Roster progress report, and plans for your roster

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    When champions were released, I quickly championed the dozen 3*s I had at 166, and all 2*s but ms marvel, moonstone and bagman. The original plan was to get the remaining 3* championed first, especially those that were direct upgrade paths of 2*s (Torch, Storm, Daken, Rag, Ironman and Bulleyes). However, after championing a few more 3*s I noticed my 4* roster was slowing creeping to max covers. The iso cost to max and champion 3x 3*s is the equivalent of maxing and championing of a 4*. Also, some of the 3* champions were getting closer to their 4* cover reward. It's now better for me to focus on 4*s. More impact in pvp, and I rather toss 2-3* covers than 4* covers. I just got my 4th 4* maxed (in order, IMHB, iceman, jean and cyclops), next will be XFDP (currently up to level 210). This means I had to soft cap some 2* champions at 98, and 3* champions at 182 (in order to not waste their cover rewards). This has the added benefit of allowing me to sell these soft cap covers for iso to feed the 4*s. In 2-3 months time, Most of my 4*s will be championed and I can shift the focus back to 3*s and 2*s. It also means I will be able to spend some of the hoarded command points. With luck, I'll get several 5* covers and the lower tiers will have to wait some more.
  • mgallop
    mgallop Posts: 120
    Currently Championed:

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png (7)
    icon_jeangrey.pngicon_thing.pngicon_carnage.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_redhulk.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_ironman.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png (12)
    icon_daken.pngicon_blackpanther.pngicon_hood.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_thor.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_cyclops.png

star.pngstar.png (2)
    icon_ares.pngicon_blackwidow.png

The remaining plan in basically triage on star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png covers. Cyke, Ant-Man and KP are covermaxed and if I get one, I'll try to level and champ before it expires. X23 is nearly there. I'm pretty sure I'm done champing 3s and 2s, and so once those 4 (and Nova) get champed, I'll start pouring ISO into whichever 5 I have thats closest to usable.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2016
    Started Round 3 of Championing 3*, with Bullseye. Come to realize, it's solely an LT grab for 69k a pop, since I probably won't use the 3* outside of their PVPs and Essentials in PVEs. I'm ok with that. Once I get Vision champ'd, 35k more ISO, I'll put the last 15 levels on OML to take him to 345. Captain Marvel will be next 3* champ, as I saved her DDQ cover and pulled another today. Still got 4cyc, X23 and GR at 160, and in no rush to get them to join the other 4* at 200. Will put ISO into Chulk (currently lvl 140) and the level 70 4* (Miles, Nova, Venom, Gwen) when their DDQ's come up. Might take my Thor dupe to 200, since I do use her and IM40 in my PVP climb. She is 3/5/5 now though, should be 4/4/5 after next PVP, but might wait til I get the 5th red. XFDP dupe is now 5/2/5, so might level him soon, for PVE purposes, but might leave him at 199, so I know which build is which.

On my 4*, for my preferred builds, I only need Iceman blue, 2 Rhulk purples, GR red, Cyc blue (respec), 4 Chulk blues, 3 Miles, 6 Novas, 7 Venoms and 7 Gwens. If I get the Iceman/Rhulks/GR, I might consider hoarding CP and LTs. I'm a long ways away from maxing/championing any 4*, and even my 4* dupes are starting to get covered.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    lukewin wrote:
    Come to realize, it's solely an LT grab for 69k a pop, since I probably won't use the 3* outside of their PVPs and Essentials in PVEs. I'm ok with that.

That's how I've come to accept 3*'s also. I hate throwing away covers, and this season has tried to shame me by giving me five colossus, five beast, five storm, and now four vision sitting in Queue....so I've champed all of them. Didn't expect to - but like you, I have everyone sitting where it costs about 70K ISO for a LT, and I'll take that price.

If I scroll up, I check out my plans:
    30 max 3*'s, 4 max 4*'s.

Plans this season: finish championing 3*'s that I want to (won't bother with Doc Oc, Psylocke, Colossus, Beast, Quicksilver, Sentry, Storm, Squirrel, Vision. May leave 70K ISO in reserve most of the time to complete one of these from level 140 if I feel boosts don't help me that given week.)

Plans next season: pulled four Cyc covers recently, up to twelve. Probably spend all of next season moving cyc from 172 to 250.

Plans for two seasons from now: move many of the newer 4*'s up to 172 for their DDQ's that will come up that season - 4*'s that I had poorly covered until championing those 30 3*'s!

