Roster progress report, and plans for your roster

Comments

• My only roster plan is to decide if I want to sell my 2 5*s (Black Bolt green cover and Green Goblin black cover) to try to ease my scaling in story mode events a bit.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    It's been about 3 weeks since the last update, and i've made pretty good progress (at least for me) icon_e_smile.gif Current roster is in my sig.

On the 5-star front, not much has changed. Not close to championing any of them, OML is still my only somewhat usable one (2/2/2 at 315), and I mainly just use him for PVE, where he does wonders icon_e_smile.gif. Ironman does now have 4 covers (2/1/1) but I think it's still to early to put ISO in him and use him. Still missing icon_blackbolt.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_blackwidow.png

On the 4-star-front, I've had a bit more progress. I've added Cyclops to my 4-star champs, so now five in total:
    icon_ironman.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_thor.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_nickfury.png

I've now cover-maxed 3 more 4-stars, so 4 in total that aren't champed yet:
    icon_antman.pngicon_elektra.pngicon_kingpin.pngicon_professorx.png

Elektra is closest to being champed (at 215) but I'm working on Antman instead since I've got a cover in my queue. It will be close- i've got 10 days to bring him from 186 to 270. I'm still missing one cover for Rulk, so after Antman I will work on getting him to 250 so that it will be easier to get him to champ level once i get that last cover. I finally got a redflag.png cover for icon_deadpool.png , about a year after i've had him at 0/5/5. Hopefully it doesn't take as long to get the last two.

I'm really hoping Hulkbuster and Cyclops are not on the list of 4-stars to be nerfed icon_cry.gif

I also am now only missing Mr. Fantastic and Howard as 4-stars, which was on purpose. With my luck Mr. **** will get buffed and actually be good.

On the 3-star front, not much has changed. Still have 37 champs, with a few approaching level 200. My non-champs are still icon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_quicksilver.pngicon_sentry.png I ended up selling and re-starting sentry and quicksilver for ISO. Don't have any current plans to champ these 3 any time soon.

A lot of changes on the 2-star front. I've started my 2-star farm and ended up recycling OBW. I currently have 7 2-stars champed:
    icon_wolverine.pngicon_storm.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_ares.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_thor.pngicon_hawkeye.png

OBW, Moonstone and Ms. Marvel will probably be next, with Torch, Bullseye and Daken to be last. All are cover-maxed but not level-maxed-champed. The only missing 2-star is Bagman. If i have extra HP for another roster spot i'll add him, otherwise, i'm not too worried about not having him icon_e_wink.gif

Overall, at my last update I came in at SL 60. I've since progressed to SL 64 and will probably hit 65 early next week.

Last update is below:

vinnygecko wrote:
    It's been about a month since my last check-in, thought I'd update after today's huge influx of ISO :)

I now have four 4*s champed, adding Hulkbuster, XFW and Fury to Lady Thor.

4* Cyclops is now cover maxed and will be my next 4* to champ (got his cover after I spent all the ISO). After him I'll be working on Rulk, X-23, Kingpin and XFDP if I can ever find his red covers.

IM40 and Rags are now champed, leaving just 3 more 3*s to go (Sentry, Quicksilver and Doc Oc). Quicksilver will probably be next since he's cover-maxed.

I've recycled 2* Champs and am currently rebuilding Storm, Mags and Ares. I might recycle OBW if I have the patience to not sell her covers for ISO.

So far my only loss in DDQ Clash for this round gas been Mr Fantastic. I got so annoyed at the time, I ended up selling him for ISO, and don't really regret it.

For 5*s I'm missing Hulk and Black Bolt.

For 4*s I'm still missing Winter Soldier, War Machine, Kate Bishop and now Spiderwoman.

Last update is below
    vinnygecko wrote:
    Ok, so 2 months have passed since last check-in. As far as my previous goals:

1) Got my Hulkbuster up to 250. Just waiting for that last cover, which should come soon as my IF is at level 182 (one shy of blackflag.png HB).

2) Championed my first 4* with 4hor! I was very excited about this as it was a long time coming. For my other 4*s I wanted to get to 200, Cyclops is very close (197 at 5/4/3) but the rest have been a bit slower.

3) Still undefeated on the 3rd cycle of Clash of the Titans, though I had to bring Flaptain up to 180 to do so. Biggest test will be coming up soon with Mr. Fantastic (5/1/4 @ 130, really hoping to not put more ISO into him).

4) My IM40 rebuilding project is going well, just need one more cover to be cover-maxed. Champing Hawkeye was a big help with this.

5) I got one more cover for OML, so he's now at 2/2/2, but I've kept him at 315. Now have at least one cover for all 5*s except for Hulk.

