Roster progress report, and plans for your roster

Options

Comments

• lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    Previous post
    So I went casual, and with that, got lazy in updating. Hadn't updated in almost a month and a half.

-Finished Rd 3 of Championing 3*. Psylocke snuck in over Human Torch, so he is in the last 10 that may or may not ever get championed, along with Doom, Doc Ock, Ragnarok, Falcon, Sentry, Spidey, Squirrel Girl, Hulk and Punisher.
    -Accidentally applied my Hood blue to champ, instead of my triple, so he is at 2/4/4, instead of 2/5/4.
    -Didn't have time to go for 2k in last season's sim, so Gwen is at 2/5/2, instead of 2/5/3, which is ok, since I can use the next yellow instead of starting a dupe.
    -Finished Iceman at 5/5/3, Ghost Rider at 3/5/5, so only need 2 Rhulk purples, Cyc blue and XFW yellow for respecs. Then, it's only the new class that I need covers for, Chulk, Miles, Nova, Venom, Gwen, Quake, Pun, Howard. Chulk is at 140, all others at 120, except for Pun, who only has 2 covers.

Plans
    -Take up Black Suit Spidey to 300, since I use him in goon only nodes with SW/JG.
    -Take X-23 to 200, since my main PVE team will be her, OML, XFDP.
    -Hoard ISO, which doesn't come in as frequently since I am a casual player now. I go for 1k in PVP, when I have the time, or make the time for a cover I want, which isn't many. Will go for 2k in the Sim for the Pun black.
    -Tank PVEs so I can get in baby brackets for new releases. Played The Hunt very sub optimally, but easily got 1st place for 4 Howard covers. Tried to carry over my baby bracket status to Webbed Wonder, and it didn't work. Also couldn't play the subs until after the first refresh due to work, so Rhulk purple at T10 was way out of reach.
    -DDQ every day

My roster

3 weeks since last update.
    -RL/sleep kept me from going for t25 when Hood blue was rewards, so missed a 2nd chance to get my 5th blue for the triple. Now he is 3/4/5. Also missed chance at the Pun cover at 1k.
    -Got Pun black in Sim
    -Took BSS to 300, then got another cover. Up to 305, but will take him to 315 to tank for JG/SW.
    -No rush on X-23 to 200 any more.
    -Will still tank PVEs in hopes of baby brackets for new releases.
    -DDQ every day
    -Have plans for ISO now, so won't hoard.
    -Add 15 levels for any OML covers that come in.
    -Nova to 200. Lucked into some more covers, already got him to 190, 5/3/3. Playing him with OML makes PVP matches quicker, since I haven't really bought into transforming OML (3/1/3).
    -Last 10 levels to BSS to take him to 315, to tank for JG/SW.
    -Maybe take Miles/Quake to 140, to join Venom, Chulk, Howard and Gwen. Eliminate my 4* 120 tier. Quake can't go past 147, otherwise I'd consider eliminating my 4* 140 tier and taking them all to 160.
    -Was gonna raise Thor4/IM40 dupes, stopped them at 160/120. They're my fast climb PVP team, so might eventually get them to 200/166 (Champ'd).
    -If I get a final purple JG, will raise the 5/3/5 dupe to 200.
    -Next PX blue will get my triple 5 blues, so will probably take 5/3/5 dupe to 160.
    -GG to 285, to play around with his yellow.
    -Maybe start Rd 4 of championing 3*, but probably wouldn't do all 10. Rd 4 might be 4 3*; Human Torch, Sentry, Doc Ock, Ragnarok, Doom. That order b/c of usefulness to me, and ability to respec as needed. Rd 5, Falcon, Spidey, Squirrel Girl, Hulk and Punisher might never get done, since I don't see a need to respec any of them.

4* covers from 183 3* Champs plans
    185 Black Panther - Mr. F black (dupe now 4/2/3)
    184 Rocket & Groot - Star-Lord purple (dupe now 4, 3, 1)
    183 Storm - Thor blue (triple now 0, 3, 1)

