Options

Comments

• morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    morph3us wrote:
    Post anniversary update.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_thing.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_nickfury.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_x23.pngicon_redhulk.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_quake.pngicon_nova.pngicon_carnage.pngicon_peggycarter.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_kamalakhan.pngicon_loki.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_blackpanther.pngicon_blade.pngicon_hood.pngicon_thor.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_shehulk.png : icon_daken.pngicon_bullseye_old.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_beast.pngicon_psylocke.pngicon_sentry.pngicon_vision.pngicon_gamora.pngicon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_mystique.pngicon_quicksilver.png

I've champed Peggy now. I've added Beast, Psylocke, Sentry, Vision, Gamora, Doc Ock, Mystique, and Quicksilver to the 3* list. I've temporarily stopped champing 3*s now, since my OML day 820 resupply drops in 3 weeks, which will allow me to champ him, so I'll need plenty of iso for that. I'm up to 1776 CP now, so I'm intending on cashing that in when my OML resupply drops to try and champ Phoenix (12 covers) and Surfer (11 covers) at the same time.

What I do after that depends on what 4* covers I end up with from the CP hoard. I may try and champ another 4*, or I may continue to champ my 3*s.

So... I cashed in over 2000 CP.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_wolverine.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_silversurfer.png

icon_thing.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_nickfury.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_x23.pngicon_redhulk.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_quake.pngicon_nova.pngicon_carnage.pngicon_peggycarter.pngicon_starlord.pngicon_hulkcho.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_kamalakhan.pngicon_loki.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_blackpanther.pngicon_blade.pngicon_hood.pngicon_thor.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_shehulk.png : icon_daken.pngicon_bullseye_old.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_beast.pngicon_psylocke.pngicon_sentry.pngicon_vision.pngicon_gamora.pngicon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_mystique.pngicon_quicksilver.png

Managed to champ my OML, Phoenix, and Surfer all in the one orgy of classic LT opening. Excess 4* pulls went to champing Starlord and Cho (because I had a lot of covers for both). I now haz no iso and no CP anymore!

The long aim of the game is going to be to try and champ more 5*s. The closest, however, is IM46 at 3/3/2, so he's a little way off still. I'll keep on working on the 3* champ farm in the meantime. That means I'm back to hoarding CP again, since I don't really want to waste 4* pulls at this stage without champing more of them.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I finally finished champing my star.pngstar.pngstar.png roster (Ragnarok was the final hold out, and he was elevated to the club house just a few days ago), which was a goal. Now that Dr. Strange has been released (and looks pretty great), my goals are:

manarune.png Champion star.pngstar.pngstar.png Dr. Strange (0/2/0)
    manarune.png Fully cover Quake (1/1/4), Nova (2/2/0), and Antman (5/1/3), as I like each of these characters quite a bit and would like to use them more frequently.
    manarune.png Acquire at least ONE damn yellow cover for my 2/0/2 Old Man Logan. I haven't put a single drop of ISO-8 into any 5-star, and don't plan to any time soon (I am having fun just dipping my toe into the 4-star range), but I would like to get that cover.

Secondary Goals:
    manarune.png Fully cover Wasp (0/2/1) and War Machine (4/2/1). I know these aren't great heroes in-game, but for some reason I am kind of fond of them and would like to have more developed versions to play around with.

Given my fairly casual approach to the game, if I manage most of the above tasks by this time next year I'll consider it a job well done.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First installment on August 25th:
    Jarvind wrote:
    Never posted in this thread but HEY WHY NOT.

Three-Star Status

Champed Patch last week, bringing my 3* champ count up to 30. The remaining ones ( icon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_falcon.pngicon_loki.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_daredevil.pngicon_bullseye.pngicon_spiderman.png ) I never use unless they are essential, and they don't feed covers to my 4* champs, so I'm done with this tier. I might go back and champ She-Hulk at some point, but it's low priority.

Four-Star Status

Currently championed:

icon_wolverine.png
    icon_punisher.png
    icon_jeangrey.png
    icon_cyclops.png
    icon_iceman.png
    icon_redhulk.png
    icon_antman.png
    icon_thing.png
    icon_deadpool.png
    icon_thor.png
    icon_ironman.png
    icon_x23.png

Thoughts on these so far:

- Got the Top Five (tm) in there. No explanation needed.

- Thing/DP combo: check. Thing is also better than he gets credit for on his own. Green hits really hard.

- Ant-Man: Ehhh. I really only champed him because I got 3 covers from Civil War and didn't wanna waste them. He's alright boosted, and he does benefit a lot from free respecs, but...ehhh. He is tremendously useful against Threaten and Turn to Smoke goons, but otherwise not a particularly great asset.

- Wolverine: you know, this guy is actually pretty good when he's boosted. Black hits like a train, loads of board shake, and yellow heals a pretty big chunk at 3 covers. He's not gamebreaking, but not nearly as bad as he's made out to be.

- Thor: I will never get tired of the Thor/IM40 combo. CHARGED TILES EVERWHARZ.

- X23: Pleasantly surprised by how great she is. A little slow unless paired with another strike generator or IM40, but once a few strikes are out she tears fools up. She also benefits a ton from respecs - 535 normally, 553 when she gets banged up. Yay health pack savings!

