MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2016 Edition **Updated

Comments

• lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*Hi-Fi (01/21/16)- Updated Weekly Buffs.

More updates soon. Late to another meeting. Appreciate the "lazy" comments. Made a very busy person smile. icon_lol.gif

At least you're consistent. icon_lol.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    UPCOMING VERSUS TOURNAMENTS
      Black Widow – Hollowpoint Kiss Punisher – Army of One Iron Man (Model 40) – Heavy Metal Hulk – Smash Hit Quicksilver – Blue Shift

Is this list correct? Army of One rewards are listed as Mystique.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      Black Widow – Hollowpoint Kiss Punisher – Army of One Iron Man (Model 40) – Heavy Metal Hulk – Smash Hit Quicksilver – Blue Shift

This is important stuff. I specifically sold a Punisher cover yesterday (and had a few days left!) because I knew I could only max one: Punisher or Iron Man. "Their PVP's are coming up back-to-back" I thought to myself based on this thread...may as well not champ Punisher, I'll champ Iron Man (since I have HB).

Should I go to customer support and get my Punisher cover back, since apparently we were lied to in this thread?

THIS THREAD IS ONE OF THE MAJOR BONES YOU THREW TO THE PLAYERS WHILE SHUTTING DOWN SPOILERS. One of the big benefits the spoiler threads had was letting players know where to put their ISO - who was coming up in the short term. This information needs to be accurate!
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

THIS THREAD IS ONE OF THE MAJOR BONES YOU THREW TO THE PLAYERS WHILE SHUTTING DOWN SPOILERS. One of the big benefits the spoiler threads had was letting players know where to put their ISO - who was coming up in the short term. This information needs to be accurate!

Totally agree. After a period of inactivity with no update, we got some update... And it turned out to be wrong?

How disappointing....
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards

I presume that list only states the featured 3* in that respective event, not the prize you get from it

We know that. However it has always been the case that the reward character will be the next pvp.

In this case, Punisher pvp reward is Mystique. That means that the next pvp would be mystique and not IM40 as Hi-fi has reported.
  • dr tinykittylove
    I presume that list only states the featured 3* in that respective event, not the prize you get from it

The reward for a given pvp has always been the featured next pvp unless replaced by a 4* or special pvp like the off season events, and even then they are the cover given out at 800 progression in the replacement event. Either the list is wrong, the rewards are wrong, or they are changing a system that has been in place since... very long ago.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    You guys missed one key part of the update:
    *Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    *Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.

Yeah, that's always the case. It also is completely possible we hear some Iron Man BIG ANNOUNCEMENT and a special event is put in place of Mystique....I'd SINCERELY HOPE that is what is happening here.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:

The problem is is that for D3 Go! a timely manner is sometime within the next epoch. I get that it is a small team doing different jobs at the same time but please just let the intern do this kind of thing in future.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Linkster79 wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

The problem is is that for D3 Go! a timely manner is sometime within the next epoch. I get that it is a small team doing different jobs at the same time but please just let the intern do this kind of thing in future.
    Have you looked at the in game credits? It's not exactly a "small team"
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it is Mystique and not IM40, I'll be a happy camper, because my Mystique is championed, and my IM40 is way down at level 113 (as it's basically completely useless, so I'm saving it as one of my last characters to champion).
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    My guess is that they were intending to have the 'round of 3* buffs* that they mentioned done at the start of this week, and had planned in the IM40 PvP as a way to highlight the changes. However, there might be some delay in the tweaks, and therefore IM40 is postponed and Mystique is put up as a replacement PvP.

Just my guess, of course.
  • dr tinykittylove
    Der_Lex wrote:
    My guess is that they were intending to have the 'round of 3* buffs* that they mentioned done at the start of this week, and had planned in the IM40 PvP as a way to highlight the changes. However, there might be some delay in the tweaks, and therefore IM40 is postponed and Mystique is put up as a replacement PvP.

That would be extremely exciting news! /hugs 3* army

Just hoping the buffs are more like doom/loki than rags...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Der_Lex wrote:

That would be extremely exciting news! /hugs 3* army

Just hoping the buffs are more like doom/loki than rags...

How much worse could they make IM40.....

Oh wait they did "buff" Rags.

On a more serious note it is kind of disturbing that this info was added on the 21st and it is the 24th now. So in 3 days 2 being weekends they changed heir mind.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Saving both Mystique and IM40 covers for now until we know for sure. One of them will be champed..
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    *Hi-Fi (01/25/16)- Changed Iron Man (Model 40) – Heavy Metal Versus event to Mystique - Identity Theft

Sorry, folks. IMM40 was on the schedule when I updated last week. The disclaimer does come into affect on occasion ("*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.)"

Thanks for your understanding.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*Hi-Fi (01/25/16)- Changed Iron Man (Model 40) – Heavy Metal Versus event to Mystique - Identity Theft

Sorry, folks. IMM40 was on the schedule when I updated last week. The disclaimer does come into affect on occasion ("*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.)"

HiFi - Any other news to share in IM40????? We could really use a bone here.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*Hi-Fi (01/25/16)- Changed Iron Man (Model 40) – Heavy Metal Versus event to Mystique - Identity Theft

Can you let us know why it was changed so quickly?
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    wymtime wrote:
    "David wrote:

Can you let us know why it was changed so quickly?
    Heh, they probably can, but just like when they changed the 2k Sim progression reward, they won't.

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:

Awww, our precious one-in-a-week answer from a red name was used up on this?