Adams wrote:

what does this mean?

That you're going to take it up the back-end from Big Purple in a much smoother way in the later rounds of the event. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    rbdragon wrote:
    And why is a random Magneto cover thrown in there for the round point rewards between the token rewards? Not saying I don't want it or anything - just seems....well, random - especially for round 4 instead of round 5...

Because of this.