Patch Notes - R93 (02/01/16)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
R93 Patch Notes

Are you ready to rock?!

What’s Hot
    - Versus action with Nova & Scarlet Witch! - Venom PVE combat!

What’s Better
    - You are now able to claim multiple event rewards at once. - Heroes who have an Area of Effect stun component will no longer stun a hero that is downed as the result of the AoE. - Alliance screen, Details tab: the "Played today" text no longer overlaps the "Pending" text. - The right-most Post-Event Vault no longer fails to indicate when the player has tokens available in other vaults. - Teisatsu now properly activates "Turn to Smoke" when downed by an Attack tile. - Fixed a bug where Vision's "Density: Heavy" power was increasing the damage of Team-Up Powers when in the center position. - Miles Morales no longer uses the “
Surprise” power if the opponent is invisible.
- Enemy heroes now use Single-Target powers with AoE components when the last member of the Player’s team is invisible.
- Stunning a hero no longer sends them to the back of the team.
- PVP events: multiple opponents are no longer skipped when pressing the "Skip" button quickly.
- Fixed PC bug: The timer until a hero is automatically healed is no longer displayed after healing the hero.
- Additional fixes to the “Looking for resources” and “Device is not compatible with this version” issues.
- Ability updates for Quicksilver.
- Fixed a bug where character buffs were being incorrectly calculated. All buffs (Weekly, Event and New Hero) should be working as intended now.

Comments

• Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    >Heroes who have an Area of Effect stun component will no longer stun a hero that is downed as the result of the AoE.

Thank you!

Does this only affect the random targeted stuns, or does CStorm's stun hit the second guy if the first guy goes down as a result of the AOE?
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    - Enemy heroes now use Single-Target powers with AoE components when the last member of the Player’s team is invisible.

Can you explain what this means?
  • Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler

Maybe that they won't waste their AP firing off non-AOE attacks which will be wasted due to invisibility?
  • PriceCzech
    PriceCzech Posts: 63 Match Maker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Will this make PX vs Carnage practically impossible?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Are you ready to rock?!

Xtreme Xmen Dazzler incoming! (probably not)

xtremexmen2-ii.jpg

tumblr_inline_mjkaweFpkc1qz4rgp.jpg
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    ****, that means px vs carnage will be harder this time.... that totally sucks. mpq giveth and mpq taketh away.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm assuming it means for characters like 3* Thor, the AI previous was holding Call the Storm if your only character was invisible. Now it won't.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    h0pPul37.jpg
  • Clyve
    Clyve Posts: 91

To me, this sounds like powers like Carnage's Red that deals damage to a primary target and then damage to everyone else can now be fired if all targets are invisible (I think Thor green might be another).

If true, that means the PX 4*DDQ fight got a lot harder.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    PriceCzech wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

As it is now, Carnage's red targets a single character for X damage, and evry other character on the board gets Y damage as well. Even with the change, there still shouldn't be a valid target for red when the Prof is invisible, so he shouldn't be able to use it. If that has changed, though, that's a major change that should apply to player-run characters as well.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know its a long shot but can you give a rough date for this update? I keep falling foul of stunned opponents rotating out through not paying attention.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Are you ready to rock?!

Gwen Stacey and The Mary Janes.. all of them in a Grocket type character...!!!

PX vs Carnage just got ugly!
  • PriceCzech
    PriceCzech Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Der_Lex wrote:
    PriceCzech wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

As it is now, Carnage's red targets a single character for X damage, and evry other character on the board gets Y damage as well. Even with the change, there still shouldn't be a valid target for red when the Prof is invisible, so he shouldn't be able to use it. If that has changed, though, that's a major change that should apply to player-run characters as well.

After doing the math, 2 Symbiote Scythes would kill a level 270 PX (if the damage to target remains). If it just does AoE damage, then it would take 5.3 Symbiote Scythes, so that's manageable. I'm hoping it's the AoE damage when invisible.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Linkster79 wrote:
    I know its a long shot but can you give a rough date for this update? I keep falling foul of stunned opponents rotating out through not paying attention.

We shoot for a new update every two weeks or so. Releases can vary by days or weeks (after we submit the update many things are outside of our control and delays can occur), but it's a good approximate to keep in mind. R92 went live Jan. 19th.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Are you ready to rock?!

1845e2d74eb089476023796bd7ddb7ce.jpg

Anyone?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some great new features and bug fixes! It will be nice for Reality Crush not to stun someone and kill them, then leave two non-stunned alive opponents. I hope this is the case!
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Are you ready to rock?!

Gwen Stacey and The Mary Janes.. all of them in a Grocket type character...!!!

PX vs Carnage just got ugly!

Former - unlikely as a whole, but since they said they're releasing more members of the Spider Verse, "Spider-Gwen" by herself seems like a distinct possibility.

Latter - yeah, that's exactly how I take it. It's a fair cop, particularly if he takes only the secondary damage, but it will make it harder. I honestly found it pretty easy last time and my PX was only 153 and not fully covered.
  • SuperRecoome
    SuperRecoome Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Hmmm, if are you ready to rock is taken musically it could be Spider-Gwen, she's mega popular right now and is in a rock band.

Or it could be someone rocky, like Thing (who we already have so no..) Maybe Absorbing man? Quake?
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Why Venom PvE is so frequent? It is the worst(+hardest) pve right now=(

Or is it Venom:heroic and not Venom Bomb?
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lukoil wrote:
    Why Venom PvE is so frequent? It is the worst(+hardest) pve right now=(

Or is it Venom:heroic and not Venom Bomb?
    Time to get your Jean Grey ready to hit purple all day or leveling Mr. Fantastic, X-23 to deal with Carnage. Who am I kidding, I'm out of this PvE.