6) Still no 4* covers for War Machine, Winter Soldier, Spider Gwen or Kate Bishop.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Previous Post

(Update since last update)
    -Will still tank PVEs in hopes of baby brackets for new releases. (SCLs have done away with tanking. Guess I'll be playing more PVE now and probably getting fewer covers on new releases)
    -Still play DDQ every day
    -Have plans for ISO now, so won't hoard.
    -GG to 285, to play around with his yellow. (Low on priority list, have not done, still true, but can take him to 300 since he has 3 covers. Decided to not level any 5* unless they have 5 covers, then will take them to 330.)
    -2* farm. (Thought Elite tokens would help speed things up, but they don't come as often as I originally thought)
    -Still debating whether or not to eventually champion my OML, if the covers ever come in. Originally thought yes but not wanting to move into 5* MMR Hell and wanting to continue to not need healthpacks if I'm playing PVE. Might start OML dupe with the black cover I'll be getting in Daily Resupply, and then apply all future covers to the dupe. 375 3/2/3 is nice enough for what I want to do in PVP. Have a 345 2/2/2 BSS, and might do something similar with him. I mainly use him for LR (to compliment OML, just to fly thru seed teams via match damage) and to tank for JG/SW in goon only nodes in PVE (so having a dupe would save me a healthpack when the main one goes down. (Ended up applying resupply cover and taking OML to 390. Got a BSS cover, and also applied and leveled, so now 360 2/2/3. Will only consider OML dupe if I get a yellow and BSS dupe if I get 2 more greens.)
    -Started at level 65 with SHIELD rank. (Level 67 1087/2200)

Update since 9/5
    My roster
    180 roster slots (+3)

5 Star - 8 Characters (+1)
    4 Star - 83 Characters (+2)
    3 Star - 75 Characters
    2 Star - 13 Characters
    1 Star - 1 Characters

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    4 covers between 3 characters
    Wolverine (+1) daily resupply
    Iron Man (+2)
    Spider-Man (+1)

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    8 covers between 5 characters
    Wolverine (+1)
    The Hulk (+2)
    Venom (+2)
    Winter Soldier (+2)
    Drax (+1)

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Dupes
    17 covers between 11 characters
    Thor (+3)
    Ant-Man (+1)
    Cyclops (+2)
    Deadpool (+2)
    Venom (+1)
    Red Hulk (+2)
    Quake (+1)
    Professor X (+1)
    Spider-Gwen (+1)
    Winter Soldier (+2)
    Wasp (+1)

4* covers sold due to dupes being optimally spec'd or the color being maxed already
    6 4*
    Iron Man Red
    Invisible Woman Green
    Venom Yellow
    Elektra Purple
    The Hulk Green
    Mr. Fantastic Black
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2016
    End of season round up
    All at 255. No Bruce, no Widow
    icon_wolverine.png 0/2/2 icon_jeangrey.png 2/2/2 icon_silversurfer.png 2/2/3 icon_spiderman.png 1/0/2 icon_greengoblin.png 1 black icon_captainamerica.png 1 blue icon_ironman.png 2 blue icon_blackbolt.png 1/1/0

Championed:
    icon_deadpool.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_thor.pngicon_antman.pngicon_wolverine.png added icon_cyclops.pngicon_kingpin.pngicon_iceman.png
    Max Covered:
    icon_nickfury.pngicon_elektra.pngicon_venom.pngicon_professorx.png
    no iso plans at the moment, they can all win their Crash.

Those getting close:
    icon_redhulk.png 5/4/3 icon_x23.png 4/2/5 icon_nova.png 2/3/5
    Those above are top priority as iso and covers allow
    icon_starlord.png 5/3/3 : icon_miles.png 5/3/3 icon_ghostrider.png 3/4/3 icon_hulkcho.png 4/2/4 icon_invisiblewoman.png 4/5/3 icon_thing.png 3/3/3 icon_falcon.png 2/3/5 icon_mrfantastic.png 5/2/3

All others except Dino and Spiderwoman are rostered.

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    All championed.

star.pngstar.png
    Still working on bringing icon_storm.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_thor.png back to 144. This is slow.
    Rostered icon_wolverine.pngicon_hawkeye.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_ares.pngicon_humantorch.png to get the farm going, need more Iso now though

Future plans
    The changes in Pve have made it more appealing to play, so I've been playing a bit less pvp and still managing to hit 1000 regularly thanks to the significantly straightened 4* champ roster, so more of the same for now.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    It doesn't look like I'll be getting any more Silver surfer covers, so I guess the two blacks I have in my queue will need to be converted to ISO. Bummer.
    On the other hand, the redesign means I can champ Cho with confidence and apply the Three covers I have in my queue immediately. Anniversary is coming up, so I guess Devil Dinosaur should be brought up to max soon too. Those two are the only thirteen cover fourstars I have left, so after that I am at the mercy of token drops to determine who gets champed next - Spider-Gwen, Drax, War Machine and Peggy Carter are all at 12 covers, so any one of them could get the nod at any time.
    I also note that clearance levels seem to have increased my ISO income quite a bit - I am already at a million ISO again, which I did not Think would happen until the end of the week.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker

Pre-Season XXXII update

My roster development strategy:
    My main objective is to get to the point where my LT pulls are useful. To do this, I want to roster every 4* available, not counting Howard and Devil Dinosaur. Since 4* characters are still being released, I need to add roster slots faster than the new character release rate, at least when it comes to 4* characters.

I'm not in a rush to be more competitive - for now, I'm firmly in championed 3* territory with no useful 4*s. Still, I get the 25CP in every PvE, 2000 points in Simulator every season since I've had championed IM40 + Steve + Kamala, and 725 points in PvP for the HP. I'm patiently accumulating resources for when I can stop worrying about new roster slots and more about opening LTs and adding ISO.