"This season" plan checked off: Now down to five non-champed 3*'s (SG, QS, DocOc, Psy, Sentry...who I expect to max as next 3*), finished five more since last update.

"Next season" plan checked off: Pulled that last Cyc and another couple - maxed him as my fifth 4* champ.

"Two seasons from now" plan underway: Pushed 3/3/5 FalCap to 172 for his DDQ (next one) and 4/4/4 MrF to 172 (in about 12 days). Next season I'll need to bump up a couple of other 4*'s to 172 to make them more easily DDQ'able, their turns are coming up [current can get to 172 and are lower: Rhulk 152, X23 111, Cho 74, GR/Iceman/Nova/Venom all can go to 130-140 and all sitting under level 100]. [Offseason update: Rhulk and X23 both are at 172. Twelve Thing covers, may be next to move up...but DPXF will be a daily drop by end of next season, and another RHulk cover after thee more 3* LT covers: those will be my next three to level.]

I've had enough KP and Carnage covers to max them for several seasons - but still hoping for more Rhulk or DPXF covers (have 11 of each), so I'll push them to 220ish first to get them ready to go. Depending on who comes up as 3* essential next season, this may happen towards the end of next season.

Debating about moving my 1/5/1 Phoenix to near the 360 level cap, that may be the "two seasons from now" plan. Best 5* by far (5/0/0 SS, thanks there RNG) - neither are really scary enough to level as a scarecrow. Did pull a Spider-Man 5* champion Vision the other day, so now I have five 5*'s rostered (no Goblin) and all are level 255, there they can stay for now.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    With a new season approaching rapidly, it's time again for my favourite activity - navel gazing with MPQ!

Despite falling asleep half a dozen times while attempting to update my roster, I managed to finish at last and save the changes safely.

So, over the course of one season and 3/4 of an off-season during which I played all pvps and pves and opened all tokens that landed in my grubby paws, I have:

1) Max championed all 2*s to 144 except a Very Reluctant Bagman, whom I have seen neither bag nor web of in a week's worth of pvp, a brief run in shield simulator for season points, and lightning rounds. From 106 to 111 - I managed to get 5 covers for him in approximately one month. This is significant - I will explain later.

2) Gained approximately 150 champion levels distributed unevenly across 40 3* champs.

3) At the 4* level, I managed to champ XFDP and Bobby, and get Jean up to 251. Ignoring duplicates, I have finished building and/or respeccing Miles, Mr Fantastic, Rhulk, Venom and got Nova to 4/4/4 WITHOUT getting a single cover of Cho. Now is that awesome, or TOTALLY AWESOME? Currently the only non-champed 4* covers I can use are Nova (what best build?) Gwen (still waiting), and Cho.

4) Somehow added 6 5* covers to my menagerie, bringing them to
    2x icon_jeangrey.png 5/4/3
    3x icon_silversurfer.png 5/3/2
    1x icon_wolverine.png 2/3/3

No goblins, and icon_spiderman.png is unchanged at 1/1/0, but really I have no room to complain. Except I need iso desperately.

It's going to be impossible to ever advance like this again... I really need to restrain myself from opening any tokens for the next season. icon_eek.gif

Edit: whoops, evidently I fell asleep typing this post as well. In sum = Bagman is rarer and more precious than 5*s. He is the mark of a true mpq-player - you cannot whale your way to a 144 bagman....
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Now that all of my star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png characters are as high as they currently can go, it's back to raising star.pngstar.pngstar.png heroes. First up is icon_captainamerica.png . Thanks in no small part to the lightning rounds we just had, he's at 133, up from 100 just a couple of days ago. After he hits 166, icon_lukecage.png is next and then probably icon_ironfist.png . They're both currently at 50. I actually don't have 13 covers for Luke yet but I want to have him as high as he can go so he's ready to level when I do receive more covers for him.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Already championed
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_ironman.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_redhulk.pngicon_thing.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_blackwidow.pngicon_blade.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_hood.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_squirrelgirl.png

star.pngstar.png
    icon_blackwidow.pngicon_ms_marvel.pngicon_storm.pngicon_wolverine.png

Current plan is putting all iso8.png into star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_cyclops.png then icon_deadpool.png

Mostly stuck to the plan, icon_iceman.png pushed icon_deadpool.png out of the way and I pulled a few Phoenix covers, now 1/4/4 so Deadpool will wait a bit more since I'm now working on her
    A month later things are still going as planned. Since last update I've
    Raised Phoenix to 345, maxed and championed XFD, and today took OML to 330