- Punisher: Holy crapnuts, you guys. This guy is an absolute madman. The only thing keeping him from usurping Jean Grey's seat on the Top Five (tm) is that he needs green and black, so he needs two batteries to really plow through a team. Even with one, though, once he gets the AP he needs to start throwing down, it's pretty much game over. Honestly, my only beef with him is that he does such insane damage that a lot of it gets wasted. Plus, you know, boosted strike tiles never hurt anybody (except the other team).

Five-Star Status

icon_silversurfer.png 2/0/4
    icon_wolverine.png: 2/4/3
    icon_jeangrey.png: 5/3/1
    icon_spiderman.png: 3/1/1
    icon_greengoblin.png: ZERO ZERO ZERO WRU NORMAN
    icon_ironman.png: 2/1/2
    icon_captainamerica.png: 0/1/0
    icon_hulk.png: 1/0/0
    icon_blackbolt.png: Zeroes

The only one I've leveled to usability is OML to 350. Holding him there for fear of putting myself in view of maxed out 5* teams in PVP until I have a couple of my own. Also, I'm dreading the day I get that 6th Phoenix green. I haven't had to sell a 5* cover yet and I know I'll be furious about it.

Current Plans

- Taking it easy for a bit. When I was down to six 3*s left that I wanted to champ, I got covers for all six of them within a week. It was a mad rush to champ them all and I had to sell off 2* Storm and Ares. I'll probably get them back in fighting shape since the DDQ is annoying without them - my only other 2* champ is Magneto, and everyone else is underleveled. I might bring up a couple others just so I have some fodder to sell in a crunch.

- Hoard up a butt-ton of ISO. Probably 600k to 1 million, depending on how long my willpower lasts. I'm sitting on 15 LTs and 550 CP, with no plans to open them anytime soon. Once I break them open I'd like to be able to champion a few more 4*s and bring my total up to 15, which should hopefully give me a good chance of having at least one good one boosted in any given week. Ideally it'd be Quake, Nova, and then dealer's choice based on what covers I get; Quake is fully covered so she just needs ISO, though Nova is stuck in a problematic 5/1/5 build, so I need to pray to RNGesus for yellows.

- Re-evalute at that point. Hopefully by the time I crack my hoard it'll be big enough to brute-force my way into some decently covered 5*s. We'll see, I guess.

Since then I reversed my decision to ignore the last ten 3*s and champed everybody, because I decided I hate selling covers more than I hate investing resources in seldom-used characters. Good move IMO - the extra HP, CP, covers and tokens are boss, and the characters are less of a liability during their PVP events.

I also started a 2* farm with the ISO boon from the SHIELD rank intro, and man is it awesome. It's great to get 2* covers and actually be somewhat pleased rather than "ugh, more junk to sell." I've cycled most characters at least once and plan to continue doing so.

Four-Star Status

Newly champed since last installment:

icon_quake.png
    icon_hulkcho.png
    icon_captainamerica.png
    icon_peggycarter.png
    icon_starlord.png
    icon_kingpin.png
    icon_nova.png

Won't go into detail on each but suffice to say I am not disappointed. Starlord and Cho in particular are pretty solid since their reworks, kudos to the devs on them. And holy damn, Peggy is an absolute monster. All hail Peggy.

Five-Star Status

icon_silversurfer.png: 3/1/4
    icon_wolverine.png: 3/5/4 (ZOMG one cover to go!)
    icon_jeangrey.png: 5/4/2
    icon_spiderman.png: 5/1/4
    icon_greengoblin.png: 0/1/1
    icon_ironman.png: 3/1/3
    icon_captainamerica.png: 1/1/1
    icon_hulk.png: 3/1/2
    icon_blackbolt.png: 0/1/2
    icon_blackwidow.png: 0/1/2

I finally pulled a 5* cover that I had to sell for a paltry 2k ISO, a Black Suit blueflag.png. It was a sad day. (pours out a beer and glances slowly upward)

Current Plans

- I'm hoarding tokens for a while - my chances of pulling a useless 4* are higher than I'd like, and I now have three 5* cover colors maxed, so I'd like to dilute the chances of selling another one as much as possible before I start tearing into LTs again.

- Continue leveling and championing 4* characters. Given the outrageous state of 5* scaling I'm in no rush to max out any of them until I'm ready to bring three or more to 400+ all at once, as the thought of throwing OML and Phoenix at absolutely everything makes me sad. Next up are Elektra and Ghost Rider, as I previously leveled them close to 200 for whatever reason, so they're partway there anyway.

Until next time, homies.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am well into the 4* transition, 4 down and lots to go. I just champion them as the covers come in. IW and Ghostrider are about done. I am hoarding tokens til they are done, don't like to throw away covers. Will level those that have over 10 covers, or whoever the current clash is for. Just enjoying the 4* life. Love getting rewards for covers instead of selling them.
  • TobiBlackmore
    Options
    I am currently working on champing 3* characters. Champed my first 3* too, Storm!