When I manage to have no new expiring covers in the queue, I open LTs until I find a new one to continue the process. Of course, I add any 5*s I stumble upon along the way.
    What I managed to do in Season XXXI:
    • Added six roster slots (74 -> 80)
    • Championed nine 3*s, leaving only icon_sentry.png at level 120 (12 covers).
    • Added five new 4*s: icon_miles.pngicon_antman.pngSpiderWoman_icon.PNGicon_punisher.pngicon_wolverine.png. This increases the number of rostered 4*s from 26 to 31, out of 36 "regular" 4*s.
    • Added two new 5*s: icon_jeangrey.pngicon_wolverine.png

Season XXXI was absolutely amazing, probably the best season for me so far. First, there was obviously a huge inflow of ISO due to the implementation of SHIELD Ranks. I just figured I'd champ every 3* I could - that included 9 characters. Sentry is still not championed due to a missing cover, but I will certainly champ him as well when I have the opportunity.

I also had a lot of luck with my HP earnings, opening 1250 from tacos. I also joined a competitive PvE alliance family, as I had been in a strictly casual alliance up to last season. As a result I could get more slots than usual: 6 new slots in a single season is way above my average.

Lastly, I had a lot of luck opening LTs: I wanted to open a lot of covers for characters that I had already rostered before finding new characters, and this is precisely what happened. I was able to "safely" open 31 classic LTs, only stopping to add new characters 4 times (Phoenix, XF Wolverine, OML, and Mr. Fantastic which is now queued). With all the new additions, my 4* tier is looking like this:
    LbCksEo.png
    With 6 covers each, icon_cyclops.pngicon_quake.pngicon_invisiblewoman.pngicon_ghostrider.png lead the pack. I still haven't rostered icon_jeangrey.pngicon_mrfantastic.pngicon_hulkcho.pngicon_starlord.pngicon_spidergwen.png , besides the two joke characters.

Plan for Season XXXI:
    The plan for Season XXXII and for the Anniversary is to get a new roster slot for Mr. Fantastic, obtain the new Luke Cage as well as a slot for him, and maybe 2 more slots to keep opening classic LTs. I expect to have three 2*s reaching level 144 soon, selling them should help me to reach that objective.

The new crash cycle is about to begin and some of my characters should now be ready. Any iso that I have to spend to level characters that can potentially win their crash will be spent, no question about it - I have about 400k right now and close to zero iso needs at the moment. As my top 4*s are still undercovered, I'm probably not going to invest too much iso into them solely to get a better roster.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    It's been a busy month or so, and I feel like my roster has transformed since Shield Rank and Clearance Levels started to arrive (with an assist from the Civil War event)

Roster: https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Ezrius/

Significant new covers:
    icon_greengoblin.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_blackbolt.pnggreenflag.png
    These are my first 5* characters worth keeping. I had a icon_silversurfer.pngredflag.png once during my 2* transition, but sold him because, at the time, he was ruining my scaling without helping at all. Exciting to have these.

icon_x23.png Now 2/3/3 as my best covered 4*
    icon_cyclops.png Now 0/1/3 instead of 0/0/2
    icon_ironman.png Now 3/1/1/
    howard_icon.png (1/1/0), icon_wintersoldier.png (0/1/1), icon_iceman.pnggreenflag.png , icon_punisher.pnggreenflag.pngwasp_icon.pngblackflag.png
    Some progress made on a couple strong 4*s in Cyke and HBIM. X-23 is now my most covered, and while not the strongest, that's progress. Jean Grey sadly saw no growth this month, though she's still one of my best covered at 2/1/3. I listed five new entries, with ProfX probably not recent enough to include but also worth mentioning.

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_colossus_new.pngicon_loki.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_hood.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_scarletwitch.png
    Listed characters have all been championed this month, with enough iso on standby to champ two more. Captain Marvel, Gamora, Torch, R&G, Squirrel Girl, Hulk, Vision, and Patch are all fully covered on deck, but not prioritized.

star.pngstar.png
    Now officially in a state of recycling and recovering, starting with Storm. Sold Hawkeye before the new one was fully covered, but wanted the roster slot.

Moving forward:
    Trying to prioritize getting 3* Mags and IM40 championed. The rest will get championed based on strength/event requirements. Would like to have Blade in a better place, but whatever. Dr. Ock is the only one I still need to roster.

Aside from that process, it's just collecting 4* covers, which the new progression system will hopefully help out with. A nice perk of being at day 483 is that I will be getting one cover of each color for 4Thor pretty soon, brining her to 2/3/2. Can't complain.

All-in-all, I think I'm doing fairly well in 3* land and planting the seeds for the long, tedious move to 4* land.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    HaywireII wrote:
    Everything changed since my last post. I got my 12th Kingpin but I also got my 13th Hulkbuster and I realized that Heroic Dark Avengers would put IM40 to 183 giving me a 14th Hulkbuster.

All ISO went to Hulkbuster to get him championed and as of today he's at 271. That made this seasons simulator the easiest ever. I'm getting attacked much less frequently.

I realized that I was going to have to sell off 6 expiring beast covers and that was really bothering me so I sold off 2* Torch and Ares so I could champion Beast. I will rebuild and rechampion them for the extra covers but as a lower priority. 5 more Rags covers give me another X23 green so this works out in the long run.

