Updates Arriving With Champion Levels *Updated

Options

Comments

• DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    westnyy2 wrote:
    I'm not totally against the change in how we buy covers but we need more than a possible 24 hour notice. Can you imagine the backlash and the amount of people contacting Apple and Android for refunds. As someone sitting on 80K HP I have some decisions to make on how to spend it. How about a 1 time HP to CP conversion?

I really want to know, did you drop $400 on that HP recently, like all at once? Or have you been saving for 2 years?
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I have no idea if this is good for the game in the long run, but announcing this 24hrs before it goes live is really something else, especially after a sale.

It is something, something perilously close to bait and switch fraud.
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Options
    D3 action plan:

4d3a613c13672b4780e6d77b977892f9.jpg
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Um, guys. We need more information on this now.

If the value of our HP stashes is about to change DRASTICALLY at some undetermined time tomorrow, developers need to explain exactly what's going to happen, and they need to explain it yesterday.

You're on the clock.

Sorry they're too busy pumping out a steady stream of new characters
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    It's possible that they mean cover levels, and not level levels.
    I doubt it... in all the writeups, "max" is used to refer to level levels. "Low", "medium" and "max" would be really awkward ways to refer to # of covers.

I think the point is if you soft cap your characters are weaker. Their stronger art the start ( than they we're before) to help new players and unchanged at the end
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      3 and 4-Star Hero powers have been adjusted.
    Powers are stronger at lower levels, slightly weaker at medium levels and unchanged at Max Level.
    list]

Sooooo you want us to softcap levels..? This is not making me want to max level characters I do not plan to Champion..
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jeremiah 31:31-34 ESV

“Behold, the days are coming, declares the [DEVs], when I will make a new [economy] with the house of [Vets] and the house of [Whales], not like the [economy] that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of [Transition], my [economy] that they broke, though I was their [developer], declares the [DEVs]. But this is the [economy] that I will make with the house of [Vets and Whales] after those [updates], declares the [DEVs]: I will put my [CP] within them, and I will write it on their [wallets]. And I will be their [DEV], and they shall be my people. And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘[Whale thine covers with HP],’ for they shall all [owe] me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the [DEV]. For I will forgive their [indignation], and I will remember their [anger] no more.”

tl;dr This too shall pass.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you, Demiurge, for satiating my need for salty tears. I was running low on power and now have been fully recharged. I knew I could count on you to turn those smiles upside down.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    westnyy2 wrote:
    How about a 1 time HP to CP conversion?

Not speaking for D3 or Demiurge, I don't work for them:

That's not a terrible idea. The hard part is determining the rate. The CP costs for different tiers don't scale the same way HP costs did.
  • Spookard
    Options
    I've been playing this game solidly for around about a year now and I'm still in love with it, the variety of characters, the game mechanics, I think they're all great. One of the things I love about the game is that it has been around for about 2 and a half years and is still being regularly updated with new content and characters icon_e_biggrin.gif it really shows that the developers put a lot of time and effort into this game, this patch in particular is going to significantly change the way some people play, with the addition of championing. It just really bothers me that with every post the developers make, lots of players rush to the forums to berate and scrutinize all the hard work the devs put in.
    ps. maybe devs can't reply to all these questions because they're busy with other stuff, their life doesn't revolve around answering forum questions

tl;dr devs are people too, at least be more constructive with feedback icon_e_sad.gif
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Spookard wrote:
    I've been playing this game solidly for around about a year now and I'm still in love with it, the variety of characters, the game mechanics, I think they're all great. One of the things I love about the game is that it has been around for about 2 and a half years and is still being regularly updated with new content and characters icon_e_biggrin.gif it really shows that the developers put a lot of time and effort into this game, this patch in particular is going to significantly change the way some people play, with the addition of championing. It just really bothers me that with every post the developers make, lots of players rush to the forums to berate and scrutinize all the hard work the devs put in.
    ps. maybe devs can't reply to all these questions because they're busy with other stuff, their life doesn't revolve around answering forum questions

tl;dr devs are people too, at least be more constructive with feedback icon_e_sad.gif

My constructive comment: Don't commit fraud. I shouldn't need to say it, but ...

