MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2016 Edition **Updated

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about you just let us resurrect the spoiler thread...
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    How about you just let us resurrect the spoiler thread...

Pardon my bluntness, but hell to the no. When the spoiler thread was active, I perceived from a large number of forumites here an attitude of "Dude, why did you even bother with that lame guess at the new character. The real answer's in the spoiler thread!"

I happen to understand that D3Go and Demiurge sometimes have exclusive arrangements to reveal data, and the existence of the spoiler thread (and the spoiler sites that I know of) can threaten those arrangements.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Token page for Prodigal Sun has updated, so that's up next. You're welcome David and Cthulhu.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    lukewin wrote:
    Token page for Prodigal Sun has updated, so that's up next. You're welcome David and Cthulhu.
    They already revealed that in the patch notes...
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm really sorry, I really really hate to be this kind of person but what does do David Hi-Fi with his time at the office? Certainly not what his job title (community manager) implies, as this community is not being managed (except by our tireless mods, thanks). Today, after full 6 days of silence, he dropped by and made two short posts. One to repeat a thing that he had said previously and that someone asked about, and the other to offer "clarification" on a post made by the mods (that he should have done himself). All the pressing questions, confusion, and growing anger boiling up in the community for the last week, entirely ignored. And somehow, I could imagine reasons and justifications for it... but not updating this badly outdated thread? This is but the bare minimum and it's baffling that not even this much can be spared by a person supposedly in a customer-facing role.

If he's truly busy with other kind of tasks, change his job title and appoint someone with the time and the ability to truly engage with the community. IceIX was able to do this and it was NOT his job description. In fact, he was in a position far above this kind of lowly tasks and yet he found the time to interact with us.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    IceIX was able to do this and it was NOT his job description. In fact, he was in a position far above this kind of lowly tasks and yet he found the time to interact with us.

That's the difference between someone who likes and cares about their job and somebody who clocks in, does the bare minimum to get paid and then clock out.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still nothing, this would be embarrassing, if it weren't normal
  • lukewin
    Quebbster wrote:
    lukewin wrote:
    They already revealed that in the patch notes...

They posted the patch notes before Juggs Heroic came up. So just because they post that it's coming, it'd be helpful to post when. This thread doesn't even have Juggs Heroic in it. And I think some appreciate confirmation of what they'll be able to play.
  • lukewin
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I'm really sorry, I really really hate to be this kind of person but what does do David Hi-Fi with his time at the office? Certainly not what his job title (community manager) implies, as this community is not being managed (except by our tireless mods, thanks).

Community could refer to the D3's physical property. Maybe that is spotless.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    wow one more week and we could hope we dont see a new person added this month. I could see why with all of the champion stuff and the new 5 star. glad no new person for sun hopefully a boss battle Jan 28 for a new 4 star or no new star until feb
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    As i said before, I believe that these companies have their employees doing TONS of different things and wearing TONS of different hats.

I am more than certain David IS working, and just not able to work on the stuff that YOU ALL want him working on. That's not his fault though. It's theirs.
  • lukewin
    TLCstormz wrote:
    As i said before, I believe that these companies have their employees doing TONS of different things and wearing TONS of different hats.

I am more than certain David IS working, and just not able to work on the stuff that YOU ALL want him working on. That's not his fault though. It's theirs.

Thanks for bumping the thread white knight. I'll just leave these quotes here.

From this thread
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello everyone!

David [Hi-Fi] Moore here. I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I’m the new D3 Community Manager and I’m excited to be jumping into the game with all of you!

My goal is to listen and feel the pulse of the community, relaying your thoughts and concerns to D3 and the dev teams. I also aim to bring you fresh information and updates as quickly as I can. I’ve been a life-long game-player and I know how important it is to have an avenue for conversation with those behind-the-scenes. Things don’t always work as planned, or aren’t communicated as clearly as possible and this can lead to player frustration. I hope to be the grease on the squeaky wheel…uh…so to speak.

And from the now closed spoiler thread
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Please visit our monthly MPQ SNEAK PEEK posts in MPQ General Discussion for character previews, hints and updates on what's upcoming in the game.

Thank you!

The reason turul stopped posting spoilers was predicated on this PM from David as well
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]... For our part, we are going to try and open up a bit more and release info on what's coming up in the game somewhat sooner than we have in the past. There will still be instances though where we need to keep things private until release day. ...
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    .........so what? You think that Chuthulu or David or shower else have ANY kind of say so whatsoever, if their bosses come in on Monday morning with a stack of work and say "do these by this date, at this time"? lol

And that's assuming they even HAVE desks. These companies ARE NOT big. Why can't you all comprehend that? It's not like they have thousands or even hundreds of employees.