2* Mags is rechampioned but when he hits 144 again I'll still need 7 more 3* Mags covers to get my final Prof X blue. I will just keep working at it since the covers show up randomly but semi frequently.

My Heroic DA vault token yesterday gave me my 13th Scarlet Witch cover so championing her to get her colors fixed is my next top priority. After that I think I'm going to take Kingpin and Ant Man to 255 then look at the 3* characters again. Looks like in the long run I'll need them all championed to start getting better rewards from Versus mode.

Everything keeps changing (Day 309 edition)....

Civil War run three got me to 14 4* Cyclops covers and 14 Kingpin covers through token draws. Shield clearance levels dropped a lot of iso in my lap.

Cyclops, Kingpin and Hulkbuster are now all level 273 champions. X23 is still sitting at 5/5/2 and is leveled to 232 and is coming in handy here and there to save healthpacks and works pretty well with Cyclops and IM40. Iceman is 4/5/3 and missed that 4th purple cover opportunity when they skipped his pvp rotation but I'm going to put ISO into him soon.

My 3* champs are inching up slowly, IM40 is 195 now. Blade, Punisher, Mystique and Modern Storm all want to be champed but there isn't enough ISO to go around.

The 2* champ treadmill is slowly churning. I have a few getting closer to 144 and a few at level 15 getting closer to 13 covers that will need ISO to get going.

I got my first 5* characters with full color coverage with Phoenix at 2/1/1 and Iron Man at 1/1/2. Old Man Logan still sits at 2/0/0 with no yellow cover to be seen.

Random covers is still giving me wierd distributions. Nova and War Machine are at 11 covers, Drax and Quake are at 10 covers and somehow Xforce Deadpool is at 2 covers.

I think for now I'm going to try to level Iceman while seeing what other 4* covers show up. I'm going to try to build up a reserve that I can use to champion a 4* if I wind up with a 14th cover for a good character going to waste. If I'm in a good spot I may champion some more 3*'s or I may just level more of my useful 4*'s. Quake at 3/4/3 and level 120 is already good enough to shut down Caltrops so I may keep leveling her to the limit as well.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38452&start=220#p557684 <- Last update, completely re-doing here. It was the "big season" afterall...the ISO came in with shield levels and changes were made!

One season ago (last season):

5*: Some changes made, hit the daily drop Phoenix day and finally champed her at 451, tested some CP pulls and got a few more covers: still no one anywhere near usable. 5/0/2 Surfer, 2/0/2 IM, 2/1/1 BSSM, 2/1/1 OML, 0/2/0 GG, 2/0/0 Steve, 0/1/1 Hulk, 0/1/0 Widow, 0/0/0 Bolt, 0/1/0 (extra) Phoenix, 1/0/0 (extra) SS.

4*: Champed Dino, Nova, Carnage. Fourteen champed, seventeen at 172-ish (Howard at 168, Winter Soldier joined this list).

3*: 15@200+ 13 12@196-199, 13@177-195

2*: sold all max 2*'s except OBW to get the 2*'s all champed and rotations started. +7 2* champs! No champed bagman for some time.

108 roster spots (+2, 5* BW, 4* Spider Woman, 2nd 2* OBW, Venom (spot for next 4*?) added, 144 Thor/Storm removed)
    1042 CP (-26, used about 500 to get six-seven [lucky rate] 5* covers)

Next season:
    Currently holding a Cho cover and nearly enough ISO, may max him. Dino is ready for his show. "Next best" 4*'s ready to go are Ant-Man and X-23, Quake/Punisher/Peggy still dont' have enough covers.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've gone on a star.pngstar.pngstar.png champing spree lately. I currently have 30 of 40 star.pngstar.pngstar.png's rostered, and 10 of those champed, with an 11th coming in a week or so. See full roster in sig.

star.pngstar.pngstar.png CHAMPS:
    icon_daken.png Level 173 5/5/3
    icon_storm.png Level 172 3/5/5
    icon_thor.png Level 171 3/5/5
    icon_ironfist.png Level 170 3/5/5
    icon_rocket.png Level 169 3/5/5
    icon_daredevil.png Level 167 3/5/5
    icon_ironman.png Level 167 5/3/5
    icon_kamalakhan.png Level 167 3/5/5
    icon_quicksilver.png Level 167 3/5/5
    icon_hulk.png Level 167 5/3/5

WHAT'S NEXT?

I'm hoping to draw one more red cover for my 4/5/3 icon_humantorch.png in the next six days, as I have a black cover expiring then. If I don't I'll use CP to buy that last cover and make him my 11th star.pngstar.pngstar.png champ adjusted to 5/3/5.

I recently sold my first max champ star.pngstar.png ( icon_caroldanvers.png ) and have been using the slot to rotate in the star.pngstar.png required characters for the last two PvE events, as I didn't have icon_moonstone.png or icon_blackwidow.png . icon_wolverine.png and icon_thor.png are maxed, and I have a number of icon_wolverine.png covers in my queue, so he'll probably be sold and re-rostered soon. No extra covers for icon_thor.png yet. icon_storm.png , icon_humantorch.png , icon_captainamerica.png , and icon_bullseye.png are all within 1-3 covers of being maxed. icon_hawkeye.png is lagging behind, at Level 137.