I am one cover behind on Black Widow and 2 on Deadpool and Daredevil. I've got a cover that I can't use yet for Black Widow and 2 for Daredevil so I'm considering using CP to level up other powers so I can champ them. Anyone think it's worth using 20 CP each to not waste covers?
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Double ISO and sale have been good to me. Finished championing all 3*s (and got two of them up to champion-max); finished BSS (though still no champion levels); and got the 2* farm running again. Also championed two more 4*s (Cho and Kingpin) with significant help from that farm.

Right now I'm sitting on a huge pile (for me, at least) of both LTs and cp, and I'm not sure what to do with it. I started saving in the expectation that Strange would be a 5*, and I could cash them all to get him, Black Bolt, and Natasha at once. None would be fully covered (well, maybe Black Bolt, since I only need five more covers for him), but at least I could get a huge jump on all three. Now? I'm on the fence about spending them now, or waiting for the next 5*.

I'd like to work on IM46 (5/3/2@255), but the odds of pulling him have gotten so bad that it hardly seems worth trying. And I'd love to put more levels on Spidey, but ditto.

Edit: I forgot to mention that my roster is up to 18.3M ISO, and close to 24k total levels. Actually made some progress on leveling faster than new characters have come out, and am down to 5.7M to max out all of my fully-covered characters. Plus another 1.6M to take my partially covered characters to level max.

As I mentioned in another thread, I did save up those LTs and cp to get Strange, Bolt, and Natasha. Bolt is fully covered at 405 (with three covers queued), Natasha will be fully covered as soon as the cover distribution is worked out, and Strange will be sitting around at 255 for a while with eleven covers.

At the 4* level, I have four more champions. In order, War Machine, Winter Soldier, Prof X, and Ghost Rider. None terribly exciting, but all useful.

At the 3* level, I've hit 266 with several characters, and am rostering dupes of those.

The plan, right now, is to focus on 5*s for a bit. Champion Bolt, then Natasha, then pull my remaining LTs and cp, so I can champion Strange as well. Not sure how long all of that is going to take. Once that's done, though, I'll go back to getting more 4*s championed, and probably start saving up LTs and cp again to catch new 5*s.

As overall summary, I'm at 25.6k levels and 20.8M ISO in-roster. I still need 4.25M ISO to max out my fully-covered characters (counting Natasha who is, technically, not fully covered).

I'm definitely feeling like things are moving along, and can't wait to start relying on those three 5*s.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion wrote:
    So, Anniversary III happened, and with it came a flow of ISO unseen since everyone got their Clearance Level bonus. In the last 2 weeks, I champed Cho, Elektra, Devil Dino and Spider Gwen. That's a pretty impressive amount of ISO generated. I've finally tipped the scales to where I have more champed 4*s than non-champed 4*s.

My 4* champs: icon_wintersoldier.pngicon_quake.pngicon_spidergwen.pngicon_nova.pngicon_antman.pngicon_carnage.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_devildino.pngicon_elektra.pngicon_ghostrider.pngicon_hulkcho.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_kingpin.pngicon_miles.pngicon_redhulk.pngicon_thing.pngicon_thor.pngicon_x23.png

Max-covered but not champed: icon_wolverine.pngicon_nickfury.pngicon_invisiblewoman.pngicon_professorx.pngicon_starlord.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_mrfantastic.pngicon_venom.png

I just pulled a Nick Fury cover, so I'm thinking he'll be my next champ target. In the meantime, I'm building back up 2* Storm who just got max covered after being flipped. I'm in a 5* rut lately, so no progress on that front yet. Pretty disappointing since 5*s are the only way I can truly progress in the game now.

It's been nearly a month, and it's the same-old, same-old - a lot of champed 4*s and hardly any movement in the 5* area.

Since the last update, I've champed Fury, PX, Star Lord and Punisher. Star Lord and Punisher are actually kinda fun to play. Since there's only been 4* Blade released in this season, I'm making progress in getting all of the 4*s champed. I have 25 4* champions and only 6 left that are max covered and not champed. I'm working on XFW since I just got a cover for him yesterday. Next will probably be FalCap since I have a cover of his in the queue as well.

My 2* farm has had a lot of turnover recently, which is why I was able to champ so many 4*s. I have 5 2*s that have recently flipped, but none of them are back to max covered yet. That's going to take a significant ISO influx to get them going, so it could slow down my 4* plans.

5* realm is pretty much the same. I used my champed SS and OML as well as my 5/1/5 Spidey. I'd have to get incredibly lucky to pull 2 BSS greens to finish him off, so I'm not counting on that. I have a 10-cover Phoenix and IM46, so maybe one of them will get closer to being done by the end of next season.
  • Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My star.pngstar.pngstar.png champions :
    icon_blackwidow.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_daredevil.pngicon_falcon.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_ragnarok.pngicon_spiderman.pngicon_thor.png

Fully covered but not champions star.pngstar.pngstar.png :
    icon_deadpool.pngicon_doctordoom.pngicon_gamora.pngicon_hood.pngicon_loki.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_quicksilver.png

