Roster progress report, and plans for your roster

Options

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I recently got XPool and Thoress to max level and championed them both, but now I'm kinda stuck on what to do next.

Hulkbuster is at 12 covers, so that doesn't feel viable yet. Jean Grey is at 10. Professor X is at 13 now, but...ehhhh I dunno, he doesn't feel like a high priority. I've got 80k ISO banked up, so I can't max anyone out just yet. Anyone fancy taking a look at my roster and giving me suggestions?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I recently got XPool and Thoress to max level and championed them both, but now I'm kinda stuck on what to do next.

Hulkbuster is at 12 covers, so that doesn't feel viable yet. Jean Grey is at 10. Professor X is at 13 now, but...ehhhh I dunno, he doesn't feel like a high priority. I've got 80k ISO banked up, so I can't max anyone out just yet. Anyone fancy taking a look at my roster and giving me suggestions?
    your hb and rulk are 1 cover away from 13 and both should be high on a priority list. I'd try and position both of them in a spot where when one hits, I can get there quickly. your rulk is actually not bad as-is since you have 5 green. you're just light on the purple feeder (red is nearly irrelevant other than getting to 13). conversely hb isn't much use until you get that 5th red. but I'd work them both up. if you get them both to 250 before one hits and you just want a place to go with your iso, your xfw isn't a bad choice, especially with your xpool champ. those are a fun pair.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    your hb and rulk are 1 cover away from 13 and both should be high on a priority list. I'd try and position both of them in a spot where when one hits, I can get there quickly. your rulk is actually not bad as-is since you have 5 green. you're just light on the purple feeder (red is nearly irrelevant other than getting to 13). conversely hb isn't much use until you get that 5th red. but I'd work them both up. if you get them both to 250 before one hits and you just want a place to go with your iso, your xfw isn't a bad choice, especially with your xpool champ. those are a fun pair.

Yeah, HB and Rulk are two that I want to max out, but wasn't sure about doing so without full covers. Guess it depends on who hits 183 first, my 179 IM40 or my 176 Sentry. Or my 177 Iron Fist, come to think of it.

I figured I'd continue to save up my ISO until something presented itself. I definitely wanted to max Thoress out because, well...she's my favourite Marvel character currently.

It's been so damn hard trying to get 13 covers for X-Force Wolvie. Like...madness. He might actually end up getting to 13 covers first since Patch is level 180. Geting actually kinda awkward soon since I'm going to start potentially getting 4* covers I don't need. Would be a shame to sell them for the 1000 ISO.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got my Jean to 270 this evening, now considering my options for the iso. I've only got Fury and Elektra ready to max out, so going to hold off on levelling them. I'll probably do a combination of bringing some 4*s up a bit for Crash, then bring another couple of 3* to champion levels 29 at the moment, and intend on picking them all off.
    With Hulkbuster then Jean boosted, I easily got to 1000 each event this season at reduced shield expenditure, so will see how this goes without them boosted.
    I'm deffo now getting hit by some bigger guns, lots of beefy OMLs of there, if which I'm actually starting to fight then for big points.

Cheers
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I do finally have icon_lukecage.png & icon_ironfist.png Champion'd, so that's an advantage.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Two seasons back:
    "This season" plan checked off: Now down to five non-champed 3*'s (SG, QS, DocOc, Psy, Sentry...who I expect to max as next 3*), finished five more since last update.

"Next season" plan checked off: Pulled that last Cyc and another couple - maxed him as my fifth 4* champ.

"Two seasons from now" plan underway: Pushed 3/3/5 FalCap to 172 for his DDQ (next one) and 4/4/4 MrF to 172 (in about 12 days). Next season I'll need to bump up a couple of other 4*'s to 172 to make them more easily DDQ'able, their turns are coming up [current can get to 172 and are lower: Rhulk 152, X23 111, Cho 74, GR/Iceman/Nova/Venom all can go to 130-140 and all sitting under level 100].

I've had enough KP and Carnage covers to max them for several seasons - but still hoping for more Rhulk or DPXF covers (have 11 of each), so I'll push them to 220ish first to get them ready to go. Depending on who comes up as 3* essential next season, this may happen towards the end of next season.