I'm sitting on 1050 HP right now, and will likely get T50 for the Spirits of Vengeance sub and hopefully overall for Hearts of Darkness, which would give me enough HP for two roster slots. If that happens, I'll use one of them for icon_squirrelgirl.png and the other to re-roster star.pngstar.pngicon_caroldanvers.png , as I currently have several of her covers in my queue.

I do have a redflag.pngicon_gamora.png expiring in 4 days though, so I may sideline Carol in favor of another star.pngstar.pngstar.png . That would put me to 32 out of 40. But I also have star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.png coming up in Daily Rewards. I know he's not super popular, but they're free star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png covers and it would mean having my very first fully-covered star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png . I was really wanting to hold on to star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ironman.png because I'll eventually get more covers for him through champ rewards from icon_ironfist.png and star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ironman.png, but I may let him go for now to make space for icon_wolverine.png and re-roster him when the time comes.

Otherwise the plans are to get all the star.pngstar.pngstar.png characters rostered, then focus on adding the star.pngstar.png characters to get the full farm going, while holding on to any star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png characters that are just too good to pass up.

I have an OK system going where I swap out the star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png required character that's given through S.H.I.E.L.D. CL7 progression rewards if I don't already have them to help with hitting progression and placement rewards. It will be nice to eventually not have to swap them and open new slots to hold on to them if I want. I'm a little bummed I won't be able to do this for Meet Rocket and Groot because I don't have icon_mrfantastic.png but it's not the end of the world.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Quick question:
    I opened my first 5* cover - Black Widow.
    Should I keep her or not?

I'm sitting on 4x 3* champs as my top characters.
  • Quebbster
    Alsmir wrote:
    Quick question:
    I opened my first 5* cover - Black Widow.
    Should I keep her or not?

I'm sitting on 4x 3* champs as my top characters.
    If you are starting to move to the 3* champion phase, I don't Think scaling will be too badly affected from a single fivestar cover as long as you don't level her. A boosted 3* champion is around level 250 anyway, so it should work out.

For my own part I champed Cho this morning - never thought that would happen only last week. icon_e_smile.gif Silver Surfer covers expire tomorrow, but I hope to get enough CP for one or two more Classic legends packs Before then. It all depends if I can be bothered to hit 1300 Points in Balance of Power... so probably just one.
    I Think after today I will stockpile CP again since the Anniversary is only two weeks away. Never know if they introduce some other cool new legendary token...
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    I Think after today I will stockpile CP again since the Anniversary is only two weeks away. Never know if they introduce some other cool new legendary token...

That hadn't occurred to me. Good idea.

Yesterday, I had 21 commandpoints.png and a yellowflag.pngyellowflag.pngicon_sentry.png expiring soon since mine was stuck at 5/2/5. Rather than but a Classics token_legendary.png and waste the Sentry cover, I bought the greenflag.png cover I needed for him, sold my max-Champion'd star.pngstar.pngicon_magneto.png to level him up & Champion Sentry, applied that dying cover, and then received a Latest token_legendary.png for the effort (plus lots of XP). That token gave me a blackflag.pngicon_hulkcho.png , just in time for the young Hulk to be improved. (Mine is now at 3/1/2.) This is the only kind of scenario where I approve of using commandpoints.png for anything other than directly buying a token_legendary.png and I've pulled it off more than once.

Now my only remaining non-Champion star.pngstar.pngstar.png is icon_vision.png but the cover I need for him is coming quickly to Deadpool's Daily Quest. I guess it's about time for me to admit that I'm in the four-star transition. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor

A few updates. Got the last Goblin cover today, so he's championed. 5cap was championed a week or so ago. BSS is now front and center, being fully covered and nearly unleveled. Not going to be pulling any classic legendaries for a while (i.e.: I'll be hoarding my cp), to make sure I don't pull an unusable BSS.

Championed 4hor, as my 20th 4* champion. Also championed Falcon as my 31st 3* champion (I picked him because he feeds a 4* I already have championed, and he was the one for whom I had the most covers pending). Have pulled one Natasha cover, so I have everyone again.

Total roster ISO just cleared 16M. Still 7.3M to go on fully covered characters. Wasp (2/4/5 now; still haven't finished Shield Sim) and Spider-Woman (2/2/2) are much improved, but still not there. Just a little bit shy of 22k levels across all characters.

And I should mention that Shield Ranks have really improved the ISO situation. No way I could have managed all that without all that extra ISO. Not even close.

After BSS? Not sure. Black Bolt (0/3/4), IM46 (4/3/2), or drop back to 3-4*s. Probably have 3-4 weeks to make that decision, so not going to dwell on it for the moment.

Have made some detours. BSS is up to 435, but the detour was championing Psylocke, Punisher, and Colossus. My 2* farm has somewhat stalled out because of that, but it'll get moving again very soon. So, nudge that forward, then finish BSS. Then...?

Black Bolt finally has a green cover, and IM46 has a fifth red, but both are still unleveled. Either might be useful.

None of the remaining 4*s are screaming out to me in needing to be championed, aside from the champion progression benefits. The only remaining 3* who feeds a 4* that I have championed is Sentry, so... maybe?

