Updates Arriving With Champion Levels *Updated

Options

Comments

• Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Here's to hoping this is where posts don't get deleted...
    From the other thread (sorry the quotes didn't copy properly):

aesthetocyst wrote:

Never pay for anything you can get better for free. Crowdsourcing is excellent leverage.

RE: The OP ... cannot give any feedback until the nature of the "bug" affecting buffs and or championed levels is detailed. How is what we are seeing different than what was intended?

The only intelligent feedback we can give at this point are anecodtal reports and ask whether what we are reporting it what was intended.

We have yet to hear a design intent regarding championing.

What did the devs want to do, what effects did they think necessary, in order to incorporate championing into the game?
    What specific changes were intended to achieve those effects?
    What should we be seeing?

We can't provide feedback regarding the changes without know what was intended.

Can only ask questions.

Need answers.

What was intended?
    What in their understanding, is the nature of the "bug"?

and

alphabeta wrote:
    Forgive me but the very existence of this thread worries me

My question is in two parts?

Don't they already know what has changed?

If no - ****

If yes - why ask unless the only things you're going to fix are those that get complained about?

Why on earth why should we be providing data (that I agree with JVReal on: why are we doing it in the first place?) when we haven't been communicated with?
    The best quote? "We have yet to hear a design intent regarding championing."
    I love the new feature. And we can speculate on it's intent all day ("Help with transitioning" "Help with unused covers" "Adds to the high end-end game") but why can't we be tinykittying told?!?! Why does this development/producing team remain so infuriatingly tight-lipped?? PLEASE COMMUNICATE WITH US. Forum trips when I encounter Red name posts and replies are much much better than those filled with AI cheating and meme thread (I love the meme threads; but not the primary reason I come to this site).
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Working on gathering more info if possible. I'll see if I can get further clarification for Monday.

I was working on Monday, was there any further information available?

I commended you for good communication Mr Moore, please don't make me regret those praises.
  • Well d3 just saved me money so i guess im glad I spent my $1800 months ago. Now I just need an option to buy cp only and I will be set.
  • Linkster79
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Yes, please. More clarification is necessary...I know you are not a developer, David, but please rope one into explaining exactly what is going on.

Working on gathering more info if possible. I'll see if I can get further clarification for Monday.

How are you doing with this?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Yes, please. More clarification is necessary...I know you are not a developer, David, but please rope one into explaining exactly what is going on.

I see this has been unpinned, i assume we wont be recieving any farther information on this subject
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is now FRIDAY! And not a word on this subject.
  • Linkster79
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    It is now FRIDAY! And not a word on this subject.

To be fair David has had to compose 4 announcements this week and Cthulu has also been busy posting, actually strike that last one.

Basically it come down to if the issue gets ignored it doesn't exist so there is no issue. Like everything else this too shall pass as it is now classed as working as intended. I shall try to keep this alive by bumping daily until a mod locks it.
  • Linkster79
    Options
    Been a week now, any closer to finding out any information?
  • Linkster79
    Options
    Please any word will do, even if it is to say that the office has been hectic and it slipped your mind.
  • Linkster79
    Options
    Before leaving the office for the day may you please give us further information on what changes are intended, what isn't (bugged), why some user are allowed to deconstruct duplicate characters and other are not and please update the Previews thread with what is upcoming in ways of featured character (versus) event and Deadpool Daily info?

There is a wealth of information that needs to be made to the user base that is in no way a potential spoiler or of use to your competitors.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    lol. I can't believe that no one else is helping you by keeping this bumped up.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I will be happy to bump.
    Unfortunately, it appears the devs REFUSE to release any balance data - (see viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=38215&p=472368#p472368) so HiFi probably can't do much in terms of real updates. In that sense I feel marginally bad for him. Now he could be clearer about this and sticky that post so that we would just know that the dev's for whatever reason have decided we shouldn't know how much ability damage our players do above level 94/166/270, or what other "balance pass" changes they decided to make.

Why the devs do this? I can only guess - given history, I suspect they just don't want the bad publicity it would generate if they told us what changed, or possibly they don't want to be bothered with publishing a before/after table cause so many things changed, or maybe because they are going to continue to tweak the ability damage tables above non-champ max level and so don't want to publish something that will change with the next several releases.

The one thing that I think could be much clearer is for them to say whether boosted ability damage will return to preR91 levels when the "bug fix" goes into the code with R94 or if we should just live with less powerful boosted characters. A little birdy tells me the former may be the case, but I've seen nothing stated publicly.
  • Linkster79
    Options
    Any form of communication on this issue is better than ignoring it. If you don't have information then say so. If you are unable to post what information you have then say so. The longer things are left without being addressed the worse they will become.

Instead of forum users being hacked off for a weekend lack of any communication means that now some of us have been hacked off for nearly 2 weeks. It is continued lack of communication that is helping to fester bad feelings against both the publishing and development teams.

If you are struggling to find time during the working day to liase with the community maybe you can ask your manager for assistance to enable somebody to spend maybe 30 minutes a day to read and respond to the most important threads?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can a mod please add the last updated date to the thread title so I can stop clicking on it, thinking that they actually came back and provided some info?

Thanks.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Can a mod please add the last updated date to the thread title so I can stop clicking on it, thinking that they actually came back and provided some info?