Debating about moving my 1/5/1 Phoenix to near the 360 level cap, that may be the "two seasons from now" plan. Best 5* by far (5/0/0 SS, thanks there RNG) - neither are really scary enough to level as a scarecrow. Did pull a Spider-Man 5* champion Vision the other day, so now I have five 5*'s rostered (no Goblin) and all are level 255, there they can stay for now.

Last season:
    3*'s: Maxed Sentry at beginning of season expecting his PVP to come up - it did. Maxed SG with her DDQ came up, expect her PVP next season. Maxed Psylock when I drained a Taco Vault that included her. Only have two 3*'s not champed: QS/Doc Ock (both at 140, ~60K ISO to hit 166).

Many are reaching the 183, where you get a 4* for championing -

LT - First 183 - used Purple Rhulk for 12th cover.
    Hulk: 183 - tossed Green-Cho (5/5/1)
    DP: 183 - tossed Red-DPXF (5/4/3)
    Bullseye: 183 - tossed KP
    KK: 183 - champed GT
    Rags: 182 - will use X-23 (3/3/5)
    GSBW: 182 - will toss Fury
    She-Hulk: 182 - will use Cho-black
    Magneto: 181 - will toss PX
    Beast: 180 - will use (champ) Jean
    SW: 180 - will toss PX
    Cap: 180 - will toss Falcap (4/4/5)

Twelve 3*'s 180 or above. Will use THREE (and champ two more) of those first champs reaching 183 4* reward - the ISO issue is real.

4* Progress: This was my "get everything DDQ'able" season:
    FalCaP: 4/4/5 (from 3/3/5) moved to 172, beat his DDQ.
    MrF: 5/3/5 (from 4/4/4) moved to 172, beat his DDQ (after several tries)
    RHulk: 4/5/4 (from 3/5/3) moved to 172, beat his DDQ
    Cho: 5/5/1 (from 5/5/0) moved to 172, ready for his DDQ
    X-23: 3/3/5 moved to 172, ready for her DDQ
    Ghost Rider: 3/3/3 (from 3/2/2) moved to 172, hopefully ready for his DDQ
    IceMan: 4/2/2 (from 3/2/1) moved to 168 (max), beat his DDQ

Previously at 172 or higher: SL, PX, KP, IW, Elektra, Carnage, Ant-Man, Fury, DD, Jean, Cyc, Thor, XF, IM. That's 23 that should be able to DDQ...no coincidence that it's everyone introduced before championing, where I cover-maxed them when pulling the early LT's.

Lower that 172: Miles (3/1/1) Venom (1/1/5, maybe could DDQ? 156 max possible) Nova (2/3/1), Two or less covers for Gwen/Quake/Punisher. Six that can't DDQ so far, all sitting below level 100.

5*: I reached year two and finally got a non-black SS! Now 5/1/0 and 1/0/0 SS's...yep, pulled a SIXTH blue SS before getting any other covers. Also luckily pulled Green and Red Jean. She's at 2/5/2 and I moved her to level 300. It would likely be best to get her to 350+ as a better scarecrow, but I don't want to waste some upcoming 4*'s.

Next season: I champed into my 12th Rhulk cover and drained a DDQ vault to hit my 13th Rhulk cover. Looks like he'll be coming up as a reward at the end of the season, I'll be working from today forward to max him. I have DPXF at 5/4/3: frustratingly tossed out
    his red cover that was rewarded this season and another red cover that 3*DP champed into - that's five reds I've tossed. Today pulled day 744 purple drop to go to twelve covers. Thing is at 3/4/5. Both of these characters will be priority after Rhulk is maxed, all three (Rhulk/DPXF/Thing) rewarded the one cover I have five of last time they were 1K rewards...so theoretically should be able to use their next reward. It also means this update will be very, VERY short over the next few seasons.

I'm also hoarding CP and LT's until at least Rhulk and possibly one (if not two or three) of these other 4*'s are maxed. This will continue unless a new 5* makes OML/Phoenix draw % go down.

This season:

DDQ progress: took Venom to 172 and Miles to 131, won both. Debating about taking 3/3/1 Nova from 70 to 152 to give me a shot for his DDQ - didn't fail any up to this point but Nova will be the last one I have a shot at winning until the repeats start. Two seasons ago the goal was get most to 172 to make them win DDQ's - on that goal I was quite successful.

