Championing info is starting to go live in the press!

Phumade
Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
http://www.gamecritics.com/brad-gallawa ... dYnBU.dpuf

This article has alot of updates.

1. cheaper LT style token, 4* or better for 20cp.
2. No 3rd powers for 1*
3. Implied nerf on jeanbuster?
4. Apparently, KK is overlooked for GSBW hahahaha.

Edit: Second article discussing Championing has also gone live
http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2559 ... ion_levels

Make sure you look at the pics.
1. 5K to promote a 2*
2. 7.5k to promote a 3*
3. no pics on 4*

Edit: January Community video released
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL0rZ_k ... e=youtu.be
1. The rewards for promoting a character look fantastic. I think I saw a LT token in the mix.

Mod Edit, Until we have an official, please use this thread, others will be merged

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade wrote:
    http://www.gamecritics.com/brad-gallaway/marvel-puzzle-quest-changes-to-the-game-for-2016#sthash.anIdYnBU.dpuf

2. No 3rd powers for 1*

Yeah, your #4 was pretty funny. Outside of winfinite, KK is far better than GSBW. I use KK in the DDQ wave node every single day.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Orion wrote:
    Phumade wrote:
    http://www.gamecritics.com/brad-gallaway/marvel-puzzle-quest-changes-to-the-game-for-2016#sthash.anIdYnBU.dpuf

2. No 3rd powers for 1*

Yeah, your #4 was pretty funny. Outside of winfinite, KK is far better than GSBW. I use KK in the DDQ wave node every single day.

Come on, GSBW is OBVIOUSLY on par with Moonboobies as one of the best two chars.....no?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't nerf jg/hb! It's already plenty easy for me to beat.. I like it!! Otherwise people will start using other combos, which will probably be harder for me to defeat icon_e_confused.gif
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mmmm, Oh My God! I swear, if they lower the cost of the legendary token to 20 CP then I demand a refund of 5 CP per legendary token I have purchased with them since the inception of Command Points. Don't you screw me like this D3P. You take people's money, multiple stark purchases, then you lower the cost after a sale. No beuno!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards

if that is true i can heard people demanding their CP pts back for all for the LT they got . i know i just spent 250 CP on 10 covers could got 12
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mmmm, Oh My God! I swear, if they lower the cost of the legendary token to 20 CP then I demand a refund of 5 CP per legendary token I have purchased with them since the inception of Command Points. Don't you screw me like this D3P. You take people's money, multiple stark purchases, then you lower the cost after a sale. No beuno!

The way I read it, it's going to be a token with (significantly?) lower 5* odds. So closer to the 4* token people have clamored for, but still with the transition upside.

What you should fear more is they use that token to replace the progression/reward one.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't interpret anything they said as being a nerf for JG/HB. What they seemed to imply was that a new awesome combo will drop during the year that will replace them entirely.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    The new token sounds like a 4*-focused Heroic -- i.e. it still gives 5* rewards, but at 0.5% or such (vs. the much higher odds with legendaries). So it's mainly meant for people who just want a 4* cover. I guess.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    I'm starting to wonder if that's a typo and should instead be a 3* or better token. I hope its not, but, history....
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Championing won't help anything, it will only draw out transitions even longer
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

if that is true i can heard people demanding their CP pts back for all for the LT they got . i know i just spent 250 CP on 10 covers could got 12

Its too early to speculate on this, but this token may exclude 5* characters in exchange for a cheaper price. But honestly, who knows? Or maybe they are just lowering the prices?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally, we're also launching a huge new feature that will definitely shake up MPQ: Champions. After you have fully leveled a 2-star (or better) character, you can add new covers you get to take the character past their level cap. With each additional cover, you'll also earn juicy rewards, like more Iso-8, Hero Points, Command Points and Legendary Tokens. We think this makes every cover you get interesting again, and the Command Points and Legendary Tokens will also help to speed up your progression.

Dude your going to make it A LOT OF STUFF i mean WOO i get a CP for maxxing out my 3 stars and its just going to cost me 90,000 ISO SOLD LOL

might max out some of my 2 stars for just a low 25,000 each
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Championing will be useful IF you don't face champions in PVP (i.e. your defensive team does not have champions).
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    They specifically said that the next round of balancing is buffs only. That should go over well (and for once I'm serious when I say that).

Also:

You make a Champion by adding additional covers to a level capped character. So they have to be at 94/166/270 in addition to having 13 covers.
    Turning a character into a champion creates ISO/HP/CP/tokens, rather than costing it.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Championing won't help anything, it will only draw out transitions even longer

Yeah... I don't see how that helps much with the main problem with LT's, the randomness... *sigh*

So what, ill be able to champion Baglady or Star Lord... YAY icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone got a few million iso i can bum? Looks like since the cover raises the level cap, i would think you have to level to new max to add another cover, so the cost is a cover, then iso to go further.
  • DaveR4470

What you should fear more is they use that token to replace the progression/reward one.

It would actually make sense to replace the PvE progression award with that one (and lower the total points required a little bit), and have the "real" legendary be only at the 1300 PvP progression level. Why? Because anyone with a 3* roster (or even a 2* roster) can hit the PvE progression fairly consistently just by playing a lot, but you need to have a well-developed 4* team to hit 1300 consistently in PvE. Swapping out that legendary provides somewhat of an incentive for top-end 4* teams to move to PvP and not play PvE, making the PvE rewards more achievable for transition teams, while still leaving an obtainable Legendary every 3-4 days for the high end players.
  • I really hope championing doesn't cost iso. Players are already strapped for ISO and gating championing off with ISO would only hurt the players who the feature is supposed to be helping.
  • DaveR4470
    I'm starting to wonder if that's a typo and should instead be a 3* or better token. I hope its not, but, history....

Nobody would buy that in the era of DDQ. Ever. For 20 CP, it's going to be 4* or better.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    Anyone got a few million iso i can bum? Looks like since the cover raises the level cap, i would think you have to level to new max to add another cover, so the cost is a cover, then iso to go further.

Not how I've been hearing it. My understanding is there is an initial cost (CP, HP or ISO) then each cover you apply after that adds a level, as well as progression rewards (i.e. 25 HP for going from 94-95, 250 ISO from 95-96, 1 CP from 99-100, etc etc)