182 Kamala Khan Thor blue (will add to 0, 3, 1 triple)
    182 Steve Rogers - Sam Wilson yellow (ISO dupe is 3/1/1)
    181 Wolverine - XFW green (triple is 2/0/0)
    180 Blade - Ghost Rider red (dupe is 2/1/2)
    180 Scarlet Witch - Professor X purple (might start a 4th with 3/5/5 build in mind)
    180 Thor - Red Hulk purple (would be final on 3/5/4)
    179 Magneto - Professor X blue (triple is 4/5/1)
    178 Black Widow - Fury blue (ISO dupe is 4/5/4)
    178 Vision - Cyclops red (dupe is 0/2/1)
    177 Deadpool - Deadpool red (triple is 3/0/0)
    176 Loki - Venom green (would be added to 2/3/5)
    175 Bullseye - Kingpin yellow (dupe is 2/5/3 triple is 1/3/3 (would go to dupe 3/5/5 goal))
    175 Daken - X23 green (dupe is 4/1/1)
    175 Mystique - Iceman blue (dupe is 0/0/3)
    175 She-Hulk - Chulk black vdupe is 3/0/1)
    174 Captain Marvel - Thing red (dupe is 3/3/4)
    174 Cyclops - Cylcops red (dupe is 0/2/1)
    174 Gamora Star-Lord purple (dupe is 4/3/1)
    174 Luke Cage - Kingpin purple (possibly ISO, since triple is 1/3/3, goal of 5/3/5)
    173 Beast - Jean Grey green (triple is 0/3/1)
    173 Daredevil - Elektra purple (ISO, dupe is 5/3/5)
    170 Iron Man - IMHB blue (triple is 1/0/3, either sell or 5/3/5 build)
    170 Quicksilver - Iceman green (dupe is 0/0/3)
    169 The Hood - Ghost Rider green (dupe is 2/1/2)
    168 Psylocke - Deadpool black (dupe is 5/3/5, might respec to 3/5/5)
    167 Colossus - XFW yellow (respec from 5/5/3 to 4/5/4 or add to 4/5/3 dupe)
    167 Iron Fist - IMHB black (1/0/3 triple)
    My roster
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DTStump wrote:
    Objectives - to champion 10 good 3*s
    icon_cyclops.pngicon_blade.pngicon_hood.pngicon_blackpanther.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_magneto.png

To unlock more roster slots for 4*/5*s.

Two weeks later, an update:
    - Championed icon_cyclops.png
    - Added covers to others. Current status:
    icon_magneto.png 3/4/5 (12, will be championed in 12 days tops)
    icon_hood.png 5/2/3 (10, will get a DDQ cover today)
    icon_ironfist.png 5/2/3 (10, will get a DDQ cover in 5 days)
    icon_kamalakhan.png 5/2/3 (10, will get a DDQ cover in 1 week)
    icon_blackpanther.png 4/4/2 (10, will get a DDQ cover in 11 days)
    icon_wolverine.png 2/5/3 (10)
    icon_blade.png 4/1/4 (9)
    icon_lukecage.png 3/2/3 (8)
    icon_captainamerica.png 1/3/3 (7)

- Managed to roster a few new 4*s:
    icon_x23.pngicon_mrfantastic.pngicon_nova.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_ironman.png

This brings the number of rostered 4*s from 8 to 13. Since the queue was cleared, I opened a LT: yellowflag.pngicon_kingpin.png, which is now waiting for a slot to open.

Still expanding icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For my roster I now have 8 championed 4* 13 4* with 13 covers that need ISO and 4 4* that are really close to 13 covers. My next 4* to champion will be X-23. The reason is she is a true healer and with the new PVE comming true healers will be a big help. I also want to take Nova up to pair with her to do some great damage.

Overall I still need over 3 million ISO to level my 4*
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Champs so far:

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_jeangrey.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_cyclops.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    All of them

star.pngstar.png
    icon_ares.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_thor.pngicon_storm.pngicon_wolverine.png

Other notables:
    lvl 390 OML
    All characters rostered except Green Goblin

Plans:
    Level XFDP from 200 to 270, since I have 3 covers in queue plus whatever I get from heroic.
    Stockpile ISO until I get a cover for one of the following:
    OML
    Phoenix
    Red Hulk
    Iceman

Update: After successfully champing XFDP, I just got Iceman from 207 to 270 today and he should be champed after the PVE sub ends. Will start saving up for next project.
    My last post was two months ago. Since then I have also champed XFW, Carnage, Red Hulk, and Thor, bringing me to 9 champed 4s.
    OML is now 10 covers at 405, and Phoenix also has 10 covers and is 68k ISO away from her soft cap of 405.
    After Phoenix is soft capped, I will be focusing my ISO on getting max covered 4s up to the level 200 range, shifting to focus on specific 4s when I get covers in the queue.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I haven't been playing this game but I will start now.

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/stochasticism/ is my current roster.

the tl;dr is:

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    I have champed icon_jeangrey.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_iceman.png and icon_redhulk.png. My current project is icon_thor.png and she should be finished after the iso8 ISO bonanza

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_vision.pngicon_spiderman.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_daredevil.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_ragnarok.pngicon_sentry.png left unchamped. Since I have icon_redhulk.pngicon_cyclops.png champed, icon_vision.png and icon_sentry.png will be my next projects after icon_thor.png

After I champ those 3 characters it's back to 4* where I have 14 other max covered characters. I would actually want to work on icon_nova.png, though, but I only have 11 covers for him. If I don't get the covers I need for him then I will work on either icon_ghostrider.pngicon_carnage.pngicon_kingpin.png or icon_x23.png

star.pngstar.png
    icon_spiderman.png up to L143 so one more cover needed and that will finish my last unmaxed champion star.pngstar.png

I don't have a 5* with more than 4 covers so those aren't worth the investment yet.

Current ISO need: 7.09M
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last status on 5/2/16:
    I was able to champ and respec Bobby in time. I then moved onto champing XPool next. Now I'm working on leveling the 4* DDQ lowbies to at least 140 and bringing up my OML to his max of 330.

Next up will be leveling 4* Cyc and buying his last cover with CP before he comes up in the PVP rotation again.

I currently have 6 LT and 884 CP banked.

