Comments

• mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Lukoil wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Hero abilities have been adjusted. Abilities are stronger at lower levels, slightly weaker at medium levels and unchanged at Max Level.

If this means I can actually start using Heroes before they hit 13 covers and have them not be terrible, then that's an awesome change.
    As I unbderstand that if for example luke cages 5 yellow on level 40 tommorow will be like luke cages yellow level 80 today. So they just change progression with level to be less incremental.
    I'm pretty sure they mean the lower levels are stronger than current lower levels, & the medium levels are slightly weaker than the current medium levels.
    They definitely worded it questionably tho.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      Sam Wilson (Captain America) has had an increase in his power levels. You’ll see an increase in all of his abilities at all levels.

A welcome change, although I hope Star-Lord and some of the other lesser 4*s also receive their badly-needed reworks soon.

I do hope the countdown-reduction aspect of FalCap's blueflag.png has been changed/recoded to affect ONLY such countdowns that would benefit from a reduction (as opposed to others that you want to keep on the board as long as possible.) To be honest, that ability is at least 50% of why I (and likely others) think he's pretty bad.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]2-Star characters have had their health slightly adjusted after their Max Level to account for being Champions."

Adjusted UP? or down?
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm not totally against the change in how we buy covers but we need more than a possible 24 hour notice. Can you imagine the backlash and the amount of people contacting Apple and Android for refunds. As someone sitting on 80K HP I have some decisions to make on how to spend it. How about a 1 time HP to CP conversion?
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hero abilities have been adjusted. Abilities are stronger at lower levels
    I thought you guys were working on a way to discourage people from soft-capping their rosters. All this does is give soft-cappers a bigger advantage than they already had to begin with. I swear to god, you people completely mystify me sometimes.
    It's possible that they mean cover levels, and not level levels.

I really hope that that's the case (but even if so, I don't see the reason for the power sag in the middle). It would at least help with the DDQ and essential fights where you have to bring (or rely on) a poorly covered character.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    westnyy2 wrote:
    I'm not totally against the change in how we buy covers but we need more than a possible 24 hour notice. Can you imagine the backlash and the amount of people contacting Apple and Android for refunds. As someone sitting on 80K HP I have some decisions to make on how to spend it. How about a 1 time HP to CP conversion?

Sure, based on the current acquisition rate, 20,000 HP will give you 7 CP. Enjoy your 28 CP!
  • DC1972
    DC1972 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    I am glad an alliance mate posted this thread in Line chat or I may have missed it. I am one of those that purchased during the sale figuring that I could level my 4 stars as needed depending on the upcoming progression award. Now I'll have to do it all by tomorrow. I am not spending all of those HP on shields and slots.

Any way of converting HP into CP?

D3 never ceases to amaze with their communication skills.
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You guys don't know it yet, but D3 will announce 20 minutes before champions arrive that they're doing away with iso-8 and replacing it with HP. Now you have to pay money to level anything! Joy!
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    All I have to say is with this change, they better add more CP to reward structures across the game, like into t50 for PVE's and t100 for PVP's.
    just adding them into the new Champion feature won't be enough.
    With the value of HC being so diminished after this update, the new preferred premium currency needs to be more easily earned through play.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's possible that they mean cover levels, and not level levels.
    I doubt it... in all the writeups, "max" is used to refer to level levels. "Low", "medium" and "max" would be really awkward ways to refer to # of covers.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If it's level levels, it depends on their definition of "low." Soft cappers will still usually have 3* characters in the 90s -- is that "low" and worthy of a buff, or "middle" and about to get nerfed?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To get the 1200 CP needed to whale at release, that's 172 starks. So basically 20 people working together in something like a club, where they each buy 9 starks.

And then fart around with 180k in HP.
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So before, I could spend 50 bucks, get 8500 HP, and upgrade 3 4* covers (ridiculously high cost already in my opinion). Now, my 50 bucks gets... 3 command points? Are they changing how CP are awarded with purchases?
  • Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    500px-Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Um, guys. We need more information on this now.

If the value of our HP stashes is about to change DRASTICALLY at some undetermined time tomorrow, developers need to explain exactly what's going to happen, and they need to explain it yesterday.

You're on the clock.
    This. Please clarify.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This is f'ing insane. Not only has the value of the hp I bought in the sale gotten drastically reduced, but the two covers I had specific plans on whaling, I'll be getting tomorrow (if everything goes well). And one day's notice?!? Probably less than a day, since I'm seeing this at close to the end of the work day!?!

Yeah, I'm asking for my money back, you bet. Through Apple, through D3, whoever.

Edit: Oh, and there goes any incentive for me to spend more money.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    was changing cover buying ever mentioned before? at least if i bought a stark salary i could buy 8 (4*) covers i wish. Now with that change my whole alliance would need to buy a stark salary just to buy 1 (4*) cover.

**** Greediness will now kill whatever life this game had left.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was actually wondering how they could possibly screw up this great thing they were rolling out... why the need to throw that into the mix without any kind of hint that it was in the works... yikes. We know it can be held off. It's an update they can push whenever... they don't HAVE to push it out with Champion Levels... I'm just not understanding their line of thinking.

It's like they brought out a giant birthday cake and then pissed on it to put out the candles.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have no idea if this is good for the game in the long run, but announcing this 24hrs before it goes live is really something else, especially after a sale.
  • Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    was changing cover buying ever mentioned before? at least if i bought a stark salary i could buy 8 (4*) covers i wish. Now with that change my whole alliance would need to buy a stark salary just to buy 1 (4*) cover.

**** Greediness will now kill whatever life this game had left.

And almost noone will be buying Stark Salary after this change. Clearly, removing the ability to buy covers with hp needs to be pushed back at least a week while they rethink this.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,272 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    YUP, this whole update sounded awesome until now...

LOL, always gotta find a new way to piss off your player base!