4* progress: Rhulk done (172->270, first event next season will probably reward the LT extra level). Thing went from 172->230, event giving another cover should come near end of next season and that's my priority. DPXF after that (currently 172), 12 covers and 13th cover should come middle of (two seasons from now).

Hoarding started last off-season to stop wasting so many 4* covers, now at 10 LT's and 248 CP - awaiting word from D3 about when new characters get added to see when these get pulled. Still champing 3*'s to first 4* cover and tossing them - Gamora and Grocket both hit 183 this week, two Starlord covers got tossed.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm taking a pause from championing any more of my 3* characters; the next ones I want to do are Panther, Witch, Hulk, and IM40, in no particular order. All are at 13 covers but need a lot of ISO to get to 166 and to champion. So I'm putting what ISO I'm getting into them for a while. At the rate I'm going .. yeesh. This game is so freaking stingy. I'll be weeks, probably.
    Well I've got Panther, Witch, IM40, and Marvel champed now. Hulk is at 156 and climbing as I get ISO. So a touch over 4 weeks to get those 4 done, and Hulk should be done .. end of the week maybe?

1 x 3* champ per week isn't bad I guess, but the next lot of my 3* to champ need more & more ISO. Bullseye for example is at 146 so he needs 48K. Then DD, Pun at 144: 53K each. Then 3 more at 142: 57K each. Sheesh.

This week I've suddenly pulled two Quake covers, a green & yellow, so she's on board now. That's 81 characters for me. Never would have thought that when I started playing.

Oh yeah: I finally caved in & put Moonstone on the roster. She's cover-maxed now but I'm not wasting ISO on her for a good long while. So that's every 2* save ol' Bagman. No more skipping 2* essentials.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Currently working through championing all my 3*s. My 4*s are coming along slowly, cover wise, but I'm the sort of person who wants all my 2*s championed (done) and 3*s championed (currently 20 done) before moving onto piling iso into the 4*s.

Yes, I appreciate that is prolonging the game so much more than most players would but its what makes the game most enjoyable for me. The long haul. If I had very little to do, I'd probably quit the game and move onto something else.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got my 2nd 4* champion yesterday in DP. He's murder when boosted with an enabler for one or both of his abilities. Up next is antman. Then we'll have to see who gets cover maxed first. PX is going to stay at 166 unless I feel like building a dupe, and IW won't be getting any more ISO until I win the lottery. I have 3 4*s with 11 covers at around level 200-- rhulk, GR and KP. If I don't get additional covers for any of them, I'll focus on bringing my other 11 and 12 cover 4*s up to that level too-- wxf, 4thor, hb.

Down to three 3*s that aren't champed, all around lvl 120-- Rags, Falcon and Spidey. I've been selling their covers whenever they come up, and don't foresee making them champions any time soon.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I broke down and championed Captain Marvel so that's 11 three star champions now. The game kept throwing her covers at me and she was the essential 3 star for a 7 day release event.

I only have 13 three star characters left that aren't max covered. Unfortunately Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Rocket and Groot, Scarlet Witch and Cyclops are all in that 13. I may champion Dakken next because I use him and Patch constantly on seed teams and trivial nodes to save health packs. Another option would be Grey Suit Black Widow.

Another thing I'm considering is pausing the 3* characters and leveling up some 4* characters. Nova just hit 4/2/2 this week and if the Civil War event gives one Hulkbuster of each color then he could end up 4/3/3. Professor X will also hit 4/2/2 if I hit 1K in Black Vortex but I'm still missing 4 or 5 Scarlet Witch covers.

It's really a question of championing another 3* or leveling my 4* characters who are hitting 8 or more covers.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion wrote:
    Orion wrote:
    Fully updated roster is in my signature below.

Champion 4*s:

icon_jeangrey.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_thor.pngicon_carnage.png

33 out of 40 Champion 3*s. Only ones missing are:

icon_psylocke.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_sentry.pngicon_vision.pngicon_storm.pngicon_quicksilver.png

I can't see myself championing them anytime soon. Just not enough ISO.

10 out of 14 Champion 2*s. Need Torch, Ms. Marvel, Bullseye and Bagman. Again, just not enough ISO to worry about them right now.