I do love having a plan because it has lowered my stress so much due to the ISO drought. I'm not rushing to grind as much ISO as possible.
    Results:
    I maxed out OML and leveled up all my DDQ noobs to at least 140 if they had the covers. I banked enough ISO to be able to max 4* Cyc and instead of buying the last cover with CP I went with Snowcatt's suggestion of opening tokens. It took 19 classics before I got his 13th cover. Of the other 18, one was a surfer and 4 were champion levels. 5 of the remaining went to toons that needed them (including maxing out Mr. Fantastic and Cho wooohoo??). The rest was ISO.

Current Status:
    OML is maxed at 330 for his covers and I have the following 4* Champs: icon_ironman.pngicon_carnage.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_cyclops.png

Potential targets to work on next include:
    Rulk at 150 2/5/4
    4Thor at 190 2/5/5
    Thing at 150 5/3/5
    X-23 at 140 5/1/5 (2nd red coming up in PVP)

Current Project
    I'm just banking ISO and CP at this point. I'm almost back up to 100K ISO and I'm up to 10 LTs and 845 CP. I do have a Thing cover sitting in my queue but I'm not sure if I will get the ISO to champ him. I'm not sure if it is worth it at this point. I think Rulk would be the better investment. I may pull the trigger on blowing my CP bank before the chance for OML goes down after Civil War run 2.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Saving up iso to max 4* thor. needed 120K at 12 covers. got my 13th from daily resupply. now i need over 200K...

damn...
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm at a point where i don't know if i should still be getting 3*s. Right now i have 3 4* covers available: purpleflag.png Elektra and Iceman and redflag.png Thor (3rd cover i get for all). But, i also have 3 greenflag.png covers for Iron Fist and there will be a black cover tomorrow from DDQ.

The slot will cost 750hp (59 slot). What should i do?
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jgomes32 wrote:
    I'm at a point where i don't know if i should still be getting 3*s. Right now i have 3 4* covers available: purpleflag.png Elektra and Iceman and redflag.png Thor (3rd cover i get for all). But, i also have 3 greenflag.png covers for Iron Fist and there will be a black cover tomorrow from DDQ.

Wait you don't have iron fist yet and think you're done with 3*? What does your roster look like? Make a slot for iron fist for sure, ditto iceman.

I'd suggest not pulling legendary tokens for awhile if you've been doing that.
  • jgomes32
    Options
    thisone wrote:
    jgomes32 wrote:

Wait you don't have iron fist yet and think you're done with 3*? What does your roster look like? Make a slot for iron fist for sure, ditto iceman.

IF, Luke Cage and Kamala are the only 3* that i'm still actually considering. The reason i don't have IF is because he's never been an essencial and that was my reason for recruting characters till recently. Especially for new releases. I think i got Kamala temporarily once and if Iron Fist was required maybe i got the 4* instead.

To be clear, you'd go with Iron Fist over Iceman (cover expires in 3 days)? That's what i'm inclined to do.

Edit: Day 200.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jgomes32 wrote:
    thisone wrote:
    jgomes32 wrote:

IF, Luke Cage and Kamala are the only 3* that i'm still actually considering. The reason i don't have IF is because he's never been an essencial and that was my reason for recruting characters till recently. Especially for new releases. I think i got Kamala temporarily once and if Iron Fist was required maybe i got the 4* instead.

To be clear, you'd go with Iron Fist over Iceman (cover expires in 3 days)? That's what i'm inclined to do.

So what do you have on your roster? It sounds like you're trying to skip 3* but one or two cover 4* are practically worthless. Outside essentials.

I'd want to keep if and Iceman. 4* thor too for that matter. Do you even have im40?
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jgomes32 wrote:
    thisone wrote:
    jgomes32 wrote:

As tough as it would be sell any Iceman (I could use that purple cover myself to complete mine), you really should have an IF on hand. You'll find as you build your 4* roster and start using them that the 3*'s you pair with them should be the ones who can generate AP quickly - every 4* (the good and the bad ones) take time to build up in a match. 3* like IF, S. Witch, IM40 (currently the best), and even Captain Marvel & Hulk are useful because they can can get your 4*'s going quickly to start firing their abilities. Consider having all of them if you don't, another tool can use when in a Heroic or another specific situation.

Champ IF to make sure he's 5 purple and generate that black which then can be used to power HulkBuster or even OML (down the road for you but something to consider.) Also, once the 12 Black AP is built up, IF is no slouch himself when it comes to damage output, at just 5 purple a pop for 4K+ damage when champed (while your have that ap banked). There a reason a lot of people target him first in PVP.

IF you looking for which 4* to dump for room, I would go with Elektra. She's not as bad as some say but the other two are great 4*'s (4* Thor + IM40 equals one-shot heaven when boosted).
  • jgomes32
    Options
    The 3* i don't have are: icon_bullseye.png , icon_deadpool.png (would actually consider him too), icon_doctordoom.png , Iron Fist, Iron Man, Kamala, Cage, Ragnarok, Sentry, She-Hulk, Spider-Man, Hood, Punisher and Patch.

