Patch Notes - R93 (02/01/16)

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    There's no way it's Dazzler (SpiderGwen is my guess), but on off the chance it is; please go full disco Dazzler. Her current look stinks.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    DayvBang wrote:
    CNash wrote:
    Damn it, I knew there was a way to have Turn to Smoke not fire when downing a Teisatsu, but could never quite figure out what it was. And now it's going to be fixed. Bah.
    Stunning them first still works.

Hmm, I'm sure I tried that and it didn't work, but I'll give it another go.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    CNash wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    CNash wrote:
    Damn it, I knew there was a way to have Turn to Smoke not fire when downing a Teisatsu, but could never quite figure out what it was. And now it's going to be fixed. Bah.
    Stunning them first still works.

Hmm, I'm sure I tried that and it didn't work, but I'll give it another go.
    It was fixed in R91.
    This fix was probably the resaon why teitatsu were fixed back then-> Passive abilities will once again fire consistently during Wave missions. (well i thought it was it because in the EotS event i tried and it didn't work)
    Why it is mentioned in R93 patch notes - I don't know.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    If it IS Gwendolyn, why on earth would they use such an after thought as a band / hobby that so few people even know about?

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,
    It's time to take a look at what's planned for inclusion in the next Marvel Puzzle Quest update.

R93 Patch Notes Preview
    (As always, anything listed below is subject to change before release.)

What’s Better
      - You are now able to claim multiple event rewards at once. -
    yay!
    - Heroes who have an Area of Effect stun component will no longer stun a hero that is downed as the result of the AoE. - yay!
    - Alliance screen, Details tab: the "Played today" text no longer overlaps the "Pending" text. - yay! was very annoying
    - The right-most Post-Event Vault no longer fails to indicate when the player has tokens available in other vaults. - Do expired vaults still reset everytime you look at them?
    - Teisatsu now properly activates "Turn to Smoke" when downed by an Attack tile. - Was fixed a few weeks ago, no?
    - Fixed a bug where Vision's "Density: Heavy" power was increasing the damage of Team-Up Powers when in the center position.
    - Miles Morales no longer uses the “Surprise” power if the opponent is invisible.
    - Enemy heroes now use Single-Target powers with AoE components when the last member of the Player’s team is invisible. - Why only Enemy Heroes? Do the players get this option too when only an invisible opponent is left?
    - Stunning a hero no longer sends them to the back of the team. - yay!
    - PVP events: multiple opponents are no longer skipped when pressing the "Skip" button quickly.
    - Fixed PC bug: The timer until a hero is automatically healed is no longer displayed after healing the hero.
    - Additional fixes to the “Looking for resources” and “Device is not compatible with this version” issues.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    spider_gwen_by_gan_91003-d80skj2.jpg
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    Why only Enemy Heroes? Do the players get this option too when only an invisible opponent is left?

Presumably because this was an AI problem, and the players don't run on AI.

....or do we?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    Why only Enemy Heroes? Do the players get this option too when only an invisible opponent is left?

....or do we?
    I don't fight that many invisible people, but when I have I've not been able to target them. I'm assuming that since the AI couldn't, neither could we. So when they say the Enemy can now do this... as opposed to You are now able to target ... etc. It gives me the impression of the AI being able to do it, and not the player. Hopefully it is just semantics. Can anyone confirm that as a player, you cannot Call the Storm on a sole remaining Invisible person?
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    JVReal wrote:

....or do we?
    I think I've just become self-aware.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I think I've just become self-aware.

Pretty sure you just have gas. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    So is this the February 5*?

I assume that 5* land is getting someone with big protect tiles soon to make BSS' green make sense (also to deal with the massive number of strike tiles in 5* land).

Another F4 might make sense in Thing, seeing as MrF has that terrible ability to regain AP depending on the # of F4 in the team. I still don't know why you would put MrF in with 5*s, since if he isn't tanking he's pretty useless, but I guess his black ball of death would be slightly less useless if he's getting in chains of hits with huge strike tiles (so like 5* Thing + 5* OML + MrF?). Which would be fine if this game actually allowed us to choose all three party members. But most of the game is PvP and 90% of PvP is RC + 2.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Spider-Gwen and Silk have both shown up in other Marvel games. I wouldn't be surprised if it was either.