I have plenty of cover-maxed 4*s, but not enough ISO to get them even close to 270. But since my 5*s are at the point where they're better than any 4*, what's the point in leveling any of them? Sure, they're nice when they're boosted, but I'd need millions of ISO to get them all that good.

Basically the 4* transition is a joke. You only need to level up 2 or 3 top tier 4*s, then hope you get lucky enough to get your 5*s online. Once you get 7 covers in some 5*s, the rest of your 4* roster becomes irrelevant.

I haven't spent any ISO in the last few weeks on anybody that's not a 4* or 5*. There's no point. I did get X-23 up to champion level and I'm currently working on Cyclops. I want to get Cyclops, Red Hulk, Iceman and Deadpool up to 270, but none of the rest of the 4*s seem like a high priority after that. Maybe I'll bump up SS or Phoenix so I can run 2 5*s in PvP events. But then I'm worried about running into the big whales.

So it's been a month and I've championed Cyclops, Iceman and Rocket & Groot. That's pretty slow progress for a month's worth of effort. It's a little discouraging to only be able to bring up a single 4* every 2 weeks.

I did very recently get 2 more covers for OML to max him out at 5/4/4. I have a Kingpin cover waiting for me to champion him and then I'll work on bringing OML up to 450. That's a little more than 200k needed for both of those tasks so that's about the next 2 weeks worth of ISO spoken for.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last status:
    I've stayed on target and have banked all CP and LTs while I work towards getting Bobby leveled up. I maxed him at 250 this weekend and I'm hoarding ISO to max him at 270 when the last cover I need is available in the next PVP.

It's funny now that I've hit 405 CP, I don't even feel the urge to crack them open.

Current:

I was able to champ and respec Bobby in time. I then moved onto champing XPool next. Now I'm working on leveling the 4* DDQ lowbies to at least 140 and bringing up my OML to his max of 330.

Next up will be leveling 4* Cyc and buying his last cover with CP before he comes up in the PVP rotation again.

I currently have 6 LT and 884 CP banked.

I do love having a plan because it has lowered my stress so much due to the ISO drought. I'm not rushing to grind as much ISO as possible.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madok wrote:
    I was able to champ and respec Bobby in time. I then moved onto champing XPool next. Now I'm working on leveling the 4* DDQ lowbies to at least 140 and bringing up my OML to his max of 330.

Next up will be leveling 4* Cyc and buying his last cover with CP before he comes up in the PVP rotation again.

I champed Cyc after Jeanbuster - I never, ever use him except when he's boosted. Strong, but AI can't play him right (sort of like Ice, but Ice probably better) and he doesn't have a good passive or enough health to be any kind of scarecrow.

OML at 330 and you'll only ever used one other character anyway - DPXF hides great behind him. I wouldn't ever buy a 4* cover with CP - open instead, upping your chances to improve the only character that matters (OML) and getting you more 4* covers to win more DDQ's to get more 5* chances.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Last week I finally finished maxing 4* Thor. I'd had her at 5/3/5 ~Lv 230 for a long time - since I'd previously finished champing PX (just in time for some new covers to enter my queue) I thought it was a good idea to get Thor ready just in case. It was good timing, because I pulled a Thor cover moments after maxing her out, so she's officially my 4th champed 4*.

I went back to sprinkling ISO across my 4*s; in particular, I've been taking anyone with 10+ covers to Lv 200. It's a relatively good "resting spot" and helps break up my roster (the closest champed 3* is level 179).

So I have Kingpin, Fury, X-23 and Carnage all at 200, I've still got IW, Elektra and Flaptain to bring up.

Carnage was at 5/3/3 when I took him to 200, but I just pulled 2 Black and 1 Red cover in the space of about 5 tokens at the end of season, so now I'm going to try and get that ~100k in the next two weeks. DDQ gives ~5k a day, so that actually accounts for 70k, which means I've just got to make sure I do my dailies and keep all my winnings stashed and it's really quite achievable. So Carnage will probably be my 5th champ in the 4* tier (and just like Thor it'll be just after the weekly buff). I've really not used him very much at all, so I guess this will be interesting. I suppose now I'll have a genuine "scarecrow" to limit the number of 3* rosters that hit me in PvP.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have 10 3* champions (mostly championed when I was completely clueless and thought I'd always have enough ISO). Some of them are pretty lackluster, especially the fist ones I championed:
    icon_blackwidow.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_doctordoom.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_squirrelgirl.pngicon_thor.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_humantorch.png

Now the objective is to champion 10 more, but this time I'm only focussing on good characters:
    icon_cyclops.pngicon_blade.pngicon_hood.pngicon_blackpanther.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_magneto.png

I need about 1 million ISO for these 10 champions and right now I have about 200k. I'm saving up while I'm getting the last covers.