In terms of summary, I'm up to 16.7M in roster ISO, with 6.5M needed for my remaining fully-covered characters (though Wasp is only one cover away from adding 370k to that). Despite the improvements, I'm still just under 22k total levels, perhaps because of selling 2*s (as I said, stalled, with three waiting for ISO to be re-championed). And it occurred to me this morning that I haven't championed a 4* since the ISO influx. Not sure if that's good or bad.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Last status on 8/23/16:
    Changes since last time:
    I've gotten another OML cover to make him 4/2/2 and have him maxed at 375. I was able to champ Quake and 4 more 3*s leaving just 2 left.

Current Status:
    icon_wolverine.png 4/2/2 maxed at 375
    icon_jeangrey.png 3/5/5 sitting at 360

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Champs
    icon_ironman.pngicon_carnage.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_x23.pngicon_redhulk.pngicon_quake.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png Champ Status
    2 to go icon_falcon.pngicon_psylocke.png

Potential 4* targets to work on next include:
    Nova at 150 4/4/5 (two covers in queue)
    Punisher at 140 2/5/5
    (No longer showing 4*s I'll probably never champ. It was depressing listing out all those cover maxed 4*s I'll probably never level.)

Current Project
    I'm just banking CP and LTs at this point since I want to champ Nova. I'm sitting at 200K ISO and 195 CPs and 5 Latest LTs. Once I champ Nova, I'll focus on getting those last 2 3*s champed when I get covers for them.

Changes since last time:
    On the five star front, I brought Phoenix up to 375 to match OML. Due to the huge ISO influx, I was able to champ Nova, 4Pun, 4Thor, Howard and Cho. I had my first 4* (Hulkbuster) hit 300 which is cool. I was also able to finish off the last 2 3*s. I've begun work on my 2*s.

Current Status:
    icon_wolverine.png 4/2/2 maxed at 375
    icon_jeangrey.png 3/5/5 sitting at 375

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Champs
    icon_ironman.pngicon_carnage.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_x23.pngicon_redhulk.pngicon_quake.pngicon_nova.pnghoward_icon.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_thor.pngicon_hulkcho.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png Champ Status
    DONE!

star.pngstar.png Champ Status
    Still need to roster:
    icon_moonstone.pngicon_daken.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_bullseye.png

Potential 4* targets to work on next include:
    Ant-Man at 150 5/2/5 (blue covers are my unicorn)
    Kingpin at 160 4/4/5
    The Thing at 160 5/3/5
    Prof X at 140 5/3/5

Current Project
    I'm just banking CP and LTs at this point. I'm sitting at 200K ISO and 79 CPs and 5 Latest LTs. I'm focusing on getting the ISO and HP to roster and finish my 2* farm at this point. I'm starting with all the heros and then I'll move to the villians.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Done with Earth's Mightiest. Time for pre-season review.

Ended up not hoarding apart from season placement rewards because 1) no willpower 2) need more iso/covers. 5* drop rate continues to be poor but I'm more or less content as long as I have all the characters.

Oml L455+0
    Phx L455+0
    Banner 2/0/0 +1
    Cap 1/3/1+1
    IM46 2/0/3 +1
    GG 1/2/1 +1
    BSS 1/1/0 - Still no BSS since January. RNGesus have mercy...
    SS 5/4/4 Holding at L350 until I get another cover.
    Black Bolt 0/0/1+1
    Champed Miles, War Machine, PX, Howard.
    More than expected thanks to several 2*s finally hitting max.
    New characters:
    Wasp
    Pulled Jessica Drew from a Venom Bomb token. Thrilled. :)

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    IF and mororo locked in a battle to determine whether RNG's divine grace is better or dev favour through placement rewards is stronger. Mororo stormed up to 226, IF in hot pursuit at 225. Fortunately both HB and 4thor are champed. Hulk stomped up to 224 and poor Cho has a cover in my queue limbo.

4 left below 200. SW bringing up the rear at 191.

star.pngstar.png
    Started 2nd cycle of champ farm with only magneto left at 135 waiting to be harvested. Waiting for Shield levels to go live before I rechamp Moonstone.

Token hoard: 2x 10packs, 1 latest, 2 tacos, 225cp

Now that BOP is over... navel-gazing time!

Oml L457 +2
    Phx L455 +0
    Banner 2/0/2 +2
    Cap 1/5/1 +2
    IM46 3/0/3 +1
    GG 3/2/1 +2
    BSS 2/2/0 +2
    SS 5/4/4 Holding at L350 until I get another cover.
    Black Bolt 0/1/1 +1
    Widow - 0 icon_e_sad.gif

Collected like this, it looks like I had a good season... but most came late. actually got 3 in the past 2 days, and this included cp and lts from last season, so I was feeling a little bummed for a while for most of the season. Broke my no BSS streak at last! Not having widow is sad!

Post Shield Ranks, I opened my hoard and champed Kingpin and XFW as the last of my 4* outliers at level 200, plus Falcap, I'm not sure why. Think I had a few of his covers lying around? Added Thing to my champs because one of my alliancemates loves Thing.

Up to 20 4*s champed, just covered Kate and Bucky to leave me with 14 fully covered underlevelled 4*s and Peggy, Janet and Marc short of just 1/2/2 covers to max respectively. Had a really great run of usable 4* covers in the past week, 4 MKs in about 2 days? Jessica stalled at 2/3/2 but I'm feeling really good about my progress in this tier. Planning to champ dino for anniversary, but it's hard resisting the lure of champing more 4*s before their covers expire...