And I hope we don't get a Red She-Hulk. MORE SPIDER-VILLAINS, PLEASE.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2016
    IF its a 5 star, maybe Terrax? Herald of Galactus who controlled earth and mineral? Wishful thinking probably.

Maybe another Thing (as noted) but it's tough to do variants on him that really look different. "Original" look, with all the lumps? Wrestling tights from the UCWF days? The new GotG look?

Quake could be it, but I hate her as a 5 star that we're going to be fighting over. She was always the worst written character, even by J. Hickman in Secret Warriors ( a case of being told she was "great" without ever seeing why). That's one time where the TV version is actually better than the comics version. That version I guess I would be okay with.

As for the "rock" band line of thought, it's only a matter of time before Spider-Gwen shows up, she's everywhere now. They might as well get their Spidey fixation out now. (I like Silk better honestly).

It would be great if they also released a 1* Gwen Stacy (Teenager), whose powers are Being Kidnapped! and Thrown Off Bridge! and some passive that transforms 3* Spidey into an absolutely offense monster when she's downed.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    I'm thoroughly confused on the invisible business.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Okay, since my last list ended up in the grbage because I included everyone but Nova (and outright dismissed Nova because his father wasn't in the game), here's my next shot, with the guess that this is going to be a 5*.

Emma Frost
    Her daughters, the Stepford Cuckoos (which would be an awesome 5*)
    Thing
    Skaar (mastery over earth and stone, turns his body to stone, etc)
    5* Colossus

I'm taking the hint literally, because I suspect we are going to get something with protect tiles coming soon in 5* land. If this isn't the 5*, ignore me.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Added "- Ability updates for Quicksilver" to the notes (01/27/16).
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    There's no way it's Dazzler (SpiderGwen is my guess), but on off the chance it is; please go full disco Dazzler. Her current look stinks.

Is Spider Gwen a rock star of any sort? I figure she'd be coming soon since they've done a big push on the spiderverse lately. I know little about her character other than she's the Optimus Prime of the Spiderverse.

Also yeah, bring in Disco Dazzler. I figure they would since it's more iconic plus she is in A-Force
    tumblr_noooytln9G1th4k6bo2_1280.png

Who was that character that was invented in the 90s, maybe...she was a singer and Stan Lee was her manager. She might have been an actress, but I think she was a singer. It definitely wasn't Dazzler. I had Shadowcat in my head, but I don't think it was her. I just remember Linkara reviewed her comic a few years back.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tatercat wrote:
    It would be great if they also released a 1* Gwen Stacy (Teenager), whose powers are Being Kidnapped! and Thrown Off Bridge! and some passive that transforms 3* Spidey into an absolutely offense monster when she's downed.

Just say "No" to putting more women in refrigerators, thank you.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:

Is Spider Gwen a rock star of any sort? I figure she'd be coming soon since they've done a big push on the spiderverse lately. I know little about her character other than she's the Optimus Prime of the Spiderverse.

Also yeah, bring in Disco Dazzler. I figure they would since it's more iconic plus she is in A-Force

Who was that character that was invented in the 90s, maybe...she was a singer and Stan Lee was her manager. She might have been an actress, but I think she was a singer. It definitely wasn't Dazzler. I had Shadowcat in my head, but I don't think it was her. I just remember Linkara reviewed her comic a few years back.
    Lila Cheney?
  • STOPTHIS wrote:

Rock star? No, but she is in a band called The Mary Janes.

However, they could be going for VERY obscure characters:
    401799-173228-korg.jpggreygargoyle.gif

Korg, who was an ally of Hulk during the Planet Hulk and World War Hulk storylines. Or Grey Gargoyle, who was an enemy of Iron Man, Thor and several others. His main power was turning people to stone.