Seriously, why on earth would they make this change with so little notice? It's not that hard to give two weeks notice and let people react.

That's why people get cranky with the devs because they find ways to tinykitty everything. icon_e_smile.gif
  • G25
    G25 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    westnyy2 wrote:
    How about a 1 time HP to CP conversion?

Not speaking for D3 or Demiurge, I don't work for them:

That's not a terrible idea. The hard part is determining the rate. The CP costs for different tiers don't scale the same way HP costs did.

minimum 2500 hp for 120 cp

but for the trouble they caused today, it should be 1800 hps or lower for 120 cps.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    Options
    Spookard wrote:

I appreciate your sentiments, and I want you to understand we all do value the work D3, and the development team provides in supporting and updating this game.

That being said, changes that directly impact the entire value we extract from their product per dollar, is extremely significant.

When someone makes a purchase of a good or service, they do a little calculation in their head about how much it costs, versus what value they are getting in return for it. Yesterday, gold had a perceived value to all of us = to one thing, and tomorrow, its value is going to be significantly different (and for many of us, its going to be worth much much less to us). That demands more time for a feedback loop, and directly effects D3's bottomline.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spookard wrote:

was changing cover buying ever mentioned before? at least if i bought a stark salary i could buy 8 (4*) covers i wish. Now with that change my whole alliance would need to buy a stark salary just to buy 1 (4*) cover.

thx again for the half a day notice
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      3 and 4-Star Hero powers have been adjusted.
    Powers are stronger at lower levels, slightly weaker at medium levels and unchanged at Max Level.
    list]

Sooooo you want us to softcap levels..? This is not making me want to max level characters I do not plan to Champion..
    Then don't. Problem solved!
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Spookard wrote:

There are times for measured, constructive feedback. This is not one of those times. The developers have time-sensitive information that impacts a significant portion of the playerbase. Someone needs to pass that information along.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As a casual, but somewhat regular spender (of the $5 and $20 tiers), I can tell you right away I won't be purchasing any more. No, I'm not angry and this is not retaliative speaking. They simply don't provide enough value to me now. A $20 purchase represented 1 4* cover plus some change. Now it represents a 1/120th of a 4* cover plus a lot of HP I won't have a use for since I get enough in-game for rosters and shieds.

I really don't understand the necessity of this? If the rationale was that now I will feel encouraged to buy 18 Stark Salaries whenever I would normally buy a Logan's Loonies, please understand if I decline.
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    Options
    And this fiasco, in a nutshell, sums up why I hate Demiurge. Little to no communication, and then all of a sudden a drastic change that majorly impacts the game negatively. With the rate at which you gain CP is way too slow. Having to wait fifteen days for a 15 CP boost plus having to pay 50 or more for just a handful of CP is very unsatisfying, especially when it takes 120 CP to whale a 4* cover, which is what most people will want to do. With every change, it just seems Demiurge is more interested in making money instead of actually making a great game.

Can someone tell me why they even implemented this change? Was CP not working for them? Why implement a new use for this form of currency? If things are working, why break them?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DyKpm.gif
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dider152 wrote:
    And this fiasco, in a nutshell, sums up why I hate Demiurge. Little to no communication, and then all of a sudden a drastic change that majorly impacts the game negatively. With the rate at which you gain CP is way too slow. Having to wait fifteen days for a 15 CP boost plus having to pay 50 or more for just a handful of CP is very unsatisfying, especially when it takes 120 CP to whale a 4* cover, which is what most people will want to do. With every change, it just seems Demiurge is more interested in making money instead of actually making a great game.

Can someone tell me why they even implemented this change? Was CP not working for them? Why implement a new use for this form of currency? If things are working, why break them?

greed will cause d3 to fail now. the end is nigh.