Patch Notes - R93 (02/01/16)

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Is Spider Gwen a rock star of any sort? I figure she'd be coming soon since they've done a big push on the spiderverse lately. I know little about her character other than she's the Optimus Prime of the Spiderverse.

Yeah, she's a in band called The Mary Janes.

Edge_of_Spider-Verse_2_Preview_1.jpg
    Also yeah, bring in Disco Dazzler. I figure they would since it's more iconic plus she is in A-Force

But she's only rocking that looking the Secret Wars tie-in. She's back to her moody look in the relaunch.
    Who was that character that was invented in the 90s, maybe...she was a singer and Stan Lee was her manager. She might have been an actress, but I think she was a singer. It definitely wasn't Dazzler. I had Shadowcat in my head, but I don't think it was her. I just remember Linkara reviewed her comic a few years back.

No clue. Only other singer I can think of is Rebecca Ryan from The Order and there's no reason they'd include her in this game. Though the book was fun.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Rebecca_Ryan_%28Earth-616%29
  • qvette
    qvette Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    there's Darla Deering too. She has a band plus also filled in for the Thing in the FF for a while.

I really doubt it tho, my guess is Spider-Gwen.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Avanlanche and Rictor are good choices.
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*snip

Isn't there something you're forgetting? You know, an actual improvement to the game? Like improving the scaling to the game so that people aren't completely **** by 5* characters way above the levels of other characters? Or is making changes that only bring you money your top priority?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    dider152 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*snip

Isn't there something you're forgetting? You know, an actual improvement to the game? Like improving the scaling to the game so that people aren't completely tinykitty by 5* characters way above the levels of other characters? Or is making changes that only bring you money your top priority?
    Pulled an OML blackflag.png today. That will give me two single cover 5*, I've been able to absorb my SS scaling increase with my boosted 3*, but my 4* aren't cover maxed yet (thus me pulling LT's to cover them)... I'm scared to add OML to my roster because I'm worried 2 255's will up my scaling without them being really useful to me yet.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    JVReal wrote:

Pulled an OML blackflag.png today. That will give me two single cover 5*, I've been able to absorb my SS scaling increase with my boosted 3*, but my 4* aren't cover maxed yet (thus me pulling LT's to cover them)... I'm scared to add OML to my roster because I'm worried 2 255's will up my scaling without them being really useful to me yet.

You should be just fine with your roster. The different between your 3*s being boosted and another 255 on your roster won't make a huge difference.
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    Am I the only one leaning toward Negasonic Teenage Warhead? Shes in the Deadpool movie which we all know is coming out soon and named after a song by Monster Magnet.
  • Dwarfsteel
    Dwarfsteel Posts: 55 Match Maker
    spccrain wrote:
    Am I the only one leaning toward Negasonic Teenage Warhead? Shes in the Deadpool movie which we all know is coming out soon and named after a song by Monster Magnet.

I can see where the name and the tie-in to the upcoming movie would make sense based on the hint, but I'm having a hard time thinking of how her abilities would tie into the game. While she's got a bad-**** name it does not reflect on what she can do. As far as I know, her abilities include telepathy and precognition. Not exactly awe inspiring abilities as it relates to this game.

They keep stating they're going to be releasing more "spider-verse" related characters for a while which leads me to believe it will be Spider-Gwen as she's in a band as others have stated.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    spccrain wrote:

I also mentioned here earlier. But Copycat is also in the Deadpool movie, and she is more popular and have connections with Apocalypse, Cable, Domino, etc.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    dider152 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*snip

Isn't there something you're forgetting? You know, an actual improvement to the game? Like improving the scaling to the game so that people aren't completely tinykitty by 5* characters way above the levels of other characters? Or is making changes that only bring you money your top priority?

More like ONLY priority.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Updated the preview notes with the info below. Apologies for not having this mentioned earlier. Demiurge let us know they were able to get this fix in for R93.

*Updated*- Fixed a bug where character buffs were being incorrectly calculated. All buffs (Weekly, Event and New Hero) should be working as intended now.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sweet!

(I'm guessing this means the update will be immediately mandatory upon release.)
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Updated the preview notes with the info below. Apologies for not having this mentioned earlier. Demiurge let us know they were able to get this fix in for R93.

*Updated*- Fixed a bug where character buffs were being incorrectly calculated. All buffs (Weekly, Event and New Hero) should be working as intended now.
    Thanks for the update on this!

We will now compare what we weren't sure exactly was bugged with what we aren't sure was fixed, so long as we know that the end result will be exactly what you intend it to be...
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Updated the preview notes with the info below. Apologies for not having this mentioned earlier. Demiurge let us know they were able to get this fix in for R93.

That's really good news. Timeframe for release, please? I was hoping today but seems unlikely now.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:

thanks for getting it in 93. that helps a ton. just to clarify - is both level AND ability strength adjusted? or just boosted levels? abilities were doing much less AND boosted levels were reduced. just trying to get straight what was able to be put into 93. thanks.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    David: Hey guys, the players are asking about which parts of the update were bugs and what was intended again, can you tell me about how that works so I can get them off my back

Demiurge: 150529160222-facebook-gif-12-custom-1.gif
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    - Teisatsu now properly activates "Turn to Smoke" when downed by an Attack tile.

Probably this two from one category....already "fixed". I still don't understand what was the bug for boosted characters. Change to scaling was the bug? Or buffs should not only increase level but also some other stuff?
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lukoil wrote:
    - Teisatsu now properly activates "Turn to Smoke" when downed by an Attack tile.

Probably this two from one category....already "fixed". I still don't understand what was the bug for boosted characters. Change to scaling was the bug? Or buffs should not only increase level but also some other stuff?

Were you absent from the forums and the game for two weeks? icon_eek.gif Buffed characters' ability damage was GREATLY reduced from their pre-R91 versions. (e.g. Embiggened Bash deals now only 4000 damage instead of 5k+)
  • IFORANI
    IFORANI Posts: 91
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - Additional fixes to the “Looking for resources” and “Device is not compatible with this version” issues.
    .[/list]

You ain't just going fly by with this one!

If "Device is not compatible with this version" was a Google Play issue and not D3 GO! problem. This is according from the ticket I filed with the top notch MPQ CLC you guys have in place. So what are you guys fixing? Either your just saying it to say it. Or I'm going sing loudly and proudly Liar Liar Pants on Fire!!!

I doubt a direct or indirect reply to this will be made but at least you've prepared me for it.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Lukoil wrote:

Were you absent from the forums and the game for two weeks? icon_eek.gif Buffed characters' ability damage was GREATLY reduced from their pre-R91 versions. (e.g. Embiggened Bash deals now only 4000 damage instead of 5k+)
    so scaling change was a bug? good to know. I thought it was intentional, it was even mentioned in R91 notes.
    I mean that those "bugs" to buffed characters are come due to scaling changes after max level (94/166/270). So if previously every level after max give you 10 damage increase, after sacling change it give only 5 damage imcrease. Of course this will affect buffed characters. So what exactly was a bug? Scaling? Or that buffs shoul not only increase level but also damage numbers beyound expected for that level?