Thanks.

This thread was un-stickied by the OP, most likely for a new one at some future point. I am not sure this one will be updated again.
  • Linkster79
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:

Thanks.

Rather sadly the last post from an admin with any further information was:
    by David [Hi-Fi] Moore » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:13 am

Hello,

Apologies that we didn't make this clear in the previous patch notes. We'll definitely try to rectify that in future.

Demiurge did a balance pass on the ability and match damage of 2-Star, 3-Star, and 4-Star heroes above their Max Level in preparation for the introduction of Champions.

Added line to the OP: "Ability and match damage of 2-Star, 3-Star, and 4-Star characters have been re-tuned when above their Max Level."

The only other post by an admin in this thread was a few moments later stating that they would try to get further information required by the following Monday. A post 10 days overdue. We still would like to know why some characters are doing equal to or less damage when championed, why some characters are doing equal to or less damage at max level in championed, are these bugs or are they "working as intended". We would also like to know why some users are allowed to deconstruct duplicate character and some are being told they " Do not meet the criteria" without actually being made aware what the criteria is and we would also like to know why 5* scaling at champion levels is through the atmosphere in comparison to the other tiers.

10 days is too long in my opinion and over time these issues will be forgotten, swept under the rug and "This too shall pass" just like True Healing and the Wolverine/Thor nerf that rendered poor X-Force Wolverine a virtual castrati.
  • Linkster79
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

Thanks.

This thread was un-stickied by the OP, most likely for a new one at some future point. I am not sure this one will be updated again.

This almost sounds as though you know something we do not regarding the OP's intentions for unpinning this thread. As a moderator I am sure you would not be speaking for an admin unless you categorically state you have permission to post on their behalf. You have used orange text denoting you are posting using your authority as moderator and not a regular forum user which again leads me to believe you have had instruction somewhere to try and let this thread die instead of drawing attention to it and locking it for no apparent reason.

I think the reason this thread has been unpinned is to allow it to disappear from the front page and then just sink. No additional information will follow and having this on the front page is making somebody higher up uncomfortable. Probe me wrong, I have been wrong many times in the past and am fairly certain I will be wrong again in the future, however on the odd occasion I have been known to be bang on the money.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

Thanks.

This almost sounds as though you know something we do not regarding the OP's intentions for unpinning this thread. As a moderator I am sure you would not be speaking for an admin unless you categorically state you have permission to post on their behalf. You have used orange text denoting you are posting using your authority as moderator and not a regular forum user which again leads me to believe you have had instruction somewhere to try and let this thread die instead of drawing attention to it and locking it for no apparent reason.

I think the reason this thread has been unpinned is to allow it to disappear from the front page and then just sink. No additional information will follow and having this on the front page is making somebody higher up uncomfortable. Probe me wrong, I have been wrong many times in the past and am fairly certain I will be wrong again in the future, however on the odd occasion I have been known to be bang on the money.

Actually, most stickied threads get un-stickied after x amount of time, and has hi-fi stated in : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38215&start=40 , there is a change coming in r94, and data is still being looked up.. usually when something new like all that happens, a new sticky is made, and all updates get them.. so most likely the info will be in the r94 update thread when it shows up.

No insider info at all unfortunately, there are still threads stickied (like the link above) that are being responded to though.
  • Linkster79
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

Actually, most stickied threads get un-stickied after x amount of time, and has hi-fi stated in : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38215&start=40 , there is a change coming in r94, and data is still being looked up.. usually when something new like all that happens, a new sticky is made, and all updates get them.. so most likely the info will be in the r94 update thread when it shows up.

No insider info at all unfortunately, there are still threads stickied (like the link above) that are being responded to though.

Are you now posting as a moderator or non moderator as you are responding to something you were quoted whilst using your moderator colour?

Not quite sure where in David's last post in thread you linked to that data is still being looked at as he only made 2 posts the last being
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    bigwhoop wrote:
    I believe David mentioned that the fix will be in R94. He said it somewhere in the forums.

Yes. The way the updates are scheduled and go out for approvals, the soonest the fix for boosted characters can go out is the R94 update.

All that implies is there will be a potential fix for boosted characters and no mention of issues that are being reported for non boosted characters mostly that at max level both championed and in championed there is a discrepancy in damage output now compared to before this feature was rolled out. Is it deliberate that damage output is lowered as part of the system rebalance? is it deliberate that characters and abilities are not seeming to scale uniformly? Is it deliberate that the championed 5* tier is seemingly more God like than before? Is it deliberate that some players cannot have duplicate characters deconstructed yet others cannot and what are the criteria? The community manager said he would try to get more information 12 days ago now, is it deliberate that this has not been done? Is the seeming lack of communication in all these issues is being withheld by not 1 but 2 community managers deliberate?

I know as a moderator you have to stick up for the administrators of this board, but as a player are you not as infuriated as the rest of us? You have to think carefully about the colour of your font if you decide to respond directly, or as somebody who has moderated forums (some for big international software houses) I would recommend you arrange for another moderator to reply in your stead.
  • Linkster79
    Options
    Would it be possible to close out the week with at least an acknowledgement that some of these issues are being looked at? We already know the bug concerning boosted characters is around 2 weeks from possibling being resolved, do we have to wait until after R94 for any more information?