Updates Arriving With Champion Levels *Updated

Options

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, please. More clarification is necessary. What is then, exactly, the bug with boosted characters and what is the intended change? Right now a Boosted character is dealing significantly (not slightly) /less/ damage than before which is an outright nerf that greatly affects the capacity of players to defeat rosters above their level. Given that for 2* and 3* characters "boosted" is a few levels above their maximum championed levels, is that what we can expect of our champions? For 2*s it matters little as those covers are easy to come by and you require only 50 to fully champion. But to fully champion a 3* will take months if not years, so if their power was lowered to account for their fully championed power, you basically sets our rosters back and de-levelled our characters.

I do understand that you want a fully championed + boosted character not to be too problematic, but that adjustment should come starting with the first level above fully championed level (i.e. 145 for 2*s and 267* for 3*s) not before. Otherwise, coupled with the improvements to low-level characters, you are basically rewarding soft-cappers while handicapping those actually trying to improve their rosters.

I know you are not a developer, David, but please rope one into explaining exactly what is going on.
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello,

Apologies that we didn't make this clear in the previous patch notes. We'll definitely try to rectify that in future.

Demiurge did a balance pass on the ability and match damage of 2-Star, 3-Star, and 4-Star heroes above their Max Level in preparation for the introduction of Champions.

Added line to the OP: "Ability and match damage of 2-Star, 3-Star, and 4-Star characters have been re-tuned when above their Max Level."

So at what point do champions become stronger than original buffed versions? Or do they not? If not, then what's the point of championing again?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Yes, please. More clarification is necessary...I know you are not a developer, David, but please rope one into explaining exactly what is going on.

Working on gathering more info if possible. I'll see if I can get further clarification for Monday.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]3 and 4-Star Hero powers have been adjusted. Powers are stronger at lower levels, slightly weaker at medium levels and unchanged at Max Level.[/color]

I dont understand with that...

Can somebody help me explain?
    Why do we need to upgrade our heroes to champion if they will get weaker?

icon_question.gif
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    if this is intentional is stupid.

I know my boosted Classic Storms blue did 2888 before, now boosted and champed it does 2541.

it's not a huge difference but I can't see why it was lowered at all.
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:

I know my boosted Classic Storms blue did 2888 before, now boosted and champed it does 2541.

I'd like to agree with this point. To me, one of the major draws of championing people is so they would feel big and powerful next to their "older siblings" in the star class above them. If they're being nerfed above max level, it seems like you'll never actually get to that point.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:

And Classic Storm already has a major flaw with her very fragile health pool. Most non-boosted 2 stars have considerably better health than her boosted version, and with the required mission for her that has that dang Kishun and his ridiculous Caltrops, she especially loses big chunks of health even without a single countdown tile finishing. It is weird that her Wind Storm does less damage boosted than before, considering it's more powerful than before unboosted.
  • Monged4life
    Options
    The change to how characters are boosted has been confirmed as a bug by David Hifi Moore in the sticked Champions FAQ thread. It is NOT intended.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The change to how characters are boosted has been confirmed as a bug by David Hifi Moore in the sticked Champions FAQ thread. It is NOT intended.
    Well he thinks that it was not intended, but if you intendedly change scaling above 94 lvl then it WOULD always effect boosted characters. Those things (boosted characters and scaling change) are connected without changing/fixing one you can't change/fix the other.
    If they want to fix boosted character numbers they need to change scaling back to the old values.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    princexude wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]3 and 4-Star Hero powers have been adjusted. Powers are stronger at lower levels, slightly weaker at medium levels and unchanged at Max Level.[/color]

icon_question.gif

My understanding is that non-maxed characters became weaker. The problem here is that I suspect for 3*s, the max level being used is a max champ's 266, rather than 166. That would account for the decrease in damage that we're seeing now. So even if you stayed at 166, the game considers your character to be at medium level (out of the new 266 max) and you would still see a decrease in damage.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    princexude wrote:
    "David wrote:

icon_question.gif

My understanding is that non-maxed characters became weaker. The problem here is that I suspect for 3*s, the max level being used is a max champ's 266, rather than 166. That would account for the decrease in damage that we're seeing now. So even if you stayed at 166, the game considers your character to be at medium level (out of the new 266 max) and you would still see a decrease in damage.

That makes sense and it really only effects PVE where the game doesn't seem to have gotten even slightly softer on AI abilities.

In PVP everyone is effected so it shouldn't make a difference really.

It does take a bit of getting used to when you think Black Panther is going to do 4000 damage and he does 3700 leaving Thor alive for a Call the Storm!
  • Msm2008
    Msm2008 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    So what CAN our stockpiled HP do now?!? I know I have a ton saved from the sale and if we can convert it to CP or use it to gain CP then that's not too bad. Hopefully it has a new function to smoothly and fairy transition to CP as our new currency.

But if it's solely for roster spots and shields now then this is a huge,gigantic issue and refunds are deserved if you purchased HP recently as many of us have. Hoping for more clarification soon from any dev.

healthpack.pngshieldgrey.png new character slots

Is this correct? Or has there been some confirmation that HP can be converted into CP?