At the same time, I'm trying to unlock more roster slots to start building my 4*/5* tiers. At the moment, I have a few 4*s rostered at 1 or 2 covers...
    icon_drax.pnghoward_icon.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_professorx.pngicon_invisiblewoman.pngicon_falcon.pngicon_ghostrider.pngicon_thing.png

...and a few covers waiting for a roster slot:
    icon_x23.pngicon_mrfantastic.pngicon_nova.png

The idea is to roster most or all the 4*s (and any 5* that I open along the way) and take it from there. But for now I'm sitting at around 460 CP and not opening any LTs because I'm roster slot starved.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Transferring this from the other similar thread

Day 744
    metallion wrote:
    Leaving my progress here for my own future reference since my roster spreadsheet doesn't let me view my edit history icon_neutral.gif

Day 744, 77 slots

5*s: icon_wolverine.png and icon_silversurfer.png both at 1 cover each (both blackflag.png )

4*s: icon_wolverine.png lvl229 (4/5/4), icon_nickfury.png lvl190 (5/5/3), icon_invisiblewoman.png lvl160 (5/2/4), icon_starlord.png lvl140 (2/4/3), icon_elektra.png lvl140 (3/3/2), icon_thor.png lvl135 (4/1/1), icon_devildino.png lvl127 (2/3/2), icon_deadpool.png lvl94 (3/2/2), icon_professorx.png lvl90 (2/0/2), icon_redhulk.pngicon_mrfantastic.pngicon_falcon.png lvl78 (1/1/1), icon_ironman.pngicon_jeangrey.png lvl74 (0/1/1), icon_kingpin.png lvl70 (1/3/0), icon_antman.png lvl70 (2/0/0), icon_carnage.png lvl70 (0/0/2), icon_cyclops.png lvl70 (1/1/0), icon_x23.png lvl70 (0/0/1). Missing icon_iceman.pngicon_thing.png

3*s: All maxed covered on day 730. icon_blade.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_daken.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_falcon.pngicon_hood.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_loki.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_thor.pngicon_wolverine.png maxed lvled and perfect covered.

icon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_psylocke.pngicon_quicksilver.pngicon_sentry.pngicon_spiderman.pngicon_squirrelgirl.pngicon_vision.png lvl120, icon_ragnarok.png lvl100, the rest at lvl140.

icon_bullseye.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_psylocke.pngicon_ragnarok.png all one cover away from perfect cover, to be achieved by end of this set of 3 DDQ cycles. The rest are how I want them to be.

2*s: All except icon_spiderman.png rostered, icon_bullseye.png lvl78, icon_humantorch.png lvl39, icon_ms_marvel.png lvl15, the rest maxed

1*s: icon_ironman.pngicon_juggernaut.pngicon_storm.png rostered and maxed

Day 869
    metallion wrote:
    Was checking out my past post history for fun when I came across my old post here, so I thought I would do an update to check my progress.

Currently Day 869, 87 slots
    5*s: all at lvl255 icon_jeangrey.png (1/1/3), icon_wolverine.png (2/1/0), icon_silversurfer.png (1/0/1)

4*s: icon_ironman.png lvl258 (3/5/5), icon_wolverine.png lvl229 (5/5/3), icon_nickfury.png lvl190 (5/5/3), icon_invisiblewoman.png lvl160 (5/3/5), icon_deadpool.png lvl150 (5/4/2), icon_elektra.png lvl140 (5/4/4), icon_thor.png lvl135 (5/2/1), icon_devildino.png lvl127 (2/3/2), icon_jeangrey.png lvl94 (1/2/1), icon_professorx.png lvl94 (3/1/3), icon_mrfantastic.png lvl78 (2/1/3), icon_redhulk.png lvl78 (2/2/2), icon_falcon.png lvl78 (2/1/1), icon_antman.png lvl70 (3/3/1), icon_carnage.png lvl70 (1/0/4), icon_kingpin.png lvl70 (1/3/1), icon_cyclops.png lvl70 (1/2/2), icon_x23.png lvl70 (1/0/3), icon_hulkcho.png lvl70 (2/1/1),