I have all star.pngstar.pngstar.png but icon_bullseye.png. My plans are to champion a few more star.pngstar.pngstar.png by the end of the year.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Current 2 Star Champions (after Some Farming)
    icon_daken.pngicon_hawkeye.pngicon_ares.pngicon_bullseye_old.png (all under level 120, will likely farm once maxed)
    3 Star Champions
    icon_blade.pngicon_caroldanvers.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_psylocke.pngicon_ragnarok.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_thor.pngicon_storm.pngicon_captainamerica.png
    (some due to power synergy some because of having many covers in stock, and some because of them being my faves from comics)
    Fully Covered but not Champions 3 Star (plus Devil Dino)
    icon_groot.pngicon_blackpanther.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_bullseye.pngicon_daredevil.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_falcon.pngicon_gamora.pngicon_hood.pngicon_loki.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_mystique.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_spiderman.pngicon_squirrelgirl.png
    Mags is lvl 153 with intention to Champ Him next (already have cover and he was highest levl non champ 3 star anyways)

all five Stars except cap unlocked (Jean Grey 3/2/0, Spidey 1/1/2 being the most covered)

all 4's unlocked (Nova 5/5/1, Cyclops 4/3/2,X-23 5/1/1, all others with at least 2 covers)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    last update from ~10-11 weeks ago:
    last one with all the history... ok, after shield ranks hit and the iso bomb, I've hit the milestone of champing all 2s and 3s in the game. update:
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png (one leveled)
    icon_wolverine.png@405
    all other 5*s are rostered, SS @ 11 covers. 5tark at 7 covers. all the rest are 1-5 covers. seriously wondering how my 5* IM would play with some levels

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png 11 champs
    icon_ironman.pngicon_thor.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_redhulk.pngicon_thing.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_x23.pngicon_quake.png quake was added after my hoard of tokens were pulled

star.pngstar.pngstar.png 40 champs plus still have dupe hood and loki
    star.pngstar.png 14 champs - all including bagman

next projects are pun and...? maybe im46. maybe some mid 4*s like kp or antman. 2 yellow covers and nova will join that list.
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png (one leveled)
    icon_wolverine.png@405
    all other 5*s are rostered except 5trange, SS @ 11 covers. 5tark at 7 covers. all the rest are 1-5 covers.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png 20 champs
    9 4* champs added since last update: icon_antman.pngicon_starlord.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_kingpin.pngicon_nova.pngicon_professorx.pngicon_drax.pngicon_carnage.pngicon_ghostrider.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png 41 champs (including strang3) plus still have dupe hood and loki. highest is hulk at 229
    star.pngstar.png 14 champs - all including bagman. continually cycling at various levels.

after burning through 1000 cp and getting no real movement in my 5*s I've decided to do a mega-hoard of ~300 latest legends pulls and get a good trio and pull it all then. currently up to 41 LTs and 1886 cp (116 pulls). i'll keep champing 4s as fast as I can so when the day comes to pull the hoard, the pulls on my desired characters will be champ levels. however, there will be a time leading up to the end where I'll have to hoard a significant amount of iso to possibly champ 5s to use covers if my pull rate works out.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    End of season update

No Bruce, no Strange, rest at 255 unless otherwise stated
    icon_wolverine.png 1/3/3 (+2) 300 icon_jeangrey.png 2/2/2 icon_silversurfer.png 2/2/3 icon_spiderman.png 1/0/3 (+1):greengoblin: 1/0/1 icon_captainamerica.png 1 blue icon_ironman.png 2 blue icon_blackbolt.png 1/2/0 icon_blackwidow.png 1 black

Championed:
    icon_deadpool.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_thor.pngicon_antman.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_kingpin.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_redhulk.pngicon_hulkcho.png added icon_starlord.png

Max Covered:
    icon_nickfury.pngicon_elektra.pngicon_venom.pngicon_professorx.pngicon_invisiblewoman.png
    no iso plans at the moment, they can all win their Crash.
    icon_thing.png 5/3/5 with 14th cover soon from pvp. If I gather enough iso in two weeks, he gets champed.

Those getting close:
    icon_x23.png 5/2/5 (+1) icon_nova.png 3/4/5 (+1)
    Those above are top priority as iso and covers allow
    icon_miles.png 5/4/3 icon_ghostrider.png 3/4/3 icon_falcon.png 4/3/5 (+1) icon_mrfantastic.png 5/2/4 (+1) icon_spidergwen.png 1/4/5 (+1) icon_quake.png 4/2/4 (+1) icon_drax.png 4/2/2 icon_moonknight.png 3/2/3 (+1) icon_peggycarter.png (4/2/4) (+1) icon_punisher.png 3/3/3 icon_warmachine.png 5/2/1

All others are rostered.

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    All championed except Dr Strange

star.pngstar.png
    All rostered and at various stages of ripeness (now with added Bagman!)

I put iso into OML with a view to him being a stand in for weeks when my boosted 4* options are poor and for health pack saving on early pvp climbs. Handy for some pve grinding as well. As 4* champing allows, I'll spend iso to bring him up to the equivalent of a boosted 4*.

With the current crop of 4*s I have, reaching 900 is relatively quick, and I'm regularly only shielding to protect my score at the end of the event, so I'm finding more time for PVE, which is helping 4* cover and iso acquisition.
    Thanks to the support group, I'm actually in hoard mode, so not wasting any 4* cover pulls from LT / Cp at the moment. I'm gathering iso to champ Thing before the end of the month with the upcoming pve cover due soon.

