MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2016 Edition **Updated

Comments

• RoryQ
    RoryQ Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Really need to sort this thread out, either have it and update it or don't have it at all
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    rbdragon wrote:
    01/21/16 - 01/27/16
    4* - ????????, ????????
    3* - ????????, ????????, ????????, ????????, ????????
    2* - ????????, ????????
    1* - ????????, ????????

That's where I'm at as well icon_e_ugeek.gif

Of course I don't really need to worry about which 4* to level up, as I have plans for the next few months to level up all my 3s and fully covered 4s (and 2s I guess) for championing, plus some 5s if I win the right ones. But it's still nice to know! No need to keep us in the dark.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Based on history, I think five of the following six 3* characters will be boosted for 01/21/16 - 01/27/16, as they have last been boosted approximately 8 weeks ago...

Last boosted week beginning 11/19:
    icon_caroldanvers.png Captain Marvel (Modern)

Last boosted week beginning 11/26:
    icon_blade.png Blade
    icon_cyclops.png Cyclops
    icon_hood.png Hood
    icon_psylocke.png Psylocke
    icon_squirrelgirl.png Squirrel Girl

If they're not boosted this next week, odds are good they will be boosted the following since it's been so long, so I think it's safe to put ISO in/champion these characters.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    boosted info is nice, but what I really want to know is the pvp event characters coming up. from those events when you end up with 3-4 covers for the featured character, that will drive my leveling plans if I can ever get the info. currently have 3 gamora, 2 deadpool, and a patch and grocket. gamora is likely happening next (dp has 13 days), but I might alter my plans if a patch or grocket event is upcoming. pve info is good too, but not the 3 events/week like pvp is. pve - don't care about mystique (heroic award). assuming a new character event is coming after that. of course its due to be a 7-day event, so that would be unfortunate. could I possibly hope against all hope that we have a short reprieve from the every 2 weeks schedule? after a week of hard play (eots and iso), I'm spent for a while on pve. gotta let the batts recharge. pve is fun when you don't care. when you care its not fun. cannot bring myself to not care enough. heroic with 42K progression helps for a few days off at least.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    They are not at work, today.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    TLCstormz wrote:
    They are not at work, today.

What was their excuse for the rest of the month?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    They were out for the holidat yesterday, and prior was the weekend, i would expect an update today.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    They were out for the holidat yesterday, and prior was the weekend, i would expect an update today.
    Enough excuses, if they cared at all about keeping us in the loop they could've done it, you can save drafts then post laterwith one click on a mobile device, EVEN OVER A HOLIDAY!
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:

If only there were a magical time telling device that would alert people to upcoming holidays and weekends so they could make preparations beforehand. Man the guy who invents that will be a billionaire. Until then I guess we'll just have to wake up and wonder if today is a holiday or weekend.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    If only there were a magical time telling device that would alert people to upcoming holidays and weekends so they could make preparations beforehand. Man the guy who invents that will be a billionaire. Until then I guess we'll just have to wake up and wonder if today is a holiday or weekend.

LOLOL!!! I say this ALL THE TIME to my friends whenever they ask me something that can be easily answered by Google. "man, if only there was this magical device that you could just type in a question, and it would search up the answer for you. I'm gonna invent it and make BILLIONS!" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Enough excuses, if they cared at all about keeping us in the loop they could've done it, you can save drafts then post laterwith one click on a mobile device, EVEN OVER A HOLIDAY!

They wouldn't even need to do that much work. Setup a web application that pulls data from the same database that the game runs off of. The game clearly knows well in advance what events are coming up, and they certainly aren't populating upcoming data on weekends/holidays.

Think I update the DDQ calendar every day? Nope, it's semi-automated. I am baffled as to why the same sort of system hasn't already been built by the devs. Forums are a **** way to manage this.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always like to post this.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    lukewin wrote:
    Positivity would be more abundant on the forums, if we had things to be positive about. Since that might be out of your hands, dispelling negativity would be a nice alternative. If we could get updates or even acknowledgments that our suggestions / complaints are being heard / hopefully addressed, it might go a long ways towards generating positivity by dispelling negativity. Some might get tired of continually seeing "we hear you / it's being addressed / we have no update / it's been passed on" but it would speak volumes compared to the deafening silence we hear from D3 Go! (whose forums we are on) and Demiurge.

"Deafening silence," that's a pun right? Or is it a misnomer? Lukewin, keeping things positive with a little joke! icon_razz.gif

You hear from D3 Go! here in the forums on a regular basis. I can't speak for the Demiurge team. But, did you know they have a feedback email where players can contact the developers directly?: marvelpuzzlequest-feedback@demiurgestudios.com

Thanks!
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2021
    "Deafening silence" is neither a pun nor a misnomer. It's an oxymoron, in which a phrase consists of two words that, on their own, contradict each other. Examples include "pretty ugly", "even odds", "act naturally". And btw, "oxymoron" is itself an oxymoron.
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I miss IceX...
  • Bossblack
    Bossblack Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Can we please get an update?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    They probably just got into the office. Give it another hour or so. I'm sure they'll update it before lunch.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    TLCstormz wrote:
    They probably just got into the office. Give it another hour or so. I'm sure they'll update it before lunch.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bossblack wrote:

they dont want to update cause they know the 7 day pve will be a new 4 star and people will say

7 DAY FOR A 4 STAR NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

icon_e_smile.gif

really though hopefully a update today and REALLY hopefully no new 4 star for the son pve
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    slidecage wrote:
    Bossblack wrote:

they dont want to update cause they know the 7 day pve will be a new 4 star and people will say

7 DAY FOR A 4 STAR NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

icon_e_smile.gif

really though hopefully a update today and REALLY hopefully no new 4 star for the son pve

Maybe the next 4* will be given away from "Heroic Galactus" - Galactus run with limited lineup. Moonstone vs. Galactus - FIGHT! icon_lol.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Devs I have a suggestion for February. Just post he whole month in advance. Since PVP, PVE, and DPDQ are all out of date (some more than others) it would be better to just post the whole month and say estimated release of a new character. The fact that this thread is so out of date makes me feel sad.
    The Devs will say it is because they are busy working on cool things for us, but the reality is this is something that can take 5 min to update and an outlook reminder set to every other week could make this reall easy.