icon_thing.png lvl70 (1/0/2), icon_miles.png lvl70 (1/1/1), icon_ghostrider.png lvl70 (0/1/1), icon_venom.png lvl70 (1/1/0), icon_nova.png lvl70 (1/0/0), icon_iceman.pngicon_spidergwen.png lvl70 (0/1/0), icon_quake.png lvl70 (0/0/1)

3*s: All 3*s perfect covered except icon_ironman.png due to the buff. icon_ironfist.png lvl177, icon_blackpanther.pngicon_doctordoom.png lvl172, icon_beast.pngicon_deadpool.png lvl171, icon_blackwidow.pngicon_blade.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_loki.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_falcon.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_storm.png lvl170,

icon_bullseye.pngicon_daken.pngicon_gamora.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_hood.pngicon_thor.pngicon_wolverine.png lvl169, icon_mystique.pngicon_shehulk.png lvl168,

icon_caroldanvers.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_daredevil.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_punisher.png lvl140, icon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_psylocke.pngicon_quicksilver.pngicon_sentry.pngicon_spiderman.pngicon_squirrelgirl.pngicon_vision.png lvl120, icon_ragnarok.png lvl100

2*s: icon_storm.png lvl120, icon_blackwidow.png lvl119, icon_ares.png lvl113, icon_hawkeye.png lvl112, the rest no change from previously

1*s: no change from previously

Notable Changes over the past 4 months:
    1) Increase in number of roster slots: 77 to 87 over 120 days, that's 1000HP spent every 12 days on average
    2) Increase in number of 4* characters, covers and levels: 19 chars, 102 covers and 2037 levels to 27 characters, 162 covers and 2791 levels. Gotta thank championing for giving me so many LTs.
    3) HUGE improvement for IMHB: from 2 covers at lvl74 to 13 covers at lvl258. Even I'm shocked at this.
    4) Finally all 4*s rostered: 4 months on from this post, I finally rostered my first icon_iceman.png cover a couple of days ago. My holy grail indeed
    5) More 3*s maxed out: 15 maxed out to 26 maxed and championed. 14 more to go

Can't say I'm disappointed with this progress, not when my IMHB literally went from zero to hero in 4 months. Let's see how this pans out in the next few months (if I'm even here by then)

Day 915, 97 slots
    5*s: all at lvl255 icon_jeangrey.png (2/1/4), icon_wolverine.png (2/1/0), icon_silversurfer.png (1/0/1)

4*s: icon_ironman.png lvl271 (5/5/3), icon_wolverine.png lvl229 (5/5/3), icon_nickfury.png lvl190 (5/5/3), icon_invisiblewoman.png lvl160 (5/3/5), icon_deadpool.png lvl150 (5/4/3), icon_elektra.png lvl140 (5/4/4), icon_thor.png lvl135 (5/3/1), icon_devildino.png lvl127 (2/3/2), icon_jeangrey.png lvl94 (1/3/2), icon_professorx.png lvl94 (4/1/4), howard_icon.png lvl90 (1/1/2), icon_quake.png lvl74 (0/1/2), icon_hulkcho.png lvl70 (2/1/1), icon_nova.png lvl70 (1/0/0), icon_drax.png lvl70 (0/0/1)

The following 4*s at lvl78
    icon_carnage.png 3/1/5, icon_antman.png 3/3/1, icon_mrfantastic.png 2/1/4, icon_falcon.png 2/3/2, icon_kingpin.png 1/4/1, icon_cyclops.png 1/2/3, icon_redhulk.png 2/2/2, icon_x23.png 2/0/3, icon_iceman.png 2/2/1, icon_miles.pngicon_thing.png 1/1/2, icon_punisher.png 2/1/1
    icon_venom.png 1/2/0, icon_ghostrider.pngicon_spidergwen.png 1/1/1