Beyond November I'll be looking at gathering iso and to look ahead at when covers are due to drop in progression so that I can try and anticipate iso spending. I'm intending on continuing the CP/LT hoarding as the iso gained/required gap is becoming real for me now. If I can get a couple more good ones champed, I'll look again at potentially chasing 5*s.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Post-Anniversary Blues!
    It's hard to look at the return to normal length seasons and normal pvp! Plus no more double iso! icon_cry.gif
    :star:star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    Very peculiar season. I used to get more 5*s from classics and virtually none from Latest, the past 2 seasons seem to have reversed that. Had several 3*s and 4*s pop out LTs, so more than usual number of latests, but even counting that, I would still have more classic than latest pulls, but got only 1 surfer this anniversary.

Champed Surfer at last, no others closer to becoming usable despite having a better than decent number of pulls. Yay rng progression! You lose when you lose, you also lose when you win! Plus there is absolutely no guarantee I will stay lucky, as evident from my classic pulls.

Oml L458 +0
    Phx L455 +0
    SS 452 +1
    Banner 2/1/3 +2
    Cap 1/5/3 +1 actually 0 but reasons...
    IM46 4/1/3 +0
    GG 3/2/3 +0
    BSS 3/2/0 +0
    Black Bolt 1/3/2 +2
    Widow 2/2/0 +2

Still my favourite tier.

HB took a surprise cover and broke ahead of 4Cyc! "I refuse to walk hand in hand with someone who leads by flashing his yellow underroos, you losers!" Meanwhile, Bobby quietly advanced to 306 to threaten the HB/4Cyc dominance... "will no underroos be better?" Xfdp and the rest are hanging back below 300, eating popcorn and shaking their heads.

No new 4*s champed, naturally. Wasp got her last needed yellow, thankfully no more duplicates. Now I only need covers for Jessica, Luke and Gwenpool...

However, Venom has 2 covers in queue with 12 days to go. Going to try to see if I can get him champed in time. This rate of new character releases...

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    IF and Mororo still fighting it out for king/queen of the 3*hill. I'm totally confused why they're so keen - IF 246, Mororo 242. Rags and Hulk at a more stately 238. Total 18 3*s have hit 223 and given up their 2nd 4* cover. I'm eyeing Loki at 221 with the looming threat of another Venom cover. Scarlet witch remaining unmoved at 201.

star.pngstar.png
    Still 3 more left to rechamp - obw, cap and moonstone. They may be temporarily on hold while I scrabble to rescue Venom. Started multiple duplicates to avoid the pressure of expiring covers, will be much less painful next time my farm turns over.

Bagman count: one icon_e_surprised.gif

Overall: current dire shortage of iso, with Venom in queue and 3 2*s to rechamp. I must resist opening lts! Save them until I can avoid wasting more covers - I'm really feeling the sting now with a run on fury, fantastic, ghost rider and other unusable covers.

I started out trying to track my token pulls for the season and stopped halfway because it was getting too depressing

Tragedy, sorrow, I say. Alliancemates play tiny violins for me in reply. :p

Oml L459 +1
    Phx L455 +0
    SS 454 +2
    Banner 3/2/4 +3
    Cap 1/5/3 +0
    IM46 4/1/3 +0
    GG 3/3/3 +1
    BSS 4/2/0 +1 (Daily Resupply)
    Black Bolt 2/3/3 +2
    Widow 5/3/0 +4
    5trange 0/1/0 +1

The continuing rivalry between HB and 4cyc. HB was briefly in lead, Bobby snuck up and said "hi" to Scott who screamed bloody murder and jumped right over Tony to escape. The popcorn crowd wandered slightly closer, but kept a safe distance.

Champed Ghost Rider, Carnage and Invisible Woman, due to the aforementioned tragedy and sorrow with LTs. Changed my mind and champed Bucky.

Still need covers for Luke, Gwenpool, Blade.

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    Arrival of Strang3 - terribly exciting! Now champed and the tiniest and most adorable little 3* on board.

Event rewards and champ farms brought Mororo and Hulk to the frontline at 250* (thanks to divine champs Mororo now 253, Hulk 251). Lcap and Rags close behind. I don't think IF at 248 will be able to win this. Poor IF... he tried so hard. Wanda rallied and managed to nudge ahead of Ock so she is no longer last among the original 3*s.

14 left below 223. Starting to wonder what I will do as they come ever closer to 266...

star.pngstar.png
    2* farm in process of turning over again.

Bagman count: 4 icon_e_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_e_confused.gif

The seasons come, the seasons go, I remain... how much longer? I'm happy with the 4* buffs so far, but the truth is that these changes don't affect my quality of life much. Still RNG-determined progression, still ridiculous scaling, still the same tired events.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm working on rostering all the 3s. I had planned on rostering all of them before I kept a four, but then I got 2 Iceman covers and a Peggy in quick succession, so that went out the window. #noregrets.