It sucks that things are not happening the way we'd like them to, but what's the point in being shocked or resulting to name calling? Just use common sense and expect the worst. And keep the DISRESPECT to yourself and your cronies.

Thanks.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    .........so what? You think that Chuthulu or David or shower else have ANY kind of say so whatsoever, if their bosses come in on Monday morning with a stack of work and say "do these by this date, at this time"? lol

And that's assuming they even HAVE desks. These companies ARE NOT big. Why can't you all comprehend that? It's not like they have thousands or even hundreds of employees.

It sucks that things are not happening the way we'd like them to, but what's the point in being shocked or resulting to name calling? Just use common sense and expect the worst. And keep the DISRESPECT to yourself and your cronies.

Thanks.

Uh? Who's name calling and disrespecting anyone? In fact, "cronies" is the most offensive word used in this discussion so far, and it came from you. I myself allowed the fact that he may be busy with other things, but that doesn't take away that his position is not being fulfilled by him or anyone else. Regardless of circumstances, we, the customers are dissatisfied because we are not being given service that was promised and is expected, so it is our right to point it out. We don't know who is to blame about the issue (though, you know, the person they specifically placed to tend such concerns jumps to mind, justifiably) but we can demand that it be fixed.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    A seemingly "simple" solution would be to have a separate thread each season that lays out the 10 or so events that will be played. If there is a new event mixed in that they don't want to spoil, then just use ?????:

Squirrel Girl - Cover Squirrel
    GSBW - Hollowpoint Kiss
    ??????? - ?????????

And include ALL PVE's that will be in that timeframe.

We know there may be changes - and that's fine. At least we'll have a basic idea of what's to come, and how to plan accordingly.

Let's face it, we already schedule things around this game, at least make it a bit easier for us to do so..... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    According to the Prodigal Sun preview, the boosted characters for next week are:
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_elektra.png
    icon_invisiblewoman.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_cyclops.png
    icon_squirrelgirl.png
    icon_blade.png
    icon_hood.png
    icon_psylocke.png

star.pngstar.png
    icon_storm.png
    icon_captainamerica.png

star.png
    icon_yelena.png
    icon_ironman.png
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    So let's say there's a particular bus service that's in high demand. It brings people to work at 7am every day, and is the only means of getting those people to work. The bus company tasks a particular individual to drive that bus.

Let's say for some reason, that driver is unable to work on a particular day, because his boss wants him to do something else. Surely there should be a back-up option in place, like how if a President of a company is unable to oversee a meeting, the Vice-President fills in for him. Or is the company just going to conveniently not bother to find a replacement driver, and leave all the workers stranded, wondering where on earth is their bus? Does the company not care about its workers?
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Community manager would include social media and other areas I suspect, so let's lay off the lazy talk. It's really harsh.

With that being said though, how long would it take to update the OP? May not be a priority but it's incredibly useful to have. Please consider updating it more regularly. Thank you.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    No analogies even needed.

This is either the main place on the Internet that D3 uses to communicate information about their game or it isn't. I assume it is, 'cause the game sometimes links to it, but if it's not, tell us what is so we can all go hang out there instead.

If it is, then upcoming information about events and boosted characters is something they want to provide or they don't. If they don't, they should just say so and people will complain for a bit and then eventually stop, instead of going through the same deal every month.

If they want to do it, then they either have the resources to do it or they don't. If I had to guess, based on what I know about offices, I'd bet David doesn't have ready access to the upcoming event info. By which I mean he can't look it up himself, he has to ask someone for it. That's why the threads are usually posted and updated by not-Davids. Office Dynamics 101. If person A wants to do something, it'll get done faster if he doesn't have to ask Person B for something related to it, becauce Person B doesn't have a direct interest in it getting done.

It ain't happening the way it should. There are three options. Stop the updates entirely, find the resources or develop a process so that it happens correctly, or keep farting around. So far, they've chosen #3.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone wrote:
    Community manager would include social media and other areas I suspect, so let's lay off the lazy talk. It's really harsh.

With that being said though, how long would it take to update the OP? May not be a priority but it's incredibly useful to have. Please consider updating it more regularly. Thank you.

Yes because Facebook and Twitter are awash with MPQ announcements. IceIX used to be interviewed by Marvel.com when a new release or feature was imminent but even those interviews would have only taken an hour at most maybe twice a month, and has been proven these interviews were done well in advance.

For me the time for sympathy has long passed, it is the moderators that I feel sorry for as they have been tasked to monitor the forums that D3 Go! have long stopped caring about.