I have also thought of completing 3*s (with a few exceptions) and only getting 4*s as they are required. But, everytime i sell a 4* i know i'm gonna regret when i pull the next cover.

It looks like Iron Fist will be my next hero then; thanks.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Three seasons back:
    "This season" plan checked off: Now down to five non-champed 3*'s (SG, QS, DocOc, Psy, Sentry...who I expect to max as next 3*), finished five more since last update.

"Next season" plan checked off: Pulled that last Cyc and another couple - maxed him as my fifth 4* champ.

"Two seasons from now" plan underway: Pushed 3/3/5 FalCap to 172 for his DDQ (next one) and 4/4/4 MrF to 172 (in about 12 days). Next season I'll need to bump up a couple of other 4*'s to 172 to make them more easily DDQ'able, their turns are coming up [current can get to 172 and are lower: Rhulk 152, X23 111, Cho 74, GR/Iceman/Nova/Venom all can go to 130-140 and all sitting under level 100].

I've had enough KP and Carnage covers to max them for several seasons - but still hoping for more Rhulk or DPXF covers (have 11 of each), so I'll push them to 220ish first to get them ready to go. Depending on who comes up as 3* essential next season, this may happen towards the end of next season.

Debating about moving my 1/5/1 Phoenix to near the 360 level cap, that may be the "two seasons from now" plan. Best 5* by far (5/0/0 SS, thanks there RNG) - neither are really scary enough to level as a scarecrow. Did pull a Spider-Man 5* champion Vision the other day, so now I have five 5*'s rostered (no Goblin) and all are level 255, there they can stay for now.

Two seasons ago:
    3*'s: Maxed Sentry at beginning of season expecting his PVP to come up - it did. Maxed SG with her DDQ came up, expect her PVP next season. Maxed Psylock when I drained a Taco Vault that included her. Only have two 3*'s not champed: QS/Doc Ock (both at 140, ~60K ISO to hit 166).

Many are reaching the 183, where you get a 4* for championing -

LT - First 183 - used Purple Rhulk for 12th cover.
    Hulk: 183 - tossed Green-Cho (5/5/1)
    DP: 183 - tossed Red-DPXF (5/4/3)
    Bullseye: 183 - tossed KP
    KK: 183 - champed GT
    Rags: 182 - will use X-23 (3/3/5)
    GSBW: 182 - will toss Fury
    She-Hulk: 182 - will use Cho-black
    Magneto: 181 - will toss PX
    Beast: 180 - will use (champ) Jean
    SW: 180 - will toss PX
    Cap: 180 - will toss Falcap (4/4/5)

Twelve 3*'s 180 or above. Will use THREE (and champ two more) of those first champs reaching 183 4* reward - the ISO issue is real.

4* Progress: This was my "get everything DDQ'able" season:
    FalCaP: 4/4/5 (from 3/3/5) moved to 172, beat his DDQ.
    MrF: 5/3/5 (from 4/4/4) moved to 172, beat his DDQ (after several tries)
    RHulk: 4/5/4 (from 3/5/3) moved to 172, beat his DDQ
    Cho: 5/5/1 (from 5/5/0) moved to 172, ready for his DDQ
    X-23: 3/3/5 moved to 172, ready for her DDQ
    Ghost Rider: 3/3/3 (from 3/2/2) moved to 172, hopefully ready for his DDQ
    IceMan: 4/2/2 (from 3/2/1) moved to 168 (max), beat his DDQ

Previously at 172 or higher: SL, PX, KP, IW, Elektra, Carnage, Ant-Man, Fury, DD, Jean, Cyc, Thor, XF, IM. That's 23 that should be able to DDQ...no coincidence that it's everyone introduced before championing, where I cover-maxed them when pulling the early LT's.

Lower that 172: Miles (3/1/1) Venom (1/1/5, maybe could DDQ? 156 max possible) Nova (2/3/1), Two or less covers for Gwen/Quake/Punisher. Six that can't DDQ so far, all sitting below level 100.

5*: I reached year two and finally got a non-black SS! Now 5/1/0 and 1/0/0 SS's...yep, pulled a SIXTH blue SS before getting any other covers. Also luckily pulled Green and Red Jean. She's at 2/5/2 and I moved her to level 300. It would likely be best to get her to 350+ as a better scarecrow, but I don't want to waste some upcoming 4*'s.

Next season: I champed into my 12th Rhulk cover and drained a DDQ vault to hit my 13th Rhulk cover. Looks like he'll be coming up as a reward at the end of the season, I'll be working from today forward to max him. I have DPXF at 5/4/3: frustratingly tossed out
    his red cover that was rewarded this season and another red cover that 3*DP champed into - that's five reds I've tossed. Today pulled day 744 purple drop to go to twelve covers. Thing is at 3/4/5. Both of these characters will be priority after Rhulk is maxed, all three (Rhulk/DPXF/Thing) rewarded the one cover I have five of last time they were 1K rewards...so theoretically should be able to use their next reward. It also means this update will be very, VERY short over the next few seasons.

I'm also hoarding CP and LT's until at least Rhulk and possibly one (if not two or three) of these other 4*'s are maxed. This will continue unless a new 5* makes OML/Phoenix draw % go down.