The only 3s still outstanding are Beast, Sentry, Doc Ock and Punisher. I just pulled a cover for Beast today, so he'll be added tomorrow ready for being an essential in TaT. Since he's already been rostered and dumped twice, I don't fancy his chances of sticking around beyond it. Especially as I have a 4* Punisher begging to be added.

I have 10 3s champed, and it should be 11 in the next couple of days. All 2s champed except Moonstone and Bagman, whom I never got around to rostering. They're all on their second go around, with baby Torch getting close to 144 again.

I'm trying to save as much Iso as possible, because I need around 600k to level up those I have, and that's only going to get worse. Farming 2s and lightning rounds are enormously helpful with this.

Hoarding all CP and LTs. Possibly for ever.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Previous seasons:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38452&start=220#p557684 <- Last update, completely re-doing here. It was the "big season" afterall...the ISO came in with shield levels and changes were made!

Three seasons ago:
    5*: Some changes made, hit the daily drop Phoenix day and finally champed her at 451, tested some CP pulls and got a few more covers: still no one anywhere near usable. 5/0/2 Surfer, 2/0/2 IM, 2/1/1 BSSM, 2/1/1 OML, 0/2/0 GG, 2/0/0 Steve, 0/1/1 Hulk, 0/1/0 Widow, 0/0/0 Bolt, 0/1/0 (extra) Phoenix, 1/0/0 (extra) SS.

4*: Champed Dino, Nova, Carnage. Fourteen champed, seventeen at 172-ish (Howard at 168, Winter Soldier joined this list).

3*: 15@200+ 13 12@196-199, 13@177-195

2*: sold all max 2*'s except OBW to get the 2*'s all champed and rotations started. +7 2* champs! No champed bagman for some time.

108 roster spots (+2, 5* BW, 4* Spider Woman, 2nd 2* OBW, Venom (spot for next 4*?) added, 144 Thor/Storm removed)
    1042 CP (-26, used about 500 to get six-seven [lucky rate] 5* covers) urrently holding a Cho cover and nearly enough ISO, may max him. Dino is ready for his show. "Next best" 4*'s ready to go are Ant-Man and X-23, Quake/Punisher/Peggy still dont' have enough covers.

Two season ago:
    Waited for both the mini-season and anniversary season to update; that's like a full season but with more ISO.

5*: "big" changes due to CP pull but still probably six months away from having a 2nd usable 5* at the rate they've come.
    Phoenix 453 (+2) 4/1/2 BSSM (+3) 3/1/2 OML (+2) 5/0/4 SS (+2) 3/1/2 IM (+2) 0/4/0 GG (+2) 2/1/0 Cap (+1) (No latest pulls/changes).

4*: Champed Cho, X23, Miles (daily drop tomorrow), Venom (next 4* daily drop), Quake . Ninteen champed (+5 - thanks double iso and short seasons!), fourteen at 172-ish (Howard at 168, ) (Peggy, WS, MK added to this tier - Drax, WM, Spider woman about one cover from getting to this tier)

3*: 11@183-199 (-14). 17@ 200-209 (+2). 12@ 210+ (+12)

112 roster spots (+4: Gwenpool, 2nd MBW, 2nd Ares, 2nd 2* Wolvy)
    49 CP (-1000 from last season and -500 (approx) more that I opened)
    29 LT's (Waiting for "next" 5* along with BB in them)
    Level 74 (opening all that CP really sped this up)

Next season:
    Holding Gwen/Falcap covers, could go with them. Ghost Rider will be next daily drop I don't have champed. Hopefully will be missing only one Peggy cover after PVP rewards, two short of Punisher - these last two would be priorities if I find their covers. Moved OML to 280 to try him out, may go to 300/345. Similar with BSSM - may go 360/360 just to have a better 2nd character in SSim.

Last season: First season without numbers following it - first season in Pax and not in Wrecking Crew (had been there every season since season 2). Did champ Gwen and Falcap, was holding covers end of last season. Also champed Peggy and Ant-Man: this really burned the farm, holding Punisher and SL covers to max/champ but may miss out on both.

120 roster spots (+8: BB/Strange/3*Strange/up to 5 MBW/2* farm)
    -Every non 1* currently rostered. 2x Jean, 2x SS, 2x PX.
    Under 20 CP/0 LT's (opened everything)
    Level 79 (+5)

5* changes: Opened LT's with introduction of Strange, went 4/45 up front...Phoenix 455 (+2) 4/1/3 BSSM (+1) 3/2/2 OML (+1) 5/0/5 SS1 (+1), 2/0/0 SS2 (+1), 3/3/0 Cap (+3), 2/2/1 Hulk (+3), 1/1/0 Widow (+1), 0/1/1 BB (+2), 0/1/2 Strange (+3). Lots of added covers...mostly middling actual progress.

4* changes: 23 champed (+4: Peggy/Gwen/Falcap/Antman). 10 at ~172, 8 of them with 13 covers, 4 more (all but Gwenpool, Kate, Wasp) could get that high. Two at 300+ (HB/Cyc), three at 290+ (JG/XF/GT), nine at 280+.