3*s: All 3*s perfect covered
    icon_gamora.pnglvl180, icon_deadpool.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_loki.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_storm.png lvl178, icon_daken.pngicon_doctordoom.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_hulk.png lvl177, icon_falcon.png lvl176, icon_beast.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_mystique.pngicon_captainamerica.png lvl175, icon_bullseye.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_thor.png lvl174, icon_blackpanther.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_wolverine.png lvl173, icon_ironman.pngicon_scarletwitch.png lvl172, icon_blade.png : icon_rocket.pngicon_hood.png lvl171, icon_caroldanvers.pngicon_spiderman.pngicon_vision.png lvl170, icon_daredevil.png lvl168

icon_colossus_new.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_squirrelgirl.png lvl140, icon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_psylocke.pngicon_quicksilver.pngicon_sentry.png lvl120, icon_ragnarok.png lvl100

2*s: All rostered including icon_spiderman.png
    icon_ares.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_storm.png lvl144, icon_hawkeye.png lvl142, icon_thor.png lvl136, icon_moonstone.png lvl132, icon_captainamerica.png lvl131, icon_magneto.pngicon_wolverine.png lvl129, icon_bullseye.png lvl119, icon_daken.png lvl118, icon_humantorch.png lvl39, icon_spiderman.png lvl31, icon_caroldanvers.png lvl15

1*s: All rostered, icon_ironman.pngicon_juggernaut.pngicon_storm.png maxed, the rest all at level 1

Notable Changes over the past 50 days:
    1. Increase by exactly another 10 roster slots, mainly due to my Pokemon syndrome kicking in after getting so much HP from blowing up the Deadpool vault.
    2. Surprisingly, my rate of 4* acquisition has gone up. Average of 1.31 days per cover gained from days 869-915 compared to 2.08 days per cover gained from days 744-869. Of course, championing started during the timeline of the first period which I can't remember when, so this point is probably moot. Need to compare again during my next update.
    3. Number of 4* covers from first 744 days: 102. Number of 4* covers in the following 171 days :193. CPs and championing have really sped up the transition, though I still suck.
    4. First 4* championed. Am nowhere close to my second.
    5. After more than 4 months without a single icon_iceman.png cover, I added another 4 covers to him in the span of 50 days. Makes me wonder where the hell he went after his release.
    6. I'm slowly but surely reaching the end of the 3* tier. From 26 championed to 32 championed, with icon_squirrelgirl.png to be added to the list by tomorrow. Just 7 left to go after that.
    7. An old issue mentioned to death, but cover acquisition rates is really damned imbalanced. In the past 50 days I've added 11 covers to a championed icon_hulk.png while poor icon_ironfist.png has just one solitary cover in that period. Where are the covers that actually matter?

Short Term Plans
    I have no real urgency for 4* levels given how most of the characters that actually matter are unusable in their current state, therefore the plan is to max out every single one of my 3*s before moving on to 4*s, so that no DDQ reward goes to waste. I'm still considering whether it's worthwhile to max that 2* icon_humantorch.png and icon_caroldanvers.png solely for the champion rewards, but as it stands, it's highly unlikely that I'll be touching them unless I run out of usable 4*s to level. In fact, icon_spiderman.png is going to be a greater priority than those 2, if only for the bragging rights for having the only champed bagman in my entire alliance lol.

Long Term Plans
    Since maxing all those 3*s is going to take a bit of time, 4*s belong in my long term plan. Leveling priority goes to icon_deadpool.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_professorx.pngicon_nickfury.png in this order unless i can get more covers for the better 4*s. icon_invisiblewoman.png and icon_elektra.png gets no love despite being maxed covered since I can't justify maxing 4*s I rarely use considering the cost and time it takes to max them out. Once those 4 are maxed (which won't be anytime soon) ISO will be saved until I can get a good 4* with at least 3 covers in the powers that matter. 5*s is probably going to take a backseat unless I accumulate a boatload of ISO while waiting for 4* covers to drop.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Another season+offseason bites the dust!

Highlight of my season - hiting day 820 for that pretty, pretty OML cover - seriously, I've felt it is one of the prettiest covers in the game since it first appeared. That is all he needs to make him worthy of being a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png .