Last season:
    DDQ progress: took Venom to 172 and Miles to 131, won both. Debating about taking 3/3/1 Nova from 70 to 152 to give me a shot for his DDQ - didn't fail any up to this point but Nova will be the last one I have a shot at winning until the repeats start. Two seasons ago the goal was get most to 172 to make them win DDQ's - on that goal I was quite successful.

4* progress: Rhulk done (172->270, first event next season will probably reward the LT extra level). Thing went from 172->230, event giving another cover should come near end of next season and that's my priority. DPXF after that (currently 172), 12 covers and 13th cover should come middle of (two seasons from now).

Hoarding started last off-season to stop wasting so many 4* covers, now at 10 LT's and 248 CP - awaiting word from D3 about when new characters get added to see when these get pulled. Still champing 3*'s to first 4* cover and tossing them - Gamora and Grocket both hit 183 this week, two Starlord covers got tossed.

This season: I pulled my LT's, worried Cap/IM would lower Phoenix chances. I've gotten her covers in batches, a couple three seasons ago, a couple two seasons ago within a few draws; and three in five draws when I pulled LT's (rostered a 2nd copy before I pulled the 13th cover). Had Thing coming up in PVP, daily drop, and had pulled a cover - finished him first then put every drop of ISO into Phoenix until this morning. Started season at 300, ended season at 450.

5* @ 450: Phoenix. RNG giveth!
    5*'s @ 255: two-cover IM, one-cover Cap, one-cover BSSM, two-covered OML (thanks RNG, I think 3rd cover is daily drop next season to go 1/1/1) one [extra purple] cover Phoenix (thanks RNG), one [extra blue] cover SS (thanks RNG), six-cover (five blue) SS (no GG). RNG taketh away!

4* champs: JG/HB/Cyc/Thing/XF/GT/Rhulk.
    4* other: Fury @ 210. Dino @220 (both 13 covers, started leveling before flood of 4*'s)
    4* 13-cover @ 172: Ant-Man, Carnage, DP, Elecktra, Iceman, IW, KP, MrF, PX, Falcap, SL, Cho, X23.
    4* not 13-cover @ 172: Nova (12), GR (12), Venom (10)
    4* under 140 (low covered, low level): Miles (7) , Howard, Gwen (8), Quake (7), Punisher (6), PX#2, Drax, Winter Soldier (no War Machine yet). These will stay here for a long time - I won every DDQ up to Gwen, and I'll start leveling these in three seasons or so as their DDQ's start to approach (if I get more covers for some!)

3* 183+ (where you get the 4*): 25
    3*'s 176-182: 13
    3*'s 140: QS, Dock.

2*'s rostered: everything but bagman again, since I haven't been shield-hopping (easy 1K, impossible 1300) and had plenty of HP. Now I'll be hopping again I guess so I may start selling them again. Only 1* Juggy still.

Next season: Ice-Man priority one, need to try to get him from 172->270 before his PVP cover comes up. After that DPXF and/or the final two 3*'s.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hello,

i need advice in a complex situation please.

My roster is as you can see in my signature.
    I have 170k iso, 337cp and 600hp.

In my queue are
    3x 3*punisher
    1x 3*capamerica
    2x 3*docdoom
    1x 3*deadpool
    2x 3*blackpanther
    1x 4*iceman
    1x 5*jean grey

my questions:
    - for my 3*s i dont know who to champ from above. or maybe another one from my fullcovered 3*s to champ to help my roster? Or no one?
    - my 1* juggernaut will be kicked, but for iceman or 5*jg? dont know if i can collect enough hp through tacos for both, so pls who should i drop out of my 4*s? which one is useless, especially for DDQ4*? and will 5*jg kill my scaling?
    - should i pump iso in my 4*wolverine? he is my 4* with the most covers, but is he viable at lv 152 (his max level with this covers)?
    - should i "unhoard" my saved cp´s? im afraid of rosterspaces needed with no hp left for them. (when vault will change i have 79 tacos to use, should i go for hp?)

thx for any advice!
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After 5 months I finally Championed all my 3*s. It was a personal goal.

Next goal for myself is to obviously raise my 4*s to higher levels than my 3*s. There is a ton of Iso involved there so I won't put Iso into my 4*s randomly. Each time they come up for Crash of the Titans I will level up that character to a decent fighting level to beat it.

I'm 3/3 beating it so far. Alot of my 4*s are in that 8-10 card range so I think I can accomplish this goal.
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    Options
    Here's my roster as it stands now.

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Starsaber/

I'm still planning on getting all my 4*s to at least level 140 as covers allow so they aren't just ride-alongs when they're essential, but I'm at a bit of a loss for what other priorities I should have at the moment.

Is it time to start moving some 4*s above my championed 3*s? I use Hulkbuster from time to time, but haven't really found a team for Ice Man yet and they seem to be the most popular of my useful 4*s.
    I don't have IM40 fully covered yet, but I'm thinking that I'll champion him as soon as I can.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Starsaber wrote:
    but haven't really found a team for Ice Man yet and they seem to be the most popular of my useful 4*s.
    I don't have IM40 fully covered yet, but I'm thinking that I'll champion him as soon as I can.