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    In the epic battle between IF and Mororo, things looked dark for a while with Mororo, Hulk and Rags all storming past poor IF with the help of my 2* farm and event rewards. IF struggled and kept close on their heels, determined not to give up. Then divine dev intervention! IF covers for BOP! Now he sits smugly ahead of the rest (233) at 235 with his pvp progression cover still to come. icon_e_biggrin.gif

SW managed to gain a few covers this season, but still lagging at 197, with the next lowests well ahead at 203.

star.pngstar.png
    2* farm all churning well due to playing more lighting rounds than usual for a data collection thing, and all the 10 packs saved and earned. Ms Marvel and Hawkeye almost ready to go to market...

PS: I got 2 bagmans this season. TWO. icon_cry.gif

Time to hoard again, for the new characters that we will no doubt be flooded with for anniversary. Looking forward to anniversary as well, the new direction for mpq is feeling good so far. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    Previously, on "Roster Report"...
    Fully updated roster is in my signature below.

Champion 4*s:

icon_jeangrey.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_thor.pngicon_carnage.png

33 out of 40 Champion 3*s. Only ones missing are:

icon_psylocke.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_sentry.pngicon_vision.pngicon_storm.pngicon_quicksilver.png

I can't see myself championing them anytime soon. Just not enough ISO.

10 out of 14 Champion 2*s. Need Torch, Ms. Marvel, Bullseye and Bagman. Again, just not enough ISO to worry about them right now.

I have plenty of cover-maxed 4*s, but not enough ISO to get them even close to 270. But since my 5*s are at the point where they're better than any 4*, what's the point in leveling any of them? Sure, they're nice when they're boosted, but I'd need millions of ISO to get them all that good.

Basically the 4* transition is a joke. You only need to level up 2 or 3 top tier 4*s, then hope you get lucky enough to get your 5*s online. Once you get 7 covers in some 5*s, the rest of your 4* roster becomes irrelevant.

I haven't spent any ISO in the last few weeks on anybody that's not a 4* or 5*. There's no point. I did get X-23 up to champion level and I'm currently working on Cyclops. I want to get Cyclops, Red Hulk, Iceman and Deadpool up to 270, but none of the rest of the 4*s seem like a high priority after that. Maybe I'll bump up SS or Phoenix so I can run 2 5*s in PvP events. But then I'm worried about running into the big whales.

So it's been a month and I've championed Cyclops, Iceman and Rocket & Groot. That's pretty slow progress for a month's worth of effort. It's a little discouraging to only be able to bring up a single 4* every 2 weeks.

I did very recently get 2 more covers for OML to max him out at 5/4/4. I have a Kingpin cover waiting for me to champion him and then I'll work on bringing OML up to 450. That's a little more than 200k needed for both of those tasks so that's about the next 2 weeks worth of ISO spoken for.

OK, so wholesale changes on my roster this month. (current roster in sig below)

In the last month I maxed OML and the rest of my 3*s. I got tired of wasting covers for the last few 3*s that weren't champed. So now I have 9 champed 4*s ( icon_ironman.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_carnage.pngicon_thor.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_x23.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_kingpin.pngicon_deadpool.png ) and all 40 champed 3*s.

I've decided to become the champion of turning over my 2* characters. So whenever I got a 2* cover for one of my level 144 champs, I sold it and replaced it with a 1-cover version. I ended up selling all 10 of my level 144 characters for 650k ISO. I used the ISO to level up the other 4 2*s that weren't champed yet (Bullseye, Bagman, Torch, Ms. Marvel) and dumped the rest of the ISO into my low-level 4*s. So now all of my 4*s are either soft-capped or level 165, whichever one was higher. Yup, even Cho and Star Lord. Now I'm not worried about any of their DDQ fights, except maybe Mr. F (can he win even if he's level 270?).

So I see this as a huge loan of 650k ISO that I've got to pay back down the road as my 2*s get cover maxed again. I want to got them all earning champ rewards as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I opened up a stash of 440 CP. I got 2 5*s (BSS and SS) and some 4* covers that were mostly sold. I did get 3 Ghost Riders, so he's my next champion target (level 226 currently). Then it's back to building up the 2*s.

So it's been a little over a month and I've champed 2 more 4*s - Ghost Rider and Antman. The rest of my ISO has gone to building back up all of the 2* champs that I sold the last time. I have 9 2* champs and 5 more waiting on ISO.

My goals for the next month are to champ Nova in anticipation of his cover coming up as a 1k reward very soon. Next up after that is Quake. With those 2 champed then I can go back to finishing up those 2*s.

If I get another 2* max champed then I'll sell him and apply the ISO to Nova or Quake. Then back to the 2* rebuilding.

A longer-term goal is to get 5* Spidey up and running. He's 5/1/4, but I'm worried about locking myself into all-5* MMR for eternity.

Another month, and another 2 champions - Nova and Quake. Good thing too, because they've been enormously helpful in the Hulk PvE and the last few PvPs. After that, I started to build up my 5*s. I wanted IM46, Black Suit Spidey and Phoenix to all be a little more useful. IM46 only has 6 covers, so I focused more on the other 2. I got both of them up to level 310 before I stopped. I stopped because I got 2 Thing covers - 1 from daily supply and 1 from the 1k reward in PvP. So now I'll champ Thing before going back to the 5*s.