3*: not counting newest (strange): 2 below 200 (-9), 14 @ 210-209 (-3), 16 @ 211-219 (+4), 7@ 220-230 (+7)

Next season: 13th Punisher makes him my next 4* priority, still debating about taking OML to 375 and BSSM to 375 - next daily drop cover would allow to 390. Probably should start hoarding again...having a hard time after opening everything!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just hit a milestone where I've championed every currently championable 3*. I have 39/41 champed. The two I don't are Bullseye with 10 covers and Dr. Strange with 8. With champ rewards from 2* bullseye, Shield Simulator rewards, and DDQ I don't expect it will be long before I'm 41/41.

I'm not turning my focus to get my 2* farm functioning again. Currently have 5 champed, 5 ready to champ, 3 with >13 covers, and bagman who I don't even roster.

Once I get to a point where I have nothing waiting on ISO to champ I will start opening my hordes of STs and ETs to get any uncovered 2* and 3* champed and cap those sets off.

Then it's time to start getting serious about 4*s, I'm hoping they've addressed the major 4*/5* issues before I get to that point.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Time Gem season I update

What I managed to do since the last update (Power Gem Season I):
    • Added nine roster slots (89 -> 98)
    • Increased the number of 2* farms from 5 to 8
    • Added the new 3* drstrange_icon.png
    • Added the new 4* icon_blade.png
    • Added four new 5*s: icon_spiderman.pngicon_captainamerica.pngdrstrange_icon.pngicon_blackwidow.png

With the release of the Dr. Stranges, I decided to open my stash of 28 latest LTs. They yielded 4 (!) 5trange covers, so he's now 1/2/1 and already useful in trivial PvE nodes. I also got 2 5BW covers, but no Black Bolt unfortunately. Now the only 5*s missing are Banner and Black Bolt.

My HP still went exclusively to new roster slots, so my roster size got another considerable boost. With almost all legendary characters rostered (2 trophy 4*s and 2 5*s missing), I can finally expand my 2* farmland. I am now farming almost all 2* heroes because they are more frequently useful as PvE essentials, but other 2*s should get a permanent slot soon as well (Human Torch, Moonstone, Daken, Bullseye, Ares, and maybe even Bagman though I don't play a lot of PvP).

I was also happy to add an undercovered-but-surprisingly-useful Strang3, who's now sitting at 1/4/2. I should get 3 covers in this season's Simulator, putting him at 2/5/3, and then I'm gonna cross my fingers to get more soon.

My 4* tier is slowly developing. I have now 9 characters with 9 covers each, 2 characters with 10 ( icon_venom.pngicon_warmachine.png ) and 3 with 11 ( icon_cyclops.pngicon_thing.pngicon_ghostrider.png ). This season I hit my first "useless" 4* covers, too. A highlight was to get my fifth icon_professorx.pngblueflag.png and therefore having a fully-functional Charlie's Angels team for the first time.

Crash victories are also becoming more frequent: since the last update, I won 3 Crashes (Peggy, Prof X, Invisible Woman) and couldn't manage 3 (Prof X, Thing, Cyclops). The misses were all frustrating, since I was able to win one of the Prof X crashes but not the other, and Thing and Cyclops have 11 covers each and at levels 180 and 200 respectively. But too many yellow covers for those two, I guess.

Plan for Time Gem Season I:
    • Roster Agent Venom
    • Keep expanding the 2* farmland, it'd be great to add up to 5 new farms this season
    • Once the roster size expands to desirable size (N = 104 at least), start using HP to buy good tokens and/or to finally try shield hopping, if conditions are favorable
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Previous Post
    Previous Post

(Update since last update)
    -SCLs have done away with tanking. Guess I'll be playing more PVE now and probably getting fewer covers on new releases. Goal is now t10 for PVE new releases and possibly t5 in non new releases if I can use the 4* covers. Competition in vet brackets and real life mean I can no longer hit t2. (Was t20 in Venom release due to unwillingness to give time to do more than 4 clears per sub, SCL7, Slice 1.)
    -Still play DDQ every day (Yup.)
    -Have plans for ISO now, so won't hoard.
    -2* farm. Thought Elite tokens would help speed things up, but they don't come as often as I originally thought. Still farming, recently sold a few champs and champed a few new crops. (2* are priority to have as champs, so ISO goes to championing any 2* I don't have champed, once covers come in.)
    -405 5/2/3 OML, If I get another OML black, and CS won't help me out with a color swap, guess I'll start a dupe. (Started a SS dupe, with my 6th SS blue, even though the first one is only 5/0/1.)
    -SHIELD rank Level 70 249/2325 (Level 77 1363/2700)
    -Probably going to level all my 3* dupes for the LL LTs, (but probably won't start til my 3DP gets 2 more blacks, since I originally had him at 5/5/0. Probably just start with my 5 3* dupes at 120, and way down the road, sprinkle in some of the 15 3* dupes/triples I have at 40.)
    -(Decided to stop selling 4* covers I can't use, due to slow pace of championing 4*. Now going into the Trips/Quads era, instead of the Dupes/Trips era I was in. I've got plenty of 13 cover 4* dupes, so I was selling excess 4* covers. If the 4* is one that is low on the priority list to champion, I'll start a trip/quad, so that I'm not selling the covers.