Iceman and IM40 work well together actually!
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wow, so it's been about 2 months again (or a month and a half), and figured I'd check in. Have been pretty casual lately due to IRL stuff, so progress still a little slow, but still there icon_e_smile.gif Updated roster is in sig.

I've added icon_squirrelgirl.png and icon_hawkeye.png to my champs, so I now have 35 star.pngstar.pngstar.png champs and 4 star.pngstar.png champs. Still no star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png champs yet (though maybe at least one by my next check-in, we'll see icon_e_smile.gif ). I built up and champed Hawkeye to help me with my IM40 Rebuilding project. Still a little regretful I sold him about a month before he got buffed. IM40 is probably the last 3* I'm going to really try to put ISO in. He's still a ways away from being finished (3/1/4 at 104)

I'm now missing 2 5* (Iron Man XLVI and Cap), and 4 4* (Gwen, Howard, War Machine and Winter Soldier). This is the most 4*s I've been missing for a long time, so a bit sad on that.

I now have OML with 5 covers and up to 310. I will probably keep him there for now until I have a stronger roster of 4 and 5*s. I'm getting more use out of him for PVE now than PVP - though admittedly I really flaked on PVP this past season in general. He did help in my final push for SIM last night to get the Drax cover - but used him with Iron Fist and Scarlet Witch, so I was still a pretty easy target.

I'm one cover away from maxing Hulkbuster - I have since gotten him up to 225 and will continue to push him up while waiting for that last cover (which better not be red for the 8th time :p).

So for ISO, here's my current goals:

- Get Hulkbuster up to 250. If I get that magic missing cover, get him to 270 and champ.
    - Get the rest of my 4*s leveled in tiers, based on their current level and how many covers. This would be:
    - Up to 200: icon_cyclops.pngicon_thor.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_kingpin.pngicon_antman.png and icon_elektra.png (only cause she's already max covered and at 180)
    - 170 to 180: icon_iceman.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_ghostrider.png
    - 160: icon_redhulk.pngicon_thing.pngicon_professorx.png
    - XFW is currently at 225 (cover maxed) and Fury is at 207 (Cover maxed). I don't want to spend ISO to champ them now, I'd rather focus on getting Hulkbuster, Cyclops, Iceman, Jean and Rulk past them and champed.
    - The rest I would get to 120 (if possible) so they are ready for DDQ, and so I can test them out on the easier PVE nodes (started doing that with Quake - she's really fun in PVE!!!)
    - Try to improve how I do in the DDQ 4* (Clash of the Titans). Had a big improvement between the 1st and 2nd cycles (went from 8/22 to 18/27). I think I can at the very least break 20 during the current cycle (and so far I'm 3 for 3). This is really my only reliable way to get 4* covers at this point.

For PVP I don't think I can reliably hit 1000 anymore. This has pretty much stopped how I would get 4* covers before the champ levels and 5* era. So when I do try to play it, I'm just joining it with 1-2 hours left to see what I can get on progression rewards. Still am usually get to 800 by doing this, and am getting 2-3 3* covers to add as champ levels.

I've got 14 3* champs that are within 5 covers of getting their 4* reward (and made that with Cap already). Unfortunately, I'm only going to be able to use 8 of these, the rest will be 6000 ISO :/

That's it for now (and probably too much rambling) icon_e_smile.gif

Last update below:
    vinnygecko wrote:
    It's been about 2 months since I've checked in, and progress has been a little slower, but there's still progress :) Updated roster is in my sig.

Since last time (2/19), I've added 6 more 3* champs (34 total):
    icon_colossus_new.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_daredevil.pngicon_beast.pngicon_bullseye.pngicon_spiderman.png

My 2* champs are now maxed (or almost maxed for Storm, 1 cover away :))

I am still missing one 5* ( icon_greengoblin.png ) and two 4* ( icon_spidergwen.png & Howard)

For 5*, OML is now 1/2/1 and will soon be 2/2/1 in a couple of days (after daily rewards). I have him now at level 262, i'm planning to level him up to at least 300 (maybe 315) fairly soon so I have somewhat of a better shot in PVP.

My plan of leveling up 4* as their DDQ challenge approaches has mostly worked. On the 2nd wave of the 4*s, I now have beaten all except for Cyclops (came close, but not enough hp) and Mr. Fantastic/Flaptain (who I did not even try, admittedly). I'm currently leveling my Ghostrider (now 1/2/4) and am somewhat optimistic I'll win his with some luck and probably boosts.

I'm pretty much done championing 3*s for now - I might decided to champion Squirrel Girl if i get a bunch of covers coming my way (she's currently my only maxed 3* not champed, at level 151). Am also rebuilding the 3*s I previously sold ( icon_ironman.pngicon_sentry.pngicon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_quicksilver.pngicon_ragnarok.png ), though i only intend to invest in IM40 (would not have sold him if I knew he was getting a buff :( )

I only have 3 max-covered 4*s, none of whom I really want to spend the ISO to champion yet ( icon_wolverine.pngicon_nickfury.pngicon_elektra.png ). Once I've gotten OML at a good level, I plan to bring some of my decent/but undercovered 4*s to at least 200, so once I get their last few covers it won't be as daunting to max level and champ them.