Next I think I'll max IM40, currently 120, I use him a lot in pve where he's effective, but squishy. After that, I haven't yet decided.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Currently putting all my iso into Hulkbuster to bring him up, but it's kinda grim the amount of Iso and time it'll take to get him to 270. I need 4 x 3* covers to cover max my last two, so it's all about the 4*s and trying to be able to hit 1000 consistently and with less shields, and my expectation is that a 270 HB will be part of the stategy. And I've put 20+ levels into him to take him to 220 in about 4 days, but to see the level costs stretch out in front of me is just a bit of a scunner. So I'll likely save up the next few days to consider putting some into Elektra for her pvp (12 covers, level 135) then see about getting the rest of Hulkbuster 's iso through this season, then maybe champion a couple of my 3* stragglers as it's "cheap" and "quick" to bring them up from 140.....

Still, finally got my fourth XFW black cover; he had only been sitting at 533 for about 8 months...!
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Champs so far:

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_jeangrey.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_cyclops.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    All of them

star.pngstar.png
    icon_ares.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_thor.pngicon_storm.pngicon_wolverine.png

Other notables:
    lvl 390 OML
    All characters rostered except Green Goblin

Plans:
    Level XFDP from 200 to 270, since I have 3 covers in queue plus whatever I get from heroic.
    Stockpile ISO until I get a cover for one of the following:
    OML
    Phoenix
    Red Hulk
    Iceman

Update: After successfully champing XFDP, I just got Iceman from 207 to 270 today and he should be champed after the PVE sub ends. Will start saving up for next project.
  • JeffCascadian
    Okey dokey. Steve Rogers is now at 166 awaiting an extra cover until I Champion him. Next up: Cage!
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    Mid-season update due to some surprise changes.

Bagman managed to get to 118... six covers for the season to date.

Nova finished, leaving Gwen, Cho and Quake as the only incomplete released 4*s.

Got OML to 3/3/3, maxed covered Surfer and Phoenix without having been afflicted by the pain of an unusable cover. (5 5* covers, one less than bagman.)

I'm feeling some sort of existential crisis. Like I'm done with the game. The odds of continued progress has dwindled far below any meaningful likelihood. I'm tired of the endless grinding for 70 iso when the amount I need is counted in millions. Just... done.
  • JeffCascadian
    The plan to Champion icon_lukecage.png has been slightly delayed by my only having 11 covers for him. Level 140 is still very useful for him, though.

I hadn't intended to Champion star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png but then received to covers for him beyond the 13 I already had. So that happened.

I honestly don't know who I'll Champion next. I'm just accumulating iso8.png until I see something that points me towards a particular character.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I think I'm hitting critical mass on the 3* transition. Already had IM40, Hulk and Quicksilver championed. Got my 13th and 14th covers for Rags and had no other options so championed him.

Then I got covers 12, 13 and 14 for 3* Thor and figured he was next. However I picked up my 6th green cover for Patch and am hoping to get cover 13 for him tonight. Also picked up covers 12, 13 and 14 for Captain Marvel 3*. Also have a green and yellow for KK in queue but need a pink for her to be able to champion. I also just got my 13th cover for Daredevil this week and he is the reward in the next event.

So...possibly champing Patch then Thor then Ms Marvel then DareDevil. I guess I have to see how much ISO I can grind out as well as if any other surprise covers show up. Meanwhile a couple of 4*'s have hit 6 covers, hopefully one of them might be PvE usable soon.
  • JeffCascadian
    HaywireII wrote:
    I think I'm hitting critical mass on the 3* transition. Already had IM40, Hulk and Quicksilver championed. Got my 13th and 14th covers for Rags and had no other options so championed him.

Then I got covers 12, 13 and 14 for 3* Thor and figured he was next. However I picked up my 6th green cover for Patch and am hoping to get cover 13 for him tonight. Also picked up covers 12, 13 and 14 for Captain Marvel 3*. Also have a green and yellow for KK in queue but need a pink for her to be able to champion. I also just got my 13th cover for Daredevil this week and he is the reward in the next event.

So...possibly champing Patch then Thor then Ms Marvel then DareDevil. I guess I have to see how much ISO I can grind out as well as if any other surprise covers show up. Meanwhile a couple of 4*'s have hit 6 covers, hopefully one of them might be PvE usable soon.