Down to details.
    Day 820 aside, I went on a dry streak where 5 star.png were concerned until the end of season - them's the breaks and I'm determined not to get caught up in obsessiving over lottery prizes. I also started putting iso in them... it may have ruined the 4 star.png tier for me - takes so little iso in comparison and makes such a noticeable difference.
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    NEW icon_ironman.png from CW event
    icon_wolverine.png from 3/3/4 to 4/3/5, level 270 to 360
    icon_jeangrey.png 5/5/3 level 255 to 290
    icon_jeangrey.png 1/1/1 to 1/2/1
    icon_silversurfer.png 5/4/4 level 255 to 270
    icon_greengoblin.png 0/1/0 unchanged
    icon_spiderman.png 1/1/0 unchanged

star.pngstar.png
    icon_spiderman.png
    Bag-Man went from122 to 137! The end is in sight! So excited!

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    NEW howard_icon.pngicon_drax.pngicon_wintersoldier.png
    Champed icon_thor.pngicon_x23.png
    Started levelling icon_nova.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    Got my first lvl 200 3* icon_ironfist.png a few others gettng close...

Untl next season!
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I need some advice for my next hero.

I have 2 greenflag.pngicon_thing.png covers (about to expire in 2 days), 2 redflag.png Winter Soldier (12 days), 3 3* Deadpool (7 days) and just got 5* IM. My next slot costs 700HP.

Or getting 2* Draken to get Iceman in the Gauntlet assuming Iceman will be required for WM event?

Also have 1 cover for Elektra and Red Hulk. 2 for 3* IM and Punisher.

I have no idea what do next; any input will be very welcomed.
  • Of_Insidious_Mists
    Of_Insidious_Mists Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    jgomes32 wrote:

I have 2 greenflag.pngicon_thing.png covers (about to expire in 2 days), 2 redflag.png Winter Soldier (12 days), 3 3* Deadpool (7 days) and just got 5* IM. My next slot costs 700HP.

Or getting 2* Draken to get Iceman in the Gauntlet assuming Iceman will be required for WM event?

I could be mistaken but I don't think they use the featured 2* for any of the essential nodes of the gauntlet and use two 3*s instead. I remeber the gauntlet they had MR F at the end and hawkeye was listed as essential but wasn't needed for any particular node, and I remember them using a couple required 3*s in past gauntlets even though they list only one. Probably wouldn't hurt to keep one in q just in case though. As for your other covers hmm I'd maybe start hoarding tokens if you have a rostering covers problem. The priority I'd give your covers would probably be Rulk/IM5*/IM50 would be the ones to try and roster way before punisher and elektra. Thing is alright would put him ahead of elektra but under the first 3 I mentioned and 3* Deadpool is great with instakill über whales but don't think he's top tier 3* Not too sure about winter soldier don't have enough covers for him. Hope it helps some. Ultimately one 4* or 5* cover isn't going to make or break you, but with the rarity of 5*s I probably wouldn't get rid of 1 for anything. 4*s almost the same I used to sell up some 2*s or even some weaker 3*s that you could easily get back later on.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jgomes32 wrote:

I could be mistaken but I don't think they use the featured 2* for any of the essential nodes of the gauntlet and use two 3*s instead. I remeber the gauntlet they had MR F at the end and hawkeye was listed as essential but wasn't needed for any particular node, and I remember them using a couple required 3*s in past gauntlets even though they list only one. Probably wouldn't hurt to keep one in q just in case though. As for your other covers hmm I'd maybe start hoarding tokens if you have a rostering covers problem. The priority I'd give your covers would probably be Rulk/IM5*/IM50 would be the ones to try and roster way before punisher and elektra. Thing is alright would put him ahead of elektra but under the first 3 I mentioned and 3* Deadpool is great with instakill über whales but don't think he's top tier 3* Not too sure about winter soldier don't have enough covers for him. Hope it helps some. Ultimately one 4* or 5* cover isn't going to make or break you, but with the rarity of 5*s I probably wouldn't get rid of 1 for anything. 4*s almost the same I used to sell up some 2*s or even some weaker 3*s that you could easily get back later on.

Thanks for the imput.

Decided to go for WS. He was sort of skipped as an essencial so chances are i'm gonna need him soon anyway. Having to drop Thing's covers is something i'm sure gonna regret when i get the next one, but decisions...

I have 13 days to get 5*IM, it's enough to buy a new slot. He will definitely be next after Bucky.

Side question: Will XLVI screw me over? I have 2 5* at 270 and my third character is at 172.