Last updates below:
    vinnygecko wrote:
    So about a month later, have mostly followed this plan. Updated roster in signature.

New Champs so far have all been 3*s (9 of them)

icon_daken.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_gamora.pngicon_loki.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_psylocke.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_storm.pngicon_vision.png

I now have 28 3* Champs overall. Hulk, Bullseye or Colossus will probably be next.

I've still also been able to level up 4*s as their DDQ day comes up...working on Kingpin now =) So far I've managed to win each 4* challenge on the second cycle, even Starlord!

I've been slacking a bit lately on pvp so have not made it to 1000 yet in a while. Depending on the bracket I fall in (and timing) its been actually easier for me to get placement rewards vs progress rewards, so I've made pretty good progress with adding Champ levels to 3*s.

On 5*s, I now have 3 covers for both SS and OML, and 2 for Phoenix and BSS. If I get a few more covers for OML I might start using him in PVP, but we'll see :)

vinnygecko wrote:
    My Roster from 9/25 (pre 5 star)

My roster from 12/31/15 (last update I had before Champions)

My roster as of this morning

My roster has definitely gone through some improvements over the last few months, and the champion factor over the last couple of weeks has been a big part of that, as I have received a lot of LTs just from championing my 3*s.

My Champs are:

star.pngstar.png
    icon_ares.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_storm.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_blackpanther.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_blade.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_caroldanvers.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_doctordoom.pngicon_falcon.pngicon_hood.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_mystique.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_thor.pngicon_wolverine.png

Before champions, my goal was to get 1k in each pvp to slowly build up my 4*s with covers, and to max the rest of my 3*s that I thought would be good to have at max level (especially when buffed).

Now, I'm trying to use my ISO for the following:

-Champion the rest of my maxed 3*s once I get extra covers (based on DDQ that will probably be Mags and SW)
    -Max any other 3*s that I would like to champion based on the reward, especially if they are close to being maxed (Vision and Storm would probably be next)
    -Level up my 4* in advance to when they'll be featured in DDQ, so I have a better shot at getting the LT, and so they can eventually be used in PVP. I recently brought up IMHB to level 180 (from 111), and 4Pool to 158 (from 127). I'm now 4 for 4 on the 2nd DDQ cycle, where I was 2 for 2 on the first cycle. Also, once I knew HP wasn't going to be used for covers anymore, I invested what HP I had left in 3 IMHB covers.
    -Still aim for 1k in PVP, though I have not been as successful here due to bad timing on my part, lots of more competition because everyone actually wants the 3* placement rewards, not a great selection of boosted 3*s, or the 1k reward not being something I really want to spend the effort to get

I do have all 5* characters now, but none are ready to be trotted out for PVP. If I get lucky with LTs and get a decent amount of covers for them, I'll invest the ISO to level them up.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    Previous post
    3 weeks since last update.
    -RL/sleep kept me from going for t25 when Hood blue was rewards, so missed a 2nd chance to get my 5th blue for the triple. Now he is 3/4/5. Also missed chance at the Pun cover at 1k.
    -Got Pun black in Sim
    -Took BSS to 300, then got another cover. Up to 305, but will take him to 315 to tank for JG/SW.
    -No rush on X-23 to 200 any more.
    -Will still tank PVEs in hopes of baby brackets for new releases.
    -DDQ every day
    -Add 15 levels for any OML covers that come in.
    -Nova to 200. Lucked into some more covers, already got him to 190, 5/3/3. Playing him with OML makes PVP matches quicker, since I haven't really bought into transforming OML (3/1/3).
    -Last 10 levels to BSS to take him to 315, to tank for JG/SW.
    -Maybe take Miles/Quake to 140, to join Venom, Chulk, Howard and Gwen. Eliminate my 4* 120 tier. Quake can't go past 147, otherwise I'd consider eliminating my 4* 140 tier and taking them all to 160.
    -Was gonna raise Thor4/IM40 dupes, stopped them at 160/120. They're my fast climb PVP team, so might eventually get them to 200/166 (Champ'd).
    -If I get a final purple JG, will raise the 5/3/5 dupe to 200.
    -Next PX blue will get my triple 5 blues, so will probably take 5/3/5 dupe to 160.
    -GG to 285, to play around with his yellow.
    -Maybe start Rd 4 of championing 3*, but probably wouldn't do all 10. Rd 4 might be 4 3*; Human Torch, Sentry, Doc Ock, Ragnarok, Doom. That order b/c of usefulness to me, and ability to respec as needed. Rd 5, Falcon, Spidey, Squirrel Girl, Hulk and Punisher might never get done, since I don't see a need to respec any of them.