There's always an option to Championing Ragnarok--that is, you could NOT do so. icon_razz.gif

Kamala Khan, Thor, and Patch are all excellent choices for Championing (and that's the order I'd do them in). Daredevil is OK. I hate to say it because I love her in the comics but Captain Marvel just isn't great.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm taking a pause from championing any more of my 3* characters; the next ones I want to do are Panther, Witch, Hulk, and IM40, in no particular order. All are at 13 covers but need a lot of ISO to get to 166 and to champion. So I'm putting what ISO I'm getting into them for a while. At the rate I'm going .. yeesh. This game is so freaking stingy. I'll be weeks, probably.

My 2* Magneto & Wolverine are nearly maxxed out. I'll miss the bonus rewards from their covers.

4* Thor could go all the way to 192, now, and I've got two more daily resupply covers coming which will take her from 5/1/3 to 5/2/4. But again.. ISO. Stingy. Long time til she gets attention.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    HaywireII wrote:

There's always an option to Championing Ragnarok--that is, you could NOT do so. icon_razz.gif

Kamala Khan, Thor, and Patch are all excellent choices for Championing (and that's the order I'd do them in). Daredevil is OK. I hate to say it because I love her in the comics but Captain Marvel just isn't great.

When I championed Rags I was under the impression that I wouldn't be getting enough covers to champion people regularly. Right after that it started snowballing. I've got 2 Thor, 2 Captain Marvel and 3 KK covers in queue and it's looking like I'm going to get 3 Daredevil covers.

KK can't be championed unless I win her pink cover in Tex Mex. If I do win her cover I think I'll go Thor, KK, Daredevil and sell the Marvel covers. I'm still wondering if this is a fluke or I'm going to always have covers waiting for ISO from now until I've championed all my 3*'s or moved on to 4*'s.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Champs
    icon_redhulk.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_antman.pngicon_thor.pngicon_thing.pngicon_elektra.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_nickfury.pngicon_kingpin.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_carnage.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png Champs
    All of em

star.pngstar.png Champs
    All of em (yes, even bagman)

Current project is getting Old Man Logan, who I finally got the elusive yellow for, to 360. After that, I have my eye on champing X23
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Champs:
    icon_wolverine.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_redhulk.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_thor.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png Champs:
    icon_thor.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_blackpanther.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_blade.pngicon_doctordoom.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_hood.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_magneto.png

star.pngstar.png Champs(only did 6):
    icon_ares.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_storm.pngicon_thor.png
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    CT1888 wrote:
    Currently putting all my iso into Hulkbuster to bring him up, but it's kinda grim the amount of Iso and time it'll take to get him to 270.
    So I'll likely save up the next few days to consider putting some into Elektra for her pvp (12 covers, level 135)
    The season went pretty well in the end; I got into the pve trials and picked up plenty of Iso, which allowed me to take Elektra up to 166 (it made her event more fun!), bring Iron Man 40 in touching distance of championing (too good not to use alongside Magneto for his event, and I wanted him to have more health) and then take Hulkbuster to 270.
    Along the way I've picked up multiple 1000 point covers, started my first dupe (Prof X) and had some fantastic pulls, including getting Teen Jean to 4/3/5.
    I can't bring myself to pour all my iso into another 4 star at this time, so next season will be chasing her 5 th purple (which should be coming soon at 1000 points according to the spreadsheet) and bringing her up along with a couple of 3*s, particularly Hood and Loki, so they don't become too weak. I've also got an OBW that I've rebuilt at 15 and might bring up to champion for her blue against goons.
  • JeffCascadian
    I'm currently saving iso8.png to Champion icon_beast.png . I enjoyed the heck out of playing with him in the recent PVE and already have a 14th cover.

After that--I don't know. I have a icon_greengoblin.pngblackflag.png that I haven't rostered yet. That would make four star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png characters with only one cover each. I still have a week and a half to decide what to do with it. I'm leaning towards keeping but just haven't decided.

I still want to Champion icon_lukecage.png but still only have 11 covers for him.

There are a few more star.pngstar.pngstar.png characters I want to Champion before working more on my star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png roster including icon_cyclops.png , icon_ironfist.png , and icon_doctoroctopus.png . There are other three stars I'd like to Champion eventually but don't have 13 covers on them yet, either.

By the time I have those star.pngstar.pngstar.png brought to Champion level, I might actually have 13 covers on one or more star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png characters. I look forward to the bragging rights of having a Champion'd star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png but the iso8.png cost makes me shudder.