Championing info is starting to go live in the press!

Comments

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker
    Just to be clear, this is no longer considered spoilers?
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    looks pretty official, considering the interview is from a d3 employee
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    So how long until we see a fully championed 5 star.png destroying everything in their path?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jathro wrote:

Kabir is a demiurge employee, i.e. a developer.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Redrobot30 wrote:
    The biggest pain point that we need to address is the random way you earn them as mission rewards, something we're certainly hoping to address this year.

Am I just optimistic in thinking they are actually going to address the 20 Iso reward problem? Makes it sound like they are going to make it easier to get them instead of grinding down past the 1 Iso point to finally get CP???

I think you are a bit optimistic there. "hoping to address this year" isn't exactly a statement that they're on top of it right now.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jathro wrote:

Kabir is a demiurge employee, i.e. a developer.

Yah, and i have already sent a few apology pm's out today, the article appears to be from 9:20PM EST (6:20 PST) last night, so this morning, a couple people had posts removed etc.. they have been restored and whatnot.

But, if you have mined info that has NOT been released or covered in that article, we will still be taking care of those, until told otherwise.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    I do not want to be negative about the potential "Champions" feature but every time a new feature sounds awesome, they end up being completely disappointing such as 4* DDQ, CP, Vault, etc. They all sound great on paper but the execution is rarely what it sounds like (Regular DDQ being the exception).

What annoys me the most of Championing is this seems to be the devs answer to competing with 5*'s. Instead of "buffing 2/3/4*'s" with championing, how about simply decreasing the stats (HP, Match Damage) of 5*'s while they are still new.

Championing to me sounds more like "We need more of your money, go buy Iso". As much as I would love to have a higher leveled OBW or IF, there is not enough Iso for to support championing even if they added new ways to earn iso or increased the iso flow.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do not want to be negative about the potential "Champions" feature but every time a new feature sounds awesome, they end up being completely disappointing such as 4* DDQ, CP, Vault, etc. They all sound great on paper but the execution is rarely what it sounds like (Regular DDQ being the exception).

What annoys me the most of Championing is this seems to be the devs answer to competing with 5*'s when instead of "buffing 2/3/4*'s" they could simply decrease the stats (HP, Match Damage) of the 5*'s while they are still new. Championing to me sounds more like "We need more money, go buy Iso". As much as I would love to have a higher leveled OBW or IF, there's no enough Iso for to support championing even if they added new ways to earn iso or increased the flow.

I've yet to see anything positive about even more grind and more covers and making tiers 2 and 3 and 4 last longer along with all the veterans with covers and standard tokens they never open able to just pump up the bottom half of their roster and get more rewards including cp and hp, which they kinda dominate in getting already.

It's also incredibly stupid to do interviews to be released before info especially after the last like what, 5 features in a row?
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I would guess that once Championing makes its debut, that will be the end of freebie 2* covers given out as PVP spoils. Otherwise heavy PVP players could create multiple copies of every 2* with relative ease and keep mining them for the extra Championing rewards.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash wrote:
    I would guess that once Championing makes its debut, that will be the end of freebie 2* covers given out as PVP spoils. Otherwise heavy PVP players could create multiple copies of every 2* with relative ease and keep mining them for the extra Championing rewards.
    I doubt that, they have to level max each duplicate 2* to champion that... what the iso cost to max a 2*? With people vying for ISO to level their guys seems like its not the best use of Iso to get the champion 'rewards' whatever they are.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash wrote:

No, i want a lvl 150 bagman.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash wrote:

1k hp per roster slot and 70k iso to max each character before you can start adding additional covers and levels. I can't imagine the benefits from doing that would be enough to outweigh the costs.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash wrote:

There's no way guys at the top end would spend thousands of HP for incremental rewards just because they can.

Oh, right.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    CNash wrote:
    highly doubt that because championing isn't available until the character is at lvl 94, which is quite a bit of iso (70K iirc) that would likely be better spent elsewhere. not to mention the 1K hp roster slot. the 2* championing rewards would have to be really really good for me to consider that. 70K iso and 1K hp is no joke...

edit: dang we all think too much alike icon_lol.gif
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    udonomefoo wrote:
    CNash wrote:

1k hp per roster slot and 70k iso to max each character before you can start adding additional covers and levels. I can't imagine the benefits from doing that would be enough to outweigh the costs.

Well you wouldn't need 1K per slot once you finish champing one you'd just sell it (getting a tiny fraction of the ISO back) and start again. (of course the ISO cost alone makes it unlikely to be a wise use of resources.)
  • Uncletas
    Uncletas Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Wondering how many people will still like it after they see all the top people just using champions and crushing everyone else. Also means the transition just got longer and harder for people as now you need more of everything. How may this turn off the more casual as it may be harder for them in pvp or placing in pve? Just a thought
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    CNash wrote:

I tend to doubt it. Why would I spend tens of thousands of ISO on that?
  • Punisher5784
    GurlBYE wrote:

What annoys me the most of Championing is this seems to be the devs answer to competing with 5*'s when instead of "buffing 2/3/4*'s" they could simply decrease the stats (HP, Match Damage) of the 5*'s while they are still new. Championing to me sounds more like "We need more money, go buy Iso". As much as I would love to have a higher leveled OBW or IF, there's no enough Iso for to support championing even if they added new ways to earn iso or increased the flow.

I've yet to see anything positive about even more grind and more covers and making tiers 2 and 3 and 4 last longer along with all the veterans with covers and standard tokens they never open able to just pump up the bottom half of their roster and get more rewards including cp and hp, which they kinda dominate in getting already.

It's also incredibly stupid to do interviews to be released before info especially after the last like what, 5 features in a row?

Token hoarders always prevail EXCEPT during the implementation of the Vault. They forced the taco hoarders to use all of their tokens prior to the new Vault. Perhaps the devs will do something similar, not sure what they can do to address this situation though. They will likely ignore it as usual but I don't know how much longer they can continue to piss of a majority of their playerbase.
  • Punisher5784
    Malcrof wrote:
    CNash wrote:

No, i want a lvl 150 bagman.

I heard Bagman is returning to the token rotation and there will be decrease of the % for 4*'s icon_lol.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Uncletas wrote:
    Wondering how many people will still like it after they see all the top people just using champions and crushing everyone else. Also means the transition just got longer and harder for people as now you need more of everything. How may this turn off the more casual as it may be harder for them in pvp or placing in pve? Just a thought

I don't think this well be as tragic as it's being made out to be. If you're struggling with the 4* transition now, extending your 3* while you get those 4* covers is a benefit. If you're transitioning to 4*, you also know that covers don't rain from the sky, so Championing isn't going to be an immediate process. The ones who will champion immediately are those that already spent to the point they have 5*, so you weren't catching them anyway.

But it depends on a lot of things. If you can buy champion status (i'll assume you can), if they're a limit to your number of champions (I assume there isn't), if it has a cost, if Iso costs are being reduced/Iso generation increased, etc, etc, etc.....

If you have a high expectation of what the mechanic *should* do, you're the most likely to be disappointed by its release.