4* covers from 183 3* Champs plans (Previous Post)
    185 Black Panther - Mr. F black (dupe now 4/2/3)
    184 Rocket & Groot - Star-Lord purple (dupe now 4, 3, 1)
    183 Storm - Thor blue (triple now 0, 3, 1)

182 Kamala Khan Thor blue (will add to 0, 3, 1 triple)
    182 Steve Rogers - Sam Wilson yellow (ISO dupe is 3/1/1)
    181 Wolverine - XFW green (triple is 2/0/0)
    180 Blade - Ghost Rider red (dupe is 2/1/2)
    180 Scarlet Witch - Professor X purple (might start a 4th with 3/5/5 build in mind)
    180 Thor - Red Hulk purple (would be final on 3/5/4)
    179 Magneto - Professor X blue (triple is 4/5/1)
    178 Black Widow - Fury blue (ISO dupe is 4/5/4)
    178 Vision - Cyclops red (dupe is 0/2/1)
    177 Deadpool - Deadpool red (triple is 3/0/0)
    176 Loki - Venom green (would be added to 2/3/5)
    175 Bullseye - Kingpin yellow (dupe is 2/5/3 triple is 1/3/3 (would go to dupe 3/5/5 goal))
    175 Daken - X23 green (dupe is 4/1/1)
    175 Mystique - Iceman blue (dupe is 0/0/3)
    175 She-Hulk - Chulk black vdupe is 3/0/1)
    174 Captain Marvel - Thing red (dupe is 3/3/4)
    174 Cyclops - Cylcops red (dupe is 0/2/1)
    174 Gamora Star-Lord purple (dupe is 4/3/1)
    174 Luke Cage - Kingpin purple (possibly ISO, since triple is 1/3/3, goal of 5/3/5)
    173 Beast - Jean Grey green (triple is 0/3/1)
    173 Daredevil - Elektra purple (ISO, dupe is 5/3/5)
    170 Iron Man - IMHB blue (triple is 1/0/3, either sell or 5/3/5 build)
    170 Quicksilver - Iceman green (dupe is 0/0/3)
    169 The Hood - Ghost Rider green (dupe is 2/1/2)
    168 Psylocke - Deadpool black (dupe is 5/3/5, might respec to 3/5/5)
    167 Colossus - XFW yellow (respec from 5/5/3 to 4/5/4 or add to 4/5/3 dupe)
    167 Iron Fist - IMHB black (1/0/3 triple)

(Update since last update)
    -RL/sleep kept me from going for t25 when Hood blue was rewards, so missed a 2nd chance to get my 5th blue for the triple. Now he is 3/4/5. Also missed chance at the Pun cover at 1k. (Pulled Hood blue from Standard, now triple is complete. GSBW and IF triple both need a purple to finish them at 5/3/5 and 3/5/5. HT dupe is at 4/3/3, going for 5/x/x, unsure of build. After these 3 are done, probably done with 3*. All my dupes/triples will be done, and no plans to start new ones. Will continue to start/develop 4* dupes/triples.)
    -No rush on X-23 to 200 any more. (still true)
    -Will still tank PVEs in hopes of baby brackets for new releases. (Got baby bracket for War Machine, got 5 covers on release.)
    -Still play DDQ every day (Check)
    -Add 15 levels for any OML covers that come in. (No covers came in)
    -Nova to 200. (Decided to stop at 199. 3 more ISO and he is at 200. 200 will be for 13 cover 4*. Came in to another cover, so he is 5/4/3, with goal of 5/5/3. Another black came in, but started a dupe with it.)
    -Last 10 levels to BSS to take him to 315, to tank for JG/SW. (Done)
    -Maybe take Miles/Quake to 140, to join Venom, Chulk, Howard and Gwen. Eliminate my 4* 120 tier. Quake can't go past 147, otherwise I'd consider eliminating my 4* 140 tier and taking them all to 160. (Done, 120 tier gone, 4* at 200, 160, 140 or 70. Got Quake covers from CW 2, Team IM, might take them all to 160 and eliminate 140 4* tier.)
    -Was gonna raise Thor4/IM40 dupes, stopped them at 160/120. They're my fast climb PVP team, so might eventually get them to 200/166 (Done, Thor4 taken to 200, IM40 dupe at 166 and champ'd. IM40 triple still at 40 5/3/5. Wish my Iceman dupe was stronger than 0/0/4, would love to have a leveled dupe of Iceman to pair with IM40.)
    -If I get a final purple JG, will raise the 5/3/5 dupe to 200. (Got it, raised her to 200.)
    -Next PX blue will get my triple 5 blues, so will probably take 5/3/5 dupe to 160. (Got it, now considering turning 1 of them into a 3/5/5, will probably be the 160 5/4/4 and take him to 200, have a yellow in the queue that will probably change him to 4/4/5 until last purple comes in. 5/3/5 dupe is currently at 140. 5/5/2 triple is at 70.)
    -GG to 285, to play around with his yellow. (Low on priority list, have not done)
    -Maybe start Rd 4 of championing 3*, but probably wouldn't do all 10. Rd 4 might be 4 3*; Human Torch, Sentry, Doc Ock, Ragnarok, Doom. That order b/c of usefulness to me, and ability to respec as needed. Rd 5, Falcon, Spidey, Squirrel Girl, Hulk and Punisher might never get done, since I don't see a need to respec any of them. (Not done either, had covers for a few of the 3*, but decided to toss them in grinder for ISO, instead of paying the ~70k to max and champ them.)

My roster