Patch Notes - R93 (02/01/16)

Comments

• TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    udonomefoo wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Are you ready to rock?!

Xtreme Xmen Dazzler incoming! (probably not)

xtremexmen2-ii.jpg

tumblr_inline_mjkaweFpkc1qz4rgp.jpg

SHE WAS MY FIRST THOUGHT, TOO!!!!!
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Why there is nothing here about fixing championing scaling problem here in patch notes ??
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    - Enemy heroes now use Single-Target powers with AoE components when the last member of the Player’s team is invisible.

Can you explain what this means?

So, this would still be nice.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Phillipes wrote:
    Why there is nothing here about fixing championing scaling problem here in patch notes ??
    It is planned for R94
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38215&start=40#p472369
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Anything planned to fix 1-cover 5*s messing up 2*-3* players' scaling?
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Are you ready to rock?!

giphy.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    CNash wrote:
    Anything planned to fix 1-cover 5*s messing up 2*-3* players' scaling?

Fix it, Jesus.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    - Heroes who have an Area of Effect stun component will no longer stun a hero that is downed as the result of the AoE.

THANK YOU!
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Teisatsu now properly activates "Turn to Smoke" when downed by an Attack tile.

Boooooooooooooooooooooo. That was my favorite way to avoid that stupid ability.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Spider Gwen
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Are you ready to rock?!

4842560-daisy-johnson_quake.jpg

Fo Sho'
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Syeah, either Gwen or Daisy icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Are you ready to rock?!

Rock? As in...music? Dance? Fabulous outfits?

Please let it be Dazzler. For the love of God let it be Dazzler!
    And then bring in the rest of the A-Force.
    and then PLEASE don't round it off with 5* Singularity, I might just cry...
  • djvkool
    djvkool Posts: 47
    Medusa or Gorgon?
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    My guess is that the new character has somewhat of a connection with the new Deadpool movie which will be aired next month.

So I have 2 options for this:

1. Copycat (Vanessa Carlysle)
    She is first listed in the Deadpool's movie crew on IMDB, and her name is similar to Copy Cats, a 1988 rock album by Johnny Thunders and Patti Palladin.
    latest?cb=20060714203656

2. Negasonic Teenage Warhead (Ellie Phimister)
    despite not being popular, she appears to pair Colossus in Deadpool movie, and her name is taken from the 1995 single by Monster Magnet, which is also a rock band.

image-238.jpeg?resize=678%2C381

My bet is on Copycat though, and I think she could be a great addition to the game. She also have connections with Apocalypse, and that could pave the way to the next X-Men movie. She also can connect to Cable and Domino, which are characters who have been requested. Also an X-force member.
  • Woohoo, a whole host of changes:

- You are now able to claim multiple event rewards at once. -nice, love the summary for Facebook rewards
    - Heroes who have an Area of Effect stun component will no longer stun a hero that is downed as the result of the AoE. -Awesome news for Storm / Switch
    - Teisatsu now properly activates "Turn to Smoke" when downed by an Attack tile. Boooooooo! Anything that makes Ninjas better is baaaad
    - Enemy heroes now use Single-Target powers with AoE components when the last member of the Player’s team is invisible. -Out of curiosity will the Invisible character take the single target damage or the secondary damage?
    - Stunning a hero no longer sends them to the back of the team. -Good
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    STOPTHIS wrote:

Damn it, I knew there was a way to have Turn to Smoke not fire when downing a Teisatsu, but could never quite figure out what it was. And now it's going to be fixed. Bah.

Devs, any chance of an impromptu re-run of Enemy of the State before R93 drops, just so we can enjoy attack-tiling Teisatsus to death one last time? icon_e_biggrin.gif

Turn to smoke, when you are gone, I turn to smoke...
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash wrote:
    STOPTHIS wrote:

Damn it, I knew there was a way to have Turn to Smoke not fire when downing a Teisatsu, but could never quite figure out what it was. And now it's going to be fixed. Bah.
    Stunning them first still works.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    For the last few weeks I'm sure that the Teisatsu were turning to smoke even when killed with an attack tile, so I just assumed this change had already been made, but maybe this was just a fix to make it work better?
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    - Enemy heroes now use Single-Target powers with AoE components when the last member of the Player’s team is invisible.

Can you explain what this means?

That wording is not the clearest. However, I'm still not sold aoe should effect invisible characters.

If the invisible character is in the path of the aoe, they should take damage. If the invisible character is in the opposite direction of where the aoe attack is aimed (or outside the reach in carnage red case), they shouldn't take damage.

Under past precedent, aoe usually affects invisible ppl, so from that stand point, at least they're making the game mechanics more consistent.