Update since 10/18
    My roster
    195 roster slots (+9)
    5 Star - 11 Characters (+1)
    4 Star - 93 Characters (+7)
    3 Star - 76 Characters (+1)
    2 Star - 14 Characters
    1 Star - 1 Characters

10 covers between 6 characters
    Iron Man (+1)
    Green Goblin (+2)
    Jean Grey (+2)
    Black Bolt (+3)
    The Hulk (+1)
    Silver Surfer DUPE (+1)

CHAMPS
    18 covers between 6 characters
    Deadpool (+2)
    Jean Grey (+4)
    Thor (+2)
    Iceman (+4)
    Red Hulk (+2)
    The Punisher (+4)

15 covers between 8 characters
    Spider-Gwen (+1)
    Peggy Carter (+1)
    Quake (+1)
    Luke Cage (+2)
    Kate Bishop (+2)
    Spider-Woman (+1)
    Blade (+5)
    Gwenpool (+2)

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Dupes/Trips
    23 covers between 15 characters
    Cyclops (+2) (DUPE)
    Ghost Rider (+1) (DUPE)
    Jean Grey (+1) (TRIPLE)
    Kingpin (+2) (DUPE)
    Nick Fury (+1) (DUPE)
    Nova (+3) (DUPE)
    Sam Wilson (+1) (DUPE)
    Red Hulk (+1) (DUPE)
    Miles Morales (+3) (DUPE)
    Professor X (+1) (QUAD)
    Spider-Gwen (+2) (DUPE)
    Drax (+1) (DUPE)
    Venom (+2) (TRIPLE)
    Mr. Fantastic (TRIPLE) (+1)
    X-23 (TRIPLE) (+1)

4* covers sold due to dupes being optimally spec'd or the color being maxed already
    10 4*
    Ant-Man Yellow
    Carnage Black
    Elektra Red
    Miles Morales Purple
    Ghost Rider Red
    Nick Fury Blue
    Kingpin Purple
    IW Yellow
    Elektra Black
    Elektra Black
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Minor Notes to previous post..two new Champions (Classic Mags and Black Widow Grey Suit)
  • Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2016
    Options
    SHIELD rank level 44

I have now :
    60 roster slots
    4 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png agent icon_venom.pngicon_carnage.pngGwenpoolIcon.PNGicon_spidergwen.pngSpiderWoman_icon.PNG
    40 star.pngstar.pngstar.png except icon_bullseye.png
    13 star.pngstar.png except icon_spiderman.png
    2 star.pngicon_juggernaut.pngicon_yelena.png

Champions star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_blackwidow.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_daredevil.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_falcon.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_loki.pngicon_ragnarok.pngicon_spiderman.pngicon_thor.png
    My fully covered star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_beast.pngicon_daken.pngicon_doctordoom.pngicon_gamora.pngicon_hood.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_psylocke.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_quicksilver.pngicon_storm.pngicon_vision.pngicon_wolverine.png
    My fully covered star.pngstar.png
    icon_hawkeye.pngicon_moonstone.png

My mid-term goal is to champ all of my star.pngstar.png and the fully-covered star.pngstar.pngstar.png .
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's been a few months since I posted here, but this seems like a good time, because much progress has been made. icon_e_biggrin.gif

When I last posted in June, I was deep into champing my 3*s and had just champed my first 4* (Hulkbuster). Now I have 10 champed 4*s: IMHB, X-23, Rulk, Th4r, XFDP, Cyclops, Iceman, Cho, 4Pun and Thing. I'm extremely happy with this group, as they've been carrying me to regular top 5 PVE finishes as well as routinely reaching 900 in PvP, two things that were incredibly rare for me before this summer.

At the moment, I'm rebuilding a few 2*s I'd sold off to finance some champs. Other than Strang3, I have virtually no 3*s left to champ (just Rags, Dock and Sentry), so I'll be back on the 4* champing train by December, aiming for two a month. (I net ~280k ISO a week, so that should be easy.)

My current 4* champing options by # of covers, with my leading targets in blue:

13: Nova, Star-Lord, Carnage, Prof X, XFW, Fury, Dino, Mr F, Elektra
    12: Quake, Ghost Rider, Ant-Man, Miles, Inv Woman, Flaptain
    11: Kingpin, Spider-Gwen, Kate Bishop
    10: Teen Jean, Peggy, War Machine

I expect to have Jean maxed after this current PVE, so she might be next. I'm currently stockpiling CP (I get too many unusable 4* dupes now) so I'd consider spending 120CP for a Peggy cover if it's the last one I need. I'm also really enjoying the revamped Star-Lord teamed with IM40, so he might sneak in.

Finally, I'm trying to sync my champing schedule with the 4* buff rotation so I have at least one champed 4* to carry me through PvP each week (which has really helped me reach 900 consistently), so that's also a consideration.

I have no 5*s with more than 5 covers (lame, considering I've been getting steady LTs since the feature rolled out over a year ago), so 5*s are a non-starter for me. For the moment, I'm content to stay in the 4* transition and keep building my roster that way.

That's where I'm at. If anyone has suggestions on my 4* priorities, feel free to post or PM me here.