Updates Arriving With Champion Levels *Updated

Options

Comments

• DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    One thing I'm still wondering: Didn't they also announce a 20 CP token? I would like to know before I spend my CP whether or not this is a thing that is happening.

As a forthcoming thing in the future, not (at least not explicitly) as part of this update.
  • simonsez wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]2, 3 and 4-star characters will see a slight difference in match damage and health.
    "slight difference" my ****. The update to match damage nerfs PX/GSBW, as I suspect you guys intended.
    I'm on the other side of this than Gambit: considering buying ProfX blue to 5 with the last of my HP before I can't anymore. Was the change just on match-damage therefore the appropriate limits for leveling ProfX, or is there something more sinister afoot?

I've got a couple 5*s which are killing my scaling, so planned to combat that **** with a little winfinite **** of my own. Is it still viable?
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've got a couple 5*s which are killing my scaling, so planned to combat that **** with a little winfinite **** of my own. Is it still viable?

Depends on the level of your Px. At level 166GSBW/SW will tank purple over a level 166 Px. At level 180, Px tanks blue (which is where my Px is). So, the combo still works fine if your Px is a low enough level (or you eventually champion GSBW or SW enough).
  • morph3us wrote:
    Depends on the level of your Px. At level 166GSBW/SW will tank purple over a level 166 Px. At level 180, Px tanks blue (which is where my Px is). So, the combo still works fine if your Px is a low enough level (or you eventually champion GSBW or SW enough).
    Thanks Morph3us. My PX is still unleveled sitting at 1/1/3 unless I drop 7500 HP to buy his blue up to 4 total. I decided to spend my CP on tokens while there are still only 3 5*s, so can't immediately get him to 5 blue, but still considering getting him almost there at the cost of future roster spots. Big fear is a more targeted nerf just after I commit. first world problems...
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Big fear is a more targeted nerf just after I commit. first world problems...

My feeling is a more targeted nerf is unlikely. The GSBW/SW/Px combo is hardly gamebreaking. It takes a few turns to get going, in which you take some damage anyway, doesn't always chain infinitely, and it's extremely weak on defense in PvP, which is why you mostly see it in PvE. The blue match damage buff to Px is probably enough of a nerf. At level 166, Px only has 5950 health, so in order to get winfinite going, you have to keep Px very underlevelled now. That kind of relegates it to a niche use case. As such, I would guess that the devs probably feel it isn't too far out of whack with the blue match damage buff.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    devs are doing people a favour really and turning their stale combos into new ones.
    And who's going to fix my scaling?

Between this and "all progression is random now" they need to stop doing me **** favors...
  • djvkool
    djvkool Posts: 47
    Options
    If I am not mistaken, the way I read the initial post is...

1 and 2 stars - can't buy power upgrade with ANY currency

3 and 4 starts - now we can buy power upgrades with HP AND CP(?)

If indeed we can't use HP to buy upgrades for 3* and 4* anymore, if the Devs could confirm soon so we have some time to decide what to do with the HP bought during the sale?

Thank you

EDIT - nevermind, just saw the post from the Devs about this
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    devs are doing people a favour really and turning their stale combos into new ones.
    And who's going to fix my scaling?

Between this and "all progression is random now" they need to stop doing me tinykitty favors...

Well you're not wrong on scaling, it does need to be fixed mine goes up and down very erratically. The progression things is not as random now though, more 4* covers available in PVE, more 4* covers available for championing AND they are targeted covers as well - not tokens. PVP could do with the same reward structure and they could perhaps do with putting a 4* cover as a progression reward instead of LT but it's definitely an improvement. 4->5* however...is still completely at the mercy of rngesus.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    I'm seeing my champed DP's whale doing less damage than before. I wonder if dmg is calculated using new 266 max, and making my 170s DP considered a soft capper subject to dmg "adjustment"?

That being said, if every one is subject to the same adjustment, I guess I will have to adjust accordingly. icon_e_confused.gif
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    I'm seeing my champed DP's whale doing less damage than before. I wonder if dmg is calculated using new 266 max, and making my 170s DP considered a soft capper subject to dmg "adjustment"?