My Moonstone and 2* Bullseye both reached level 144 in the last month so I sold them off and used the ISO to champ baby Thor and Hawkeye. So I've still got 9 2* champs. I'm going to sell off Ms. Marvel as soon as I get a replacement cover for her.

It's only been 2 weeks since my last update, but it's been an interesting 2 weeks. I finished champing Thing, largely due to selling off Ms. Marvel. I got another Black-Suit Spidey cover, making him 5/1/5. So I went back to leveling him so I could pair him with OML and got him to level 358. But then I got a rush of Red Hulk covers, enough to cover-max him plus 2 more. I was able to sell off Magneto and 2* Cap to quickly champ Red Hulk too.

So I champed 2 4*s in only 2 weeks, but now I'm down to only 6 2* champs (and one of them is Bagman). Therefore I need to build back up my 2* stable. A few of them were recently sold so they aren't fully covered yet, but Daken, Bullseye, Moonstone and Wolverine all can be champed. At least with 2*s you can champ 2 a week instead of 1 every 2 weeks like 4*s.

I would still like to take BSS to his soft-cap of 420 and Phoenix to hers of 390, but I'm not in that big of a hurry to wreck my MMR. BSS looks like a lot of fun though.

Roster summary:

1 champed 5* (OML), 12-cover SS, 11-cover BSS, 9-cover Phoenix
    15 champed 4*s - 14 other cover-maxed 4*s
    all 40 3*s are champed (LCap is highest at 210)
    2*s keep getting cycled as soon as they hit 144

I wanted to do a quick update since we all got our influx of ISO. I was level 65, so I ended up with almost 900k ISO.

I decided to just go all-in with my 5*s and not even bother with more 4* champs. This was helped by getting a 13th Surfer cover. I took Surfer from level 300 to champion, and I brought Black-Suit Spidey up to level 420. Now I have a champed OML and Surfer and a 420 BSS.

I used the rest of the ISO to champ some 2*s that I had recently flipped and to bring some of the newer 4*s up a few levels. With this Civil War event, I'll get enough Winter Soldier covers to max him and have 1 purple left over, so he's my next target. He was only level 111 when I started, so I'll need to flip a couple of 2*s to get him to 270 in time. OBW is already 144, so I'll flip her when I get another cover, and hopefully Storm can get there soon too.

So I finished up champing the Winter Soldier and moved on to champing Miles Morales. I kept putting him off for so long but I also kept getting his covers. Finally, I had to do it. So 2 more 4* champs puts me at 17 overall.

Not much movement in the 5* realm because I've been hoarding my CP. My Black-Suit Spidey is a 5/1/5 and I don't know if I should try to get the CP to buy his last 2 greens. I use him all of the time, even over my champed Surfer, since his purple is so good for beating OML/PHX teams. But I hate giving up 36 LT draws just for 1 guaranteed cover. It doesn't matter right now anyway since I only have 550 or so CP. Another factor is the dilution of 5*s in the Classic pulls. With 7 5*s in those tokens, the chance of me getting a BSS green is only 0.7%. If they split the 5*s into 3 or more groups, then I'd be more likely to draw it out instead of whaling the covers.

I'm still turning over my 2*s as soon as I get them. I just flipped Storm and champed OBW and Ares again. So that gives me 13 out of 14 2* champs, the most I've had at any given time.

I don't have any 4* covers in my queue, so I'm spending my ISO to bump up the newer 4*s to a decent enough level to beat their DDQ. Drax, Kate Bishop, Peggy, Moon Knight and War Machine will all be taken up to level 150 or so. If I do get a 4* cover of someone I can champ, then I'll champ them instead, especially if it's a decent one like Punisher. Who knows, maybe I'll champ Dino if he gets a boost for the next anniversary.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    veny wrote:
    All 3*s championed
    All 4*s at level 70
    All 5*s at level 255

Future plans:
    1) Upgrade all 2*s to champions, after maxing them out i will sell them and repeat
    2) Upgrade 4*s with 13 covers - thats all, i wont get past this considering the frequency of new 4*s
    Exactly 2 months later and i just turned my 5th 4* into champion. Thats pretty quick icon_e_smile.gif
  • Quebbster
    I got my thirteenth cover for Drax today,so I suppose he's my next fourstar to max and champion. I'm in no particular rush though, his 3/5/5 build is acceptable and level 209 is good enough for now.
    Still stockpiling for the anniversary next week, so roster progress is pretty slow. I'm back to a million ISO in the bank after champing Cho, so I might wait to level Drax until I can do so and still have a million or more ISO left. It's a nice number.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a Nick Fury cover to reach 13 via champion rewards, and then pulled a Fury from a classic Legendary later the same day.

So now it's a race to see if I can get to 335k ISO before the cover expires. I'm at 57.3k right now, and if 2* drops are kind, I have three 2* champions approaching recycle time. DDQ is going to drop a minimum of 48.1k during the window as well.

If all of those ducks line up just so, that leaves me 30k'ish short. Which lightning rounds might be able to help with.

If I can't get there in time, I'll probably just sit on the ISO until I hit 580k and just finish championing my 3* in one fell swoop.