Patch Notes - R93 (02/01/16)

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    r93 is available in the Google Play store.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    After downloading R93
    - Fixed a bug where character buffs were being incorrectly calculated. All buffs (Weekly, Event and New Hero) should be working as intended now.

So what exactly was a bug? Everything seems the same as in R92.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Someone had complained that boosted 4*s weren't as high level as they had been in the past. Maybe that's what it means?

Bonus: new classic spidey artwork!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lukoil wrote:
    After downloading R93
    - Fixed a bug where character buffs were being incorrectly calculated. All buffs (Weekly, Event and New Hero) should be working as intended now.

Yep, jumped to check exactly this. So it either wasn't actually fixed, or as feared, the bug (which nature they never deign to clarify ) was something else and these values are intended and will stay like this. Hi-Fi?
  • johnnyzero
    johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
    "- PVP events: multiple opponents are no longer skipped when pressing the "Skip" button quickly."

RIP Ghost-skipping (atleast for Android anyways)
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Lukoil wrote:
    After downloading R93

Yep, jumped to check exactly this. So it either wasn't actually fixed, or as feared, the bug (which nature they never deign to clarify ) was something else and these values are intended and will stay like this. Hi-Fi?

If there was a buff for a championed character it didn't apply the buff correctly making the championed character weaker instead of stronger. This is now fixed.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    You guys may have fixed the 3*s, but the buffed 4*s look totally broken now. Please don't tell me that you gave Carnage 28k health and a 9k attack for 7 AP on purpose...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    You guys may have fixed the 3*s, but the buffed 4*s look totally broken now. Please don't tell me that you gave Carnage 28k health and a 9k attack for 7 AP on purpose...
    Oh, and in PvE, my buffed JG also has 28k health, and her Purple does 8k AOE. Are you guys for real??
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Lukoil wrote:
    After downloading R93

If there was a buff for a championed character it didn't apply the buff correctly making the championed character weaker instead of stronger. This is now fixed.

Uh? Not fixed. My buffed Black Panther deals 4.3k damage with RotP. It used to deal 5.5k
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    4cyc - 246 buffed to 317, 20k health, redflag.png now does 7,367/16,191, blueflag.png 4,249

So the 4s and 5s got 25% stronger with the changes and the 3s got 25% weaker? I don't understand this at all.
  • JamesV
    JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Those 4 star buffs/bugs sound utterly terrifying and I'm sure they will lead me to have a positive play experience. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    udonomefoo wrote:
    4cyc - 246 buffed to 317, 20k health, redflag.png now does 7,367/16,191, blueflag.png 4,249

So the 4s and 5s got 25% stronger with the changes and the 3s got 25% weaker? I don't understand this at all.

What don't you understand about the need to buy more cover packs until you get more 4 and 5 stars? I don't think they could've made it any clearer!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

What don't you understand about the need to buy more cover packs until you get more 4 and 5 stars? I don't think they could've made it any clearer!
    But where do you get the 2MM ISO to level them?
  • Lukoil
    wymtime wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

But where do you get the 2MM ISO to level them?
    Pffff, just buy them for 2,5k$!
  • Lukoil
    edited February 2016
    simonsez wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Oh, and in PvE, my buffed JG also has 28k health, and her Purple does 8k AOE. Are you guys for real??
    Loaner though got nerfed (175 lvl). Before R93 green dealt 4k damage. Now only 2,5k....
    Not a big deal but interesting tinny kitty fact
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

Shhh...you're gonna ruin it.
  • Lukoil
    simonsez wrote:
    It will be the easiest ProfessorX DDQ....yeah....
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lukoil wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    It will be the easiest ProfessorX DDQ....yeah....
    that one's not 'boosted' with carnage. just standard maxed. 270 didn't get adjusted did it? my hb didn't. iTunes app store has it for apple btw. jean looks crazy.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    If only there were some way to communicate what exactly the bug was and what changes have been made and what they hope to accomplish with the buffs, etc. I wish there were some way of conveying ideas from one person to another, or even lots of people. I bet if someone invented this sort of technique they'd be rich.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    edited February 2016
    My unfinished Blade has 94 levels up when boosted in the Hunt.

My boosted to 235 Blade (regular 141 Blade) (3/5/5) does:
    12188 health 83/74/65/43 match damage 4.5x multiplier when boosted.
    7394 health 72/64/56/38 match damage 4.5x multiplier when unboosted.
    blackflag.png 1269 boosted; 1009 unboosted
    purpleflag.png attack tiles of 444+122 per strike tile boosted; 352+96 unboosted.
    greenflag.png 68 damage strike tiles boosted; 53 damage strike tiles unboosted.

My championed Jean has 90 levels up when boosted in the Hunt.

My boosted to 362 Jean (regular 272 Jean) (5/5/3) does:
    26944 health 158/140/123/80 match damage 3.5x multiplier when boosted.
    14168 health 83/74/65/43 match damage (the same as a max 3*?) 3.5x multiplier when unboosted.
    purpleflag.png 7519 boosted; 3948 unboosted
    blueflag.png 4021 damage boosted;2113 damage unboosted.
    greenflag.png 2727 + 210 strength tiles boosted;1433 damage unboosted + 110 strength tiles.

Well, looks like boosted 4*s are going to be where they need to be to handle non-championed 5*s, maybe?
    3*s on the other hand... well... better make that transition sooner than later.