That being said, if every one is subject to the same adjustment, I guess I will have to adjust accordingly. icon_e_confused.gif

The max is still 166 for 3-stars, and their damage/health should increase with every level of Championing.
    It may be a bug or something else.
  • simonsez
    Options
    The progression things is not as random now though
    If I can't play hard for 2 weeks and earn enough HP to buy the last cover I need on a character, and instead have to rely on token luck, or wait 6 months for it to show up as a progression award, then yes, it's absolutely more random now.
  • simonsez
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    Everyone is not. Soft-cappers are reporting more damage than before. Wtg demiurge...
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't think this is a bug. The changes related to powers appear to be....

1. Damage is increased from before when they're below max level (94/166/270)

2. Damage is the same as before when they are at max level.

3. Damage is lower than before when they are at champion/buffed level (above 94/166/270)

To put it another way....

Math alert
    If the power damage was
    Damage = M*X + B
    where
    M = Dev set increases in damage by level
    X = Character level
    B = Base damage (at starting levels)

Then B was increased but M was decreased.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    One thing I'm still wondering: Didn't they also announce a 20 CP token? I would like to know before I spend my CP whether or not this is a thing that is happening.

The guy in the video says "in a couple of weeks...". So I think we can expect it soon.

Since I've already dropped 2 5* I think I'll keep pulling 25s, just for the off chance.
  • I don't think this is a bug. The changes related to powers appear to be....
    I agree completely that this is the case, and likely because if they didn't lower the "slope", then championed _and_ boosted toons would be crazy (like 395 Juggs).

The only other thing I'd add is that it seems like the "slope" isn't actually linear, and that they built in a low-point around the middle levels where people typically soft cap for ISO or whatever other reasons. So in those areas damage actually when down, but it seems like only by a very little (<10%).
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't think this is a bug. The changes related to powers appear to be....

1. Damage is increased from before when they're below max level (94/166/270)

2. Damage is the same as before when they are at max level.

3. Damage is lower than before when they are at champion/buffed level (above 94/166/270)

To put it another way....

Math alert
    If the power damage was
    Damage = M*X + B
    where
    M = Dev set increases in damage by level
    X = Character level
    B = Base damage (at starting levels)

Then B was increased but M was decreased.

Wouldn't this mean that boosted 3*s, the bridge that allows 4* transitioners to compete against maxed 4* rosters are significantly weaker now? (For example, my maxed, boosted Deadpool's Whales now deal 25% less damage than before; however maxed 4*s' HP hasn't gone down, so it's more difficult for me now to take them down.) I really can't believe that they are taking shots at the already wounded and ailing 4* transition. That's why I'm hoping that it's a bug.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Hello,

Apologies that we didn't make this clear in the previous patch notes. We'll definitely try to rectify that in future.

Demiurge did a balance pass on the ability and match damage of 2-Star, 3-Star, and 4-Star heroes above their Max Level in preparation for the introduction of Champions.

Added line to the OP: "Ability and match damage of 2-Star, 3-Star, and 4-Star characters have been re-tuned when above their Max Level."
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello,

Apologies that we didn't make this clear in the previous patch notes. We'll definitely try to rectify that in future.

Demiurge did a balance pass on the ability and match damage of 2-Star, 3-Star, and 4-Star heroes above their Max Level in preparation for the introduction of Champions.

Added line to the OP: "Ability and match damage of 2-Star, 3-Star, and 4-Star characters have been re-tuned when above their Max Level."

I'm confused, you just said it was a bug in the other thread. Did you mean the bug is that some boosts weren't getting the levels they were supposed to, but the reduction in damage above max was intended?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello,

I'm confused, you just said it was a bug in the other thread. Did you mean the bug is that some boosts weren't getting the levels they were supposed to, but the reduction in damage above max was intended?

If I'm understanding you correctly, yes.
    There was a balance pass across the board for Champions - this was intended.
    There is currently a bug with "boosted" characters. - this is unintended.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    udonomefoo wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello,

If I'm understanding you correctly, yes.
    There was a balance pass across the board for Champions - this was intended.
    There is currently a bug with "boosted" characters. - this is unintended.

I'm sorry, let me try this one more time with a specific example. My human torch, boosted, was doing 5k per use of his red. After the feature went live, that went down to 4k (rounded numbers). Is that the bug, or is that the balance pass, since when boosted he is above the old max level. I did not champion or otherwise level him during the event.

Thank you.