New Galactus Hungers Details

Comments

• slidecage wrote:
    Please run more types of these events and do mostly away with the pve we see today

maybe even run these along the side of normal pve so people can choose what they want to do

Boss events are fun, but the problem before was that they ran parallel with another PvE. That was too much MPQ. I'm glad no additional PvE runs now. Thank you, D3.

PvE in general is fine. Except Heroic. I like to skip those now. New PvE stories added every few months is nice. Although the symbiotes PvE was pretty brutal.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    RoboDuck wrote:
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Lol...so nova is the 4* essential, and the event starts before the hunt ends for 3 of the 5 time slices. Guess everyone in slice 3-5 gets to miss out on several of the initial battles and their rewards huh? Unbelievable...

I play in slice 5, I won't have a Nova until 14 hours after the event starts. That's some ****.

Do the Devs put any thought into anything they do?
    Of course they put thought into it.
    The thought was "people will buy more token packs this way."

Looking forward to seeing if these "back end improvements" will actually let me play the final hours of s3 of The Hunt.
    If not, shortest end grind ever.

Now that I think about it, please just let your servers crash, as usual.
    Thank you.
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    I must be missing it somewhere - what's the duration?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Looking forward to seeing if these "back end improvements" will actually let me play the final hours of s3 of The Hunt.
    If not, shortest end grind ever.

Now that I think about it, please just let your servers crash, as usual.
    Thank you.
    I wonder if most players in our bracket are going to grind early due to this..? icon_lol.gif

I'm actually willing to wait and see, but I noticed some of them are already double clearing on the 2nd clear.. perhaps they've got the right idea.. (We should be okay if the crash doesn't last longer than 1 hour and 50 minutes, shouldn't we?)
    Nobody that matters in our bracket is grinding early, sadly.
    Way too many people in there who know what they're doing. As always.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey, I've got a crazy idea. Before we work ourselves into a lather about Nova as the 4* essential character before his launch event finishes, maybe we should...and I know this is crazy-talk...wait until the **** event starts. Cuz you know, it might not be the case! HOLY ****!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    Hey, I've got a crazy idea. Before we work ourselves into a lather about Nova as the 4* essential character before his launch event finishes, maybe we should...and I know this is crazy-talk...wait until the tinykitty event starts. Cuz you know, it might not be the case! HOLY tinykitty!
    The preview for Galactus does say Nova is essential. On the other hand, we don't know how much of the event is unavailable if you don't have a Nova - is it just one submission? Two? We'll see in six hours...
    I'm in slice 3 of The Hunt, so my plan is to do as many missions as possible early on and save the Nova mission(s) until The Hunt has ended. I realize not everyone is that lucky though.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Speaking of crazy ideas, I'd have ran big g back to back. Ran nova as rewards for first, essential for second. I'd have probably slipped a nova 4* event in somewhere too, in the style of antman or cho.

But alas we can't have nice things as people like to buy cover packs. To those people I say, may the odds never be in your favour icon_e_smile.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    I'm actually willing to wait and see, but I noticed some of them are already double clearing on the 2nd clear.. perhaps they've got the right idea.. (We should be okay if the crash doesn't last longer than 1 hour and 50 minutes, shouldn't we?)

This is probably just people like me who can't do the grind at 7am because of work/kids, so it's better to double at night than miss it entirely.

Aside from the essential, Galactus doesn't really interfere with the PvE, if you time it right.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    4 minutes until the game stops working...
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Clear.

Comm Link Disrupted.

1 CP!

Score comes up as 0.

Hard server refresh. Score still 0.

Nova a RC in the first round, even though my Hunt doesn't end for 14 hours.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sho 'nuff, nova is required. I'll get mine in 14 hours. No big deal right?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    STILL no scrolling leaderboards...
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Didn't get any points for my first big G win. And now after beating all the nodes I'm locked out of round 2. Working as usual.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    STILL no scrolling leaderboards...

They scroll! Check the alliance tab
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    Please run more types of these events and do mostly away with the pve we see today

maybe even run these along the side of normal pve so people can choose what they want to do

Boss events are fun, but the problem before was that they ran parallel with another PvE. That was too much MPQ. I'm glad no additional PvE runs now. Thank you, D3.

PvE in general is fine. Except Heroic. I like to skip those now. New PvE stories added every few months is nice. Although the symbiotes PvE was pretty brutal.

why there is now nothing to do for 8 hours you play 30 mins and then nothing
  • does the whole alliance get the rewards for each round cleared or only those that participated in the round itself?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

How is that different from a normal pve where you do a clear and then wait 8 hours before the next one?
  • slidecage
    udonomefoo wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

How is that different from a normal pve where you do a clear and then wait 8 hours before the next one?

if you wanted you could grind all at the start or do double hits ....just saying be nice if there was another PVE running along the side of this Or at least a PVE that you could use your new NOVA that you worked so hard to get.

i mean next pve hulkbuster and mag will be needed and what everyone will have will just be a major fight
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    slidecage wrote:
    if you wanted you could grind all at the start or do double hits ....just saying be nice if there was another PVE running along the side of this Or at least a PVE that you could use your new NOVA that you worked so hard to get.

i mean next pve hulkbuster and mag will be needed and what everyone will have will just be a major fight
    You could use the time to grind away in S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator... less than 7 days left and lots of progression rewards.
  • slidecage
    slidecage wrote:

You could use the time to grind away in S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator... less than 7 days left and lots of progression rewards.

never could see a reason in doing sheild anymore.. rewards are not that great or i dont need them and it would not really effect my season score....... at least it gives me time to watch tv icon_e_smile.gif woo 4 season of supernatual on my dvr i need to clear