I'm sitting on 20k HP which I've been saving for IMHB once I finally get a blue cover for him. However, if I won't be able to use HP after Jan 13 to do that, then I would probably spend 3/4 of it by tonight on other 4* covers.

I almost never come on this board but perhaps I should every so often just to avoid getting blindsided by something like this.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    zodiac339 wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

And Classic Storm already has a major flaw with her very fragile health pool. Most non-boosted 2 stars have considerably better health than her boosted version, and with the required mission for her that has that dang Kishun and his ridiculous Caltrops, she especially loses big chunks of health even without a single countdown tile finishing. It is weird that her Wind Storm does less damage boosted than before, considering it's more powerful than before unboosted.

They keep giving her caltrops ninjas in EotS. Level 200-250 caltrops Kishus down Storm in 2-3 trap matches unless you have strong protect tiles. The caltrops don't do enough damage to trigger 4Pool and Thing/3Pool/Cyclops won't jump in front of an AoE. You essentially need something that will find and eliminate traps (carnage's passive for instance) or you need something that will quickly down 1 or 2 Kishus before they AoE you to death.

But srs talk bros: why is your whole team walking over the caltrops? I mean, you do the match damage and end up stepping on the trap with character A. Why do B and C follow you over the traps? I mean, when Fury's Demolition goes off, the explosion doesn't hit the whole team, when Daredevil's Ambush is set off, he doesn't hit the front character and then subsequently hit the rest of the team as they all walk through the same ambush, why are they all walking over the same caltrops?

In game, this ability makes no sense.
  • Buret0 wrote:

But srs talk bros: why is your whole team walking over the caltrops? I mean, you do the match damage and end up stepping on the trap with character A. Why do B and C follow you over the traps? I mean, when Fury's Demolition goes off, the explosion doesn't hit the whole team, when Daredevil's Ambush is set off, he doesn't hit the front character and then subsequently hit the rest of the team as they all walk through the same ambush, why are they all walking over the same caltrops?

In game, this ability makes no sense.

I like to imagine the front character steps/rolls on them and they slip so hard they knock all the other ones into the air and at all their friends.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Bro, dat flying on the winds of Mother Nature, doe.......
  • jigawatt
    jigawatt Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Msm2008 wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    So what CAN our stockpiled HP do now?!? I know I have a ton saved from the sale and if we can convert it to CP or use it to gain CP then that's not too bad. Hopefully it has a new function to smoothly and fairy transition to CP as our new currency.

But if it's solely for roster spots and shields now then this is a huge,gigantic issue and refunds are deserved if you purchased HP recently as many of us have. Hoping for more clarification soon from any dev.

healthpack.pngshieldgrey.png new character slots

Is this correct? Or has there been some confirmation that HP can be converted into CP?

I'm sitting on 20k HP which I've been saving for IMHB once I finally get a blue cover for him. However, if I won't be able to use HP after Jan 13 to do that, then I would probably spend 3/4 of it by tonight on other 4* covers.

I almost never come on this board but perhaps I should every so often just to avoid getting blindsided by something like this.

This issue is still a huge elephant in the room for me. Is cp going to start raining down twice as much in rewards? It's been vital for my enjoyment of the game so far to be able to whale covers of preferred characters (2* and 3*) instead of peddle around for a month or 3 or 4 waiting on one measly drop out of 13. You're *losing* a lot of entry level money taking that ability away. could care less about roster spots
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jigawatt wrote:
    This issue is still a huge elephant in the room for me. Is cp going to start raining down twice as much in rewards? It's been vital for my enjoyment of the game so far to be able to whale covers of preferred characters (2* and 3*) instead of peddle around for a month or 3 or 4 waiting on one measly drop out of 13. You're *losing* a lot of entry level money taking that ability away. could care less about roster spots
    To me the most dissapointing part is that once it was subtly announced by David, there was no sticky Post referring to this change directly put up by the moderators. I would think this is a case where they should have stepped up and made sure their fellow players were informed.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm guessing my other +47 post was deleted because it didn't contain numbers. Not sure why it wasn't just moved here, but since no explanation was given, I'll assume delete not move was a mistake. I'll try again.

The problem I have with the balance change is the same problem I have with most changes in the game. I'm exhausted from always playing "Guess the Rules!"

All threads and announcements come in generic form with little in the way of information or detail as to why a change was made. Well not all, this announcement from Will is arguably the best the forums have seen: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20201&p=263717&hilit=cooldown#p263717.

So here we have another change. No details as to what changed. No details to why it was changed. Then asked for feedback on what we found, like it's a scavenger hunt.

When you're continuously vague, people believe you're hiding something.
    When people think you're hiding something, they don't trust your intentions.
    When they don't trust your intentions, they believe the worst.

That's not how to build a rapport with your player base.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm sorry if I've missed it, but with the new CP system going into play tomorrow, has their been any dev feedback on how this is supposed to work or is it just supposed to be a surprise?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas wrote:
    I'm sorry if I've missed it, but with the new CP system going into play tomorrow, has their been any dev feedback on how this is supposed to work or is it just supposed to be a surprise?

It's always a surprise. You like surprises, right?